MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/30-8/6)

• Options
    edited July 2018
    @okayestmom12 I very much approve that gif. Queer Eye is the best thing to happen on Netflix. I am not the kind to cry easily, but this show gave me all the feels. Plus, I live in Atlanta, and Antoni visited some of my favorite restaurants which basically confirmed to me that I am sophisticated AF (because obviously).
    I guess one night I was talking in my sleep to DH, and I was telling him that he needed to get dressed because the Fab Five was coming over and I didn't want him to embarrass me. I got really angry when he laughed and said to go back to sleep.

Anyone else finding it basically impossible to stay focused at work? So far today, I have found the world's longest lazy river (it's a shithole-looking place in Waco, TX), and have read all about the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan drama (nothing new on that front, it's just always fascinating to me). I have NOT completed my budget proposal for my department's student assistant spending, nor have I followed up on the emails that I received over the weekend.
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 focus is always a bit of a struggle for me but this whole pregnancy thing is taking it to a whole new level. I have a relatively long, tedious, complicated  thing to work on and where I usually like a good challenge to get a flow going, it's NOT working. It really doesn't help that I've been non-stop busy for a little over six weeks now (not the norm!) and I'm falling behind in the little things that can but shouldn't be neglected. Oh well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's how my life is right now, too. I always let the non-essentials slide when I get overwhelmed or stressed. This week, that took the form of dirty dishes overflowing and clean laundry still hanging out in baskets. It was like revisiting my college days.  :|
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    Yup, I definitely let non essentials slide these days... and usually otherwise too, actually. I never fold my clothes and the dishes always need to “soak”. Sometimes I wonder how I’ll be able to take care of a child if I can’t even keep a tidy house. Then I realize my mom didn’t keep the tidiest house ever either, and we did just fine! To be fair she had four kids, no husband (they divorced when I was young) and at one point she was both a student and had a full time job. We were always fed and happy. Who cares if there’s a little dust or crumbs.

In random news, someone at work brought in like six packets of cookies for everyone. I’m so happy I might cry.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @LuLiLaEv That sounds like a great incentive. That might have worked wonders for me with my older DD. The younger one is promising to be a lot easier, but I will tuck that away as a possible strategy for the future. 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 - That’s amazing sleep talking. How dare he embarrass you like that  :D
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    We are leaving Wednesday for a giant family trip to the mountains and I’m attempting to pack for myself, my DH, and 2 kids today. It’s not going well because I’m currently sitting on the couch eating Fig Newtons and watching Food Network Star. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @okayestmom12 that sounds like my ideal afternoon actually. My husband doesn't understand how I can watch food network as often as I do 
  • Options
    Same. I’m waiting for my daughter to finish watching her show so I can watch my recording of The Kitchen. 
  • Options
    We have a couple of people we’re super close with who still don’t know I’m pregnant (my FIL included!) and I’m starting to feel insanely anxious and guilty about this. I think I’d be pretty hurt if a close friend waited this long to tell me :( 
  • Options
    I have two kids and DH and I work at least 60 hours a week - our house is messy. I've given up any hope of having a perfect house.

I'm always distracted at work these days. Part of that is having to shut out way too much drama in other departments so I have to check out.

@okayestmom12 - Your "baby is the size of a tater tot" makes me want tater tots so bad. Like I might kill someone for them.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @megpants209 I'm in the same boat. I'm 13 weeks and we haven't even told our parents. I'm just not ready for some reason though.
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @bleucheeznwine & @megpants209, same. None of my siblings or close friends know either. They’re also in a different country, so I could technically go the entire pregnancy without them knowing. I won’t do that of course, but I don’t know how or when to tell.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @megpants209 - Close friends of ours told us early the first time and had an early MMC and waited to tell us (we were like the 5th and 6th people to know) the second time until 20 weeks. Personally, we both understood and weren't hurt by it FWIW.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I just realized over the weekend that my brother doesn't know yet. But he's kind of a dick, so I don't feel guilty about it. I'm sure my parents have told him already. Last time we talked he told me he didn't think I was mature enough to commit to marriage and that I hadn't "been through enough" in my life. Ooooooookay big brother.
  • Options
    My close friend didn’t tell me about the baby she’s due with next month until about 14 weeks, for same reason as @kayjay44’s friend. Also was not hurt by it. 
  • Options
    Ok thank goodness. I worry about hurting people’s feelings and sometimes go a little bit down the wormhole. It’s not because we don’t want to tell them, it just feels a bit strange because it would have been like “oh hey both of our pets are dying and our life is a hot mess but also we’re having a baby!” 
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited July 2018
    @BourbonBiscuits wow your brother does sound like a dick! 

We’ve only told people we would feel comfortable asking for support if we had a loss again. I’m not doing a bigger announcement till probably after the AS. 
  • Options
    @kayjay44 - now I feel bad that I ate tots for lunch.  :D

TTM here. Just took my first bump pic. Because at 10w, I look 20w. Da fuck?! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @kayjay44 - now I feel bad that I ate tots for lunch.  :D

TTM here. Just took my first bump pic. Because at 10w, I look 20w. Da fuck?! 
    My blump is legit. Third babies are no joke. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I wanted to troll so bad - I need to do something to keep my spirits up 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Dumb question: What's an AW thread? And where can I go to see all of their posts?
    Every morning, I open the app hoping to see a new post about worm or twins.
    Edit: Just saw the latest AW thread.
    Edit: Felt bad about being snarky so I removed my snarky comment about the AW thread just posted. :(
  • Options
    AW = attention whoring
  • Options
    If I wasn’t so damn tired and nauseous today, I’d seriously go and snark the hell out of that chick. I’m so over the knotties. 
  • Options
    She was a good sport about it. I would have suggested Sucks if she hadn’t been cool about it. 
  • Options
    Wait.. What? Brb! I have more reading to do!

Btw @BourbonBiscuits my brother is a dick, too. My Mom probably told him, but if not I could not care less if he ever meets this kid.
  • Options
    That soup looks great! I'm going to save that recipe for fall.

Also, I just definitely clogged the recipe thread with my burnt bagels. Sorry.  :D
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I didn't see your burnt bagels, I wasn't trying to call you out haha. I'm probably just being sensitive because I just snarked someone in the "middle name" thread and didn't want to misstep myself.
  • Options
    @bleucheeznwine I just thought it was funny, I was not offended in the least! Though I AM offended by the lingering smell of scorched cheese that's permeated my apartment...
    BTW after looking at your recipes, I spent some time looking at other instant pot things. I need to get one of those! They can double as a rice cooker!!!
  • Options
    I’m using it for just rice tonight. Speaking of dinner, I should probably get off my ass and start some charcoal...