TTC After a Loss

October WTO

New month, new chance! Hoping that we ALL get our BFPs in October!!!

I’m on CD2 and AF is apparently waging war on my cervix. My heating pad is my best friend today! 

Re: October WTO

• I can't believe it's October already! CD 6 for me. I told DH he has to be extra sweet and supportive this month- it's our EDD on the 31st. I guess his way of being supportive was starting to BD today- let the marathon begin! 

Its our 5th year wedding anniversary next weekend. Time flies. Good timing with FW. FX for a good month ahead for all of us. 

@leahcimmichael sorry about cramps. I hope they go away soon. 
  • I guess I am still here, based on the US on Thursday (follicle size not there yet) and the first response opk (super dark yesterday). I tried using the clear blue digital this month and temping and got a positive a day of US and a temp rise the next day, but my OB said that it defenitely hasn't happen yet . She recommended to stop temping and use opk that I used when I got BFP and just stop being a crazy person, especially that so far I have super regular cycles and had no problems with getting pregnant the first time. Easy to say, hard to implement ! I just hate being the exception from the rule when the most trusted opk don't work for me (i really think it's because I have a high baseline LH, I would say my positive is the line that is waaay darker than control) and I guess my temps are doing their own thing as well. I will just stick to BD EOD until cd 18 (I have 28 day cycles), I am cd16 now, so almost there. Not temping anymore, since I would wake up anxious every morning while doing that. 

@leahcimmichael I found that moderate exercise (like hiking) would help with my cramps, plus 2 pills of advil. Awful menstruation pains were the reason why I was on a birth control for 10+ years, and unfortunately my AFd started getting more painful again. 

@jchpg I am sorry about your EDD approaching, maybe October is your month tho!
    Happy anniversary! We will have the 8th aniversary of "being together" in November. It took us only 7 years to get married :) I hope that we won't have to wait that long for a baby !!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @aga31 thanks! It took us a while to get married too- we were together for 7 years before getting married! I always knew I wanted to be married for a few years before having a baby- but I'm over that now! FX for both of us it's our month!

• I'll be here soon. Day 2 of pre AF spotting
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @aga31 Ugh! Exercise. Why is that always the answer? Why can’t the answer be wine and pizza. Lol. I did the Advil though and am feeling a little better! 
  • Our 8th anniversary is Tuesday! Dh proposed after 11 months of dating.
  • Sigh... I'm still here, at CD20. Last month I O'd on CD22, so hopefully getting close. Been using cheap opks and the line is pretty dark, but not a dark as the control line, and my temp hasn't risen yet. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @robyn2201 I am also a late o'er and it is such a b*tch to wait! between 22 and 28(!!!) for me the few months I've been keeping track.
  • I'm on CD 9.  Have US today so we'll see where my follicles are at
  • I guess I should be here, even though I jumped over to TWW last week after thinking i o’d. FF has given me CH but then after a lot of rocky temps, it took them away late last week. So now I’m here wondering if I still have a chance to o, or if I’m basically out this cycle and it will just be an an-o cycle. I wish my body would just get back to “normal” already. 

@jchpg happy anniversary! 

@aga31 I feel like temping makes me wake up anxious too... it’s helpful on the one hand, but definitely stresses me out a bit. 

@leahcimmichael I think that wine and pizza is the answer... plus the Advil :wink: glad your cramps eased up a bit. 

@vlagrl29 happy early anniversary to you!

@robyn2201 ugh, I feel you on the long cycles. Sucks to have to wait so long to o. Hope you o soon! 

@Mack2342 gl at your US today!
  • officially here now CD1 - Going to pull up my old FF app for this month.
  • Great update @Mack2342!! Good luck this cycle! 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @Mack2342 Good luck this cycle! 

I think I am moving to tww, since I am past the opk peak. See you all there!
  • Thanks ladies.  

FX @aga31
  • AAAnnnnddddd, I'm here. *sigh CD1 - BRING IT OCTOBER!
  • I got my HSG scheduled for this Friday!!! Has anyone here had one before? What should I expect? 
    Im hoping for some of the HSG “magic” I’ve read about!

• CD 3 today so I'm here too. It's going to be so weird to not have any b/w or u/s this month so I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way. TBH, I prefer the IUIs because it takes the stress out of everything and the pressure to BD - we can just BD when we want and not have to worry about temping, OPKing, etc. etc. Not going into this cycle with high hopes of getting KU on our own, but it's not impossible, I suppose. 

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @ELeighMay sorry for CD1.  It sucks to start another month.  But hopefully this is last one

@leahcimmichael I've not had one but I hope all goes well

@tosh24 I know what you mean about IUI taking out stress.  For the 1st 3 I just let the IUI do its work but of course nothing and I'm still here so for the past two cycles I have temped and used OPKs to see if they match the meds and what Dr says is O day.  Last one it matched up.  I guess I feel like since it didn't work maybe it not that exact so I had to add that stuff back in. I'm doing it again this cycle so we shall see.  I have one more IUI so I'm hoping one of these two work.   I might be able to get one more since I will have enough meds for another but don't know 
  • Mack2342 Thanks, I hope more of us are out of here this month. I am super hopeful that my DH's infertility meds will kick in and make the magic happen this cycle. FX
  • lurking from the bench: 
    @leahcimmichael I have had one... fairly easy. Just a little cramping/spotting. For me it was painless, but the similar SHG (why so close to HSG acronym?) I had a lot of painful cramping with and it wiped me out for the rest of the afternoon. I'm guessing the magic is that it wipes everything clean and people get pregnant right after the procedure? I unfortunately can't comment on that part because we've been strictly benched until we found out what the issue was. Best of luck and hope for an all clear :)
  • @ELeighMay sorry for CD1. Good luck this cycle! FX your DH’s meds help!

