May 2019 Moms
Options

Favorite Names Thread

Re: Favorite Names Thread

• Options
    @thebobloblaw I have a friend that had a baby girl named Charlie (not short for anything)!  One of my top names (Stella) also got vetoed by my DH.  DH and I have tabled all name discussion for now, I'm pretty sure we're going to end up at delivery without a name.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Wait, what?? And she was being serious?! Sorry Mom, but you already got to name your baby/babies.. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need to hear more deets on @DuchessOfCambridge 's mom, like is she truly the entertaining kind of cuckoo, or was this just a silly joke, or what, I need the tea. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge wow. The nerve. Like they haven't already gotten to name their own kids. 🙄 My mom makes suggestions but I would laugh in her face if she ever asked to name our baby. 
    Same, MIL loves making suggestions. Even after we told her we were set with the names for both DDs. 🤦‍♀️ I wouldn’t even answer if she asked us that. 
  • Options
    @sleepy33 she was being serious and she had a name in mind. Culturally, it's not uncommon. My grandfather named my brother and my mom had no say in it. It doesn't work like that for me, though, and as soon as I said no she backed off. She will definitely keep giving suggestions though :lol:
    Ohhh, I gotcha. Ok, well for your sake, I'm glad it's a cultural thing and not an overbearing mommy thing, even though my drama llama is unsatisfied haha.  :D

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 drama llama :lol::lol::lol: my mom and I have our differences but we get along pretty well now. My parents DID NOT like DS's name and actually asked me to change it. We didn't tell anyone the name until he was born because no opinions necessary, thanks. When she asked me that I responded with "I just had a csection I did not want or think I was going to have and my baby is in the NICU, I DON'T CARE". They didn't bring up his name again but this time around they're like "can you pick a GOOD name this time?" The kicker is DS's name is from a website she sent me that she asked me to look around on!

• Options
    Oooohhh ok the can you pick a good name thing would make me roll my eyes so far they'd disappear @DuchessOfCambridge

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I like Connor, Charlie (Charles), Wesley, Thomas, William, Ella, Evelyn, Emily, Lily, Emma, Oliver. 

But my husband is only into the boy names. Lol
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge What a nerve!! Pick a good name? Please. We also waited to tell people DD’s name until after she was here (partially bc we didn’t know it, partially bc ppl are annoying). I assumed people wouldn’t make comments once the name is already decided, but I guess your mom proved me wrong lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 drama llama :lol::lol::lol: my mom and I have our differences but we get along pretty well now. My parents DID NOT like DS's name and actually asked me to change it. We didn't tell anyone the name until he was born because no opinions necessary, thanks. When she asked me that I responded with "I just had a csection I did not want or think I was going to have and my baby is in the NICU, I DON'T CARE". They didn't bring up his name again but this time around they're like "can you pick a GOOD name this time?" The kicker is DS's name is from a website she sent me that she asked me to look around on!
    Wow.  I can't  believe your mom said that. Thats so rude!
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge we also didn't share names. I did tell our boy names after the fact (we were team green and had a girl) but I don't think I like them anymore so it's all square one. MIL loves DD's name but hates the nickname which was kind of the whole point - I only looked at one syllable names or nicknames as it sounds better with our last name.It actually really helped limit the pool

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @journey721 I love Thomas (DS’ name)! I’ve thought about William/Liam since it was my great grandfather’s name. He’s actually the only grandfather I met. My parents’ fathers passed away before I was born, so that would be special to me. I love Emma, and Evelyn (nn: Evie) is growing on me too. My first cousins on my dad’s side have an Ava and Ella, so those are both out.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You know no one suggests names to me. 

I'm seriously wondering why now.  Maybe because I'm an asshole?

The only time someone ever did was with my daughter when i was 16. My mom insisted i name the baby no matter the sex Ricky. 

She even tried to threaten me that since I was a minor she would just go change my babies name against my will.  Which isn't legal to do. 

• Options
    @psychobutthead I've never had anyone try to touch my belly and I've wondered in the past if I just look like a bitch or something and people are afraid of me 😂 and ricky is terrible. I can't believe she said that crap. 
  • Options
    @psychobutthead I've never had anyone try to touch my belly and I've wondered in the past if I just look like a bitch or something and people are afraid of me 😂 and ricky is terrible. I can't believe she said that crap. 
    Yeah my mom is just a bitch. She would threaten all kinds of things. She threatened to go file charges of rape against my daughters dad. Even though I got pregnant when he was a minor too and she wasn't born until  2 months after he turned 18. She actually tried and they told her age of consent is 15 and that she couldn't do anything. Being a teen mom was the worst time of my life. Not even because I had a baby but because my mother was so abusive.

Yeah no one has ever tried to touch me either. I think I must have wicked resting bitch face.

• Options
    @psychobutthead I can't even imagine. She sounds terrible. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge the "good name" thing has me glaring daggers. I would totally have said "I picked a good name last time, so I don't see why that would be any problem" and then stare down my mom waiting for her to try, but I tend to be kind-of a B to my mom... I'm sure I will suffer for it when my kiddos are teenagers.

@psychobutthead I'm sorry your mom was terrible. Here, I'll be that obnoxious person and suggest some names for you! I love these names, but they won't work with names in our family: Boy: Alden, Francis, Leo Girl: Beatrice, Ramona, Sutton

Also, despite definitely having an overly-nice face, only one person ever touched my belly without asking... my middle-aged, male coworker. I was really shocked, and he was walking past me when he did it, so it was like a drive-by belly pat, but still uncomfortable. I think no other people did it cause I'm overweight and nobody wanted to risk that it might not really be a baby, but either way, I'm very happy not being touched.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge the "good name" thing has me glaring daggers. I would totally have said "I picked a good name last time, so I don't see why that would be any problem" and then stare down my mom waiting for her to try, but I tend to be kind-of a B to my mom... I'm sure I will suffer for it when my kiddos are teenagers.

