October 2018 Moms

Randoms 5/11

Re: Randoms 5/11

• jynjer4jynjer4 member
    +1 for team sugar. I’ll sometimes use agave to sweeten the pitcher of decaf green tea that’s always in my fridge because DH is fussy about too much sugar. But I do roll my eyes. It’s not the same!! 
  • My mom just sent baby’s first crochet blanket! It’s very cute, but..... smells like cigarette smoke. Ugh. Anyone know the best way to wash so it doesn’t ruin it?? 
  • Loading the player...
  • chyviechyvie member
    @sammierose464 that is adorable! Great gift  o:)
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @hannaht8516 you should see if it’s machine washable - lots of baby yarn is now! It would be a “superwash”. If not, try handwashing with a wool wash. 
  • @sliztee I suppose it's part of my docs standard 16wk workup, since I had that done 2 weeks ago. Apparently the results are in online, but I don't want to look! I figure if they'd call if it was something serious, right??

Also that episode of call the midwife terrified me because I took a super hot bath 3 days before I found out I was pregnant, and I know raising core body temp is a suspected possible cause. 
  • You should be able to machine wash that blanket, I do with all the ones my mom makes. I even put them in the dryer! But you could hand wash and hang dry if you're nervous.
  • I know this isn't the point of the discussion currently going on but I LOVE Call The Midwife and I'm so excited to find other fans here!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Team real sugar or bust!!!
  • Yeah fake sugar tastes terrible and I’m also convinced it’s worse for you than regular sugar. Lose lose. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Clearly an UO, because I actually like stevia, xylitol, and erythritol. Real sugar is grear, but I don't mind the others.
  • I used to have two coffees a day and now I still do, but make them half-caff. That leaves me a little room for other incidental caffeine like maybe a soda or chocolate.

Probably better for symptoms thread, but I am super sensitive to salt this pregnancy. Everything tastes too salty to me. I tried French fries (which were my go to last pregnancy) and I can’t even eat them!
  • I need a root beer float. Like right now.
    What is it with me and ice cream? I didn't really have any cravings with DD and this time I want EVERYTHING.
  • @SawyerRichardson STAHP that sounds so good. First the sherbet and now this. I’ll be sending you the bill for my lipo after this pregnancy is over.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since when do kindergarters do algebra style math problems??  I put off homework till just before bed (and he goes back to his mom tomorrow am and would bit** if we didn't do it) and it was much harder than I expected! Especially with a tired 6yo.

• @DunkinDecaf Maybe we could get a 2 for 1 deal. If all these cravings keep going like this I'm going to need it too!
  • @sammierose464 - Dude- the kid can’t even write his numbers yet, and they are having him do addition?
  • It's not so much the addition, as the algebra style and double digits addition. It's a first grade work sheet (and he's in kindergarten), but he is advanced in math. He does have a habit of writing them backwards.
  • Good gravy @sammierose464! That is crazy complicated! My DS in 1st is doing that sort of math, that's amazing! DD is six and just finished kindergarten and she'll write her number backwards too, sometimes. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @HoosOnFirst mine is sugar. I am so crazy sensitive to sugar. I feel like almost everything that was a go to lastly pregnancy or during breastfeeding I literally can't even stomach swallowing. It's like an instant sick. Blah

Pretty sure my milk is drying up, and DS is not amused :/ Poor kid is a booby boy, for comfort and sleep especially. I know it will make it easier when we are in the hospital when baby arrives, but it's sad. And it hurts. On the plus side, DH made a great mother's day dinner (since we have stuff to do tomorrow) and that's the most I've ate/kept down since getting pregnant. SO worth it, despite feeling blah and over full/nauseous after. Lol
  • rc-colarc-cola member
    edited May 2018
    Omg just watched Amy Schumer’s mother’s day short “The Day You Were Born” from last night’s SNL. Laughed so hard I cried.
  • @sammierose464 I haven’t been super emotional, but that made me tear up. 
  • @sammierose464 aw I’m so glad. That was very sweet of her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • To me, Pepper has been super strong. I keep thinking my husband has been over-peppering everything but he says it’s fine. So weird. 

Also, thanks for the washing tips. I think my mom just said to wash it on cold and cool dryer. So hopefully that works. I could also try doing that in a bag to protect it a little more. 
  • @mamabearcj - Congratulations!  That is very exciting!
  • @Mylitta that’s awesome. Thanks for sharing!