DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Randoms 6/22

• Loading the player...
  • jomama1618jomama1618 member
    edited June 2018
    ***TW*** 
    (Adult Death)

So, Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Damageplan, HELLYEAH) Passed away very early this morning. As of this time, it seems he passed peacefully while sleeping, (according to a few sources, although there hasn't been any official confirmation of suspected cause of death)  he was only 54... Damn pregnancy hormones are making me take this news MUCH harder than normal. Such a sad loss. R.I.P. Vinnie Paul
  • @jomama1618 DH told me that this morning! So sad, he was pretty young!
  • @jemmerjams he was! He had just turned 54 a few months back. Sadly I'm sure all the years of touring (and all the things that come along with that, drinking, partying, not eating well etc) probably played a part in it. So many people passing away so much younger lately. Smh. It's so sad. I'm always thankful to hear that at least someone passed peacefully, especially while sleeping. (More sources now saying the family has said he passed in his sleep, and his body has been sent for autopsy to determine what happened.)
  • So the water damage on the crib is worse than we realized. It would involve sanding the whole side panel and restaining, possible doing the whole crib. Thankfully my friend has a crib (and a glider), we just have to figure out how to get it from Chicago to Detroit...
  • @purplegoldfish2 Why is he acting like a total noob to this game?! #DonutsForeva
  • Just saw that Jurassic Worlds run time is 2 hours and 10 minutes!! Fingers crossed I can actually sit through it all...
  • @jynjer91 Jurassic world was good! Had some emotional moments and I'm not a very emotional person! If you liked the first one you'll like this one.
  • @purplegoldfish2 hahaha I go through the same thing on the daily. I don’t understand at all. Just has to share this with my DH because he knows how much he drives me nuts asking my opinion and then doing the opposite. Glad to know I’m not alone.
  • @sliztee, yes mostly cost. We have to get a glider from her too anyway so we'd be meeting her anyway.
  • Ugh, I just had a disturbing experience in a Facebook parenting group. TW: loss mention.
    A mother had posted in the group venting about how a relative of hers was being pushy and wanting to know all the details of her chemical pregnancy she had just suffered and how it was negatively affecting her mental health. 90% of the comments were asking her if she had confirmed her pregnancy or suggesting she wasn't pregnant at all. W. T. F.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @sammierose464 - Never mind! Just lurked their FB page and saw that they'll be putting them into production soon. I'll definitely be buying those, in addition to the Bonethugs and Harmeowny ones I just snagged. Very excited!
  • @purplegoldfish2 I’m sitting in Starbucks catching up on posts while DH gets his hair cut and I came across your donut post... now I want donuts, but Starbucks is out. Womp womp.
  • @mytrueloves that sucks. *TW* Although I will say, on the TTGP board we would get people fairly often who had 'chemical pregnancies' only to reveal that their CP was them being 2 or 3 days late and then getting a period without ever testing, so they assumed a pregnancy followed by quick loss. I guess I can also see the other side. To people with actual losses, a lot fo people calling a late period a CP is really hurtful
  • I agree that it can be hurtful. I've also seen it go in a VERY skewed other direction. With some literally telling more than a few women with multiple light but obviously positive pregnancy tests that did end in a CP, that they were faulty tests/indents/evap lines etc. It was the most messed up thing I've seen. (And really messed with one of the girls on that group. I was trying to help her, she had 3 very obvious positive tests, and at least one other woman literally had to counter everything I said with negative crap, until this poor girl was actually questioning of she had some how imagined it. Despite positive tests.) I'm not saying even a lot of TTCers do it, but I've seen an increasing trend in negativity and basic disregard in TTC communities from those who deem themselves btdt (even though I've noticed many of them haven't even met the 1yr guideline for IF) those who have truly btdt wouldn't treat another TTCer like the crap I've seen.

Sorry, that got way more ranty then I expected!
  • *TW* I had 2 CPs before this pregnancy and my best friends reaction was 'well did you confirm the pregnancy with your doctor?' Ugh I was so hurt and angry. The first one I did not confirm with doctor and the second one I did. Even my doctor said for anyone to get multiple faint positives, no matter how faint...is very unlikely to be a faulty test. I do think it's ridiculous to claim a CP without even taking a test at all though...periods are early/late all the time.
  • I can see where the discussion might lead in that direction on a TTC board but I feel the questions were entirely inappropriate because the woman wasn't asking whether she had been pregnant and gave no details about the pregnancy. The post was 100% a vent about her relative being pushy on the subject and how it was upsetting her. To question whether she was pregnant or to outright say that she wasn't without having any details of the pregnancy at all just had me flabbergasted.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves I completely understand. I would never in a million years ask someone if they confirmed a pregnancy/loss, Neptune forbid to actually tell someone they weren't. That's absurd and frankly crazy. Which is what I was saying in my first post. It helps no one in that situation. (Which is similar to the situation I discussed. The girl I was talking about wasn't asking if she was pregnant either, it was a celebration post, that later turned into a loss post.) I mean I personally know someone that claims a loss every time her period is late (by any amount of time) and I STILL wouldn't call her out on it. Not my place. It was really crappy of them to do/say that when she wasn't asking if she was pregnant...
  • @chyvie - Ha! That is awesome! I’m thinking that Blast’s first Halloween costume should be a dinosaur.
  • @ladyofarlington We went to Starbucks earlier and I wanted a pumpkin loaf - they were out. Went to a few other stores and asked MH to stop at Panera and get me a pumpkin muffie - they were out.  Went to a local pancake house with the kids for dinner, ordered blackberry crepes - they were out. MH did go get the donuts tonight though... not that I actually want them after having breakfast for dinner. All that was after I started rearranging our bedroom to fit the crib in our room (I just moved boxes, our bed and nightstands - nothing heavy).  I had the crib half set up before I realized that it doesn’t all fit where we planned to put everything - there’s either no room between the bed and crib to walk through or the door will be partly blocked closed by the bed, so I had to move everything back and come up with a new plan.  This pregnant lady just can’t win today!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @purplegoldfish2 I second @mamabearcj I probably would have cried after the lack of a muffin.... no blackberry crepes would have been a complete break down. 
  • @nasalot188 I would gladly help if I was there. Mmmmmm gummies.