February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/30-8/6)

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/30-8/6)

• Options
    We are getting DD a big girl bed this weekend...which we've been saying every weekend for the past couple months  :D
  • Options
    @adough27 lemme know all your tips for surviving Hershey Park while pregnant. We are going with inlaws on Tuesday and
    1. I love my ILs but they drive me up a fucking wall
    2. Going to be the only one that can't ride anything
    3. Going to be the only one who can't eat chocolate without gagging or throwing up
    4. Have to work all night that night after being there all day

Needless to say I am less than excited about it. I really want to be there to share the experience with DD, she's so excited. Otherwise I'd gtfo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @notthecheat just find a comfy seat in Chocolate World, air conditioned and good people watching haha.
  • Options
    Also, my 3 year old is still in a crib and we have no immediate plans to change it. She loves it and sleeps well and has never tried to climb out. I feel kind of guilty she's still in one, but if it ain't broke...
  • Options
    We transitioned DD at 18 months. DS is still happy in his crib at 2. We’re thinking of switching them to bunkbeds in one room and will make a decision this fall. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @notthecheat, here's my attempt at helping you survive the day at Hershey Park: 
    1. You can ask for the accessibility ticket because you are expecting, I believe it saves you around $13 (accessibility ticket = $47, compared to the $60 adult ticket).
    2. There are many kid rides and some that are for kids ONLY. Therefore you can just stand/sit and watch LO enjoy the rides. I did the merry go round and sadly got dizzy, but there is the sleigh sitting option. There are some other little rides (like little trucks that go in a circle, the train, antique cars, the kissing tower, that are safe for you as well and join in the fun with LO).
    3. I would say go to the indoor show when you need a break, its 30 minutes in air conditioning. Also, there are several exhibits at the zoo that are indoors as well. 
    4. Also like @bleucheeznwine mentioned, Chocolate World is a great option to sit and stay cool.
    5. I was shocked at how many food options were offered (gyros, pretzels, kettle corn, etc) compared to your standard amusement park food, hopefully those all don't make you gag (I loved the soft pretzel, so good).
    6. I wouldn't worry about not riding anything, it gave me time to walk around and spend time with DD (maybe allow you time by yourself w/o the in-laws), and also allowed her to fall asleep in her stroller.
    7. Sunscreen and water, we went on a hot day and damn, there are parts of the park in shade, but the walking paths are not. 
  • Options
    @adough27 thanks so much! I haven't been in years.
  • Options
    Oh man. I just talked to my ex-coworker/kinda friend yesterday. I don’t know if anyone remembers me ranting about her, but long story short: her life is kind of a perpetual mess due to some very poor choices on her part that she blames everyone and everything else for. On top of that, she’s been pregnant twice this year (with two different guys) and sadly lost both pregnancies.

Well, turns out she’s pregnant again, and she’s exactly four weeks behind me. I’m conflicted because on one hand, I’m excited to actually know someone else in person who is going through the same as me, and our kids could potentially be friends! On the other hand though, she has a lot of stuff to deal with, and I know she’ll use me as a sounding board/dumping ground for all of her baggage and I have enough to deal with myself. She’ll probably even try to guilt me into lending her money (won’t happen, she already owes me from stuff she hasn’t paid back from over a year ago). I can deal with her in small doses, but she’s already all “yay we’ll do EVERYTHING TOGETHER!”.

Not sure what to do here, I don’t think I’m asking for advice, just needed to rant a little bit. Maybe having a kid will make her less prone to bad decision making? And she seems to be in a stable relationship with the dad again (he used to be her ex), and he has a good job, so maybe she’s not in financial trouble anymore. Although she just quit her job. Ugh what is even going on.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso - I know you're not really asking for advice, but I'd set boundaries now.

In my experience, a lot of people do buck up when they have kids, others don't. It's hard to say who will do what.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Big kid bed naps are TOUGH. He’s really struggling. He was such a great sleeper in his crib, and loves it. But he’s definitely a climber and just won’t stay contained. He tends to be super adaptable so I know he’ll get through this, but man this sucks. 
  • Options
    Thanks @kayjay44. I feel kinda bad talking about her so negatively, because she is a nice person and she’s done a lot for me too. For instance, when we were coworkers she picked me up for work every day because she didn’t like the thought of me taking the bus, and she didn’t even live close to me. She’s just exhausting to be around for long periods of time. I’ll keep my distance now and not initiate communication, I can handle talking to her and seeing her occasionally. Who knows, once our babies arrive we’ll probably be too busy with our own stuff anyway. And she lives a little further away now too.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits I completely forgot about naps! I want to transition DD before LO arrives (I was thinking around the Fall when she is hopefully potty trained) because she sleeps on a cot at daycare and has slept with me in our guest room and didn't fall off the bed. She does like her crib, but I think I like it more because its the one place I can put her and she can't get out. 

