February 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/30-8/6)

12346»

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/30-8/6)

• I'm jealous of y'all DTD. My libido is naturally low, and this first trimester has made it worse. I'm constantly anxious or pissed off and nauseated, which are the biggest turn-offs, but all the other symptoms don't help either. DH and I have DTD once since BFP. I thought maybe if I force myself to do it I'll end up enjoying it. BAD IDEA.
  • I also jealous of y’all’s libidos. DH is unusually interested and I am really just not feeling it. Feeling sick is just not sexy. 

For more weid clit stories, since giving birth vaginally I’ve had a much easier time orgasming. I also don’t remember any specific pain but that entire period is such a fog I’m sure it could have happened. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too @Omie_Wise. I actually enjoy sex more. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @jessier19 I have always hated them. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Speaking of hatred...I’m doing my 3 hr glucose screening at the moment. 
  • @madreofdragons oh no, that’s never fun. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oof that does not sound like fun @madreofdragons I hope the time goes by fast. Sending you all the good pass vibes!
  • It’s nice that 1. I can do it on a weekend. 2. There is NOBODY here. I’m all sprawled out on a couch.
  • Fuck I am sorry. I want to gag just thinking about doing the GTT. I’m hoping they let me do the one hour again since I’ve never been close to having it - the 3 hour from the get go is the standard here. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Ignorant FTM here - What exactly is the GTT? What do you have to do? 
  • grebretso said:
    Ignorant FTM here - What exactly is the GTT? What do you have to do? 
    Its to test for gestational diabetes. You drink this orange juice thing (tastes like a more syrupy orange pop, In canada at least thats what we get) and get your blood taken after an hour. For the three hour test your blood is taken every hour for the three hours. Its shitty. I failed my one hour with DD but passed the 3 hour. Its common to fail the one hour, at least what Ive heard. So many people say they fail then Do the 3 hour and they are fine. 
  • Thanks, @cali1710! I hate sweet drinks/soda so that sounds like the worst. I'm sorry you're having to do that right now @madreofdragons! Fingers crossed you'll pass! 
  • Fuck I am sorry. I want to gag just thinking about doing the GTT. I’m hoping they let me do the one hour again since I’ve never been close to having it - the 3 hour from the get go is the standard here. 

Im super nauseous today. DH put DS down for a nap and is taking DD swimming so I can rest quietly in bed. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Do you have to drink more orange goop for the 3 hr vs the 1 hr? I think I'd rather do the 3 hr from the get-go, if it's so common to fail the 1 hr one. I'd rather not have to do it twice.
  • I had lemon lime goop. Some places do 2 hours from the beginning vs 1 and 3 hours.  
  • I am totally in the minority here, but I didn’t mind the glucose goop. I got the orange kind (the nurses said that was the least gross) and I jut thought it tasted like super strong Gatorade. It was hard to get it all down because if I remember correctly I had like 5 minutes to chug it and I got full really quickly. But the taste didn’t bother me all that much? Probably helped that I took the test during an appointment so I didn’t have to sit around - I drank the drink, went to my appointment and then did the second blood draw at the end of the appointment. 
  • Same @BourbonBiscuits. My doctor sends it home with you the appointment prior and that way you can put it in the fridge and drink it when it’s nice and cold. I think it tastes fine. Not something I would drink on a regular basis but it’s not like I can’t drink it in the 5 min they give you. It’s nice too because then you don’t have to sit around the office for an hour. Just get your blood work done right when you walk in for your appointment. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits and @LuLiLaEv
    Me too. I was hungry and thirsty when I went in, so i had no complaints with the orange drink. Plus, they gave it to me cold!
  • I'm a proud supporter of the "plug your nose and chug the goop" club. I figure the faster I drink it the sooner it's gone. I get shaky with sugar so I literally sit there and shake for an hour. I wish we could drink it at home and then just come in for bloodwork!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • I have a horrible yeast infection...got one last time the first tri too. Already have an apt for Tues for genetic etc, so I'll call tmrw and tell them so they can know and let me know if it's going to impact anything. Ugh these suck!!! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I have a horrible yeast infection...got one last time the first tri too. Already have an apt for Tues for genetic etc, so I'll call tmrw and tell them so they can know and let me know if it's going to impact anything. Ugh these suck!!! 
    Noooooooo! I’ve had one in my entire life and it was miserable. I feel for you! GIF was me in 2003.
  • @smallbutmighty77 yup I’ve had three this pregnancy alone. The joys of hormones. 
  •  How snarky can I actually be before getting in trouble? I mean seriously?! Do gnats even have feelings??? 
    Rant over. 
  • @lzfrancisco I'm just waiting for my first warning now. Couldn't help myself. Pretty sure the white knight gnat is the same gnat as the original with a different account.
  • @grebretso i bet youre right!!
  • I already have one - let’s see how long I can last under this account  :D

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Either I got blocked or she deleted the thread. Someone screenshot the WKing if I got blockedx

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• She deleted it. I didn't even know you could delete threads, cowaaaards!

Also, totally the same gnat trying to defend herself by pretending to be a new gnat. I mean, she had already deleted the contents of her original post a while ago, so how would a knew gnat even know what she said to begin with? Weaksauce.
  • I'm confused because this is the old randoms haha. I think it got deleted. I just posted on the newer randoms about how much "hormones" annoys me.