June 2019 Moms

Spotting Support Group (*TW*)

I know quite a few of us have spotted or are currently spotting, so I figured a support thread would be nice to update/check in/ask questions.

Re: Spotting Support Group (*TW*)

• I had some brown spotting tonight after a BM. I normally would be dismissive because I spotted on and off with DD but I’m having quite a bit of back pain. Trying to remain optimistic and rest. I have an appt with my OB tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed everything looks good in there! 
  • @moralesbaby19 Fingers crossed everything looks good tomorrow!

TW: loss mentioned 

I had a tiny amount of brown blood when I wiped earlier today. I just about had a heart attack because it took me right back to my loss before my son. Spotting is staying away now but if anything seems off tomorrow I’ll be emailing my MFM for a sooner appointment. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had spotting for a week but my numbers still look good so I am
    trying to stay optimistic.  @moralesbaby19 keeping fingers crossed and @luckystar28 and keeping fingers crossed as well.
  • Count me in. I had spotting for a day about 10 days ago and then a tiny single drop 2 days ago, both after a BM. My symptoms are not bad and definitely come and go, which is not providing any reassurance... I guess we can all just rest and take care of ourselves and hope for the best.
  • I think this is where I’ll say my farewell ladies  :'(:'( TW: loss 

I didn’t participate in the symptoms board because besides some fatigue which could have been contributed to lack of caffeine I didn’t have any....that along with my faintest of faint positives, I have had that gut feeling the past few days and today I started to bleed...more than just spotting for me...

i wish you all the best and hoping for a very boring 9 months.  <3<3<3
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• I’m so sorry @ThompsonHM2! Take care of yourself and I hope to see you on another board soon ❤️
  • @ThompsonHM2 I’m so sorry (hugs)
  • I’m so sorry @ThompsonHM2 be kind to yourself ❤️
  • so sorry @ThompsonHM2. sending you creepy internet hugs
  • @ThompsonHM2 I'm so so sorry :heartbreak: 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • rissa06rissa06 member
    edited October 2018
    ThompsonHM2  I am so sorry
  • @ThompsonHM2 oh no! I am so sorry! :(
  • @ThompsonHM2 I am sorry. I will be thinking of you. 
  • *lurk
    Thompsonhm2, so sorry. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• edited October 2018
    @ThompsonHM2 , I'm so sorry. 
  • TW:  Loss mentioned

so it looks like we are onto our 4 m/c.  The bleeding has become heavy and it looks like that is it for me.  Wishing everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy... we are moving onto IVF now.
  • @rissa06 I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to take some time to yourself to heal. 
  • @rissa06 I am so sorry for your loss.
  • @rissa06 I'm really sorry to hear this.

I am also wondering if anyone is being prescribed progesterone for spotting. A good friend of mine in Europe has been prescribed progesterone injections as well as oral tabs, and ordered bed rest for two weeks. She was bleeding and cramping three days ago. Today she seems better - no cramping and only light spotting. It seems like here in the US they are not really willing to intervene like this too frequently...
  • harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited October 2018
    @rissa06 I'm really sorry to hear this.

I am also wondering if anyone is being prescribed progesterone for spotting. A good friend of mine in Europe has been prescribed progesterone injections as well as oral tabs, and ordered bed rest for two weeks. She was bleeding and cramping three days ago. Today she seems better - no cramping and only light spotting. It seems like here in the US they are not really willing to intervene like this too frequently...
    There are OTC progesterone options. I'm using Emerita Pro-gest and am feeling good so far. 

ETA: I'm so sorry @rissa06
  • @rissa06 I’m so sorry for your loss
  • @rissa06 I'm so sorry. The IF thread on TTGP is full of incredibly strong women who might be able to be of some support to you while go through IVF. Best of luck  <3
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @marijaa333 as @harrierwife mentioned they do prescribe progesterone here in the states, however I’m going to add my experience in here...and I’ll start by saying I encourage everyone to discuss their own personal experience with their doctor as everyBODY is different. 
    My first pregnancy I had low progesterone and was prescribed progesterone suppositories for the first 3 months, the pregnancy was successful. However, even on progesterone I still spotted the first trimester.
    2nd pregnancy I had extremely low (6) and again was prescribed progesterone, TW**the pregnancy ended in an ectopic **end TW after my surgery I talked to my OB and she said there is no conclusive studies that progesterone can prevent a MC. So where it may have helped my DD, it also may have delayed a natural MC with my loss.
    i had my progesterone rested this pregnancy and it was within the normal range, but I prob wouldn’t have taken the prog until after I saw a heartbeat, which is what my dr recommended after my loss. 

I hope this post doesn’t cause concern for anyone else and I’m not a medical professional but I always like to read stories on both sides. 
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 I agree. My OB said the same thing that it doesn’t necessarily prevent a miscarriage, but may prolong the process if it’s going to happen. 

I was on suppositories while pregnant with the twins after the first trimester to help prevent pre-term labor. (It didn’t work for me, my cervix didn’t want to behave under a multiples pregnancy). 

Studies have shown though that progesterone seems most helpful for women who have a shortened cervix in a Singleton pregnancy. 

I will be on progesterone, but not until after 12 weeks along with a cerclage. (But all three of my babies didn’t make it to term). 

• @rissa06 I am so sorry for your loss 
  • @rissa06 I'm really sorry to hear this. Sending you all of the creepy internet hugs. 

I also was prescribed progesterone suppositories for my last pregnancy. *TW unfortunately it ended in a MC* today at my appointment they retested me to see where my levels are. 
  • @rissa06 I’m so sorry for your loss. 
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 thanks for sharing your experience, that's very useful. I have read that too but it still seems like there is more potential benefit than risk with progesterone...
  • My RE prescribes progesterone to me regardless each time since I have had a m/c in the past.  They said it won't hurt and could help, so I have been on it since 3 DPO.
  • @rissa06 so sorry for your loss. 

I too have been/am on progesterone. My RE prescribes them regardless for the first trimester. They don’t prevent a mc but they can help keeping the endometrian lining. 
  • I’m due June 14th but I pretty much convinced myself I was having a CP. I started bleeding last Monday constantly. I had bloodwork on Thursday and then again the following Monday (1week of bleeding) and my HCG went up for 48 to 336. Has anyone else bled like this during their pregnancy and everything was ok? I’m getting more bloodwork again tomorrow to double check. The doctor said he was encouraged that the numbers went up so much. 
  • harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited October 2018
    I’m due June 14th but I pretty much convinced myself I was having a CP. I started bleeding last Monday constantly. I had bloodwork on Thursday and then again the following Monday (1week of bleeding) and my HCG went up for 48 to 336. Has anyone else bled like this during their pregnancy and everything was ok? I’m getting more bloodwork again tomorrow to double check. The doctor said he was encouraged that the numbers went up so much. 
    My cousin did. She was bleeding was so badly that she went to the ER at 6 weeks. I can't tell you what's going on with your body - only your doctor can, obviously - but there is hope. 

FX for you. 
  • For those of you on progesterone, do you know if the test is standard or only given to those with a history of losses or threatened MC? Should I request it?
  • @marijaa333 I was never tested with my first pregnancy. *TW I was tested last time due to threatened mc and this time due to history of MC**
  • @marijaa333 with my first pregnancy I had spotting around 4 weeks so they went ahead and tested me for it with a beta, I didn’t have to request it. With this pregnancy I requested it since it was low last time.
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018
    @dntstpbelieveing and @nmbrcrnchr1 thanks, good to know! I will ask when I go in...

One of my best friends is 11 weeks along and had cramping and bleeding this past weekend. She was nearly convinced she was miscarrying on Saturday night. They did an ultrasound, put her on progesterone injections (even before they could do a blood draw) and ordered bed rest for two weeks; the situation seems to be stabilizing. However, she also has a history of low progesterone with both carrying her son and a pregnancy that ended in a MC.
  • My husband and I had sex tonight and immediately after I had cramps. Had a shower and there's been a lot of blood since. Like through the panty liner and the pants and all over the couch.. really worried and my dr can't see me until Friday. Cramping stopped as soon as the bleeding started. Google says it can be normal and ok but on first pregnancy, this is totally freaky. Is anyone else going through this? Please send happy thoughts/prayers. 😥
  • I know cramping/bleeding after sex can be normal in first tri. However I believe the rule of thumb is if you are going through a pad in less than an hour you should be seen. Did you call your dr after you started bleeding to see if they could get you in before Friday? Sorry, will be thinking about you.