• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck @Mack2342!!!
  • Options
    @Mack2342 FX that this is your cycle!!!
  • Options
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    @ELeighMay the reminders coming out of the woodwork are the worst for me to, just like a slap in the face. I can prepare when I am going to have to tell someone, although at this point its not that often, but the surprise ones hurt.

@Mack2342 FX!!
  • Options
    Was supposed to have my HSG yesterday. Get to the hospital and get checked in and they tell me the order is in the system as “pending” and they’re going to call my OB’s office. They waited on hold for over an hour, just to be transferred to a voicemail. So at 4:30, after 2 and a half hours of waiting and the hospital trying to get in contact with my OB, the hospital sent me home without the test. I have to wait another cycle to get it done. 

Needless to say I am now searching for another OB, who’s office actually responds when a friggin’ hospital is calling! Stayed in bed all evening watching Gilmore Girls and feeling sorry for myself and my crap luck. 
  • Options
    @leahcimmichael OMG! I am so frustrated for you! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @leahcimmichael I'm so sorry,  I'd be pissed! Your OB doesn't have an on-call number? That's BS, and more stress you didn't need. 
  • Options
    @leahcimmichael that's so frustrating! I'm so sorry... That had to be so disappointing. Ugh. Great choice of show to watch though!
  • Options
    @leahcimmichael Wow how annoying!!! Hopefully you can find a more responsive OB!
  • Options
    Omg @leahcimmichael how horrible. Sorry you had to go thru that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's horrible @leahcimmichael
  • Options
    @leahcimmichael That is so terrible! Hopefully you are not benched?
  • Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone! <3  I’m not benched, so we still get to try this cycle. But, man, it took everything I had not to cry from frustration in the waiting room when they told me what was going on. 
    I reached out to a local friend who went through IF stuff a few years back. She gave me a good recommendation for an OB. So I’ll be calling them first thing next week to switch practices . I don’t have the time nor patience to mess around with these fools. Onward and upward! 
  • Options
    @leahcimmichael that is horrible! Glad you know of a good dr to switch to!
  • Options
    UGH! I'm so sorry @leahcimmichael! That is super frustrating. But I like your attitude about it!
  • Options
    *lurking from the bench - although technically trying to ovulate* 
    @leahcimmichael I am so sorry that this happened to you. I had similar things happening that pushed out month after month so I know how painful it is to be told that you need to wait. Thankfully you are not benched. I agree, if you feel that they are not making you a priority, find a new OB! 
  • Options
    I need to buy some OPKs this week as well as pre seed and red rasp leaf tea - FW BD will start this coming weekend.
  • Options
    vlagrl29 Me too! Have you used pre seed before? I just started looking into it and wondered if it's worth trying.
  • Options
    @ELeighMay @vlagrl29 I was just going to start using preseed as well. We got some free samples with some opk and i was going to give them a try this cycle. FX! 

Also this WTO seems longgggggg.....
  • Options
    Kath525 Agreed. I just looked at my cycle app this morning and was thinking, how is it only CD7? I don't want to lose time, I just want to fast forward this process each month. Like, can we all agree that there are two solid weeks we can safely just cut out? I'm not any more patient my 22nd cycle of TTC than I was my 2nd.
  • Options
    @EleighMay - yes I have.  Although when we conceived our loss I didn't use it go figure BUT I use it every time with BD during FW now cause it just can't hurt!  Anything to help the sperm get to the destination right?  I'm getting mine off amazon and thinking of getting those red rasp leaf capsules to add to all my pills.
  • Options
    vlagrl29 Maybe I should try it this cycle and see how it goes. With my DH's low count I need to help those little buggers as much as I can!
  • Options
    Do it! @ELeighMay I just eye ball the dosage but they come with applicators too.
  • Options
    Mack2342Mack2342 member
    edited October 2017
    I have always used pre-seed and been pregnant 3 times in 3 yrs.  first one was successful. I'm also 42 
  • Options
    We use pre-seed too. Can’t hurt!
  • Options
    I gotta get my head back in the BD game.  Should be getting pre seed on the 12th in the mail.  I like to buy frozen berries for smoothies to make at home well today I found a big bag of frozen berries, cherries, and kale.  That's pretty exciting news.  I'll have the best quality looking ovaries with everything I'm putting in my mouth.
  • Options
    I'm all over the state this week for training so I took a minute to swing into a Target. They carry preseed there! I had no idea it was a thing, much less so easily accessible. I'm ready to roll this cycle. Now I just need to jump DH's bones and we're good to go. I start OPK's tomorrow, and hope that like last month I get my smiley's when I'm supposed to. 

On a side note, during my three hour winding drive today I got to thinking about all the different areas everyone is from. What does fall look like where you are? Does everyone get the beautiful colors like I do here? Fall here looks exactly like you'd see in photos with the gold, orange and bright red leaves. I've never been anywhere else in the fall to compare, so I was just curious.
  • Options
    Fall is beautiful here in New England! We have all of the pretty colors as well!! 
  • Options
    We have pretty fall colors here in OH 
  • Options
    robyn2201robyn2201 member
    edited October 2017
    Ha! We have no fall here in So Cal. At least nothing like fall in Indiana where I grew up. It's one of the few things I miss. End of Nov it finally cools down and we get some trees that loose their leaves. It was 90 today. :(

Eta: the trees that do loose their leaves mostly just turn brown. Occasionally you see some that turn yellow but for some reason that type of tree hasn't been planted much around here. There are a couple on my MIL's street.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    I totally decorate for fall though! I made pumpkin cake the other day when it was 97. So even though we don't get a real fall here, we still pretend it's fall. :)

• Options
    I'm in the Midwest and trees are just starting to turn here I love it! 

Good news we got today was getting $1500 back on taxes! We had to file an extension this year. I'm putting it in savings in case we need RE services early next year. Hoping I don't need it and that money can go to my hard wood floor fund.
  • Options
    @robyn2201 I'm pretty certain I'd melt! Ick.

@Mack2342 I imagine OH is a similar fall to MN.

@vlagrl29 Yay for refunds! I used to love getting a refund until I married a self-employed guy. No more refunds for me. :(
  • Options
    @ELeighMay it's is similar weather.   I grew up in MI and it's even more similar 

@vlagrl29 always great to get a refund especially if it not expected. We have had to pay the last two years and it sucks.  Hopefully we have adjusted all our deductions enough that we break even next year 
  • Options
    I'm in WA state and it's gorgeous here. All the beautiful fall colors, I love it! I used to live in southern CA and there was no change in seasons at all. 

@ELeighMay I used to love getting a refund too, now both me and DH are self-employed. So instead, we have to pay our quarterly taxes every 3 months :( and have really sucky health insurance.
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    @ELeighMay - we are both self employed and usually don't get money back so I surprised to hear.  Only thing I can think is we didn't make much last year because dh was building his new studio to work out of.

@fishee333 were you not able to get an ACA plan? We've been on it for 4 years now. 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 We do have an ACA plan, Lifewise Connect, and it's aweful. $3000 deductible, $800 per month, high copays, and a lot of stuff isn't covered. I even had to pay out of pocket to take my daughter to an urgent care center on a Sunday.  I changed plans the past year for some reason, and I guess I chose poorly. The year before, my ACA plan was decent but still not great compared to the insurance plans from DH's company when he worked full time for someone else. I'm counting down the days until I can choose a new plan for next year. If you have a good ACA plan and are willing to share what you have, please do, I could use some advice. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry you have a crappy plan @fishee333 - I know it can vary from state to state and depend on what your income is.  We use our net income every year on our joint filed 1040.  The first couple years we were with coventry with a max family OOP at $4000 and paid around $150 per month in premium.  At that time that was the best insurance we ever had.  We've been with blue cross the last 2 years and they've been amazing.  Currently we have a family max OOP at $1100 and pay $219 a month.  Last year we only paid $90 in premium a month for max oop $1,000.  Oh if only we had gotten pregnant and had a baby on either of those plans!  Every year at least 1 insurance company leaves the marketplace.  Blue cross won't come back for 2018 so looks like we will be left with Cigna which we've never had so I hope they are a good company.

Just make sure you are using your net income not your gross.  As self employed people you need to use your net whereas if you worked with a company in corporate america you use you gross.  We have 3 in our family on the same plan.