December 2017 Moms

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• @leighawilson91 I'm not 100% sure but I've only ever seen people get NT scans at 12 weeks. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @leighawilson91 My doctor doesn't do another ultrasound till around 20 weeks. I found a place close to me called Stork Vision, and I plan on going there for another ultrasound around 12-13 weeks. It is even cheaper than my doctors office, only $75 and you get 2-5 photos.

Lilypie - sZQ1
  • Loading the player...
  • @AMCsquared yes. I agree. Lol. My at home doppler should be arriving 2mor  :# Gosh I hope I can figure it out. The videos on you tube and the reviews make it seem like I should have no problem lol
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @ShyTonia I fought the urge to buy one last pregnancy but now I'm all tempted again. I will be so stressed out though if I couldn't hear the Hb. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dkizz82 DH is the worst with holding in surprises. I mentioned a little bit ago that I thought they were interesting but that was it. Then last week he was oh look what I ordered you!  :# I'm scared but excited at the same time. Next drs appt is Friday (only doppler,12w scan is the 23rd) oh the anticipation. 
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @ShyTonia haha. Let me know if you like it. I don't have another scan til 20 weeks.  :( the wait is hard 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dkizz82 will do girly! When was your last scan?
  • @dkizz82 I just found a local ultrasound place by me that seems pretty cool. I could go in right now and get an US for 40$! Omg I need to stop. Lol It's called cherished memories ultrasound. 
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @ShyTonia last scan was 6.3. He doesn't do a 12 week scan. There's a place here that will do gender at 14 weeks for $65. We'll probably do that. Well DH says no, but I'll overrule him.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Amazing @breezybee and totally understandable why you would be freaking out!! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @breezybee yay! Congratulations 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @breezybee Congrats Mama! That's awesome!
  • whoa @breezybee, that's amazing!
  • Congrats @breezybee! Sending positive vibes your way! 
  • vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited May 2017
    So I had my ultrasound yesterday and it was super unpleasant. They stuck with my 12/6 due date, at least. We met with the genetic counselor as well and aside from MaterniT21, there were a minimum of 18-36 other disorders she wanted to screen both DH and I for (because his dad is Jewish and there are added risk factors). So after that appointment, we head in for my ultrasound with my "comfortably full" bladder and the tech says she wants to go transvaginally. I asked if she'd at least try abdominally first. She agreed and we got the briefest glimpse of our flailing little kicker and she showed us the heartbeat (183), but then told me to go empty my bladder. Yes boss. Transvaginal ultrasound showed us nothing. She couldn't get any good views and we left with no pictures. On top of that, my vagina STILL hurts from how rough she was. I almost asked her to stop because it was super super painful. I go back in a couple weeks for an NT scan and hopefully they'll just stick with abdominal.

Edited for spelling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @vvitchhazel Sorry it was so unpleasant. Maybe you can avoid that US tech altogether from here on out. 
  • @vvitchhazel I'm so sorry to hear about your US!  It is positive that they got a HB at least.  Maybe baby just wanted to be difficult today.. 
    Concerning the NT scan, I thought that this one was vaginal, but of course I could be wrong!  Sending hugs. 
  • @vvitchhazel. That's horrible. If she could see baby well enough to get the HB then she should have stuck with that. If it were me, I'd probably complain. 
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @ShyTonia yay! So exciting! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dkizz82 ((((hugs)))) sorry about last night how scary! But yay for today xoxo 
  • i had no idea the at home machines existed!
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • @AMCsquared I was just going to tell you lol! I got it on Amazon. It's called the Womb Music Baby Heart Monitor/Doppler. From what I hear a lot of DRs. do not recommend them because if you can't find the HB at home then it'll freak you out. I'm 11w2d today and was able to find it in under one minute, even faster after a couple spaced out tries. Don't get me wrong it is definitely hard to find it at first and I can see women getting impatient but man when you find it, it's the coolest feeling/sound ever!
    you have to move suuuuuper slow and be still. I recorded it on my phone and sent it to my hubby at work! He thought it was unbelievable! 

• I have the Sonoline fetal Doppler. This will be the 4th baby to be heard on it. I loaned it to my two best friends when they were pregnant it was one of the most suggested at home dopplers.
  • I went for my 11 week appointment and they couldn't find the heartbeat with a Doppler. So I ended up with a very quick, unofficial ultrasound. From these pics, I don't know if I'm having a dinosaur or an alien....lol. Heartbeat was 170.  
  • whiskawhiska member
    @tamalahoops It's a great sign you heard a healthy heartbeat and he's measuring right on track. I'm sorry the appointment wasn't 100% reassuring for you. I've used this paper (page 6) a lot to compare my stats to the average and percentiles for my dates. 8wks for example = 56 days. Took me a while to figure that out!

https://www.fetalmedicine.com/synced/fmf/2010_27.pdf

Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @dkizz82 Im so glad everything turned out ok!
  • @tamalahoops I'm so glad your little man was measuring on track. Fx your gestational sac continues to grow. When do you go back?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 my re was not concerned at all and graduated me to my ob today. I don't have another appt until June 8th so I am freaking out a little.
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @eazybreezy225 hey new due date buddy! I (think I) see a face on your ultrasound! How cute! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• dkizz82dkizz82 member
    Omg @eazybreezy225 that little face. I love it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker