Infertility

February IUI

Re: February IUI

• @junicek you are a spring chicken to me! :)

TW... I can maybe make you feel better in that I conceived DD at 38-1/2 and everything was healthy and fine. As to your question, I'm now 42, will be 43 in September so feeling a lot of pressure...timewise, financially, we are moving out of state in June and have insurance before then that would cover IUI, etc. So I guess lots of overwhelming stuff to a sensitive worrier like myself. Thanks for listening!
  • junicekjunicek member
    edited February 2017
    @Momifbysea How did you conceive your DD? That's pretty tough to be facing a move in addition to the other stresses you are managing. My DH's cousin conceived a son at 43 naturally and she has two uteruses! Things some people overcome are truly inspiring 
  • Loading the player...
  • TW: @junicek it was naturally, cycle 2. We now realize what a miracle that truly was!

Ive never heard of two uteruses, wow! You are so right, the things people overcome are amazing. Somehow we find the strength within. And of course, a good support system like this really helps on those tough days.
  • This morning fmu I got a negative HPT at 12dpiui  and having AF cramps, so think I am out but will keep you posted on the blood test results on Tuesday :( 
  • @Imagin99 I'm sorry for your bfn.
  • @Imajin99 I'm so very sorry. It hurts when you get the BFN and then still have to go for blood test. Thinking of you. 
  • @Momifbysea @junicek  Thanks for the support.

I just started AF this afternoon a few days early, just really upset right now :(
  • I'm on progesterone suppositories. Will I still get my period if I'm not pregnant? Or do I have to stop taking them to get my period? 
  • wabash15wabash15 member
    edited February 2017
    @amanda_1182 it depends some women won't get their period until a few days after they stop the progesterone, Others like me it comes anyways.  Sorry its not a more helpful answer. Usually your doc wants you to test at 14dpIUI and if neg stop but I'd call them for specific instructions.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @bestofjoy - That is so hard - I'm sorry!  My closest friend is very pregnant and keeps telling me "helpful" things like that she'd give me some of her fertility if she could, she doesn't know why she gets pregnant so easily (her 3rd baby in 2 years is due in 2 weeks).  And she KNOWS what we're going through.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @Imajin99 - I am so sorry.  <3

[spoiler]

• So sorry @Imajin99 . I haven't brought myself to test yet. Waiting for blood test on Tuesday. I've had off and on cramps today but using progesterone suppositories so not sure if that is delaying AF.
  • Me - my bloodwork on Friday showed I was surging, so they rescheduled my IUI from Sunday to Saturday.  FI had his best sample yet - they said he had 54mil which was "over 100 mil" post wash, and 45% motility.  That was exciting - I think he had something like 36 mil last IUI.

I feel like the world's biggest baby.  Last month's IUI was very painful and I bled fairly heavily all day.  I think she was just a little too aggressive with the giant Q-Tip.  This month, it was still painful but bearable, and I really mostly just spotted on and off.  HOWEVER - I was in so much pain as the day went on, I could barely stand by late afternoon. Everyone else seems to find IUI's "uncomfortable" but holy hell, they're painful for me!

Random vent - I'm annoyed that they had me buy the $70 hcg trigger shot and I didn't even use it.

[spoiler]

• pawcallpawcall member
    edited February 2017
    Updated chart:

Good luck with your testing, @helloitstrisha , @Eternalyte , @amanda_1182 , @bpietronicco !

Patient wishes to my fellow TWWers - @Momifbysea , @Knottie83687999 , @Londonsmom , @SoonToBeMommaHowe!

Hope you get that IUI in ASAP, good luck with your US @Manders85 !

@krystal_istal - what ended up happening with your shrinking follies?  Are you able to move forward with IUI?  Delay?

@bestofjoy - I know you're not feeling optimistic, but i think it's really smart to keep IUIing while you wait for your FET.  Good luck!!!

[spoiler]

• Imajin99Imajin99 member
    edited February 2017
    @pawcall Thank-you. Keeping FX crossed for you, sounds promising!
    @amanda_1182 I was on prog supp this month for the first time.  I actually got AF two days before blood HCG test. Not sure if the same will happen in your case.

Best of luck ladies with the IUI and 2 ww.
  • liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited February 2017
    @Manders85 Thank you! Exactly, I also sometimes fall into the "maybe God thinks we shouldn't procreate" trap (I really hope it's false). Some ignorant people may even say that our genes are faulty or something. But I know this is not true. Endometriosis and so many other conditions, including "egg quality" have nothing to do with "genes", they are medical conditions. 

• @junicek Thanks, lady! I'm sorry for your BFN, it sucks so badly :( But focusing on the next step/cycle is always a bit better. 
  • liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited February 2017
    @Momifbysea I'm so sorry you are under so much stress. I think we all IVFers have been there! Don't be afraid of the shots, they are not bad and you can always have husband or a hired nurse administer them to you. I know I had the same feelings at the beginning (ethical/religious issues, fear of meds side effects, etc) but to be honest, the process was easier than anticipated. I really think it is worth it (and you can perhaps ask for a mini-IVF or even natural IVF if you are afraid of side-effects, although it may not be the best route for you). 
    My mom was also lukewarm when I told her about IVF so since then I kept the details hidden from everybody (including family and close friends). They only know I'm doing "some" treatment but have no idea what. 

@pawcall Thank you, lady. Regarding the pain of IUI, my first one was easy breezy, this one was really painful because my cervix was up or something so she had to use different speculums. Immediately after I had really bad cramps, and I had to walk and drive for 2 hours after. I also had mild cramps the following days. But I'm not complaining, the IVF post-retrieval process is much more challenging (if you get OHSS). 
  • amanda_1182amanda_1182 member
    edited February 2017
    BFN this morning, 14dpiui. :( I was really hopeful this month. DH's count was amazing! I had 2 good sized follies. We did everything right! Yet, still a MFBFN. I still haven't started my period, but I'm on progesterone suppositories so I think that's why. Best of luck to everyone still in the game and big hugs to those who also got BFN's this month. 
  • @bestofjoy thank you so much for your support, you have no idea how much it means. :)

@amanda_1182 I'm so sorry for your bfn. It sucks every time.

To everyone still in the TWW, I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best!
  • Sorry for the BFNs @lmajin99 & @amanda_1182.

And sorry you're feeling so anxious about IVF @Momifbysea. We are a few months out from thinking about IVF but thinking about all the  needles & injections makes my head spin. I don't even like getting my blood drawn. I'm sorry you're going through this <3

@pawcall I also paid for a trigger shot ($100 Ovidrel) and didn't end up using it :-1: Looks like we are cycle twins, I'll be taking an HPT on 3/11 also. Today I feel very fortunate that the first half of the TWW typically goes by pretty quickly for me but I'm sure once I hit this weekend time will come to halt and I'll be going insane. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @amanda_1182 - I am so sorry, it's so hard when you feel like you did EVERYTHING right that cycle.  It feels easier somehow when I can be like, oh, well, our timing wasn't great - or his sample was so/so.

@SoonToBeMommaHowe - I feel the same way - week one isn't too bad, I can handle it - but by 7-8dpo I am losing my mind!  Bummer on paying for the trigger - the nurse who called me actually said "it's okay, you can use it next month!"  I couldn't help myself, I know she meant well, but I was like "Well actually I'm hoping to be pregnant next month." :|

[spoiler]

• @amanda_1182  sorry my dear, I feel for you.  I had 3 good sized follicles and was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones and IUI would work on the first try.  I spent all evening sad and upset but today I am feeling more optimistic and ready to move onto the next cycle. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe Thank-you, good luck!

• @Imajin99 - I felt that way too, I think it's helpful that they get you right in for a baseline US so that it doesn't feel like you failed, and now you do nothing.  At my RE's office, anyway, they keep you moving.

[spoiler]

• pawcall said:
    Updated chart:

March 9th is bloodwork for me. I dont know how long until they come back with the bloodwork results though.  Thank you so much for taking the time to do this list! Your amazing!

• Gotcha!  My office gets blood results same day, hope yours is quick!

[spoiler]

• Imajin99Imajin99 member
    edited February 2017
    @pawcallThanks. I called the nurses at the clinic this morning and waiting to hear back to see next steps.
  • Hi ladies! Thanks for the updated chart, @pawcall and for tracking all of this for us!

Update for me: went in for an ultrasound and I have three large follies this time! 21.5, 18 and 16. My lining is thin at 4.8. They put me on estrace. Insemination is scheduled for Wednesday AM and we're triggering tonight! Ahh. So happy that we have big enough follies this time around and don't have to worry about stunting my follicle growth. So now I'm officially March IUI, March 1st! I'll post there too. :-/ fingers crossed my lining gets thicker and one of those follies is the one! 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• @Manders85 good luck to you!! Lots of baby dust!! 
  • Good luck @Manders85! I just had my blood work so now the long wait for the phone call this afternoon.
  • Ahhh @bpietronicco! Thinking of you. Let us know when it comes back. Baby dust and positive thoughts for you!
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Hey ladies!!! Happy Tuesday! What are you guys doing to stay sane during the TWW? I'm not testing until March 11th. Usually the beginning isn't bad but I'm counting the days. I wish we had a microscope to check what is going in inside of us.
    **Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • @Manders85 That's awesome. I had three big ones too!! FX for us!
    **Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • @Manders85 - so glad this cycle looks so much better!  GL!!!!

@bpietronicco - FX for you! 

[spoiler]

• @Londonsmom - I am so early in my 2ww - 3dpo - and I usually do okay until about 7dpo, at which point I can't stop myself from testing every morning like a crazy person.

This month I am hoping to stay a little saner - talking with you guys helps!

[spoiler]

• @bpietronicco FX for you on your testing!!!
  • @bpietronicco FX for good results!!

@Londonsmom & @pawcall sounds like we may be bad influences for each other! I'm hoping to make it to 10dpiui before testing, but part of me has already debated getting enough tests to do one a day from 7-14dpiui  :p
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @SoonToBeMommaHowe  & @pawcall  Im only 4dpiui. I might text at 10 days.. but for some reason this TWW cycle is hard. I log on every morning to chat with you guys and it does help!

**Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • The problem for me is that I have a huge stockpile of wondfo tests.  It is SO HARD not to use them.

[spoiler]

• My beta came back negative but I still don't have af yet, it's a few days late which is just cruel. I'll be moving over to ivf sometime in april. I wish you all the best of luck and will lurk around here if that's ok.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017