~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @junicek so sorry to hear you're out.
  • Options
    IUI #2 went well this morning. DH had a higher count this time at just over 5 million and motility was 48.4% and they like to see 50%, so pretty close! Now for my 18-day wait! Testing 3/13. I'll try not to go crazy...In the meantime, we have our IVF class this Saturday.
  • Options
    @junicek so sorry @Momifbysea good luck!
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited February 2017
    My IUI was #2, in the TWW now. Not holding much hope, so will not test. Sorry for all the BFNs :( But there are 2 BFPs in this month so that's great, congrats!
  • Options
    @bestofjoy - are you IUIing in between IVFs?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

[spoiler]

• Options

brooklyngirl18  sorry about the experience with the nurse.  This whole process is already so upsetting and frustrating that it doesn't help with the staff isn't great. I feel the same about the nurses at my clinic but I like the RE.  However, I may switch back to the first RE at a different clinic which felt a bit more friendly and informative.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

@junicek sorry to hear that. Hugs.

• Options
    @pawcall Yes, IUI'ing before FET :) 
    Good luck to those still in the TWW!!
  • Options
    Thank you for doing the chart!! The IUI went well, little cramping, slightly more painful then I expected, but I was told its normal. Now we wait.
  • Options
    Knottie83687999 Good luck for this cycle. I had my first IUI on Feb 14 and I felt it to be more painful then expected but the nurse did say she had a hard time finding my cervix so a lot of poking around.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, @junicek

update for me: I'm on day 6 of taking 100 mg of clomid. Hot flashes and headaches! Yuck! I have one more day tmw and then our ultrasound on 2/27. Depending on the result of hat ultrasound, I may go into the march IUI group! Fingers crossed I have a positive opk on 2/27, trigger and insemination is on 2/28! This will officially be the first round with IUI (last month we had to cancel)  and it's so helpful hearing from your experiences, so thank you for sharing. :) 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    Thinking of you @Manders85! I think what surprised at how quick the IUI procedure was! It was like one quick twinge when she was getting through my cervix but not bad at all. Good luck!
  • Options
    I tested this morning at 11dpo, BFN. i expected it and feel like i'm getting AF tomorrow, maybe even today. Now if the nurse at the RE office would just let me know if insurance approved ivf next cycle or not, I would be very grateful. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Sorry for the BFNs @brooklyngirl18 & @junicek.

I was delayed a little due to slow follicle growth, didn't get my surge til last night at 10:30pm on CD16. Going in tomorrow (cd18) at 7:15am for IUI #1. Hoping 32 hours between surge and IUI is fine! 

Good luck to everyone in waiting, I'll be jumping on the crazy train soon! I usually make it to 6dpo and then start going crazy. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    I caved last night at tested at 9dpiui and it was negative, nothing left from trigger shot and not showing signs of pregnancy.  I feel better prepared for the news of the blood test on Tuesday.  Will try to stay optimistic.
  • Options
    @Imajin99 sorry for the BFN, fx its just too early
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
  • Options
    So, recheck this morning for me.  I have two dominant follies (19mm and 20mm).  Lining is good at 10.4.  I'll trigger tonight and IUI Sunday morning.

*TW*

I am FREAKING out.  How does anyone do this?  I have sole custody of Mr. 6, and his dad has visitation on Sundays.  He usually does one overnight a month.  I asked if he could keep him overnight Saturday because I have to be at the hospital at 8:30, it's almost an hour away, oh and of course let's not forget the sample which has to be done at home.  Nope, he refuses.  So now I have to take FI's sample in on my own and have the IUI solo - I realize I sound like a baby, but I don't want to go alone! This sucks!  I felt crampy and miserable after last month's IUI and certainly didn't want to be driving anywhere, much less the hour home.  I haven't told my ex what we're doing, but I did tell him it's a medical issue and I could really, really use his help so that I don't have to be at the hospital alone.  His response - "sorry to hear this.  I'm fine with [Little 6] staying with [FI] while you do what you need to do."

[spoiler]

• Options
    @junicek  Im sorry!! Internet hugs your way!

**Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    Ladies I had my 2nd IUI this morning. Does anyone have a low AMH? Mine is extremely low. If this doesn't work, I think Im going to move to IVF. I had three mature follicles and DH had a 67 mil count. I prayed, let go and let God! Now the wait begins. Hope you ladies are enjoying this weather!!
    **Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    @wabash15  Im so sorry!!! Sending you hugs!!
    **Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    @londonsmom thats great that you had 3 big follies when you have a very low AMH! GL
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Imajin99Imajin99 member
    edited February 2017
    @LondonsmomI have a very low amh, it was .35 when it was tested last year.  What level is yours? I had my first IUI on February 14 and had 2 mature follicles  and another at 17mm which may have matured by the IUI. What med protocol were you on? My RE had put me on 225IU Menopur from Day 3-10.
  • Options
    @lmajin99 Mine is .011 :-1: My RE had me on 250mg of clomid. FX!!!
    **Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options
    @pawcall ugh I'm sorry your ex is such a deadbeat. You got this!! I've gone to two iuis solo because **TW WARNING** dh had to stay home with ds. It's not ideal but mine were so early in the morning, I didn't want to wake him up and drag him out of the house and drop him off that early. 
    @londonsmom good luck!

vent:
    I was under the impression I would be starting ivf next cycle pending insurance approval and kept wondering why no one was talking to me about any of this and finally i just found out they didnt even put the request to insurance in yet because there isn't room on the calendar til end of april or may. why didn't anyone think to mention this to me??? I was so hopeful to start next week. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18  Im so sorry they didn't communicate this. Sometimes I think they dont think about what we are going through and how sensitive this is. The communication of all information is critical. Do you like this fertility center, are there any others in your area?
    **Child mentioned**
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • Options

@brooklyngirl18  sorry hun, can you do another IUI for the upcoming month if you are interested on trying that again.

@londonsmom 3 follies on clomid with low AMH is an excellent result.  My RE was surprised I had 3 follies and I was on the Menopur injections. FX

• Options
    thanks @londonsmom and @imajin99 yeah I will do another iui or two depending on the timing of everything. I'll have to talk to my dr and see what the deal is, I only spoke with the nurse today.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Hi @brooklyngirl18, sorry about the BFN at 11 DPO. Isn't that still early? Either way, I know how awful that is to get those damn negative tests. I often think I'll never see a positive!

Question for you ladies: I think a few of you have some MFI: morphology. I've been researching this since it's the only thing that's come back looking abnormal so far. I found this study https://www.ahcmedia.com/articles/135247-intrauterine-insemination-outcomes-are-not-affected-by-sperm-morphology-parameters 

Anyone else have some info on this? Experience? What did your RE say?
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    @Manders85 - My RE says that if the only issue with a SA is morphology, he's really not too concerned.  He says it's the most nebulous of the parameters, and "normal" is so low to begin with - they expect 96% of the sperm to be abnormal in a "good" sample!  My FI's morphology is really low, 1%.  I just try to keep reminding myself, it only takes one.

[spoiler]

• Options
    @Manders85 my RE said the same as @pawcall 's RE and I didn't look much further into it at that time. This was last year and DH has stopped smoking since then so hoping it was better. I have asked the nurse for the report from his sample from the IUI but it isn't available yet.  I would like to see what the report says as at the time of the IUI they just told us the count.
  • Options
    So sorry @brooklyngirl18 @Imajin99 - I go on Tuesday for my test as well. I am also trying to stay positive. I haven't tested because I don't think I can take another negative test. It's driving me crazy but going to wait until my blood test. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday!!
  • Options
    Imajin99Imajin99 member
    edited February 2017
    @bpietronicco  I have my HCG blood test on Tuesday as well, will be thinking of you as well. FX!! I am impressed that you have not tested on HPT, I wish I had waited.
  • Options
    Sorry about the BFN @lmajin99

IUI done! And now we wait....
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited February 2017
    Ladies, this is one of those feeling sorry for myself posts. One of my good friends who is my age and got married the same month as us told me today she is 4 mo pregnant. She also told me she had a tough time conceiving so I asked her more and she said well, we tried for a few months wothout calendar and opk and it didnt work. Then tried one opk cycle and nothing, and the next, bam! So she tried for a whooping 4 months or so. She told me to relax (she has no idea of my struggle because I keep it private with only family and two close friends knowing). I feel sorry for myself because this stings. Its not like she is spring chicken and I think Im in better shape physically but oh well...it stings because I had to lie and say we just started TTC. It also stings because this is my 2nd IUI and 2nd IVF. This cycle will be a bust, again. I am so tired of hoping in vain. Pity party over, Sorry.
  • Options
    I am so sorry, @bestofjoy and also know EXACTLY how you feel. I was out with a couple tonight who told us they're 14 weeks pregnant and it devastated me. It's so hard living with this "secret condition" that sadly feels shaming.... I mean sometimes I have to remind myself that I have my health and so does my DH and things can be worse. And then sometimes I'm like, it'd be easier to be living with something that could more easily be out in the open and not attached to so much...well.... shame. Shame for not being able to do the one thing I feel like we were put on this earth to do. It makes me feel broken and as if something is telling me and my husband we shouldnt procreate. But I know deep down that's not true. I know we'd be amazing parents and sometimes shitty and hard things happen to good people. I'm glad that you felt like sharing on this message board. Baby dust to you and I'm thinking of you. Sorry to jump on your pity wagon! I totally hear ya! 

TTC History in Spolier:

• Options
    @bestofjoy and @Manders85 I understand how you feel. It's tough to listen to others and they think they've struggled when your done so much more to achieve your dream. It's so painful and I don't know about you but it makes me want to just scream at them (but I don't). Thinking of you both and wishing you more strength to get through this shitty time 
  • Options
    @bestofjoy and @Manders85 I totally get how you feel. I think I might be the oldest on here and sometimes it gets really hard feeling like my ship has sailed. Thank you so much for sharing what goes through so many of our heads, it's just really really hard.

i wasn't sure where to share this but yesterday DH and I went to our pre-IVF class and I'm not feeling it 100%. So much paperwork to sign and ethical decisions. TBH I'm terrified of needles, have trouble taking pills, and the class, two hours complete with demos of needles and how to inject, triggered more anxiety than I've felt in years. My parents are in from out of state and I just told them, lukewarm reception. I had to leave the table at dinner last night to vomit from the stress and again before bed. Doubting if I'm cut out for the IVF regimen and praying this last IUI works.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea I'm sorry you didn't get the reception you were hoping for and you're feeling so stressed! It's so hard and people don't realize what a toll it takes. I hope this iui works for you do you don't have to consider ivf. You said you think you're the oldest...can I ask how old you are? I'm turning 39 in ten days and we are quickly approaching the end of the line for us in our journey.