I am routing for you and I heard it could take a few days to catch on to the big bed, but you got this! 
  • Options
    @adough27 yeah it’s delicate - I definitely wanted to transition him before new baby got here, but wasn’t ready yet. It’s nice to be able to put him in his crib and know he’s trapped there lol. He’s the kind of kid who will grab my hand and bring me to his room when he’s tired, so this is a huge change for us! But we’ll get through it. I’ll report back with whatever ends up working for us!
  • Options
    @grebretso I totally remember your post about her. She sounded bananas. Hopefully she’ll get her act together for the baby’s sake and won’t be up your ass the whole pregnancy/newborn stage. I had a coworker/kinda friend who was pregnant at the same time as me with DS and she gave me the same “omg we’ll do everything together and have slumbies and braid each other’s hair and gossip!!!!!!!!!” And I wasn’t into it. But once the babies were born we literally never spoke because we were both so crazy getting used to everything. Hopefully it works out that way for you too!!
  • Options
    That was my district manager and me with DD, but instead it was always competition with her. She was a month ahead of me. I could absolutely not know something she didn’t know because it was her second and my first. I was an idiot for wanting to avoid an episiotomy. She worked more hours and longer into her pregnancy and had to mention it. Same after they were born, “had” to pump when I did to point out how much more she produced. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons that shit would drive me absolutely insane! WTF is with people?!

I’m pretty sure my MIL is now incapable of conversing with me unless it deals with the baby and it is REALLY getting under my skin. I get that she’s excited about her first grandkid but I think I’m still a person too? Or maybe I morphed into something else?
  • Options
    regarding toddlers in beds...I’m still trying with my 2.5 year old.  We accidentally fell in to co sleeping (mostly bc me and DH were exhausted and said fck it) and I DO love cosleeping with my son but he’s getting big, the bed is getting smaller, new baby coming etc etc 

I made his crib into the toddler bed but he doesn’t love it.  I’m thinking about going for a regular twin size bed with a real comfy mattress might coax him.

@grebretso  I’ve had somewhat of a similar experience before...just set boundaries and do only events/hang outs where you can easily escape lol.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 - we made a big deal out of becoming a big kid - getting a big kid bed and a big kid room. It helped tremendously.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    kayjay44 said:
    @danixbanani24 - we made a big deal out of becoming a big kid - getting a big kid bed and a big kid room. It helped tremendously.
    I think we made too big of a deal lol - he loves books, and we've been pointing out allllll the big boy beds that his favorite characters sleep in. Curious George definitely doesn't sleep in a crib. We did all this thinking we'd transition him to the toddler bed when we move in October, but it may have been premature. Only took a few days of that for him to climb out of the crib. UGH. Last night we read the Berenstein Bears' New Baby and he was fired up about the big kid bed part, but threw the book on the floor and ran away when the baby showed up. Really bodes well for February lol. 
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 that’s totally us. I think a comfortable mattress will help, because she’ll sleep in her own twin bed at my in laws and at my parents house, but just does not like her crib mattress.
  • Options
    @kayjay44 yeah I think the crib converted to bed wasn’t “big boy” enough and still too crib-like so I’m gonna hope for the best or get myself a California king hahaha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kayjay44 that sounds amazinggg
  • Options
    Thanks for the input on my friend situation, everyone! I agree with all of you, keeping distance and setting boundaries is the way to go. I'll count on the fact that we'll both be overwhelmed when babies arrive too. I know I will be...
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Hopped onto the July 2018 board to read birth stories. I will probably have labor dreams tonight, but I love all the stories. 
  • Options
    @wifemomme I've been stalking some of the boards ahead of us too, so many crazy stores. Two of the October 2018 babies are already born! They are so TINY and it's so scary, but it sounds like they're doing fine. Doesn't exactly make me feel more calm about things. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I’ve got a friend on August. She’s being induced on the 10th, sooooo close. 
  • Options
    @wifemomme @grebretso I LOVE reading the birth announcements. Such precious little nuggets. I'll probably be able to read birth stories as we get closer to February, but I'm not ready for that right now lol. I still practically break out in a cold sweat when I think about DS's birth, so I feel like I should only read easy birth stories at this point.
  • Options
    bww_0331 said:
    @megpants209 I feel the same way.  It seems like once I announce I'm pregnant thats all people focus on.  Hello, I'm still a person.  I'm me, not just pregnant me.  It drives me crazy.  TBH I just hate people talking to me about pregnancy in general because it's none of their business, but I hate losing my identity for 9 months.
    Exactly this. I hate just being a baby vessel. We've surpassed all of the milestones we said we'd wait for to start telling people, but we still haven't and I still don't want to.
  • Options
    @kayjay44 omg that made me laugh hysterically. She’s adorable and sassy as all get out. “We should name her already!” 
  • Options
    Hahahaha @kayjay44!! She’s hilarious! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @kayjay44 she is awesome, haha. So funny!
  • Options
    Awww she wants you to give her two sisters, like it’s so easy :D
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited August 2018
    Random rant for the day: My coworker - the one who took two days off for one therapy appointment and refused to clean the fridge cause it’s icky (even though it’s her job)- is at least three hours late for work today because she didn’t get enough sleep. DIDN’T GET ENOUGH SLEEP! Oh my god she is so fucking precious.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @kayjay44 your daughter is so adorable! And also an absolute powerhouse. That little girl isn’t gonna let nothing stand in her way. :heart: