May 2019 Moms
Options

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Options
    @mrskoz428 5th grade for me, I have also taught a 3/4 split grade before and loved that age, too! They keep me on my toes! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @boymama2030 I am in Northern IL so depending on where you are in Southern Wisconsin we may be close!
  • Options
    @boymama2030 hello, fellow Wisconsin mama! I’m in the La Crosse area but have family in the Janesville/Edgerton area!

@ska8471 5th grade is a super fun age! My 4th graders are new to my building (are elementary is K-3 with an intermediate school of 4-5) so it feels a lot like starting over! Are you just taking materinity leave from your due date until the end of the year? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Hello! It looks like i'm due May 6th! I'm a STM and my DD just turned 2 in August. Didn't expect this but so happy since I only just had my first period since pregnancy a couple months ago! haha. Excited!
  • Options
    @boymama2030 Also in southern Wisconsin. Holla!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hey mama bears,

I am in my mid 30s and I'm back cautiously after an ectopic (tube intact) this time last year. 

I have a 5 yr old boy

I work full time as a psychotherapist and consultant 

I'm from Ontario Canada

EDD May 20ish 2019

Would love to hear from other members who were treated with methotrexate and conceived. My symptoms are soooo different this time.

Wishing everyone all the best pregnancies and healthy babies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @boymama2030 I am in Northern IL so depending on where you are in Southern Wisconsin we may be close!
    I'm also in a northern IL suburb and I teach even more north. 
  • Options
    @MSU_Girl1202 yay! So glad to Hear it went well today!!!!
  • Options
    @MSU_Girl1202 Wow, that's an incredibly tough journey. So happy you're here - congratulations on seeing the heartbeat! That is huge!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MSU_Girl1202 I am so happy to hear this!! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @notsoblissylissy I am also a second time mom from July 2016 :)
  • Options
    mrskoz428 said:
    @ska8471 5th grade is a super fun age! My 4th graders are new to my building (are elementary is K-3 with an intermediate school of 4-5) so it feels a lot like starting over! Are you just taking materinity leave from your due date until the end of the year? 
    I am in Canada, so I can take up to 18 months (12 paid). I will likely be able to go off a couple weeks early with pay from work using sick days and be off from early May 2019 to September 2020. I considered doing the full 18 months but going back at the start of a school year makes the most sense. I'll see how I'm feeling later on, may want those extra months. 
  • Options
    @msb615 another Aug ‘16 mama here! Welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ska8471 maybe I need to move to Canada! I have to use my sick and personal days to get full pay during maternity leave and short term disability to get partial pay during the rest! I’m only taking my EDD-June 7 (end of the school year). 18 months sounds like a dream!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @bluesky24 Thank you! 
  • Options
    My daughter is also an Aug'16 baby :smile:
  • Options
    megsb615megsb615 member
    edited September 2018
    Don’t mind me.. I really don’t know how to bump. I’m not sure how to delete my comment, but apparently my username didn’t update. If somehow it does, megsb615 would be me. 
  • Options
    @msb615 - Fellow Georgian here! :)  I also have a toddler, but she was October 16.
  • Options
    @strickland8052 Yay! I was wondering if anyone from Georgia was in here! I don’t know about you, but I’m super excited not to go though the 3rd trimester in the summer!
  • Options
    ska8471 said:
    mrskoz428 said:
    I am in Canada, so I can take up to 18 months (12 paid). I will likely be able to go off a couple weeks early with pay from work using sick days and be off from early May 2019 to September 2020. I considered doing the full 18 months but going back at the start of a school year makes the most sense. I'll see how I'm feeling later on, may want those extra months. 

Do you get topped up by your board for the 12 months? I wonder how that works if you wanted to take the government 18 months at 33%. I'm new to working for a school board and think the legal mumbo jumbo in my union's collective agreement means I get topped up, but I have considered taking the 18 months because daycare is soooo much cheaper after 18 months.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    Hello—
    I’m new to the Bump so I dont know all the acronyms yet. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Had a miscarriage in July around 8 weeks.  Didn’t plan to get pregnant again this soon but God has a plan and I’ll trust it. I’m about 5 weeks now. Things are looking up. Having some morning sickness this go around i didnt have last time. My HCG >26,000 today but progesterone is low.  Trying vagina supplements?? I’ll take any advice. Thanks 
  • Options
    @strickland8052 I just noticed we’re due date buddies too! Assuming I also calculated my date right! 
  • Options
    @brichanelle Welcome! There's a PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) check in thread here (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12734229/pgal-check-in-week-of-9-12) where you might get more responses to your question as well as get to interact with some ladies going through the same thing.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I’m so glad to be here! This will be baby #1 for me. I’ve calculated my due date to be between May 19-20 (my positive OPK didn’t quite line up with my temp shift the way it usually does, making me think I may have ovulated earlier), so I’ll go with May 20 for now. It seems so far away!
  • Options
    @ska8471 Im so jealous of your maternity leave! 

• Options
    @thebobloblaw love your screen name!

• Options
    @ska8471 I’m incredibly jealous of your maternity leave. I would be in heaven! I feel like this LO is coming at the perfect time for a US teacher though. I plan to take off from baby-day through the end of the year and then the first month of the school year. That would be May 7th-ish through end of September - so, about 5 months. I will get the ball rolling for a sub for those first couple days of the next year, but I plan to be out until at least Sept. 30...if we can swing it, which I don’t think we will at the moment, I might try to go through October too. FX DH gets a massive raise in the next 9 months so we can stockpile some cash to take us through Halloween. I’d love a 6 month maternity leave.
  • Options
    MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited September 2018
    @mrskoz428 I’m super jealous of that as well. I have 25ish days accrued at the moment and another 11 of sick leave. Seriously hoping between that and the 17 days between PTO and sick leave that I get at the beginning of next school year will carry me through September comfortably. I used all my days accrued before on my maternity leave with DS when he was born in Dec2016. Thankful for summer break... FX!