May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.27 - 3.31

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.27 - 3.31

• @Hansolosparka I've actually had 3 eye surgeries due to muscle issues and have a lazy eye. I had glasses when I was younger, yep the big ones from the 80s @starphish18! I didn't need glasses for vision issues when I was younger. As I got older, more so in college and grad school, did I notice my vision going. They said that was due to so much back and forth looking far away to down at my notes and well age haha so now I wear them for that and could have surgery again for the lazy eye, but it would just be cosmetic. People really only notice it when I'm tired or sick. I'm sure you're little guy will be just fine and look adorable! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @clebl24 I laughed at "crawfish boiling set" that's great! I had no idea they made something like this! But that's a good idea putting things like that away until they ask for them. Right now we're getting by with about 15 stuffed animlas being dragged into the main room. Which I will painfully sit there and make her put them away one by one as she fights it.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Should we start the discussion of labor buddies? We have some ladies approaching 35 weeks this and I know some scheduled for deliveries in the next week or two (@Kipperoo I think is next week?). It's about to get busy with babies up in here!
    Yes! 

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @chickyclg sorry you can't attempt a VBAC. Glad you have a exit date scheduled! Ah! So crazy. 
  • Random - if anyone needs a good belly laugh in the third tri, here are a few things that have made me laugh since DD's pregnancy:

The Ugly Volvo -- https://www.theuglyvolvo.com/
    Father_of_daughters on Instagram
    Pregnant Chicken - https://pregnantchicken.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I have a question on contractions/BH... with DD I didn't have any until the day I went into labor.

If you have your stomach tighten with no pain whatsoever.... you just happen to feel your stomach with your hand and its all tight. Is that "technically" a contraction? Is this the difference between BH and an "real" contraction? My OB says to call or go to L&D if you have more than 4 contractions in an hour, i'm just trying to determine if the tightening without any other signs should be counted or not...

**I will clarify with him at my appt this week, but I thought someone here might be able break down BH vs. "Real" Contractions for me!

Forgive my stupidness on this, I'm just really struggling to understand the difference!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh goodness I had completely forgotten about labor buddies. I never signed up for that last time and am not sure whether to this time.

• @BeachMommy2B  Yup that sounds like Braxton Hicks.  Mine kind of make it hard to breathe/move but don't hurt at all. I tend to get them in the evenings too- always around the same time. 
  • @BeachMommy2B I think of contractions as being painful and regular. I've had lots of BH this time around which are more sporadic, not organized into any patterns, and for the most part not painful (sometimes the pressure can be a little uncomfortable, especially if I have to pee).  
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • @BeachMommy2B It sounds like BH.  My doctor said no more than 5 BH an hour for 2 hours while resting.  If I have more than that, I'm to call in. But honestly, my uterus is always very active with BH when pregnant. I don't think I've hit that limit yet, but I sort of space out on them because it happens so often.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • How do labor buddies work? I was a lurker last time so I didn't participate or pay any attention to the process. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @BeachMommy2B It sounds like BH.  My doctor said no more than 5 BH an hour for 2 hours while resting.  If I have more than that, I'm to call in. But honestly, my uterus is always very active with BH when pregnant. I don't think I've hit that limit yet, but I sort of space out on them because it happens so often.
    This exactly. It sounds like you are having BH, @BeachMommy2B. I have had a lot so I always ask about them at my appointments. I got told the 5/hr and 10/2hr rule. The most common reversible cause is dehydration so drink up if you think you need to. I have several every day but never more than 2-3/hr tops and I have certain positions that seem to trigger them. 
  • Bending over sucks and trying to kneel on your knees? Ha! Too much extra weight on me for that. I either bend completely at the waist (I know, not best for back) or plop on my butt. To get up I have to turn on all fours then rise. I cant buckle my shoes, I cant paint my toes...
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @BeachMommy2B so in my birthing class this weekend they said to try the following and see if contractions slow down and stop and then it would mean they weren't real:
    - change of activity (like go for a walk or lie down on your side depending what you were doing when they were happening)
    - drink plenty of water
    - put your feet up and relax

also they shouldn't be getting closer together or longer.
  • @BeachMommy2B so in my birthing class this weekend they said to try the following and see if contractions slow down and stop and then it would mean they weren't real:
    - change of activity (like go for a walk or lie down on your side depending what you were doing when they were happening)
    - drink plenty of water
    - put your feet up and relax

also they shouldn't be getting closer together or longer.
    Yes, this is what my Dr. told me. I've only had them a couple times now and sometimes they felt long and I definitely had several in an hour. They did not get closer together though and  obviously went away.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I'm on the fence about labor buddies. Being a mobile bumper I feel like I would be able to update but I also would not be against participating. Someone remind me how it all goes down...? 
  • Thanks everyone, so by what everyone said i'm assuming BH. It was just the 1 that felt really tight when I touched my belly, so obviously nothing to worry about.

BabyFruit Ticker

• It's been a busy two days so sorry for not responding individually to many of you! 

I do have a question though. I started having pain in what I can only imagine is my symphysis pubis about a week or two ago. It hurts most when shifting my weight from side to side - putting in pants while standing up is the worst as I have to stand on one leg, but rolling over in bed is pretty uncomfortable depending how I roll and transitioning out of a chair from sitting to standing doesn't feel so great either. 

Is this SPD? I would think the pain is not severe enough to equate as I know our mommas with SPD aware pretty uncomfortable to the point of near or true physical disability. I mentioned it to my Dr at my apt last week but it was more mild then and she seemed unimpressed. 
    Any tips/tricks to making the pain better? Exercises I can do, etc? It's difficult at work since I have such a physical job. For now I can work through it but I also don't want to make things any worse by ignoring it. 
  • bacorrea said:
    hp_momma said:
    I don't mind if others want Labor Buddies, but I'll probably opt out as I'm like @Kipperoo and just super bad with texting any updates in the first place! I definitely plan to keep everyone posted and I'm a 99% mobile bumper so I don't foresee any issues there! 
    Same! 
    Just saw this and I feel the same.

I had a Labor Buddy with my DD and I was due in the beginning of the month and she was due in the end. After I had DD life got crazy and I wasn't able to keep up with the board or her to know when she was in labor.

So I'll opt out as I don't feel like I can commit to being a good labor buddy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @ShadeofGreen816 Sounds super similar to my SPD. There are some stretches you can do to help but the one I find most helpful is when getting out of bed. Turn your legs to the side off the bed first and then get up instead up trying to sit up in bed first. I also find that sitting propped up on pillows and then my legs flat out in a frog position seems to stretch my hips/pelvis out the most. So sorry your dealing with this! With DD1 I had it and was still teaching, towards the end of the pregnancy I resorted to rolling around in the office chair around my classroom because it hurt so much!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @ShadeofGreen816 this sounds very similar to what's been happening to me, and I am so sorry you are going through this pain as well! I asked last week and got some good advice that has been helping some: sitting with legs together, trying to keep pelvis balanced whenever possible (I.e. Getting out of bed with both legs) and I also have a support belt on the way through insurance that I'm hoping will offer some relief. My doctor was also less than impressed and basically told me to suck it up, but I pushed it a little.  I know you can order them online as well! 

I have nothing new to add about BH, but I think that definitely sounds like what you are having! Water and rest usually slow mine down!
  • I had a labor buddy with DD, and we ended up being good friends. I'm fine with whatever the group decides, but it was a good experience for me. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Do you then run into problems like someone mentioned where you're busy with your new baby and forget to report?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Along the same lines of labor buddies, are we doing individual labor threads for each person? One big "All things Labor" thread that everyone reports to when they are in labor (if they want)? 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @ShadeofGreen816  - I'm dealing with the same issue right now. It's terrible. I called my doctor about it yesterday and chatted with his nurse. She told me it MIGHT be SPD, but to try a few things before my appointment next week to see if there were improvements. I got a few different ideas from her, which might be helping. I'm not positive since I still hurt, but it might be slightly better than yesterday. LOL.

Here's what she gave me:

1 - tucking your pelvis when you walk/stand. Have you ever done a barre class? They always tell you to "tuck" and so that's what I've been making an effort to do when I walk. I think it's basically a Kegel on steroids. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-qLnlTx5io

2- When possible, sit cross legged but don't cross your ankles. It will help to open the pelvic area some. If it's not SPD and it's just a tight hip/pelvic area, this will help.

3- Hip opener stretches. I have a yoga video that has a section specifically for that. Last night I was almost in tears doing the stretches, but I think I slept better and I only yelped a little when I got up this morning. After sitting for an hour at the office, though, all the pain was back. This is a link to the section of the DVD I use: https://www.acacia.tv/video/hilaria-baldwin-mom-to-be-prenatal-yoga-hip-openers/

4- Seeing a chiro.

Also what others said about getting out of bed with both legs, etc!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Big labor thread vote!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Big labor thread vote here, too! 

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • hp_momma said:
    Along the same lines of labor buddies, are we doing individual labor threads for each person? One big "All things Labor" thread that everyone reports to when they are in labor (if they want)? 
    Personally I would lean toward a big labor thread. And obviously individual birth story threads if people want or they can post a detailed birth story in the birth announcement thread. There will be several of us that have some false alarm labors and it seems silly to have them all over the board. 
    That's what I was thinking too! Just thought I'd throw the idea of what we were doing out there, I'm a planner lol 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Another vote for the big labor thread! 

@MrsFreeman2010 what you said abiut labor buddies sound about right! I also vaguely remember requests to be buddies with someone that lived closer or in the same time zone or whatever. And there were some that were in group of 3s instead of just 2. 

• KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited March 2017
    Do you then run into problems like someone mentioned where you're busy with your new baby and forget to report?
    I think we did it just randomly so some were far apart from each other and some were close. A couple disappeared after their babies were born, and they just picked a reg who didn't have a LB or one who didn't mind having 2 and connected with them to get a new LB. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17