February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/30-8/6)

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/30-8/6)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For all those who said they have not told they are pg, right there with you. We have not told any member of either of our families and I am 12 weeks and have had three scans already!

for @cmjenkies- I am so sorry you are feeling this way and there is no shame in reaching out for help. I have been in therapy on an off since the miscarriage I had before I had my son two years ago and am in regular therapy now. You are dealing with two of the biggest stressors in life together right now. That is a load!
  • Options
    I struggled bad with anxiety and PTSD when pregnant with DD and she’s fine. I was medicated with DS and my anxiety was under control. He’s also fine.

It’s actually cortisol levels you need to be worried about and even that, you’d have to have sky high insane levels that are beyond what anxiety/depression would cause. Like an adrenal gland problem is usually the cause of levels high enough to cause a problem. 

#science

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    grebretso said:
    Guys, forget about meditation AND medication. I don't know if any of you are aware of it, but you can totally cure depression really easily. This foolproof method works 100% of the time, and it's so simple I can't believe more people aren't doing it. Plus, it won't hurt your baby! All you need is worm. 
    When in doubt, the answer is worms. It’s always worms. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    This is even more crazy than Ramzi. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited August 2018
    Dreading work tomorrow because I have to clean out the fridge and it’s super gross. It’s the receptionist’s job, but the new receptionist doesn’t “feel comfortable” doing it due to her sensory sensitivity issues, so I have to. And yes, this is the same person who basically took two days off for a therapist appointment. Fucking millennials.

(Full disclosure: I am also a millennial.)
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso not fucking fair!  :s
  • Options
    @grebretso - I am always bitching about millennials despite being one - I’m an old lady in a 30 year old’s body. I guess I’m an old soul. 

Also, why did she take a job where that’s a responsibility if she can’t do it? That’s stupid. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Millenials suck (I too am an old soul in a millenial body).  Also @kayjay44 that eye lid theory gave me a real good chuckle. Wow. 
  • Options
    @grebretsoAs a millennial, it is the actions of a few that make us all look bad! It drives me insane.
    @hannahbananas11 First sour gummy worms are delicious and I had some sour gummies as a snack the other day when my family left me and napping DD alone at Hershey Park. Why can't they make the prenatal vitamin gummies sour as well :(

Also the whole sick leave thing in my office drives me bonkers, I wish I could use my sick leave when DD is up through the night because she is getting her molars, or when I am crapping my brains out (sorry TMI) because my digestive system is giving me a big FU during this pregnancy, but since I don't get any maternity leave and I plan on having 4 children, every hour of leave is so precious. So when I am acting manager and someone says they need to take sick leave because they have a hangover I get a little angry. 

• Options
    @grebretso that is bullshit. You should see if you can get another coworker (preferably male ha!) to clean it out. It’s probably mostly their crap anyway!
  • Options
    @cmjenkies- thanks for sharing more about your struggle. There are so many of us with anxiety and depression issues, including in pregnancy, and we should not be in the closet! Xoxo
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited August 2018
    kayjay44 said:
    @grebretso - I am always bitching about millennials despite being one - I’m an old lady in a 30 year old’s body. I guess I’m an old soul. 

Also, why did she take a job where that’s a responsibility if she can’t do it? That’s stupid. 
    Right?! All job positions have stuff you’d rather not do, but you still do it because it’s your job. No need to be a prissy princess. It’s also super selfish to offload something on someone else because you think it’s gross. Do you think it’ll be any less gross for the other person? I’m totally an old lady in a (almost) 30 year old’s body too. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @kayjay44 I’m very sorry to hear that, *hugs* to you. Being a survivor of suicide is especially hard. We just had the 13 year anniversary for my brother’s passing. The pain is always there but I can tell you it does get more bearable with time but I definitely understand dreading those milestones. <3
  • Options
    Trying to figure out if your kid has poop or peanut butter on his hands is a delicate calculus on the best of days, but on days like today it’s a job I leave to the dog. Sorry pupper. 
    I err on the side of caution and assume poop. Wipes for everyone!

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Well I think my toddler is gonna transition into a big boy bed. We’re repainting his crib so he slept in a pack n play for his nap yesterday. Last night he climbed out and ran over to his crib mattress on the floor. After about an hour of coaxing and snuggling, he fell asleep on the mattress and stayed in bed all night! He woke up about 7 this morning and ran right into our room and climbed in bed with us! Was NOT ready for him to be in a big boy bed, but I guess now is as good a time as any? 
  • Options
    Well I think my toddler is gonna transition into a big boy bed. We’re repainting his crib so he slept in a pack n play for his nap yesterday. Last night he climbed out and ran over to his crib mattress on the floor. After about an hour of coaxing and snuggling, he fell asleep on the mattress and stayed in bed all night! He woke up about 7 this morning and ran right into our room and climbed in bed with us! Was NOT ready for him to be in a big boy bed, but I guess now is as good a time as any? 
    We're going to be transitioning our 19m old to a bed next month and I'm nervous because she's such a great sleeper. I just want to give her plenty of time to get used to it before the baby comes. I also don't want her to think he's stealing her bed Haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    My two year old loves her crib so much, I’m in no hurry to switch her yet. We are moving next weekend so I think once we’re settled in the new place we may try it.. by Christmas time  :D