October 2018 Moms
Options

Maternity Clothes

Re: Maternity Clothes

• Options
    @jemmerjams I feel like I have the opposite problems. The panel jeans seems comes up way high on my back. And until I have serious third tri bumpage, the top of the panel is taller than my bra strap. 
  • Options
    I feel like we can't win with pants! I went for a walk this morning and realized how miserable it's going to be in the summer with full panel pants. It's already in the 90s here, I'm not prepared for summer!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jemmerjams Yep. With DS, I quickly ditched my full panel shorts for side panels because I didn’t not need one more layer of clothing around my middle. 
  • Options
    I'm the summer I will live in leggings I feel like...

The Target "cross panel" goes up dull in the front but only like 2 in. in the back. I like them.
  • Options
    Maternity pants ugh. I found a couple pairs I like, but I buy one pair to every 10 I try on. It’s so hot here too. I will just stay inside this summer.
  • Options
    Just went to Motherhood (outlet mall) and bought a few maxi dresses yesterday. These look like I can wear them when I'm not pregnant.
  • Options
    @melbo444 Re: pockets. That's mine too! I have to keep a badge on me at work because the bathroom is outside of our locked HR suite. I used to keep it on my belt loop, but since maternity pants don't have them I'm stuck putting it in my back pocket which is a pain.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 @melbo444 yes to the fake pockets! My one complaint about the Riveria pants I mentioned is there are no side pockets, so I clipped my badge to the tummy panel that is currently folded over.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @sammierose464

Some of the side panel pants I bought (Target) have belt loops.  

Also- check to see if you can find a retractable clip.  I’ve seen them at Walmart. This is what I’m talking about:  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SQYRLF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Mmz-AbZ3G1R3D

I also like using a lanyard with a retractable clip, but I know that isn’t for everyone:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JFJ9HJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gpz-Ab610B3JR
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member

I have been wearing maternity pants with just the inserts, and I really need to get some full panel ones, these are sliding down.  But I'm hoping to wait it out until it gets warmer (will New England ever get warmer?) and then buy dresses instead.  I don't want to deal with pants anymore.

image        image

• Options
    I feel like we can't win with pants! I went for a walk this morning and realized how miserable it's going to be in the summer with full panel pants. It's already in the 90s here, I'm not prepared for summer!!
    I went to the zoo with my kid last week and wore full panel capris...I was dying - it is going to be an extra miserable summer in Texas.  I was looking at buying the front band/elastic waistband instead and those are recommended for 1st and 2nd tri (Old Navy).  Well this is going to be a PITA!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to the zoo with my kid last week and wore full panel capris...I was dying - it is going to be an extra miserable summer in Texas.  I was looking at buying the front band/elastic waistband instead and those are recommended for 1st and 2nd tri (Old Navy).  Well this is going to be a PITA!
    This is definitely why despite how much I hate shaving my legs, I’m probably going to end up living in more skirts/dresses this summer, just because I don’t want to be too hot with full panel. I was pregnant with DS mostly in winter last time, and I still got hot wearing full panel pants in January and February! I can’t imagine that in the summer! 
  • Options
    @sammierose464

Some of the side panel pants I bought (Target) have belt loops.  

Also- check to see if you can find a retractable clip.  I’ve seen them at Walmart. This is what I’m talking about:  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SQYRLF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Mmz-AbZ3G1R3D

I also like using a lanyard with a retractable clip, but I know that isn’t for everyone:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JFJ9HJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gpz-Ab610B3JR
    I have mine on a clip, but I don't like wearing it around my neck. With my boobs I feel it gets in the way of things.

It's a minor inconvenience since I have to pee so often, but it's not a huge deal.
  • Options
    Bought a bunch of adorable dresses, but the weather snapped and is too cold (again, grrr), so i'm stuck wearing pants again. Although I do love the side panel pants...i want all my pants to have elastic side panels forever.
  • Options
    @tropical1982 yep, ran some errands over lunch today in 90F weather in black full panel jeggings. Was barely outside and quickly realized I don't care if I ever find shorts. I have some super loose shorts that should work all summer  *fingers crossed*.
  • Options
    I’m wearing my new side panel pants from old
    navy today at work, and I’m loving them! For anyone looking for side panel work appropriate pants, give the old navy pixie pants a try! They’re super comfy and look cute too!  My
    only gripe is that there are zero pockets, not even back ones, which is super annoying but seems to be the norm with a lot of maternity pants unfortunately. 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake yaaaas! i got those, too and they are more comfortable than leggings for me!
  • Options
    Ugh side panel was great for the bloated bump but now that it is obvious, my bump looks weird unless I have a full panel! Maybe that will change as the bump grows and gets more firm... It does that, right? 
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    Does anyone have a cute bump accommodating dress pattern they’ve tried and liked? I’m in the mood to sew!
  • Options
    Revisiting this thread because it’s clear I’ll need to purchase clothes soon. So far, I bought a belly band from Target and I’ve managed to get by with my regular clothes. I’m not a fan of how the buttons on pants (mostly jeans) are visible through the band though, but thankfully wear more dresses than pants. A friend shared a box of her maternity clothes with me and there are a handful of items that fit, but most are sadly too big. I’m thankful there are at least a handful of items I can wear, though! 

