October 2018 Moms

Randoms 5/11

Re: Randoms 5/11

• @sammierose464 my kindergartner had standardize testing 2 weeks ago. It's crazy the amount of things they're expected to know. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• This baby is hanging out so. freaking. low. He’s wedged down right against my cervix and it’s making me crazy. Every time he moves he hits my cervix and/or bladder and it feels so weird. Also starting to have hip pain which I think may be related to how low I’m carrying. Really hoping he swims up a bit as he gets bigger because this is not great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @DunkinDecaf ugh, that's the worst! I haven't felt this tiny move that I could really distinguish  (so much for feeling it earlier the 2nd time :joy: ) but yesterday I definitely got a kick to the bladder. It's that slightly sharp, sudden, unmistakable feeling that you never forget from your first pregnancy. It definitely caught me off guard! Mine is staying low as well. DS spent most of his gestation laid from hip to hip (but between them), head on one side, legs on the other, like a freaking cradle. Lol
  • @jomama1618 ahhh that sounds miserable!! So when he kicked it was right in your hip?! That sounds wicked painful. My girls carried a little higher so this is new to me. If he wedges himself in there like this for the rest of the pregnancy I’m going to lose it. I’m mostly annoyed bc it’s still so early! He has plenty of space! Go swim around, buddy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • About to get a Brazilian that's almost a month over due!!
  • @mamabearcj :# God speed

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited May 2018
    @mamabearcj you are a brave woman!

It's 6:20pm and still 87 degrees with no wind and feels hotter in the sun. I mean, I'm glad it's not raining and that it is sunny, but come on Portland, this is ridiculous.
  • Thanks ladies! I mean it definitely feels much better sense I already can't see down their to trim it myself lol but wow was it painful!!
    I will say the lady I usually see couldn't fit me in so I went some where else and the wax was worse, and the lady wasn't as pleasant.. 
  • @chopchop25 agreed! This is the weather we should be having in August, not in May! 
  • jynjer4jynjer4 member
    We ate dinner on the couch tonight like lazy people..I had my mostly empty plate in my lap/resting precariously on my stomach and this kid kicked so hard he made the plate move. Twice.  Before 18 weeks. This fidgety wiggle worm is his father’s son!

Random question.. have any of you STMs noticed bruises on your stomachs when your baby got bigger and elbowed or kicked hard? DH said he read somewhere that it happen sometimes. I bruise super easy so just curious if I’ll end up with a giant green and yellow belly and need to buy a one piece swimsuit for this summer after all.
  • I never had any bruises! But when you're in the last few weeks it's wild watching those little fists and feet and elbows move through your skin! 

So that video that shows the internal view of pregnancy....my stomach is in my boobs! Weird.
  • @jynjer91 I bruise super easy and DS was a karate master in the womb. Never left any marks. 
  • @krzyriver this will be out first of possibly a few depending on pregnancy and everything but DH desperately wants a boy first and I know that if we find out it's a girl he'll be happy but try to keep his disappointment to himself.. I'm actually secretly hoping it's a boy for him though I tell everyone I don't know what I want. 
    Its not exactly the same situation that you're going through but hopefully your DH works through his feelings before baby boy gets here and is equally happy with all his little men! Maybe talk to him about it even though he's keeping it to himself,  tell him it's alright to be sad about it
  • @krzyriver I'm sure that initial disappointment can be hard. DH wanted a little girl too, and was a little sad we're having a boy. However, now he's super excited about raising another boy.
  • Good grief! A thread blew up on TTGP and is now closed. It may be a sensitive subject to some...

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12728860/do-you-see-it-or-is-it-just-me/p1

It never ceases to amaze me how someone just skips the rules, then when called out on it, get mad... Like, just say I'm sorry for breaking the rules and move on!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur yeah that thread was a MESS. I didn't see it until it was closed, but was pretty upset that the TTGP board had to deal with that yesterday. That was way too much.
  • I feel bad that those ladies (and any of you who used to be there) have to deal with that crap. I don't understand why these drive-by's think they're so entitled?  I would have been so embarrassed had I done something wrong like that and someone pointed it out. I'd have removed my pic and apologized profusely. 
  • @coffee-saur Just got done reading that. It really drives me crazy when OP's try to defend their mistake. It's really not a big deal to just say, "Hey, I messed up. I'm so sorry." Then you just move on. I've seen plenty of people do this and then become (rule-following) regulars on TTGP. Not a big deal. 
  • @coffee-saur Wow took her long enough to get it...smh.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • It made me mad reading it. Just seriously, leave them alone. And after they told her that, she just kept coming back with a non-apology and acting like the rules don't apply to her... Wow. Just wow. 
    Then saying the name of the thread was 'misleading' ... Like how!? TRYING to get pregnant seems pretty straight forward to me!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur woooahhhhhh. That was intense. 
  • Wow. I don't have any words for that thread. Some people..sheesh. 
  • slizteesliztee member
    I couldn't even read the entire thread. Too much.
  • Wow.  Just wow.  

• chyviechyvie member
    ugh poor baby! I know I have been starting to get constipated this last week too! ;) LOL
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• jynjer4jynjer4 member
    Just wow. “I’m a SGT in the US Army” (or whatever she said)So somehow that makes you exempt from the rules and every rude thing you say is ok?  Now I’m angry for the TTGP ladies. It’s hard enough just living life when month after month you are crushed once again. Don’t need some random, high stepping, entitled B waving pee sticks around. 
  • @sammierose464 yayy that’s great!! 

Also, that thread was ridiculous and makes me so ragey for them. 
  • jynjer4jynjer4 member
    Xfinity (our internet provider) is criminal. First of all they changed our rate without notice. I realized it today when DH said it wasn’t paid even though I have it on automatic payments. Called in and the lady said “it’s our cheapest promotion”. Sure it is. Somehow she magically managed to find our old plan. $10 less than their “cheapest rate”. I know it’s not a huge difference but it’s the principle people. Also, the card they had on file was perfectly fine but their scheduled withdrawal date was 4 days after the day it was due. How TAF does that make sense?! Don’t try to tack late fees on my bill because you’re incompetent or think I won’t notice. 
  • slizteesliztee member
    Oh man, I do not miss the days of Comcast, @jynjer91

• @jynjer91 criminal is exactly right. A couple years ago they took us off of auto-pay, created an email address for DH without notifying him and started sending bills exclusively to that email address, which he didn’t know about or have access to. So, we missed a couple bills and only found out when they sent a paper notice that they were going to terminate our service in 3 days unless we paid. Oh, and we got a shit ton of late fees of course too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited May 2018
    We got rid of Comcast last year. Don't miss them at all! But of course it wasn't easy. H called to cancel, the lady said they would be shipping us a box so we could mail the cable box back to them. Like 3 months later it never came. It ended up that it never got cancelled. They actually sent a guy to my door at 8pm at night demanding that I pay the bill on the spot. I told him he was out of his damn mind but he could take their effing cable box with him. It still took about 2 months after that to sort everything out with them. I cannot stand Comcast.