Infertility
Options

August 2018 IVF

Re: August 2018 IVF

• Options
    @knottiee829c I was on OHSS med to cabergoline I think that's what it was called. It's gonna help. My E2 was at 3718 and I didn't have OHSS. Increase your salt intake start drinking a lot of gatorade and take colace or Miralax to prevent constipation. But that's good news you can trigger tonight, GL! Are you doing a fresh transfer, forgot if you're already said it, sorry 
  • Options

@babydust2507 yes I'm doing a fresh transfer, so retrieval is scheduled for Friday and transfer for Wednesday. nerve wracking

@lemondrop1976 the financial situation get complicated with this treatments I wish more insurance companies will cover that or at least help to cover the cost :(  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks lemondrop- so sorry to hear about your beta. Are you going to take a break or go into another cycle right away? Just try to stay positive. 

Knottie- are you doing the whole trigger with hcg or just half? They had me just do half and my e2 was a lot lower than yours. But they will monitor you so I wouldn’t worry too much. I never experienced the meds. 

Strom- I would love to have twins! What did you transfer? Blasts? I am on vacation till Saturday at a beach house so I been kinda busy. But I have been very worried because my embryos were not even blasts yet on my day 6 transfer. I have been doing a lot of googling about slow progressing embryos and didn’t sleep at all last night. I am used to taking something to help me sleep but I can’t now lol  I also had a problem with my messages cut off without emojis. I’m screenshooting this post! Lol

manders- your levels look great for day 5. I also took Lupron for 20 day this cycle! You are almost there! 

Fertilize- that’s funny! I also had lots of gas yesterday after transfer lol! But that’s great... now the hard part is waiting to see how they progress. Hoping you get as many as possible! 

waiting is hard! I stayed in bed rest the day of transfer but today I went to the Atlantic Ciry Airshow. I did a lot of research that says when you walk you get blood flowing that’s good for your uterus so I decided to go and not stay behind. I watched everyone go swimming in the ocean though. Which was hard because it was hot! 

• Options
    @nicole030985 I'm leaning to skipping this month and start late September for next cycle but not sure yet. I kinda want a break and maybe try something different like prepping myself better by exercising or something. 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 it looks like you're having fun! Good for you! Enjoy and relax! 
  • Options
    @knottiee829c that's so soon! How exciting!!! FX for you! 

@lemondrop1976 I am so sorry! Now I'm nervous for tomorrow. I'll either be joining the BFN group with you and @babydust2507 or having survivors guilt for getting pregnant. Infertility is stupid. 

@fertilizemeplease those are great numbers! Waiting on embryos is so stressful, good luck and stay busy! And yes LOTS of salt and Gatorade. I got OOHS and it's terrible! 
  • Options
    Dont be @stromette we need more good news in this group and it will help us stay positive! So please bring the good news tomorrow FX for you girl!
  • Options
    @nicole030985 my instructions say that I have to trigger with 1 and 1/2 vials so waisting half of one. I Think that’s 7500 units (not sure). I’ll keep the walking in mind for my tranfer, I had plans to become a couch potato after transfer. 

@babydust2507 thanks for the tip I’ll start on Gatorade now. 

We do need more good news to stay positive :) 
  • Options
    nicole030985nicole030985 member
    edited August 2018
    Lemondrop- I think skipping a month is very beneficial so you can try to get your body semi normal. 

Knottie- Are you triggering with hcg? 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 yes HCG (Novarel) I was also told to start Cabergoline tonight and Medrol, azithromycin, aspirin and progesterone on Sunday we go all go through so much with all this meds. Ughhh 
  • Options
    @stromette I wish you the best of luck tomorrow! I agree with @babydust2507, the more good news the better, it's what keeps us going!
  • Options
    That makes me feel better ladies! Still nervous, but I'll feel less guilty if it's positive. I want my husband home (he has Friday off) so I'm going in the afternoon  tomorrow so we'll either find out tomorrow evening or Friday. *deep breath* 
  • Options
    Update from my visit this AM: E2 is 1650. Still 27 follicles ranging from 11 mm- 16 mm. Only 1 at 16. LH and progesterone are low. I start my certrotide tmw morning and was warned about the redness and burning of this shot. Anyone have experience? 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    Manders- Sounds like awesome numbers! I had no problems with Centrotide at all. It didn’t burn at all for me or turn red. 
  • Options
    @manders85-2 , I didn't take centrotide sorry but what is it for? And your numbers look great!
  • Options
    Babydust- centrotide prevents you from ovulating early. I was on that with my first Ivf. 
  • Options
    @manders85-2 that's exciting! You're getting close! When is your retrieval tentatively scheduled for? 

I just did my first night of stims! They definitely weren't as bad as I thought, but I will be dreading that trigger needle! 
  • Options
    Oh ok, thank you @nicole030985 , so it's the same as Lupron?
    Good job on your 1st stim shots @mkr_0128!
  • Options
    @manders85-2 numbers are looking good. GL

@mkr_0128 by day 5 shots come naturally, I was scared of my trigger (because of the needle) but when they send me the trigger instructions I was told to do it on my belly with the little needle so that was a relieve (I triggered last night) 

i have to start Progesterone on Sunday which I’m not looking forward to, I’m so nervous to have my DH do it, not sure if I can do it my self :( 

• Options
    nicole030985nicole030985 member
    edited August 2018
    Babydust- it’s similar to Lupron but you have to be on Lupron longer. I only took centrotide my last 3 or 4 days in the am and this Ivf I was 20 days on Lupron shots! 

Mkr- it’s always feels great to finally be starting after waiting so long! Awesome! Just ice the spot before the trigger needle and you won’t even feel it. 

Knottie- That’s great! You are almost done! At least you are finally done with the stims now.  I haven’t had to do the progesterone shots. GL 

• Options
    @nicole030985 thanks for making me feel better about the centrotide! i hope it’s ok. 

My tentative retrieval date is 8/27- Tuesday. Earliest would be Monday they say. So far my follicles are growing as expected I get. Not too fast or slow. 

@knottie829c - you’re so close!!! Can’t wait to hear about your ER! It’s an exciting time to get all the info like # of eggs and # fertilized!! This is our first IVF and I’ve been loving all of the details. I imagine the two week or ten day wait is even harder after being so connected to the dr office during this whole process 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    I had to do my first stim shot in the main office at work (preschool) and the director asked me if I was going to pass out I was so scared, ha ha. I was terrified! But it was no big deal at all. In fact, I found I preferred to do it myself, it hurt less than when hubs did it. Trigger shot I was afraid to give myself and my husband was afraid to give it to me. I had my nurse friend give it to me and I had a total meltdown in her kitchen. I'm talking ugly crying on the floor in fetal position exclaiming "I changed my mind! I don't want to be a mom! I can't do this!..." she finally calmed me down, I laid over her comfy ottoman, distracted myself with a toy and she did it. Much ado about NOTHING! The needle looks scary, but you can't even feel it. Just make sure the rubbing alcohol is dried, otherwise it stings. I don't ice it ever and I can barely feel it. You got this! Good luck! 
  • Options
    I got my BETA today, but the results didn't make it to the RE before closing time. We just moved so it's in a didn't state and the lab has to fax it over. But that means we should know that much earlier tomorrow. In the mean time I'm just letting busy. Cookie dough and sushi date lined up for bad news, celebratory dinner date lined up for good news. 
  • Options
    @knottiee829c ah you're so lucky you got to do it that way! GL with the progesterone! My protocol says I'll be using the vaginal inserts lol, I wonder what the difference is? 

@nicole030985 I didn't even think about icing for that, I'll definitely be trying that, thanks! 

@manders85-2 what a relief to hear! I originally thought the only stressful part of the process would be the 2WW, never thought the follicle/egg fertilization process would be something to be following so closely! I'm glad to hear yours has gone smoothly :) 

@stromette haha! that makes me feel better! I don't mind needles at all at doctors appointments, but the thought of giving them to myself had me in a full sweat as I was mixing up the medicine and prepping everything! I'm relieved to hear good trigger experiences :) I'm having good thoughts only for you tonight!!! 
  • Options
    Praying for you @stromette!

• Options
    Big bunches of baby dust to you @stromette!! I'd be so frustrated if I couldn't get the BETA results the same day. You seem to be handling it in stride and it's such a good idea to make those plans just in case. I used to schedule massages the day of IUI beta results so i'd have something to look forward to. Needless to say, I had 3 massages to ease my sadness those three times.

@mkr_0128, I don't mind giving myself the shots at all. I do find it's easier than having someone do it for you since you control the moment and the plunging. The worst for me has been menopur so far. It does burn when it goes in but stops as soon as the meds are done and it's only 1ML. 

I had another appt with the Dr. today. It was a regroup visit to talk about progress thus far.... he thinks that I'll need 11 days of shots instead of 10 since my largest follicle is actually only 14 as of yesterday. He thinks tomorrow they'll be in the 16 range and then I'll trigger Monday. He said he was happy because they're all around the same size and growing at the same rate. I was hoping for a Tuesday ER since he'd be the one doing it but oh well. I'm just going to talk to those (now 29!!) follicles tonight to tell them to hurry up so we can do this thing on Tuesday! I'm already feeling so full and it's only day 8. 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Options
    WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!
    My HCG levels are 225, HCG with the twins was 552.
    I'll do another test tomorrow to make sure the numbers are doubling. 
    It's possible ladies! Don't give up hope! 

I had music class with my girls this morning so of course that's when I got the call. I booked it out of her house so fast, lol! I have a friend in that class that knew what the phone call was so it was nice to have her there to rejoice with as well my husband. 

• Options
    @manders85-2 the menopur definitely burns! I'm supposed to mix 3 viles up with my 1 mL, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be! 29 that's amazing! That sounds like good progress for day 8, my doctor said stim is usually 10-12 days long so it sounds like it would be worth the wait of an extra day or so if they get to the size range needed :) 

@stromette OMG CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so exciting and gives me so much hope! Did you have any symptoms in your wait?? We want details :) 

I'm sure all our protocols are a bit different... But I did BCP for about 4 weeks, just stopped them on the 20th, and started stims last night the 23rd. Obviously taking the BCP made me skip my period, and I'm now on cycle day 34. I asked the doctor if stopping them would bring on my period or spotting since it's been so long since I've gotten my period, and he said it may happen. Did anybody have some bleeding or spotting in between stopping pills and during their stims? The top of my one paper says you may experience spotting or a period and it's okay, but it still makes me nervous! It went from brownish (sorry) to being pink/light red today... 
  • Options
    Manders- Sounds like your right on track! You have a lot of follicles. The menopur does burn. I also found it easier doing myself. And after the shot my belly always burned a little so I just rubbed it. Day 8 is when you really start to feel the effects from the stims! 

Strom- That is such great news... congrats!!! We definitely want details! Any symptoms in the 2 WW? 

Mkr- I was also on birth control and haven’t had a period in a while! I did the birth control/Lupron overlap protocol. As soon as I stopped the birth control, I spotted for about 3 days and that’s it. 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 okay that makes me feel better. I started spotting a bit yesterday but it's definitely gotten more over the course of the day today. Of course I'm sure I'm over worrying, but I'll be anxious for my bloodwork checkup Sunday so I can find out
  • Options
     I wish I could remember my stim/bcp/ Lupron protocol, but it's been like 2 years since I did it. Sorry I'm no help there. 
    Thank you all for the support! I knew the bittersweet feeling of others getting pregnant all too well. 
    I had no symptoms. For all 4 IUIs I had really sore boobs and was positive I was pregnant every time, but I never was. Both times I've done IVF I've had no symptoms at all. The first time we did IVF I was positive I wasn't pregnant so I was shocked when they said I was. I felt nothing this time as well.
  • Options
    Congratulations @stromette!!!! Yes we want details!  Did you have any symptoms?
    @mkr_0128 mine was just spotting after i stopped BC and i was worried to so get it.
    @manders85-2 you're doing good, hang in there and FX for you!
  • Options
    @stromette  ohhh yours was a FET? 

@babydust2507 oh okay, I feel like mine is getting heavier then just spotting... I left a message for a nurse to ask about it and if I can use a tampon if need be lol, but we will see if I get a call back tomorrow before my Sunday appointment
  • Options
    @mkr_0128 they say some women have regular flow, so i don't think you should worry and i don't think using tampon would be a problem but it doesn't hurt to ask!
    @stromette that makes me feel so much better and i know it will be easier for my next try to know that you may not have symptoms and still be pregnant, and it won't drive me crazy! i know when we got pregnant naturally i didn't experienced any symptoms until week 6  I think
  • Options
    @mkr_0128 correct, my doctor is a freeze all clinic so they don't do fresh transfers.
    @babydust2507 that's right, no need to fret over no symptoms. In fact, it's my experience that no symptoms is better, but obviously everyone is different. What are your plans from here? Try again? Take a break? You got pregnant spontaneously, does that make you hopeful, knowing your body can get pregnant? 
    @knottiee829c you're the next one to find out right? I feel like we have some retrievals/ transfers coming up next week. Very exciting! FX for everyone! 
  • Options
    CONGRATS @stromette

@mkr_0128 I got my period (full period) when I stopped the birth control pills. They said it was ok if I did. I asked about the inserts but my RE said she thinks we get better results with the shoots, I trust she knows better and I’m just doing to deal with it. 

My retrieval was yesterday. 16 retrieved. 11 matured. 9 fertilized. :) so ready for transfer on Wednesday. 

• Options
    Knot- Those are great numbers! Similar to mine. I had 16 retrieved also and 10 fertilized. Now is the hard part which is waiting. 

I am 4dpt now and the wait is really getting to me! I started POAS this morning, which I knew would be negative this early. I know the trigger shot is out of my system now. My beta is not until Wednesday but I have to wait until Thursday to get the results because they have two offices and the one close to me don’t check blood. I have felt a little crampy up until last night. Had a couple of twinges in my side today. Other than that, feeling pretty good. Time to start work Monday after having the summer off. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the input @babydust2507 and @knottiee829c! Mine has moved on to a full period now, so I'm hoping it doesn't last more than a few days or affect my day 6 ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday. 

That's an awesome fertilization report! Wednesday will be here before you know it :)

@nicole030985 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Maybe starting work will make your last few days of waiting go quicker! Are you a teacher that you had the summer off? 
  • Options
    Mkr- I am a middle school special education teacher. I will definitely be busy with in-services, setting up my class, lesson plans, setting us schedules, etc... I had to get my mother-in-law help me carry my stuff from my basement to my class because Im not allowed to lift anything heavy. Guess I will just get the essentials for now. 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 ahh okay, I'm a speech pathologist and have been working in elementary schools since I graduated 3 years ago :) good luck with back to school! I know how hectic the first couple weeks can get until things settle down!