Infertility

August 2018 IVF

Re: August 2018 IVF

• K would too if I got my baby!
  • Thank you @mbradfo2, @manders85-2 , @lemondrop1976 and @nicole030985 my E2 was at 3718 on last stims day and had over 40 follicles with 33 eggs retrieved, I was really high risk 
    and worried, didn't wanna have it cancelled or some other delay but they put me on cabergoline for 8 days to prevent the OHSS, started that on trigger day, so I'm taking my last one today. You can ask your RE about it.
    So my transfer went well, they transferred 1 4AA, they said they rarely give this grade so I'm pretty excited about that. 4 were ready to be frozen, 3 more by this evening and probably some tomorrow. I will get the exact numbers and grade that got frozen when they call me tomorrow. Blood work to confirm pregnancy is on the 22nd. Wish me luck and GL and baby dust to us all! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Whoa @babydust2507! Those are some great numbers. Thanks for sharing your details and that 1 embryo they transferred sounds fabulous! We’re choosing not to find out about the embryo’s sex. Did you find out? 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Started stims yesterday! My husband left this AM for a funeral and won’t be back until Wednesday afternoon.  So, it should be interesting mixing the injections by myself. I’m doing Gonal F & Menopur.  I took three Advil earlier for my headache and then realized that was probably a terrible idea.
  • Thank you @manders85-2, and no we do not know the sec because we didn't the PGS testing 
    GL with stims @fertilizemeplease
  • Baby dust- that is amazing results! I hope I can get that many to the freezer... I would be thrilled to death! 

Fertilize- The meds aren’t bad once you get used to it. Good luck. 

Afm- just had my day 11 scan. I now have 18 measurable follicles!
     (1) 12 mm
    (3) 14 mm
    (3) 16 mm
    (3) 17 mm
    (2) 18 mm
    (2) 19 mm
    (2) 20 mm
    (2) 21 mm

I hope I get to do my trigger shot tonight  and my E 2 level won’t be ridiculously high. I will find out in a few hours when they call me and I will update.
  • it looks like you're ready to trigger @nicole030985! that's awesome! praying that your E2 will still be in a reasonable range, keep us posted!
  • Hello Everyone, Here are my updates.. so i had 12 growing follicles ,, egg retrieval was on 08/07/2018 and they got 11 eggs. they were able to perform ICSI to 10 of them. 6 were fertilized and now after day they could only freeze 2 embryos after biopsy for PGS.. I m really disappointed but still hopeful. Good luck to you all.
  • Hey ladies! 

I've read boards like these like a crazy person at times, but I've never posted in one! 

I'm about to be 27, DH is 28, and we are starting IVF due to MFI. I go for my baseline on the 20th, with possible ER September 4 and ET September 9. This is our first round, finally. I'm so excited but so nervous! I don't want to get my hopes up that this will work, especially since our facility only transfers one embryo. I'm hoping at the very least that we will have extra embryos to freeze so the process isn't as extensive and expensive next time...

I will be doing this alone since hubby is at a military school right now for a few months, so any support or advice would be appreciated! :) 

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories and your numbers! (I'm still very new to what all of it means, but I'm sure I'll catch on once my cycle starts!) Good luck to everyone in their journey!! 
  • Just got my blood work.

E2 is only at a 2350
    progesterone went from .90 to a 1.24

does anyone recall their progesterone level at trigger? Still waiting for the doctor to call. I’m worried now that is going up. 
  • they never mentioned my progesterone level> I just know its supposed top be low before ovulation but I don't know how low, sorry... but I think everything looks good. have you tried to google it?
  • nicole030985nicole030985 member
    edited August 2018
    Doctor just called... put my mind at ease! All my numbers look good and I trigger at 7:45 tonight and have egg retrieval 7 am Wednesday. Finally! 

Man- two embryos for the freeZer is a good number. I didn’t have any my last IVF. It only takes one! Good luck! 

Knottie- welcome
  • yeah! I'm so happy for you @nicole030985! GL almost done, you're getting closer to your BFP!
    I got the last report from the Lab, so I'm again confused with their grading, this one has + sign in it again, Anyway, so 9 got frozen (B+A, B+B+, B+A, BB, BA, BB, BB, B+A, and BA) and 4 out of the 14 fertilized didn't make it to freeze, still pretty thankful that we have that many to freeze either for baby #2 or if this one didn't work (but hope it won't be the case FX!)
  • @fertilizemeplease how are you doing with your stim injections?
    Welcome @Knottie9b9bd9b0977f622f, and this cycle is my first one as well and I've learned a lot being on this site., still learning! don't hesitate to ask questions if we can answer we will! and I believe this forum is a great support for women like us going to infertility treatments. GL in your journey! 
    @manramk, I'm praying that your lucky one be among those 2 frozen and you can even you the 2nd one for baby #2!
  • I’m getting a little better at injections! Realized this AM I’m supposed to just slapped the needle in quickly, I’ve been slowly easing into through my belly fat. So that may be why the Menopur kinda stings.  

Heading in right now for my first ivf lab.  Got a call that doc was running way behind so I’m chilling for a minute before I make the drive.

question: how are y’all staying hydrated? I am notoriously terrible at drinking enough water.  Been trying to make myself but need to do more!

• Thanks dear.. Lots of best wishes to you as well..
  • I started stims on Saturday. Had my first lab today. Just got on the portal and it says they want me to go ahead and come back in tomorrow for labs? Are my numbers high for only 3 days of injection? 
    estradiol is 274
    progesterone is 0.33

why would they want me back in so soon?
  • mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited August 2018
    They probably just want to run the labs again -- I went in a couple days a week when I was doing stims. They just wanted to monitor the numbers. They would have told you to change something if there was an issue they noted in the labs, I suspect. Since they only have one value, they may just want to see what your rate of increase is.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @fertilizemeplease my E2 was at 123 on D3 of stims, maybe they want to see if they need to decrease your dose. how big were your follicles, and how many did they count?
  • Knottie- it’s definitely nice having other people going through the exact same thing. That must be hard going through it by yourself. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions and I’m sure we will all answer them the best we can. It can be scary when you don’t know what to expect, but some of us been though it more than once and are ahead in the process so we can be a great support system. Good luck. 
  • Babydust- wow! 9 frozen is amazing! I have no idea what the grading means but reading on the forums I don’t believe that matters too much because I read a lot of people getting pregnant with lower grades. My embies didn’t get that far last time
  • Fertilize- you definitely just have to stab that needle in. Lol
  • I don’t know why but all my typing just deleted! And I noticed it didn’t post everything I typed last time too! That really sucks. But it cut off what I wrote to fertilize. 

I never went in for labs on day 3 on on day 4.
    my E2 for my first Ivf was 290 on day 3 and my E2 for this one was a 270. They probably will be doing an adjustment with your medication and that why they want to check your levels. Wait till the end lol... it’s like every day! But your progesterone looks amazing because you want that to stay low during stills. 
  • I just got home from my egg retrieval. It went very well. In a little bit of pain now but not too bad. Took some Percocet. They retrieved 18 eggs! I’m so happy with that number. Now I’m praying for a good fertilization report! It feels so good to have them out... it got so uncomfortable the last few days. 
  • Babydust- Are you going to do a HPT? Just curious... I know I will lol... I’m too impatient. If so how many days past transfer?
  • @nicole030985 18 is great number! Take it easy now and try to enjoy the rest of your day :smiley:

I don't remember if you said, but are you doing a fresh transfer or will this be a freeze all?  As for the HPT, if you are doing a fresh transfer after a trigger, you'll have to wait at least 10-14 days after you did the trigger. Other than that, they can start showing positive 4-5 days after a 5 day transfer, albeit very lightly. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Mbrad- I am going to do a fresh transfer. That’s the only thing that sucks about the hcg tigger lol I will start testing it out of my system about 7 days after trigger to make sure. Thanks
  • congrats for the 18 eggs @nicole030985 whoop whoop! FX on the fertilize report! ya I will take a HPT but just a day before my 1st BETA which is on the 22, but I didn't tell my DH I will do it, does too much pressure I need to know before going to the clinic, don't wanna have to wait forever for their call and have DH asking me every 30 mn lol. And also because of the trigger shot can't take it so many days in advance 
    @fertilizemeplease how did your appointment go?
  • @nicole030985 what's Percocet for? I was in pain for days!!!!! that was so horrible, even thought I was getting OHSS, thankfully I feel better now!
    and @fertilizemeplease if you don't like drinking water maybe you should start drinking Gatorade/Powerade, it will help you a lot after your ER,a nd it's recommended anyway. I heard some people start drinking it during stims
  • @babydust2507 thank you! Your first cycle seems to be going well and I hope you get your BFP!! 

@nicole030985 thank you :) congrats on the 18! That's so exiting and promising! I can't wait to hear how they progress.

I go for baseline on Monday and I'm so ready! I've been wishing away my summer for this so I hope it's worth it
  • Ugh it cut off the rest of my message too..

If anyone doesn't mind sharing, is anyone using DS due to MFI? That is the case for us. DH was originally against it before we ever got an answer to what the problem actually was. Fortunately he has come around and is open to it now. I can't say I'm not nervous though for what it will be like when we do get our BFP.