So so curious about everyone’s purchases (especially those who order dresses and such online!) any faves worth posting?!? 
  • Options
    dash83dash83 member
    edited May 2018
    I’ve bought a few wrap style maxi dresses off Amazon. They aren’t maternity,  just sizing up. So far so good! Nice and cool for the summer, and feel with the v neck/ wrap style / empire waist it’s both flattering and gives room to grow. This one also has good reviews for post baby, ease for nursing. 

https://www.amazon.com/Zattcas-Womens-Sleeveless-Empire-Floral/dp/B01FVHUZFQ

• Options
    I got a lot of cute stuff from Motherhood.... I think I saw a post earlier that said it felt like their sizes seemed to fit small but I actually think they fit bigger?  I am normally a med and ordered everything med but some of the shirts and especially the dresses look huge on me
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @linssears4 - I had a similar experience with Motherhood Maternity.  I normally wear a 16/18/20 (depending on the clothing line), but I found several things in size XL at Motherhood Maternity that fit well and were flattering.  

I generally found that the garmets that were made from knit or jersey fabrics were fine.  But the ones that had non-stretchy fabrics pulled wrong in weird places.  (I could get them on, but clearly a size too small.)
  • Options
    @linssears4 that’s one of the main reasons I didn’t like most of the stuff from motherhood last time around - I find that almost everything (tops especially) are just too big on me. The pants aren’t too bad since they have more range of sizes, but I also just didn’t love the work pants I tried from there because they felt super cheap and scratchy to me. So far, I’m loving my old navy and pink blush stuff though! 
  • Options
    I've been going second hand stores and so far bought one motherhood dress in Large which is normally my size. I think the stretchy band might be stretched out so I'm going to by a belt for it so I don't like like I'm just wearing a bag lol 
    Other than that I've been buying dresses in my normal size and making sure they're stretchy material and when I get even bigger I'll buy some in XL. I'm really trying to stay away from maternity pants as long as I can lol
  • Options
    @mamabearcj If you have to wear pants at all, give in to the maternity pants!! They are so much more comfortable...I feel like I can actually eat and breathe lol! DH kept telling me to buy some when I would say I was uncomfortable, I finally gave in a few weeks ago and am so glad I did. I actually wished I had done it sooner! But I can’t get away with many dresses for work...

I love the Motherhood dress pants I got, they are soft and feel kind of like yoga pants (but have fake pockets). I tried a few on with the itchy type material but these ones I found are way better. I got two pairs of jeans and love the Jessica Simpson ones, but the other ones i got sag in my butt area, and i have a decent size one so ive never had that problem before. As for their tops...I agree they seemed pretty big to me too. I’m normally a small and their smalls were all way too big. I got a couple of xs t-shirts and even those give me plenty of room to grow. I just ordered some things from Pinkblush that are arriving today so I am excited to see how those fit!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    Re: motherhood sizing. Shirts I felt were true to size. But IMO the pants are tiny AF in the thighs. Certainly aren't cut for curvier thighs/butt. According to DH I have "large thighs for my size." (About 25" circumference for each thigh, if that helps anyone. Maybe mine are freakishly huge) I went up 1-2 sizes from normal and still couldn't get my leg in. I did not try the plus size line because it's online only and I was furious already at my in store experience, and didn't want to bother with ordering online and returning. Also, I felt the work pants were super scratchy.
  • Options
    @spartan4life I know I should I'm just fighting having to wear pants at all honestly!! But I'll need to soon I'm sure 
  • Options
    I got an email saying motherhood is having a sale on bras if anyone is interested!
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    Has anyone ordered from or even heard of binkish? I see ads on FB all the time and they have some adorable shirts! I’m a bit dubious though. Sorry I idk how to spoiler  
  • Options
    I agree with @jemmerjams about Motherhood sizing. I'm plus size again (after getting so much weight off and being skinny for years! Ugh!!) and I've got thick thighs and big hips even when I'm skinny. I had to go up a size in Motherhood pants vs the size I wear in Old Navy maternity pants. That was the only way to get them comfortable, but they felt baggy in places. There was no winning with their dress pants. And their plus size selection sucks in stores and wasn't much better online.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @krzyriver I feel weird loving your post, but know that I commiserate with you, and I'm not celebrating your pant struggles lol.
  • Options
    Weird I don't need dress pants but did pick up a silky pair at motherhood maternity and love them! They were on clearance so maybe they got away from soft fabrics for dress pants. 
  • Options
    @jynjer91 - Never heard of them, but will definitely have to check it out!
  • Options

@jynjer91 - Never heard of them, but will definitely have to check it out!

On second thought- after goggling “Binkish Reviews”, I think I won’t be this group’s test subject...
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    Me goggling:

driving road trip GIF