May 2017 Moms

Nursery Thread

Re: Nursery Thread

• @CherryBananas I did make the lamp! $10 shade from Target, $3.49 copy of Goblet of Fire from Half Price Books, some mod podge I already had, and about 20 minutes on a Sunday afternoon! Super easy! 

@BabyMC517 that's so sweet! What kind of crafts?
  • Loading the player...
  • @CherryBananas she hadn't gotten too far, thank goodness! But she had made lotion bottles with labels on them, some posters, and was attempting to make wands...that's all I remember at the moment. I swear she made some other stuff too. I know she's making a quilt of some sort but not sure if it was HP related or not. We wouldn't mind if it was! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot omg that watercolor of hogwarts just gave me chills. Pathetic lol.  I love the aqua idea! One of my favorite colors.

i actually made both the mobile and the lampshade and did some shameless Etsy copying. :) The mobile was felt shapes that I cut and sewed together (and I've never hand stitched anything so had to use some YouTube tutorials but all in all not too hard) and bought the mobile arm to attach them to from Amazon. Both easy projects! 
  • @WombThereItIs omg need! Can you link me please?
  • @chailife34 There are the two Etsy listings below, both are printables and I just had them printed on cardstock at FedEx. I plan to put them in the cheap Ikea Ribba frame.

Both sellers have a ton of adorable printables, lots of space options too. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/474005739/nursery-numbers-nursery-space-numbers?ref=hp_rv
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/220991025/digital-blue-outer-space-alphabet-abc?ref=hp_rv

May '17 labor memes
  • @rkstro2 Exciting! I love the puppy in the chair <3 We have very similar carpet too.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @rkstro2 I really like that chair, where is from?
  • Thanks @nda_roxybabe we both must have good taste in carpet!  The dog was so upset about the strangers bringing in the furniture til I put him in the new chair then he was chill.  It must be a good chair ;) 

@RainyDays86 it's from Pottery Barn Kids.  DH was not that into the gliders and was all like "pick which ever one you want" until he sat in that one. We were both sold.  So so comfortable and it rocks and spins and is a recliner.  I may sit there forever.  
  • I have a totally random question - when I look at crib skirts it looks like they go all the way to the ground when the crib is in the highest position. I'm assuming that makes it look ridiculous once you start to lower the mattress? 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • starphish18starphish18 member
    edited February 2017
    @CherryBananas Yeah, a lot of them are sized for the higher positions. I'd suggest measuring your crib, though, cause it does vary a bit. There are a few crib skirts that adjust, too. The skirt velcros or snaps to the top portion and can be raised. Something to consider if you want to continue using the same skirt.
  • @starphish18 thank you! I don't like that I can see the platform the mattress sits on but I don't want to buy something that will only be usable for a short while
  • @CherryBananas I was worried about that too but I got one from Pottery Barn and with the crib on the highest setting it grazes the floor. 
  • @starphish18 thank you! I don't like that I can see the platform the mattress sits on but I don't want to buy something that will only be usable for a short while
    I only used the crib skirt on the high settting and I still got about 6 or 7 months out of it. Until he was able to get to sitting on his own and started trying to pull up it was fine up high. Between that time and the time I have to look at it before baby comes I think a crib skirt is worth it. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Here's how ours is now. I needed it to hide the platform. I suppose as we lower the mattress it'll look like a high water for a while. There's a little inner ledge I could tuck it on though 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Thanks @Kipperoo !!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @SWE2, I love the wallpaper!! It's so pretty!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @SWE2 I LOVE that wallpaper
  • @SWE2 the wall paper is amazing!  Love it
  • @swe2 love the wallpaper!! 
    Im thinking that's a Hemnes dresser... we just ordered today finally! Looks like you have different dresser pulls on it? If so, are they just standard sized hardware? I've actually never changed dresser hardware out so that may be a ridiculous question! 
  • That wall paper is incredible!
  • @swe2 love the wallpaper!! 
    Im thinking that's a Hemnes dresser... we just ordered today finally! Looks like you have different dresser pulls on it? If so, are they just standard sized hardware? I've actually never changed dresser hardware out so that may be a ridiculous question! 
    Changing the hardware is so easy! Check our Hobby Lobby they have SO many options for hardware and if you catch it on the right week it's half off! 
    *and in case anyone didn't know Hobby Lobby's 50% off schedule, it's literally whatever is not on sale this week will be next week and then rotates again. So don't ever pay full price, just wait a week! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • edited February 2017
    @ShadeofGreen816 yes it is! I bought some off amazon and they did come smaller. I didn't realize there was more than one size? They were cheap and I will probably put silver in soon, we will see. My only caution is that you might have to go to the hardware store and get different screws as the ones that came with it were too long. 
  • @SWE2 I love that wallpaper! Where is it from? I would love to do something like that for DD whenever we move. 
  • @achays11 I got it off Etsy. They have TONS of options and it was great because it's removable. We got the cheaper version where you wet and stick but we are not handy so trashed that and went with the peel and stick and it was so much easier. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/477492600/floral-nursery-wallpaper-sweet-blush?ga_order=most_relevant&amp;ga_search_type=all&amp;ga_view_type=gallery&amp;ga_search_query=sweet blush roses wallpaper&amp;ref=sr_gallery_1
  • @RainyDays86 I'm jealous! I so want to organize the baby clothes we have into the dresser, but I can't yet because no one knows we're having a girl. Everything is hidden away right now, since everyone who's been over since we set up the nursery ends up walking around and opening things. I think I'll have to wait until closer to my due date when I know we won't have more visitors. Unless I put a sheet or something over it all in the drawer...hmm, I'll have to think on that.
  • @sweaterboots ooh that's so lovely. I showed DH and he's a big fan of the moon. He was impressed that it's a decal and that led us to decor ideas. :)

• SKZWSKZW member
    edited February 2017
    @sweaterboots: that moon is pretty killer! I kind of want it in my own bedroom, haha  :)  but seriously, it's a really lovely space, good job!
  • @sweaterboots I love it!! Where did you find your mobile? 
  • @sweaterboots i love it all, but especially the dresser and mobile!!!