@tosh24 GL to you this cycle too! 

CD25 for me here and still waiting for something... I’ve been having fertile CM the last few days, so I’m hoping for a temp spike soon. But I’ve already been at this point already this cycle, so who knows... 
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited October 2017
    @leahcimmichael I haven't had an HSG, only an SHG (twice - one I didn't feel at all and the other one was painful for about 12-24 hours after). But, there was a study recently that determined that having an HSG done with an oil-based solution is more effective in terms of it's pregnancy "magic" than when an HSG is done with a water-soluble dye. They found that 40% of women with unexplained IF were pregnant within 6 months of having an oil-based HSG, which is an insanely huge number. I'd ask your doctor about having the HSG done with the oil. And if s/he dismisses you, you can reference the research which was published in a peer-reviewed medical journal (The New England Journal of Medicine).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1612337

Here are a couple of article summaries:

https://obgynupdated.blogspot.ca/2017/05/hysterosalpingography-with-oil-based.html

https://theconversation.com/study-confirms-flushing-blocked-fallopian-tubes-can-improve-fertility-and-reduce-need-for-ivf-77627

Edited to fix typo

TFAS since 2012

• @ELeighMay FX DHs med work! 

@pumpkinpancake so your body can gear up for O and then something happens that pushes it back like stress and then you might O later or not at all
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    @ELeighMay - you are 1 day behind me!  FW for me aka EOD BD starts friday the 13th!

@leahcimmichael - I had an HSG back in December.  Some people say it hurts but it was really easy for me.  Unfortunately clearing out the tubes did not get me pregnant.

Rant since last night I've occasionally had these muscle twinges in my lower abdomen and it totally reminds me of little baby kicks.  gah!  I have no idea why this is happening.
  • I’m kind of behind on here so trying to catch up. Not really here yet since AF hasn’t started BUT all BFN so I will be here soon. This is why I hate progesterone but oh well right? 

Anyway @leahcimmichael I had cramping for a few hours but no magical pregnancy but I have def heard it works for some people!!! 

@vlagrl29 I have read that women sometimes experience those twinges. I will try to find the article about it. 
  • vlagrl29 Yep I told DH he needs to step up his game this month (jokingly of course, like he has any control either). He said he was going to set the bar higher this month and really go all out on his duties. I had to laugh, like there's anything romantic left in this process at this point. Seriously, if we can't joke about it we're going to go insane. 
  • I agree - romance is out the window @ELeighMay - even though we are giving more effort I'm nervous I'll just be let down again but gotta keep on trucking right?

@sprkls8506 - it's like the eye twitch that you get if you're too stressed out but its in a muscle in my abdomen lol.
  • @vlagrl29 yes that is what the article is about. Someone posted on fb awhile ago so I will have to hunt it down. I’ve  experienced it as well!! It’s so weird!!! 
  • I don't want to dr google it because it will say i have cancer probably lol @sprkls8506
  • @vlagrl29 hahaha!! I know right?!?
  • vlagrl29 OMG, that's exactly why I don't google stuff. I'm immediately about to die of some 1% disease. LMAO
  • Nurse called back and OB is fine waiting until about 7dpo for prog test. Looks like that might be on the 25th.
  • So ever since my loss, I have been mid-cycle cramping for a couple of days prior to ovulation. In my several years of ttc and charting, I have never had this. So weird how it can change your cycles. It's getting annoying. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• aga31aga31 member
    edited October 2017
    @vlagrl29 you mentioned that you would still get a period with your bfp, how do you know when to test then?
    I apologize if i'm being too intrusive, but I always wondered about women who didn't know they were pregnant. 
  • I know it's kinda weird @aga31 - I usually never test.  I thought it was just a 1 time thing with DD but then it happened again when I got pregnant with our loss so it has to be a pattern right?  Just how my body works I guess.  With DD I was so sick before a BFP I was peeing on everything and it kept coming back negative until I hit 4 weeks.  With the loss I felt totally normal and the only reason I tested was for a prog test - I kept getting multiple pos OPKs which was not like me so I took a preg test on the 3rd day of that and it was 4 weeks.  Honestly if I hadn't of tested on OPKs I wouldn't have known as early as I did.  So since I'll be using OPKs the rest of this year I'm sure if I get a blaring positive on CD12 then I'll know something is up.  I know it's not positive on CD8 because that's when I had my HSG in december and I tested that morning to make sure I wasn't.  So that's why I think I'm a late implanter.  Both OBs I've tried to explain this too take forever to really understand me.
  • @vlagrl29 That's so crazy!!!! Thanks for explaining. I hope that I won't have such a crazy pattern, because I am planning to get drunk when my next AF shows up. I really hope that when it happens (if it happens...) I will have the same mild symptoms and no bleeding whatsoever, but either way it will be nerve racking after loss.
  • @aga31 - It's my little weird body!  It's the main reason I never test early like you guys because I always get a normal flow.  Also I figure my body will know and I will start feeling odd.  When I got pregnant the first time my doctor even did a blood test that came back negative.  AND it's why I'm scared to take clomid because my luck I would be pregnant, not know it, take clomid and then kill an embryo.  never can i forgive myself for that.
  • but you did turn the test positive at 4weeks, right? so that's when you get your period anyway. 
    I don't test early, because I don't need extra stress of detecting CPs, which my doctor said are extremely common.