Infertility
Options

August 2018 IVF

Re: August 2018 IVF

• Options
    that's awesome @nicole030985! FX and praying that good news keep coming your way! and yes they gave me a pain medicine, but I forgot the  name but don't think it's the same one you got 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I can’t remember how many they counted, maybe like 16 total? He told me that he wanted me to come in again to see when I needed to start Certrotide.  I started it last night. Honestly, the meds make me so damn flighty I can’t concentrate at all.  It is HOT here, I just crawled in bed with my iPad and my husband was like “ do you wanna go for a walk or something?”  Dammit DH! Stop judging me! 

Editing to add add in my lab info from yesterday.  I just counted and yesterday was day 5, I go in tomorrow for day 7 lab.  I have no idea if these numbers are good or not. I need to read up!

Day 5 Results

Estradiol: 504.0 pg/mL

LH: 1.9 mIU/m

Left ovary: 14mm, 10mm, 6mm, 6mm, 12mm, 6mm, 10mm

Right ovary: 12mm, 11mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 10mm, 12mm

Endo thickness: 8.07

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those are excellent numbers to me @fertilizemeplease ! I know I'm not a doctor but if your lead follicles are at 14 mm already and they grow without med 2mm/day and your E2 is not that high which is it's pretty good and mean you will not at high risk for OHSS and you should be ready by D8 and your lining is ready! . Good job! Keep us posted !
  • Options
    @babydust2507 How are you feeling, any symptoms etc? I just want to compare notes.
  • Options
    Those numbers look great for day 5! Your body seems to be responding nicely to the meds. It’s nice that all the follicles look like they are growing around the same size and together. Your half way there! Don’t do too much researching because it will drive you crazy! I did that my first IVF but this time I’m nice and laid back and I think that helps a lot. Time seems to be going faster and the process smoother. 
  • Options
    Hi @lemondrop1976! was thinking of writing you today to ask the same thing! hahaha. Not really just light cramping here and there but I don't think it's related to the transfer. I kinda feel normal to be honest with you and it's driving me crazy!!!!! what about you? and when are you gonna test?
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    this is my first time doing an IVF cycle and I just joined The Bump so pretty new here but glad to see how much information is available via others going through the same thing. I've been on Gonal-F (300), Menopur (150), HGH (25) and Leuprolide (10 - twice a day). I had an appointment this morning and I'm not sure if this is good or not. nurse said the were thinking on retrieval next Wednesday but she said it might not be until Friday. It seems like my follicles are small I have 1-4mm, 4-5mm, 2-6mm, 6-7mm, 2-8mm, 4-9mm. I just got a message my Monday appointment got pushed to Tuesday and they are keeping my meds the same, is this normal or should I be worried about it? since this is my first time I'm just not sure what to expect. thank you
  • Options
    It seems like we are in about the same part of the cycle, this is my first time doing IVF too so I'm still learning the terms and the right questions to ask. good luck with your cycle :) 
  • Options
    Welcome to the group @knottiee829c1fcd5d984ff! How long have you been on stims? I don't think you should worry, they are the expert and I think they want your follicles to be big enough before retrieval and don't want you to pay for to many RE visits if they do not expect you to be ready by Wednesday 
  • Options
    thank you for the reply @babydust2507 I've been on the same meds for 5 days, I also got back my blood work and I have E-537.9 and P.26 (also not sure if that's good). is a little frustrating when nurses can't give you more information they keep everything very quiet and it makes it very stressful :(  
  • Options
    @knottiee829c1fcd5d984ff I don't think your estrogen level is bad, mine on D5 was just 100 more it was 642, like I said I just think they want you on stims more than their first estimate, nothing to be worried about. GL and keep us posted! 
  • Options
    thank you @babydust2507 that gives me some peace of mind :) 

has anyone experienced bad side effects on the meds? I fainted while shooting my Menopur dose on Tuesday (it was only my third time doing it) and it burns very bad when I do it. I called my RE and they said that most likely I was too nervous I haven't been able to find fainting as a side effect but wanted to see if anyone experienced something similar.
  • Options
    I have @knottiee829c1fcd5d984ff! I think it was D6 or D7 I couldn't even finish the injection. I laid down and ask my DH to finish and yes it burns! 
  • Options
    @babydust2507 Same symptoms and thoughts here, nothing but little cramping every now and then..same as I felt last cycle. UGH so frustrating, I just want to wake up puking my brains out or something so I can feel more hope lol.
  • Options
    @knottiee829c1fcd5d984ff I did not pass out from them but cringed everytime because of the burn, not fun. Hopefully your RE won't put you on Lovenox after a transfer, it's a blood thinner shot who's burn knows no fury lol. All worth it in the end. GL with everything!
  • Options
    @lemondrop1976 I believe I’ll be on progesteron in Oil they said I’ll be on that after transfer. So scared of those big needles not sure how I’m going to do it yet :(
  • Options
    @knottiee829c I'm also on POI shots and suppositories. I'm the biggest baby ever and frightened of needles my whole life so if I can do this trust me, you can too! After awhile it's crazy what you can build tolerances to when you are determined enough;)
  • Options
    Hi everyone, i finally started my stims today. 150 of menopur and 150 of Gonal-F with dexamethersone in the evening (pill). my nurse gave me a great tip that really helped with the menopur burn tonight, she had me use an ice pack on the injection spot for like 20 mins before the shot. It numbed me right up which dulled the sensation. I’m going to do that every morning now with the menopur! I’m so glad I have this group to touch base with! This is my first round of IVF and my husband draws up the meds while I give myself the injections since he hates needles. It’s a good system! Who else just started stims? It seems like everyone is a bit ahead of me!
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    Knot- My follicles were very small too at day 5 and my e2 was only like a 290. You will be amazed how fast they grow and start showing up! Day 8 is when I really started to see them grow well. As for the menopur burning, I found that after I mix it, I let it sit in the syringe for about 10 minutes and that really helped me. I didn’t really start feeling the side effects until about day 8. Very sore and bloated. Just make sure you take it easy and don’t lift anything heavy and twist your body because that’s when the follicles really start to grow. Your progesterone looks great because you want it to stay low. I was also on Lupron for 20 days but only 10 units in the morning. The first 6 days I was on just gonal-f 375 and Lupron. They added menopur on day 7 and I stimmed for 11 days. You definitely want your follicles to be larger so they are more likely to be mature. I think my first Ivf they triggered me too early. The first Ivf is always the hardest because everything is new but if you have any questions this is a great forum to ask them. I found it very helpful throughout the entire process because it’s nice to know your not alone. I had my egg retrieval Wednesday and they are calling me tomorrow with a day 3 update to see if I can do a day 5 transfer. Last time I lost a lot of my embryos and had none to freeze. But right now I have 10 embryos so we will see how many I have tomorrow morning. Good luck!
  • Options
    Lemon drop and baby dust - you guys are getting so close! I’m praying you both will get you BFP! I’m just on the progesterone suppositories and 200 mg three times a day. I hope that’s enough. Those injections don’t sound too fun!

Manders- so happy you got to start your meds now! Same thing with the menopur let it sit in the syringe for 10 minutes then inject it. It helped me a lot! I definitely had to numb the spot for the big old hcg injection needle! I used to be afraid of needles lol. My husband did them all for my the first Ivf but I did all my own this time except the hcg trigger! Good luck! 

• Options
    @nicole030985 I’ll pray to get good news on your embryos you are one step closer, keep us posted.
    Thanks for all the advice everyone I will definitely try some of that with my Menopur shoot. They nurse said she can prescribe me shin numbing patches for the progesterone not sure if that’s necessary or just try to ice it. 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 FX you get a good reports on your 10 embies! GL with Stims @manders85-2, that's exciting! @knottiee829c I use ice only and it works fine but hey if you can get those numbing patches go for it! Because those needles are not fun and I feel like after awhile your skin gets tired and sensitive. I especially felt that with the stims.
  • Options
    The doctor called this morning and all 10 of my embryos are still growing nicely! There is just one that’s a little slow. I am going to do a 5 day transfer on Monday at noon. Praying they keep growing nicely and most make it to transfer and freeze!
  • Options
    Great news @nicole030985! That's awesome! Praying that they're all make it to freeze and you get to transfer a good quality/healthy  embryo!

• Options
    Woohoo! just two days until your transfer, @nicole030985! that's great news! 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    @nicole030985 that’s great news, I’ll keep you in my prayers for a good transfer. Good luck 
  • Options
    New to the group. 2 years ago we transferred 2 embryos and got our sweet twin girls. We're hoping for 1 this time and so we only transferred 1.
  • Options
    that's a sweet story @stromette! thanks for sharing with us. Welcome to the group! and when was your transfer day?
    happy transfer day @nicole030985! praying that everything goes well for you today, keep us posted!
  • Options
    ayush7ayush7 member
    edited August 2018
    Good luck to all!! 
  • Options

I got some upsetting news from the doctor this morning. Today was supposed to be my 5 day transfer. It got pushed to tomorrow day 6. Out of 10 embryos, 5 of them arrested, 1 is a morula and 4 are at the stage before morula. So they are all growing slowly. I am so upset, I cried all morning because now Im worried I will have nothing to transfer tomorrow. I read day 6 isnt as successful. I dont even know what to think. I have to wait for the phone call tomorrow morning. I just wish I can sleep all day until tomorrow. Anyone had any experience with this? 
  • Options
    Lurking.  @nicole030985 I just read that transferring a morula on day 5 still has reasonable pregnancy rates... could you push for that?
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @nicole030985 :( I know it can be hard to keep waiting, especially when you're so close! You never know though what can happen, so keep positive thoughts and try to relax so your body can be ready!

I'm in the same waiting game- I had my baseline today with blood and ultrasound. While the doctor said "everything looks good" afterwards, they upped my predicted dose of Menopur based on my ultrasound. He didn't tell me how many follicles he saw, or the size of my ovaries. I heard them say some numbers when I was laying there, but I'm not sure what exactly they were referring to. I asked the one nurse if they could tell me how many follicles they saw and she said they usually do, or maybe they're just "too small". I asked if that was normal and she said "it can be sometimes." I Googled, which only led to seeing upsetting things. I left a voice mail for a nurse to ask about my results, and am waiting on a call back. I start stims on Thursday and don't go back for an ultrasound until 8/28. I'm already so stressed I can't make it that long until I know if I'm already at a disadvantage :( 
  • Options
    Probably not... I transferred 2 morulas last IVF and negative. I’m just praying that at least 1 grows. 
  • Options
    Menopur burned for me at first but then I made sure to get the air bubble out of the top before hand.  I’ve just been really tired, very gassy and bloated. Are your injections getting easier?
  • Options
    @mkr_0128
    You haven’t started Stims yet? This is my first rodeo but I don’t think that my doc showed me any follicles during my baseline because they were too small and Not many of them.  That’s what the injections are for! “Follicle stimulating hormones”.  After a week of injections I have several and they’re finally big enough to retrieve tomorrow. 

And it’s also early in your cycle, you’re good girl!!!
  • Options
    @nicole030985 I don’t know what a morola is but will you be able to freeze the other embryos that are growing slow?  
  • Options
    @fertilizemeplease that's good to hear and makes me feel a little better! Good luck with your retrieval tomorrow :) one lady started talking to me while we were waiting about the doctors telling how many follicles and her diminished ovarian reserve, put worries in my head! I'm excited to start stims and get this show on the road finally! 
  • Options
    @mkr_0128, that's upsetting that they wouldn't give you a straight answer, but if he said "everything looks good" I'd cling to that and hope for the best. 
    @nicole030985, I don't know what a morula is, but I'm hoping for a successful transfer tomorrow! Waiting and not knowing even 24 hours in advance what to expect is sooo stressful, I'm sorry you're going through this! 
    @babydust2507 our transfer was August 13th, we'll find out of it worked on the 24th
  • Options
    @stromette yea I was kinda annoyed with them, I also don't know what questions to be asking since it's my first time so it's hard! 

The 24th is so soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! 
  • Options
    @stromette praying for good news on the 24th!!!!