July 2016 Moms
Options

January Randoms

Re: January Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shanparadise That made me laugh!! A lot of how things have gone in our house. Only the best for her...us on the other hand eat Taco Bell regularly and popcorn is considered a healthy snack. Yesterday's lunch was mad and cheese! We might need to look at making better food choices as a family, haha! 
  • Options
    Anyone have an exersaucer? Would you say it's worth the space it takes up? We have a small living room. Someone gave us one, and I thought I would just swap it in for the mamaroo, but M is still loving the mamaroo. Just wasn't sure if it's worth putting together . 
  • Options
    We have a jumparoo and DS loves it. 

I take DS to his 6 month appointment this month. Where has the time gone?!
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 Jaxon got an exersaucer for Christmas and he's been in it for hours ever since. When we take him out he tries to bounce on us. I think it wears him out so he's been sleeping better! 
  • Options
    Thank you for the help! Looks like we'll be putting it together. 

Random GTKY question. 

I just learned, according to the car seat lady, that most infant seat handles can be up or down (safely) when in the car. I thought they had to be down! So, is your handle up or down?! 

Ours is down. I'm a creature of habit and we're 6 months in. No going back now. 

• Options
    @LDSJM123 our is up because we have the cybex carseat and it has this side impact safety feature that needs the handle to be placed up
  • Options
    mine is up for the simple reason that I drive a 2 door and it makes getting him back out less of a struggle.

@LDSJM123
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 ours was down. We just made the switch to a convertible seat over the weekend though-no more handles!
  • Options
    schaze said:
    @LDSJM123 ours was down. We just made the switch to a convertible seat over the weekend though-no more handles!
    May I ask where you live? We've talked about making the Switch too, but since we're in Ohio, and winter can be pretty rough, the infant seat is handy right now. Logistics of babywearing with winter coats, getting in and out of the car, all while keeping M warm is all enough to make my head spin. What do you do when you're shopping? 
  • Options
    Ha! Funny question. Husband prefers down...for sight reasons. I prefer up!! It's a clear difference between us though. He made me reach back and pull the handle back at a stop sign yesterday because when I put her in I "forgot" to pull the handle back, haha!! 
  • Options
    Up!   Less work and we have those toy rings dangling down that he can play with.
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 M is the total opposite. She's not even 14 pound yet. She just started sitting up this past week, so she's not super sturdy yet. I do the same with a not puffy coat. We picked her up a fleece jacket. I wrap a blanket around her once she's buckled in. I miss baby wearing at the store! 
  • Options
    oh wow! definitely totally opposite. I got one of the cart covers that has pillows on the sides so it gives her extra support and a bonus of pillows to lay on when she passes out. (I too loved baby wearing in the store) https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11476746&cp=2255957.2273443.2255983.3225452&parentPage=family
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 we live in WI so it gets freezing here, too. If it's super cold, I don't take her out at all, we stay in all day. But we've done a couple trips since we made the switch-she has a fleece coverup, plus a hat, then I cover her with a blanket if we're heading into the store. She's in a carrier so she's close to my body and that helps, too. She's a bigger girl (don't know exact stats, we head to the dr tomorrow) but she was almost 16 lbs at 4 mo so it was getting to be way too heavy to carry the infant seat around. We had been leaving it in the car anyway, so we figured we'd try the convertible out. She loves it so far! 
  • Options
    I think I missed something, why aren't people baby wearing anymore? Is it because the babies don't like it or...? 

I keep DD2 warm in the car seat with a sweater or light jacket, hat, booties and a blanket. If I'm quickly going in and out somewhere I just wrap her in the blanket. If I'm going shopping, I still babywear her in my Boba. She's 6 months and 18 lbs. 
  • Options
    I just find baby wearing tricky right now. Mostly, once I get in a store, I have to take off my winter coat, find a place to put M down, put on whatever wrap/carrier I'm using, and then get her in it. It's just been too cold to do all that outside by the car because I take her coat off while I'm wearing her. @holly142  
  • Options
    That makes sense! 
  • Options
    If I'm going somewhere and I know I intend to wear her, I put the carrier on under my coat so it's ready. But that's also because I use the baby ktan.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    @schaze we live in Wisconsin too and do the same exact thing. I'm glad we aren't the only ones to huddle in when it's frigid. The only thing I hate doing is having to take him with me when I walk my dog. He old and really slow. I do babywear him and just bundle him up. Kinda like the little brother from A Christmas Story. 
  • Options
    Baby wearing question...I find that it kills my back now that she is bigger...is it possibly the carrier or just all part of it? 
  • Options
    Definitely the carrier. Or possibly that you aren't wearing the carrier correctly. I wear the 35 pound 3 year old I nanny for with no problems. What type do you have? @kmurdock925
  • Options
    I second the carrier issue. You may not be positioning the carrier correctly. Do you front or back ware? If I'm doing long term carries, I use my Ergo but if it's just to get DS to calm down I use a wrap. The Ergo bothers my back much less.
  • Options
    Good to know @LDSJM123 - I just have the cheapo $30 infantano

https://www.target.com/p/infantino-flip-advanced-4-in-1-carrier/-/A-16314079

It worked really well when she was smaller
  • Options
    For a budget carrier (under $50) Infantino Mei Tei Sash is good for the price in terms of comfort. If you're looking to babywear for a long while (until toddlerhood)  I reccomend saving up or taking the plunge on an ergo, Tula, or Lillie baby. All are great and people tend to be very loyal to their brand preference ;) They're all in the $110-$160 range. There are stores that carry them and will let you try before you buy. You're in Columbus right? You can come visit me in Akron and I'll be happy to take you my favorite spots near me! @kmurdock925