July 2018 Moms
Options

May Symptoms

Re: May Symptoms

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    Nurse practitioner gave me a PT order and recommended spending time at the pool to help my pain. So now I’m debating if i should keep doing the chiro and need to find a pool to hang at.
  • Options
    Cramping subsided thankfully, for the past few hours at least. @wildtot I am a big believer in chiropractors! I know some don't really like them/believe in them though. It seems to me like OBs will more commonly push PT rather than suggesting chiro. My midwife was very pro-chiro when I mentioned my sciatica and never mentioned PT to me. I don't think it would hurt to do both though. The pool sounds amazing. My friend just opened her pool at her house and I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can take advantage. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @wildtot OMG being in the pool is amazing when pregnant. I have been having some foot swelling and the pool really helped! It was amazing to feel so light. Of course when you get out of the pool everything feels heavy again.
  • Options
    @wildtot I would take that to mean you need some time off to dedicate to swimming/pool time. Did they mention float therapy? It might help you and be covered by insurance. 

I hope everyone else starts feeling better, home stretch!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member

I hope everyone else starts feeling better, home stretch!
    "Stretch" being the operative work in this sentence?  ;)
  • Options
    @runsomewhere hmmmmm float therapy being covered by insurance?? That sounds like something worth exploring. I have a GC from mother's day for a float place. I think I'll wait until it's so hot out and I'm so huge and miserable that I can barely stand it. 
  • Options
    @nimmle lol this is true, it feels like it's stretched on for a long time already with quite a few weeks left  :|  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @zande2016 I don't have personal experience but I've heard of it happening. The trend appears to focus more on gentle therapies like float therapy, acupuncture, etc. for pain and injuries opposed to medications.  

Let us know how you like it. I've never tried it but I'm interested in it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @runsomewhere i seriously thought the same about more more off lol they should have floating pool working stations! Im gonna look onto the insurance see if thet have something.
  • Options
    When I squat down or go pee I have so much pressure in my vagina I feel like baby's head is right there. I'm trying not to worry about it but omg this does not feel normal. 
    I feel this way- and if I remember I also felt like this with DD. Ended up being nothing
  • Options
    @runsomewhere idk if it’s exactly the same as what you describe, but I struggle to get pee out, it trickles and I have to lean forward and push on my bladder, and when I sit on the toilet my vagina feels really swollen and sore in that position. I think its all normal, I remember the same thing from last time. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @runsomewhere baby is really low already too (i think he dropped) because i have so much pressure already and it’s so unusual for my tail bone to hurt this much. I can feel all his movement on my cervix it hurts to walk/stand and sit sometimes. Unfortunately it’s normal and doesn’t mean much.
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    Well i apparently can’t eat pizza anymore or anything with red/tomato sauce. I start to feel nauseous super early morning the next day and it’s hard to sleep. Is this what heartburn feel like! Same thing happened with DS and i thought i skipped it this time. 
  • Options
    sm05-2sm05-2 member
    These past couple of days I’ve been getting Braxton-Hicks when doing normal things like getting up from my desk and walking 10 feet to get a glass of water or walking up the stairs to go to the bathroom. So I toned down my activities for a couple of days and still felt them lightly, nothing I could time, but there with movement. 

Today I was getting stir crazy and so went on a walk with DH after lunch and drinking a lot of water just in case, but after 20 minutes ended up getting BH baaaad. I rested in the car on the way to the grocery store, and while at the store developed a super bad cramp—almost like a stitch—to the right of my belly button, and it was kind of hard to walk. It and the BH have calmed down a lot after I drank more water and laid on my left side, but they’re still there a little bit. 

I guess i will contact my doctor’s office in the morning. I hope this doesn’t mean I have to stop exercising, or that I have to take it super easy. 

Has this happened to anyone else? I’m 33 weeks today. Can definitely feel baby getting bigger....
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @sm05-2 i give gotten a few days like but nothing i can time. As long as there is no increase with discharge or bleeding or a pattern I’ve been told it’s normal. Maybe your doc may want to check to see if they are causing any cervical changes. I was told baby can also move so much that it irritates the uterus and cause contractions. Hope you get some relief soon!!
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @wildtot thats heartburn and it’s miserable. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @And846 poo thanks. I normally don’t get heartburn but looks like red sauce is off the menu for a few more weeks then.
  • Options
    sm05-2sm05-2 member
    Thanks @wildtot!

And I agree with @And846, it does sound like you have heartburn--tomatoes and red sauce have been a big trigger for me this pregnancy. Sucks, I know.
  • Options
    I've been having BH since I had gallbladder surgery but they aren't consistent so I guess it's not related which kinda eases my mind but I'm glad I have appts tomorrow. I've also been getting restless legs more but that isn't consistent either so I can't even prepare myself haha
    I think the weirdest symptom change is that the past 2 days I've been having more discharge lately. It's not clear and doesnt have an odor so I domt think it's concerning but definitely going to bring it up at my.appt tomorrow just to be safe.
    And yes I totally agree with all of you on the hunger and feeling full at the same time! I think by the time I figure out how to eat to satisfy both I will already have given birth haha
  • Options
    My baby is usually super active. This morning not so much. It's kind of hard to do kick counts at work, especially when you can't lie down and you get interrupted by phone calls and what not. I have felt him move since I've been at work, but his movements are usually big kicks and punches and it's just been some squirming and light movements that I've noticed. I feel like lately every time I come to work I sit here worrying, whether it's movement or braxton hicks or cramping. I'm just so anxious at work lately. Maybe I'm just not doing well with knowing how far away I am from my midwife, MFM,and hospital. Right now according to Waze it would take me an hour and 45 mins to get  there. And of course we have a big meeting today that I can't really miss, and I have a NST already scheduled for tomorrow morning. So question, when you do kick counts, does ANY movement at all count? And it is still a cause for concern when you feel light movement as compared to movement that is usually really intense? 
  • Options
    millpemillpe member
    @zande2016 I haven't been doing regular kick counts - my dr told me only to do them if I am worried about movement. But she did say any movement counts. I think it depends on how baby is positioned whether I get "kicks" or just movement. I actually haven't had big kicks in over a week, but I still feel him moving all the time so I haven't been worried about it. I also mentioned it to my PA last week and she wasn't worried. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    stlmegsstlmegs member
    @zande2016 I have definitely noticed a difference in movement the last week and a half.  I think as they get bigger the "big" movements become less frequent because they have less space. At least that seems to be the case with my baby.  I still feel lots of movement, but it's not all belly moving, totally obvious.   If that makes sense?
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @zande2016 I was told only big kicks and rolls count if that is what you are used to experiencing. I am a few weeks behind you but I think LO is still small enough that if he moved to the right place in the ute i wouldn't feel him as intensely as usual, and have had a few days where I was definitely questioning going in (but got the kicks once I focused).  If you are worried then go in BUT I would say if you have some time today lean back in your chair drink some OJ or something and focus on it to make yourself feel better! I bet he's just moved somewhere weird!
  • Options
    @zande2016 I went to the Dr office last week for the same thing but baby was fine. For about a week her movements were small, weak, and while she would technically move 10/hr, it was a big difference in quality from the weeks prior! I was drinking so much juice and whatnot to get her to move bigger and nothing was working. Since the appt, however, things are back to "normal" and she's moving like crazy again. It could be a growth spurt, which I recall some saying slows then down a bit.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    FYI - for me at least the cramps were were def gastro lol but I think that stomach bug is officially 100% out of my system now!

RE insurance for stuff - the place i got the massage on Friday takes HSA cards for massages - so always worth a try to get something covered
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I felt some more movement since I posted this morning, but still feels much weaker. I downed a glass of cold water, and just now a cold protein shake with sugar in it, still not much happening. He is moving enough that I haven't felt like I need to call, just being hyperaware for now. 
  • Options
    Prego brain, still!!  It just gets worse than 1st tri! I had a meeting today but guess what, never sent the invite to my client...so I had to reschedule. *Facepalm*
  • Options
    @zande2016 I've definitely had those days and I've gone in a couple times for decreased movement. It's crazy how much movement can vary depending on the baby's position. One day my stomach looks like an alien is trying to bust out and another day it's just some delicate rolls. I've looked at my baby kicking and moving towards my back in an ultrasound and not felt a thing. 

I'm feeling like my pregnancy symptoms are so weird. For one, I cannot eat sugar, it gives me that horrible reflux, burning throat feeling. Super spicy stuff and everything else is somehow totally fine but sweets kill me. Also, siting in traffic and at my desk at work sucks but I'm 100% comfortable walking around. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @zande2016 I have those days where she is less wiggly than normal. I know movements can get more subtle as we progress as they run out of room. Today is one of those days for me. She isn't doing a ton but keeps getting the hiccups. 

My new TMI weird thing is at times it feels like I have no control of my bladdee except to start it just seems to trickle out but I can't change the flow or anything. Usually this is when she is hanging out crazy low. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @runsomewhere I am uncomfortable sitting a lot of times, it seems really hard to breathe when I'm not standing! 

I have been getting this weird twinge in my pubic region, that feels like the burning sensation you get when you pee with a UTI, but not when I am peeing, a lot of times when I am walking. I don't remember lightning crotch being like that for me last time, but I am guessing that is what it is. I hate it.
  • Options
    Would you be concerned for right side/ more back up by my rib pain? Worse when breathing in? Trying to decide if I should worry or chalk it up to probably nerve being irritated from things being cramped. 
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @zande2016 i experienced exactly what you are describing and felt the same way. Just like us, if babies are super active for a few days in a row, they may need a mellow/chill day. As long as you feel something it is safe to assume all is well. I have noticed that the type of movement has changed now that baby is bigger and take that into account. 24 week kicks and 31 week kicks are going to feel different.
  • Options
    @And846 that's what my husband tells me when I get paranoid. Saturday baby was crazy active. Yesterday not so much. Today normally active and already got 4 hours with over 10 kicks. It can be stressful!
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @kissableviv oh absolutely!! I drive myself crazy the first few “quiet” days. I was convinced there was something wrong. Now if i feel like it’s been a hot minute and i haven’t felt her move i give her a little poke or jiggle to the tushie and she gets on moving around. 
  • Options
    Would you be concerned for right side/ more back up by my rib pain? Worse when breathing in? Trying to decide if I should worry or chalk it up to probably nerve being irritated from things being cramped. 
    Welp it is contractions- being monitored now 

• Options
    @elizabethrn87 I'm glad you're getting monitored, hope everything is ok.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 Glad you are getting checked out. FX to everything being A-Okay!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @elizabethrn87 glad you are getting checked out and hope everything is ok! 
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 let us know how it goes, I hope everything’s okay!