@psychobutthead I'm sorry your mom was terrible. Here, I'll be that obnoxious person and suggest some names for you! I love these names, but they won't work with names in our family: Boy: Alden, Francis, Leo Girl: Beatrice, Ramona, Sutton

Also, despite definitely having an overly-nice face, only one person ever touched my belly without asking... my middle-aged, male coworker. I was really shocked, and he was walking past me when he did it, so it was like a drive-by belly pat, but still uncomfortable. I think no other people did it cause I'm overweight and nobody wanted to risk that it might not really be a baby, but either way, I'm very happy not being touched.
    Maybe thats why no one touched me with my son because I was over weight with him too.

You know sutton has been a very popular girls name lately.  And i feel like leo would be a cute name if its zodiac sign was a leo.  But I always wanted a girl born on a. wednesday so I could name her that 😂 

• Options
    My 1st boy is Luca Brian, this one I'm thinking Amelia Iris or Elliot Robert so far. 
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds I love your girl name suggestions. My grandpas name is Ramon, and It would be so cool to name after him. I also loved the Ramona books growing up lol. 
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds I briefly considered Francis for a middle name because it was my grandfather's middle name. But he named his cat Francis and that cat was fucking evil 😂 overweight af. Like 50 pounds of fury. He hated everyone except my grandfather. Which was fitting because my grandfather was grumpy af too. Stupid cat lived for almost 20 years hating everyone. 
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds Beatrice is my pick for a girl. ❤️ My great aunt’s name is Beatrice and she is just the most amazing woman. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Maybe thats why no one touched me with my son because I was over weight with him too.

You know sutton has been a very popular girls name lately.  And i feel like leo would be a cute name if its zodiac sign was a leo.  But I always wanted a girl born on a. wednesday so I could name her that 😂 
    Wednesday is cute, like the Addams Family! (I'm now wondering if kids these days even know of the Addams family...) I like "September" as a name too, but I feel like it would be kind of weird to name a kid that if they weren't born then.
    kids with flags
  • Options

Wednesday is cute, like the Addams Family! (I'm now wondering if kids these days even know of the Addams family...) I like "September" as a name too, but I feel like it would be kind of weird to name a kid that if they weren't born then.
    I like the bame June for a girl but i think its weird when they aren't born then. Someone in my last bmb group named their daughter june and we all where due february. 

• Options
    My husband and I actually considered May for a name. But I prefer it spelled Mae. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Yes! I’ve thought about using Mae too! My grandfather was Robert May, so I’ve thought of doing Caroline Mae if we have a girl. 
  • Options
    @megsb615 that's beautiful! We thought about just Mae Lyn (Lyn is my middle name). But I'm not sure how I feel about it. 
  • Options
    Oh I like that! Names are so hard. I’d love to use my given middle name, Elizabeth (I dropped it and kept my maiden name as my middle name when I got married), but Caroline Elizabeth is quite the mouthful, and I’m pretty set on using Caroline after my Granny. Can you tell the feelings are super strong this baby’s a girl? 😂 I’ll be in trouble if it’s a boy because I’m struggling with boy names and have none. 😬 
  • Options
    @megsb615 we stopped talking boys names weeks ago. I don't think either one of us thinks we're having a boy so we've only brought up girl names. I had another boy baby dream last night lol. 
  • Options

I like the bame June for a girl but i think its weird when they aren't born then. Someone in my last bmb group named their daughter june and we all where due february. 
    June Carter was my #1 girl name pick last pregnancy (it sounded super cute w/ my last name at the time, June Carter Jacobs). But since then I had some drama with a June so it's right out the window. :)

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I always loved the name August for a boy, nickname Gus...DH has vetoed it the past two pregnancies so I don’t see this third one being any different lol
  • Options
    @megsb615 I kept my middle name AND added my maiden name as a second middle name so now my name is just really long  :D

• Options
    edited October 2018
    @psychobutthead June was first-runner-up for both my DDs. I did feel a little weird that neither of them was due in June. It's DD2's middle name because we didn't think we'd get another chance to use it.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Anyone else thinking about doing Jr for boy? 
    Before we I got pregnant we talked about it now I’m not so sure but my husbands keeps pushing it so I’m pretty sure that’s what we are going to go with. 

• Options
  • Options
    megsb615megsb615 member
    edited October 2018
    @DuchessOfCambridge Thats funny! Mine would be a mouthful if I had kept both too. Elizabeth is long as it is, and my maiden name is equally as long. 😂

@jwalters2019 Our DS is a Jr. 🙂 Before I was even pregnant, husband always said he  wanted to have a Jr. if we had a boy.  Lucky for him, I like his middle because I definitely did not want a Big/Little name game going on. So our son goes by his middle name. 

ETA: Congrats @mrsclark731! So exciting!
  • Options
    laeberge3laeberge3 member
    edited October 2018
    @psychobutthead  June is my #1 girl's name right now, and I actually was delighted to not be due in June but totally get where you're coming from. I also love Mae as a name, and have a cousin who had a boy named August (who actually was born in August).  Lots of love for the month names, here!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    @laeberge3 I actually agree with you, not a fan of naming kids after the month they were born but okay with months (April, June, May/Mae) as names - if that was what you were saying. My niece (DH and his older sister have a wide age gap) named her daughter Georgia and they live in Georgia. I'm just like...if you were in any other state it'd be fine but that's just weird to me.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker