Infertility
Options

August 2018 IVF

Re: August 2018 IVF

• Options
    @stromette ya’ll transferred two? I didn’t realize people did that?  
  • Options
    @nicole030985 I am so sorry to hear that! praying that they will grow to blast by tomorrow and if they don't i have heard success stories on morula trying to keep the positive attitude I know it's hard and that could be your miracle baby. praying or you girl!
    @mkr_0128 on baseline they will not know the exact number of your follicles what you heard was probably an estimate and they don't focus on that yet only after stim because those are too small. GL !
    @fertilizemeplease, sorry to tell you that but my stim shots didn't get any better but stay strong girlfriend you'll be done before you even know it!
    @stromette you're really close to me and @lemondrop1976! our beta is on the 22nd. So did you do a FET this time? are you gonna take a home pregnancy test before? I did a fresh transfer and because of the HCG trigger can't test 14 prior trigger so I was thinking on testing tomorrow before my BETA because I don't think I can take the wait on the nurse phone call, I will probably have a heart attack! lol but at the same time I'm so scared of testing! scared to see a BFN (please not again). My DH was pushing me to take the test thinking about it makes my heart racing! ugh! I guess i will have my answer tomorrow. Pray for me and GL to you all ladies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nicole030985 I’ll pray for a successful transfer tomorrow. Stay positive I know is hard but we have to believe. 

@babydust2507 I don’t know how you do it (not testing at home) I’ll be so desperate to know. Good luck

@mkr_0128 this is my first time too and yes is very frustrating when it seems like they don’t want to share all the information available :( 

I have a follow up appointment tomorrow they will let me know if I’m ready to trigger. I’ve been on stims for 9 days. One step closer. 
  • Options
    Thank you @knottiee829c and GL on your appt tomorrow !
  • Options
    @babydust2507  thank you! I feel better hearing that it's okay for them to be small or not getting a follicle report. I was so upset this morning after my appointment but I want to stay positive heading into the next few weeks! Ahh tomorrow! I can't believe some of you ladies test dates are coming up, I'm praying for you! I think taking a test will be less stressful on your body too than just waiting around to get a phone call. Try to get some good rest tonight!

@knottiee829c yes! I'll be asking more questions at my next appointment...I hope you're getting close to trigger! 
  • Options
    Doctor called. I have one captivating morula and a regular one. They are transferring both at 1:30. Praying this is it!
  • Options
    GL to you @nicole030985, praying for you!
    Thank you @mkr_0128 and we all understand this process is very stressful and sometimes they don't make it easy, and this my first IVF too so I get you girlfriend! 
    AFM, I took the test this morning on my way to work and have another BFN, can't even cry, don't know what to think, just feel like I will never be a mother and just need to accept it instead of spending all that money in fertility treatment and still nothing so frustrating! Have my BETA appointment tomorrow will see what's my next step with my frozen ones. GL to you all
  • Options
    @babydust2507 I'm so sorry to hear that :( It really is crazy how expensive these treatments are and there's no promise of leaving with a baby after spending thousands and thousands of dollars, while other people are out there having sex for free. It's so frustrating! I know we all want to be mothers so bad. Just hang in there! You still have some frozen ones that could be the lucky one! A girl in the waiting room yesterday told me her first fresh failed but had success with her FET :) 
  • Options
    Thank you @mkr_0128 that really comfort me, I appreciate. I just don't know if I wanna hold on to that hope, because it hurts so bad when you give your all and still end up with a BFN. I hate that I have to be at work right now. I just wanna go home and cry all day, ugh!
  • Options
    So sorry @babydust2507. I have no words but know the feeling all to well. Stay positive especially being you have the opportunity waiting for another transfer. I will still be keeping my FX for you for miracle beta results tomorrow, anything is possible in this game of chance.
  • Options
    Thank you @lemondrop1976 praying for you too! Heard those stories too but don't think it will happen to me but we'll see I will give you an update tomorrow 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @babydust2507 about your BFN. UGH. It's just so fricking unfair and no one deserves this kind of torture. Take all the time you need to grieve, feel all the feels before moving on. I forget... do you have other frozen embryos to transfer? Or would you go through stims again? If you even want to do IVF again. 

GL, @nicole030985 on the two you are transferring! I am so curious what you'll wind up with (twins or 1?). It sounds like a good plan and you must be relieved to be putting them in now. 

Today was my first Bloodwork and U/S after 5 days of stims. I only know my growing follicle count at this point, not estrogen level but the count was good. It was 27. (15 on the left and 12 on the right). They're still small, I didn't get the size but there's a lot. It kinda freaks me out. However, I'm counting my blessings as I know each day could bring different news. 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options

@babydust sorry to hear that. Take your time and be patient you'll get there, we all will. Go home and relax before you make any decisions.

@nicole030985 keep us posted.

After my appointment they said I'm not ready to trigger so one more day and they'll see me tomorrow for more blood and ultrasound. today is day 10 and I only have 1-16mm and a bunch of smaller ones hopping they will grow by tomorrow or next day :(

1-16, 2-15, 1-14, 2-13, 2-12, 5-11, 1-10 and 11 under 10mm

E at 2478 - P 1.41

Nurse said she want to see a few more over 15 because they have more chances to have a mature egg once they reach 15mm any experiences on the sized? I've read 18-22 is considered good so kind of sad about that.

• Options
    Those are very good numbers @manders85-2! FX that good news keep coming your way!
    AFM I have 9 frozen ones so at least I won't have to go thru stims again. My poor DH, he was excited the last days, hoping for good news, I haven't told him yet since I took the test on my way to work, dont wanna tell him on the phone, I guess I will tell him tonight when he gets home from work. 
  • Options
    Thank you @knottiee829c, praying for you too that you'll be ready by tomorrow!
  • Options
    nicole030985nicole030985 member
    edited August 2018
    Knottie- sounds like your follicles are growing good. Your probably looking at tomorrow or the next day to do your trigger. Hopefully the other follicles will catch up soon. 
    Manders- Sounds good so far. I didn’t start seeing the actual sizable follicles until day 8. 

Babydust- I’m so sorry that you got a negative test. I know how devastating it is because I have been through it (twice). You have a great number of frosties so you will be back in the game in no time. It’s a lot easier doing a FET because you don’t have to stim. Plus maybe your body just needed to cool down a bit from all the meds. That’s what I’m worried about this time because, again, I have no backups! I know you will get your BFP soon. This road is so difficult and emotional. It’s so hard to go through constant failure. I feel the same way about feeling like I’m never going to be a mom. It’s so hard to keep a positive attitude sometimes but we have to! It will happen for all of us and we will look back on these moments and it will all be worth it! 

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Thank you fertilize and strom- good luck to you both

Afm- had my transfer today. The embryologist said that both embryos have changed from this morning to transfer so that is a good sign. I am pretty sore and on bed rest for the rest of the day now. Nothing else to do but wait now!
  • Options
    Happy PUPO day @nicole030985! And thank you for the kind word  it's so hard though hope I will get my hope and positive attitude back next time I see my RE. Not sure if I will see him tomorrow since it's just to draw my blood but will see...
  • Options
    @nicole030985 fingers crossed for good news for you! That's so nice you got to transfer more than one embryo! Stay hopeful and positive :) 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Didn’t know I can leave a pic but this is what they looked like this morning. 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 Congrats on being PUPO! Hopefully you get blessed with both;)
  • Options
    @nicole030985 so excited for you, take it easy tomorrow not sure how long you are supposed to rest but rest as much as you can just in case :) 
  • Options
    @fertilizemeplease we transferred 2 last time and were blessed with our twins, this time we transferred one. 
    @babydust2507 I'm so sorry about your BFN. infertility is brutal and so very unfair
  • Options
    Those look like some good looking embryos, @nicole030985

@stromette, this our first IVF and our doc only wants us to do 1 to start. With the amount of money we’re paying I’m kinda wanting to increase our odds. How was your twin pregnancy? I am worried about higher risk.

so we got our e2 levels back. 721 on day 5 with 27 follies. Dr says they’re following an anti OHSS protocol and giving me Lupron since he expected I’d have a lot of eggs. What else should I watch out for, ladies? 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    Any one else get half of their message cut off every time? What am I doing wrong, ha ha?
    Good luck today @lemondrop1976!!!
    @nicole030985
  • Options
    See, it cut it off again! ^^^
    That's annoying. 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 good luck and rest up! What are you doing to keep your mind busy during the dreadful wait so you don't lose your mind? 
  • Options
    @stromette one of the most common reasons messages get cut off is using an emoji from your phone. If you do, anything after that emoji will be cut off. You can only use the ones available on TB. Click the arrow next to the  :) above the text box. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @manders85-2 I love having twins and my husband wanted to shoot for twins again, but the last part of twin pregnancy and the delivery is why we're transferring 1 this time. 
  • Options
    Thank you @stromette, I'm doing a little better today, I have accepted and ready to move forward. 
    @manders85-2 your E2 look good for that many follicles and being D5 of stims ! I think they prefer it to have below 3000, that's the next thing they watch for OHSS, so you're good in my opinion!
  • Options
    Just got beta call...As expected, not expecting 
  • Options
    They retrieved 12 yesterday and told me this AM that 7 fertilized.  I have had the worst gas pains of my life the past 24 hours. Super constipated.  And I accidentally farted on my husband last night while he spooned me.  In cAse anyone needed a laugh 
  • Options
    Lol @fertilizemeplease! But good result! Congrats! Take some Miralax or colace, I had the same thing! 
  • Options
    Damn, @lemondrop1976 that's such a bummer! I'm so sorry. 

Thanks for the laugh, @fertilizemeplease and congrats on 7 fertilized! That's a great number!!

Thank you @babydust2507 for the insight into the E2 levels. Much appreciated. :) 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Options

@fertilizemeplease that's awesome congrats.

@lemondrop1976 don't get desperate you'll get there, it just sucks that you have to wait so long :(

I'll be triggering tonight, I only have 5 follicles over 16mm but they said it's ok I have 10 more 10-15mm they said anything over 12 can have a manure egg so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They said I need to trigger tonight because my E2 is over 3,700 so can't wait any more :(  RE put me on OHSS meds starting today before my trigger. Has anyone experienced this? this mean I have OHSS or is just a precaution?

• Options
    Thank you everyone! I have only 2 more cycles available to make this happen. It took 4 yrs to come up with the final plan or stopping point and we decided to purchase a 4 cycle package this round and then call it quits for IVF mainly due to financial reasons, so far we racked up close to $100k out of pocket throughout this whole ordeal. If these last 2 do not do the trick I may be hesitantly doing one round with a donor egg which kinda freaks me out.