Also, what did y'all do about telling families? I didn't want to tell ours until after we knew we were pregnant. I didn't want people knowing we were trying and constantly asking about it... But since hubby isn't around I need someone there for my ER appointment so I'm going to have to tell my mom...
  • @Knottie9b9bd9b0977f622f, I totally get you! told my family but now I kinda regret because the questions are annoying and stressful, so I told my family and in laws that we will not be giving them any updates until we pregnant and pass the 1st trimester because it was stressful. I work I did tell them we were trying but still annoying when they ask so when you're guys gonna have a baby you've been married for awhile now and you're getting old girl, I hate that! like leave me alone! people don't understand! and it's so hard that even with close friends/family members you don't even wanna share it, I know I don't but people are different, so do what make you comfortable 
  • @babydust2507 ugh yes! After I tell my mom, and only my mom, I will be telling her the same thing, not to ask me anything until I tell her otherwise. I know she will be respectful of it, I just didn't want to have to tell ANYONE until after. 

People for real have no problem asking about when you're going to have kids! I know they don't mean anything by it, but I wish people would realize it's not so easy for everyone... I had people at work asking as well and I would just answer "oh soon probably" or "haha when we have a little bit more money saved up", but I couldn't help getting upset about it. It got to the point my mom was bringing up kids all the time and asking when she was gonna get grandkids I snapped at her and told her to quit bringing it up. I know she doesn't know any better, but it can be a very personal matter whether infertility is an issue or not. 
  • Hi ladies, I haven't posted in a while, but I'm in the middle of stims right now. Had an appt this morning and had several follies on the left and 3 on the right. Hoping for about 7 eggs at retrieval, next appointment is Friday.

@Knottie9b9bd9b0977f622f first, you may want to head over to The Knot, and change your user name to something more original/recognizable. It will make it easier for people to recognize/keep up with you. there are tons of "Knotties"  You may also have to log out and back in again to have it update. Second, sharing with anyone is such a personal choice. At first I didn't want to talk about it because if we were doing this "the old fashioned" way I wouldn't be telling people when we were having sex etc. but after dealing with IF and the disappointments that come with it. I adopted a f**k it attitude and just started telling those that matter to me. but I told them in my own time and when I was ready. I also asked that they not share it with other family etc. And I told them what I need from them (for example: to not constantly ask too many questions.) So far it has worked for me. I've told a few close friends, my boss and my sister. my MIL and  SIL know as well, my mom is not in the loop and won't be because that is what is best for me. Do what is best for you and share with those who can give you the support you need and want. 

@nicole030985 wow 18! hope you're resting and starting to feel better. FX for a good report/update. 

@babydust2507 I'm not much help on the grading. most labs have their own grading system, but 9 frozen is a great number. Are you doing PGS?

@manramk FX for those 2! When do you expect the results?

@fertilizemeplease I'm doing Follistim and Menopur, girl good for you for doing them yourself. I don't know if I would be able to, but yes, jabbing it in quickly helps and (I haven't done this, but I've seen other ladies talk about it and I may try tonight) put an ice pack on the spot a for a few minutes before you do the menopur to help with the burn/stinging. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• that's awesome @Avrilmai! FX that everything goes well for you! No I'm not doing PGS, my RE didn't recommend for my age 
  • mkr_0128mkr_0128 member
    edited August 2018
    @Avrilmai ah thank you! I didn't pick that and couldn't figure out how to change it... I updated it and logged in again, hopefully it will change 
  • @Avrilmai Thank you for sharing! I'm hoping it gets easier to tell people over time because I do want to as it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's just a very overwhelming process to be going through (as we all know!) and not ever having any idea if it will work or how long it will take. 
  • Babydust- I can’t help but to do a hpt. But it does drive me a little crazy so I think this time I might try to wait but have to test out that hcg trigger shot. The Percocet is fot the pain after retrieval. They only give me a couple. Your doctor didn’t give you any? I though all of them did. It definitely help a lot better than Tylenol which does nothing. Tried that first. 

Mkr- thanks. I have been wishing my summer away also, which stinks. But, in the end will be worth it. 

My mom has beeen my biggest supporter throughout this entire process. Don’t know what I would do without her. My husband has been very busy working and doesn’t understand at all what this process is like. The only people I told are my close family members. They don’t usually ask me questions until I tell them. I made the mistake last time of telling people when I ended up with a chemical pregnancy. But that was the first time I ever came close to being pregnant and I was so excited. It hurt so bad telling people never mind no baby. I will never make that mistake again and won’t tell anyone until after 1st trimester. It is so hard when everyone around you is getting pregnant and having kids. I have been watching it for years and years. It’s so hard to even imagine for myself anymore but am still praying my dream will come true this time. But as for telling people, do what you feel is comfortable. This kinda feels like a normal thing for me now and is easy to talk about for me personally. 
  • Avril- thanks and good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Wishing for the best!

AFM- got my fertilization report. Out of 18 eggs. 15 were mature, 10 fertilized normally, and they are watching one until day 3 to see how it looks so possibly 11. I will get another update Saturday. I am so nervous. I just hope one of these will be our haelthy baby! The last IVf none out or 8 fertilized made it to day 5 so I’m very nervous but hopeful because I did Lupron this time for 20 days. Hopefully that will be my magic drug lol. They will call me Saturday morning with an update.