January 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms - July

Re: Symptoms - July

• Options
    I get full so fast but then I'm hungry shortly after. It's been my whole pregnancy so far. I don't remember this happening during my other two pregnancies at any point!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! When I'm pregnant my poop cramps are so bad! I always think they are early contractions...until I poop. Lol
  • Options
    @tosh24 So many different cramps... Poop cramps, ligament cramps, general bloating cramps, drink-too-much-water-too-fast cramps... Freaking cramps everywhere!

@AshVA Same! A couple weeks ago I couldn't seem to eat enough. Now... Yeah, I'm good with a piece of broccoli. Full !

• Options
    I'm so glad you guys brought up the cramps! I was legit freaking out earlier because I had the worst cramps that felt like menstrual cramps. I came home from work all panicky and emotional and on the verge of making an appointment tomorrow just to calm my nerves. And then I finally let out a bunch of gas, like scary sounding gas, and I felt so much better.  I hate my crampy, bloated guts for making me think the worst. 
  • Options
    I have such a difficult time sleeping. I'm an RN, and I work both night shifts and day shifts. Nights I have to work have been brutal, I sleep so little at night,  up with dd1 all day, and then up all night after a restless night of sleep. Sucks.
  • Options
    @LeahNicole pregnancy sleep is the worst. I'm sorry to hear it's even harder for you given that schedule. I hope you are able to catch up soon! 
  • Options
    Another day, another giant zit on my face.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    Does anyone else have extreme pressure in your cervix area? I feel like the baby is going to just drop out of me. I don't know if that's normal or not. I'm only 14 weeks 
  • Options
    @jgil85 No, but I've read that some women get a heaviness and pressure feeling as the uterus expands. Exercise can sometimes help to alleviate it.
    That being said, no one here can give you medical advice; if you're feeling concerned, definitely book in with your medical practitioner.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! This my first post about this pregnancy/in years, but I hope not my last! Can anyone tell me why they keep saying you feel amazing in the second tri? Any of you ladies feel amazing yet? This is 2nd baby and last time was not fun either. This time I'm dealing with something new though. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and locked in an exhausting cycle of retching and needing to eat most days since about week 12( before that pretty standard manageable morning sickness). So I eat one of the 3 things my brain can stand ( yogurt, bacon, yogurt). Then out of nowhere between 1.5 and 2.5 hours later I have to stop mid-anything and run to the fridge or I will barf. Oh I also make a really amazing sound that people just love to talk about! I get 3 retches before I lose the game. Its pretty exhausting and I'm so tired of chasing this around all day. I'm also writing this at 2:49 in the morning cause I too will be up for hours in the middle of the night, also needing to eat or puke. Oh and I also have a headache. And monster zits. I'm just keeping my eye on the future sight of my beautiful 4yo holding my beautiful baby in January to get me through!
  • Options
    @Stasia122179
    Yes, I feel just peachy... Almost normal. 16+3 today. Some people never get to the point that they feel good during pregnancy. I have two sister in laws and a friend who were sick all the way to the end. Talk to your doctor and see if you can get something to help manage the nausea. Try some complex carbs and some form of protein to keep you going longer before you get hungry, and carry a snack with you. Keep eating small things throughout the day to stay ahead of the blood sugar drop and empty stomach. That's how I got through my very very pukey first trimester. Good luck.
  • Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    leighbrek said:
    @jgil85 No, but I've read that some women get a heaviness and pressure feeling as the uterus expands. Exercise can sometimes help to alleviate it.
    That being said, no one here can give you medical advice; if you're feeling concerned, definitely book in with your medical practitioner.
    Yep, not looking for medical advice. I've already spoken with my OB, she said it was all normal. I had the same pressure with ds starting around 20 weeks and I was just wondering if any second time moms felt the same pressure this early. 
  • Options
    15+6 today and my nausea and morning sickness are FINALLY like 80% better. 

Also I am already peeing three times a night. What the heck?!

And the RLP is pretty intense. I didn’t have it at all with DD so I was surprised. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    I get full so fast but then I'm hungry shortly after. It's been my whole pregnancy so far. I don't remember this happening during my other two pregnancies at any point!

@molosmiles this is part of my problem too! I can't get enough food into me and then when I get hungry again I also want to puke until I get the food in. Then I'm fine for an hour or two then it starts again. Hoping you can get a good meal in every few days like I sometimes can!
  • Options
    @stasiapsmama thank you! Nothing is sounding good to eat but I can basically eat anything in front of me, just not much of it. So that's good. I hope you get some releif soon.
  • Options
    I am 13 + 5 and I thought the crazy fatigue was passing because I felt good yesterday. But today its not even 7pm and I am ready for bed! Too tired to even cook myself a real dinner. Ugh, when does my energy come back??
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    bb2510bb2510 member
    @Rachel2066 I felt the same way about a week or two ago but since I hit 15 weeks it seems to have gotten a lot better, so hang in there! 
    I just feel like my eating has gone on autopilot since I hit the second tri. If I see it, it goes in my mouth, and the scale is certainly confirming that...I didn't realize how hard maintaining self-control would be...
  • Options
    12+5 and thought I was past the barfing... nope. Right in the middle of Lowe’s today. And then I cried.
    Also, having a ton of pain in my back/hip area. And my tailbone. Might be from sitting too much? Also not using abs / abs being “disabled” feeling? Any good exercises or stretches for this?  

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea I've been working with a trainer once a week, and one of her main focuses has been core stability and strength. The biggest help for me was pelvic tilt exercises. Lots of people tend to over arch their lower backs, and this can be exacerbated in pregnancy. Make sure you keep your knees a little bent when you stand and walk, as locking out your knees puts your back in a bad position as well. 

Other exercises we've done for core work include bridges, incline planks, one arm standing upright shoulder presses, and various plyometric- type exercises (walking, not jumping).  Foam rolling my hips, glutes, and upper back has helped a lot as well.

I would definitely recommend a few sessions with a trainer that specializes in prenatal fitness if you can.  Some exercises need modification for pregnancy, and it really helps to have a professional watching my posture during the exercises to make sure I'm not doing something that will hurt my back. 

• Options
    @AshVA great suggestions thanks! I really do need to work with a trainer. I did roll out my glutes and hamstrings today and that did provide a little relief... 
    Is anyone doing prenatal yoga? Any help
    there? 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea I’ve been doing prenatal yoga and it definitely helps. My instructor is really good about pointing out certain poses that are good for different pains and symptoms, and will ask what’s bothering people so she can specifically help address that each class. There’s definitely a ton we do for lower back and hips. 
  • Options

Also I am already peeing three times a night. What the heck?!

This. I'm only 13 weeks! Plus, the headaches are terrible.. mostly first thing in the morning and in the evening. I was thinking it's because I'm not drinking enough water, so I upped my intake. However, this has done nothing to help the headaches and just exacerbates my peeing in the middle of the night issue. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else having RLP already? My hips are killlllllllling me. Most specifically my right one and it goes from the side and down the front of my hip.
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ladystout08 I'm not sure if it's RLP, but assuming it is, then yep :) Mine is just a stabby twinge on both sides if I get up too quickly from sitting, or roll over in bed sometimes. That being said, my back hip joint is killllling me... but I think the two are unrelated. FX for growing pains I guess? 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    wkuandrea said:
    @ladystout08 I'm not sure if it's RLP, but assuming it is, then yep :)Mine is just a stabby twinge on both sides if I get up too quickly from sitting, or roll over in bed sometimes. That being said, my back hip joint is killllling me... but I think the two are unrelated. FX for growing pains I guess? 
    Yes--^this is me too! @ladystout08

Sometimes it's crazy intense!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Options
    @wkuandrea that sounds like your SI joint/sciatica. I see my chiropractor regularly to make sure it stays in alignment and it helps a ton. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    I'm so glad you guys brought up the cramps! I was legit freaking out earlier because I had the worst cramps that felt like menstrual cramps. I came home from work all panicky and emotional and on the verge of making an appointment tomorrow just to calm my nerves. And then I finally let out a bunch of gas, like scary sounding gas, and I felt so much better.  I hate my crampy, bloated guts for making me think the worst. 
    I also got hit with the cramps this week with the same experience, initial panic and eventual gas   :/
  • Options
    @BitterBetty12 yep, you're peeing already. I've been getting up once or twice per night since about 13 weeks to pee. 

Wondering if anyone else is dealing with discharge? I know there are generally two types during pregnancy: normal pregnancy discharge and an infection. I called my docs and I'm going on antibiotics because I seem to have an infection. It's just making me grumpy and not feel like myself. Didn't have this with DS. 
  • Options
    @wkuandrea that sounds like your SI joint/sciatica. I see my chiropractor regularly to make sure it stays in alignment and it helps a ton. 
    Yes! I don’t know how other women make it through pregnancy without chiropractic care; it helps so much, especially in the 3rd trimester.
  • Options
    Yes! I don’t know how other women make it through pregnancy without chiropractic care; it helps so much, especially in the 3rd trimester.
    Seriously! I see mine religiously even when not pregnant. I have one leg shorter than the other so my SI joint slips out a ton and it gets to the point where I'm like bent over because it hurts so bad. I love my chiro. I pay OOP for him and it's worth. every. penny.
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @Mandamay1414 It’s annoying. With DD I remember first tri and third tri going to the bathroom a ton at night. But not as much Second tri! It’s like clockwork - I wake up every 3 hours starting at 12!

@ladystout08 I didn’t have RLP at all with DD but I’ve been having it for probably about 2-3 weeks now already this time. Mostly when I twist my torso or move certain ways. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 I was telling a friend that I don't remember it with DS, or I blocked it out. Mine is mostly from sitting and when I stand up it's like it's tight and I need to stretch it or something. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @BitterBetty12 yep, you're peeing already. I've been getting up once or twice per night since about 13 weeks to pee. 

Wondering if anyone else is dealing with discharge? I know there are generally two types during pregnancy: normal pregnancy discharge and an infection. I called my docs and I'm going on antibiotics because I seem to have an infection. It's just making me grumpy and not feel like myself. Didn't have this with DS. 
    Sooo much discharge. Blech. 

I've also started having random nosebleeds. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    My left hip is freaking killing me today. I think I accidentally hyperextended it.  While...uh... stretching. Yeah.  Stretching.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 

• Options
    Is anyone else having RLP already? My hips are killlllllllling me. Most specifically my right one and it goes from the side and down the front of my hip.
    Yes! Mine is awful already, especially on the right side basically wrapping down the front and around my hip. I exercise, stretch, foam roll, chiropractor...it's all just temporary relief. I think it's because my belly is growing so fast/everything is shifting earlier this time around.
  • Options
    kmvisioli said:
    Yes! Mine is awful already, especially on the right side basically wrapping down the front and around my hip. I exercise, stretch, foam roll, chiropractor...it's all just temporary relief. I think it's because my belly is growing so fast/everything is shifting earlier this time around.
    I see my chiro today and I'm hoping that helps. I've started taking epsom salt baths and that seems to help too. I have annoying hips anyway so this just expounds that. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    I've been getting super nauseated at night right before or after supper to the point I actually have thrown up a few times. I basically need to just eat once an hour throughout the entire day and only eat a small amount and not at night and I feel fine. Easy enough right?
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker