February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms (10/22-10/26)

..because this makes me giggle every time I see it :D 

Re: Weekly randoms (10/22-10/26)

• Options
    okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited October 2018
    Happy Monday! This weekend was super busy... I judged a youth cheer competition all day Saturday and then Sunday we went food shopping and then dropped the kids at my parents & DH and I got away for a day date.  We went brewery hopping which was fun for him, mildly tolerable for me.   

DD back to school this morning, DS had soccer.  Now I'm irrationally happy to be making Shepherd's Pie for dinner and I just started "The Haunting of Hill House" and I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret starting this while DH isn't home.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 I watch The Haunting of Hill House with DH and I still get spooked lol. 

It was in the 60s this morning so I took DD to the park and spent over 2 hours there. It was awesome. I love this weather! 

Also there was a mom there with 4 kids under 5 (one was a tiny baby in a carrier) and I was just watching in amazement at how well she wrangled her kids. I can’t even figure out how I’m going to deal with 2! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My loud mouthed coworker just said to me “I noticed your butt gaining weight way before I noticed you were getting a belly” ......okaaaaaaay thanks????? 
  • Options
    @mommin135 wow what a jerk! Why would they think that is ok to say??
  • Options
    @mommin135 omg ew. Why are they looking at your butt anyway?? 
  • Options
    @mommin135 - I'd probably reply with something SUPER mature like "Oh I see you're still an asshole". 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @ mommin135 so ppl have nothing better todo the fuck with other ppl.
    im a bigger girl and I’m 5’10 I tend to loose waight in the first and second trimester don’t no why I always have. Well I’m down 35 pounds and my darling SIL told me she doesn’t think I’m pregnant just fat still. She 5’2 and a size 1 as soon as she pregnant she start to show
  • Options
    Jeez @mommin135 and @shellperry, it is unbelievable the things people say to us pregos.  Considering that I am on the edge of a full rager at all times from the stress and hormones, and I assume you are the same, these rude folks are really brave or really lucky to survive.
  • Options
    Warning to girl moms: glitter and sequins in the dryer ALL THE TIME. 
  • Options
    @grebretso

T
    M
    I

Lord.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @okayestmom12 Seriously. I also couldn’t get away since I was in her car. Jesus.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited October 2018
    @shellperry your SIL sounds like a real ass. Sorry you have a person like that in your life. 

@BourbonBiscuits we are on episode 6! I love it but I just can’t handle watching more than one episode a day lol. 
  • Options
    @grebretso oh gosh that sounds awful! Thanks, total stranger. Ugh
  • Options
    Dinner is made and it’ll take everything in my power to not bake it off and eat it before dinner time. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @BourbonBiscuits - I'm on episode 8! We also finished Making a Murderer season 2 yesterday!

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Does Hill House get less scary as you keep going? I only made it through the first episode and H is gone for a few weeks so I’m all alone... 
  • Options
    @megpants209 there are some episodes that are less scary than others but I’d say it’s pretty creepy overall. 

@kayjay44 is season 2 good? Season 1 was riveting I feel like it’ll be hard to follow that. 
  • Options
    Looking to start Hill House with DH tonight- I love scary crap- but we don't have blinds up in the new house yet and our TV area is next to the sliders to our backyard that is super dark at night-so I am a bit unsure how that might impact my threshold on scary. Add in that we have a weird embankment off the back of the yard with a set of old wood stairs through a small patch of woods down to the road so, our yard, until we have better lighting, is creepy AF.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @allthingsgo - It's far better IMO.

I love scary stuff - so so much. It used to affect me more, but now it takes a lot to rattle me.

I'm puking again for no reason - This pregnancy can't end fast enough.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @kayjay44 I think episode 8 is the one that made me scream out loud.

@megpants209 I think it gets scarier as it goes on, but more “adult”/realistic scary in the later episodes.

The last 10 minutes of the last episode had me bawling. Now that it’s over I’ll have to start something new. I never saw making a murdered season 1, so I think I’m going to watch both seasons of that next!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 that sounds super creepy! Our sliders which look into a wooded area are right by the TV too but I always make sure to close the blinds once it gets dark. I’m so freaked out by open blinds or curtains at night. I always feel like someone could be right there peering in the window. Silly I know but it’s where my mind goes!
  • Options
    Ugh thanks you guys. I was too dumbfounded to even say anything so I basically just stood there lol.

I am waaaaay too scared to watch the Haunting of Hill House but keep hearing how good it is!!!! 
  • Options
    DS got a dose of antibiotics and cough syrup from urgent care so he did bounce back at Disney! However now mommy and daddy are sick and the medicine has made DS a total NIGHTMARE.  We flew home today and he has been crying and throwing tantrums since the minute he woke up.  Some lady at the airport while we were checking in actually turned around and angrily shushed him.  I nearly cunt punted her into next week - she didn’t expect us to say anything but me and my husbands nerves were shot lol

DS fell asleep on the plane thank GOD bc again total nightmare all day.  And he’s hanging on me right now still being a little asshole and I just don’t have the strength lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Soooo remember when we tried the toddler bed transition over the summer and failed miserably? Well DS has been sleeping like garbage and consistently climbing out of his crib, so I think it's time to bite the bullet and do it for real this time. I know it's going to be harder since I gave in the first time (like that time he was sleep trained and then I effed it up through a sleep regression and had to re-train him. That was a blast.) So now I feel extra nervous about making the transition. I really do think it's time though. The twin bed has been in his room for a while and we read our books in it every night. I just don't know how to make the switch. Do I put the mattress on the floor? We have one of those bed rails so he won't fall out, but then I read I'm supposed to have one for each side, even if the bed is up against the wall because he can get stuck in between? When we asked the pediatrician he said the minute he climbs out of the crib to start the transition (for safety reasons) and to put up a baby gate so he can't leave the room. Basically pediatrician said he'll get bored and go to bed eventually. Ughhhh I feel totally stumped and just have no idea what to do. And honestly this is the first time I've felt completely lost as a parent. I mean don't get me wrong, most days I'm like "wtf am I even doing??" but it feels like there is a right way to do this and I just don't know it.  :s
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits- I have zero constructive assistance to provide but will be following all of this because we desperately need to transition my son out of his crib stat!
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 that sounds rough!! Hope you guys are feeling better soon!
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits we transitioned DS to a twin bed about 2 months ago and it took him a few nights to get used to it but he has done really well. I have the bed against the wall and just used a bumper on the open side of the bed and I also put his crib mattress on the floor in case he did fall out (and he has a few times but just got right back in bed) I didn’t put a gate up. I would just take him back to bed when he would come out and that only lasted a few nights. Now he does great and stays in bed usually until about 6-6:30. I know every kid is different but hopefully you will have success soon! I was really nervous about doing it but he surprised me!
  • Options
    @dcaron10 that's comforting to hear!! How old is your DS? Mine definitely has some strong receptive language skills, but I still wonder how much he'll understand/comply when I say "it's time to stay in bed"
  • Options
    okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited October 2018
    @BourbonBiscuits - we moved my DS to a single bed late this spring right after he turned 3. He is a, how should I say it, a spirited child and has done REALLY well.  He didn't fight us about bedtime/ staying in bed, and slept all night.  How old is your little guy? 

His bed is up against a wall too and one of my favorite parenting hacks is to use a pool noodle under the fitted sheet instead of a bed rail.  It acts like a bumper and kids cannot roll over it. Maybe that would work on your wall side (so you don't have to invest in another rail).  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @grebretso - Share a picture!!! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    I'm bumping from my laptop and noticed my ticker says baby is the size of a Chipotle burrito. Good thing I've got beef in the slow cooker for tacos tonight.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @okayestmom12 Will do when I get home after work!! There’s a baby blanket too.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 "spirited" is a great word to describe mine as well! He's 20 months right now (this baby is due less than a week before his 2nd birthday) and he loves his big boy bed. We read in it every night and he hangs out on the big bed all the time when he's playing independently in his room. I guess I don't know how long I should expect it to take either - in about 2 weeks I'm going to have a ton of late nights at work, so his bedtime routine is going to be all jacked up. Is it worth starting now or should I wait until we're through those late work nights? I feel like this is a can I'm going to keep kicking down the road until he gets hurt climbing out of the crib and I don't want that to happen!
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits - Tough call.  But I feel like it's one of those things that you need to just bite the bullet and do - KWIM? My mom basically gave me the same advice when I was potty training my son this summer.  I kept saying "well we have my DD's school event and then this and that coming up so maybe I should wait". And I just had to do it and deal with however it went (it went REALLY well FTR!). 

I feel like if you take down the crib so he just has the bed, he'll have no other choice (even if that does mean he's pissed at the idea of it at first).  Neither of my kids climbed out but I know that was what my pedi had said too - the minute they climb, they need out.   :|
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19