Infertility
Options

October/November IVF

Re: October/November IVF

• Options
    @JamieH2000  I am so sorry to hear this! You have continued to have a positive attitude through your struggles and have been a constant cheerleader for others on these boards!  Take some time for yourself to emotionally and physically recover and best of luck meeting with your new RE!
  • Options
    @kp214 and @jodes727- thank you for your kind words. They are one of the few things that made me smile tonight. Just praying some day I'm on the other side of this and look back and can be thankful for the strength I got from this journey. For now, I'm considering road tripping to FL and Nashville (from WI) over Christmas since I am not sure I can take many family christmases this year. I'll still be around here and I can't wait to check in and see everyone's success!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 i'm so sorry :(. I know how hard this has been for you. I think another consult is a good idea, and taking the holidays off. Florida sounds awesome ...
  • Options
    Hey everyone!  I have an IVF question.  I'm gearing up to start in January.  I have a doctor's appointment next week to go over everything and ask questions.  I requested a modified work schedule for Jan to give me time for all the appointments, and since then my cycle has changed from what I predicted.  Will my RE be able to just regulate my cycle and get me started on IVF on the date that works with my work schedule?  
  • Options
    Talked to my RE tonight and we are trying another round in January. I really had to convince him but he said he sympathizes with us and is willing to try again. The clinic doesn't have the resources a private clinic has and the military doesn't have as many protocols for DOR but he's going to come up with something for me. We will give it another shot and see. I'm excited but remaining realistic. 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • Options

Hopeful_mom congrats!!! Looking forward to hearing how they are doing and praying for good news to continue coming your way. x The assisted hatching is done on already fertilized embryo before transfer.

@babymish best of luck to your ER, fingers crossed for great results! 

Adoc86 thank you for sharing some light on the topic, identical twins uh?! That would truly be a miracle!!

@JamieH2000 I’m so sorry :( wish it would get easier but it really doesn’t. It’s beautiful how you embrace the strength this journey has given you. Road tripping sounds like a wonderful plan <3 

@lady_grey Good luck to your IVF journey, will this be your first one? Sorry, I do not know how to answer your question, since I have no history of regulating cycles. Maybe other ladies here will be more knowledgable about that and I recommend talking with your RE.

mandasand may that be the cycle you’ve been waiting for! Sending prayers and positive energy towards your way. 

My TTC history:
    TTC since 2013. Unexplained Infertility *Low ovarian reserve 
    Fibroid removed August2013
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    Fibroid removed December2015
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF#2 November2016 (3 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 2 ) - BFN  
    IVF #3 January2017 (5 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 3 ) - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #5 June2017 (1 egg retrieved, polysermy) Mini IVF - Bust  :'(:'(:'(
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• Options

@lady_grey they may be able to regulate your cycle with birth control, they did that during my first cycle.

@hopefulmom @ljsmith805 and @ifyoucandreamit how are you all feeling today?

AFM - I had my bloodwork and U/S done today, I'm on Day 8 of cycle and only have 3 mature follicles. when I had my u/s on Monday they saw 7 but all under 10mm. I'm so scared that I'm not responding well to the treatment, which is what happened during the first cycle. I'm doing acupuncture, eating right, taking care of my body, I don't know what else I can do. I know I just need to be positive as more can still develop, but I'm so anxious and scared.

IVF#1 Sep 2016 (4 eggs retrieved, 2 matured, 0 transferred due to DNA breakdown)
    IVF#2 Nov 2016:  Estrogen &  Ganirelix.   Stimming: Loprun, Follistim, Menopur. (7 eggs retrieved. 3 matured. 0 transferred due to PGD results)

IVF#3 Feb 2017: Estrogen priming. Menopur, Follistim and HGH

• Options
    jodes727. Take all the time you need to take care of yourself. I think the road trip sounds awesome!!! You have a support system in all of us!! <3

@lady_grey I'm also not entirely sure as I guess it depends on where you fall in your cycle vs appts. But mine is being regulated with BC. 

**TW**
    Me: 31, DH:33
    TTC since October 2015: MFI
    Summer 2016: 3 IUI's: BFN
    October 2016: Switched RE's and began IVF cycle 
    December 2016: Retrieved 13 eggs, 12 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI. 5 day ET of 2 blasts with 4 frosites left. BFP!!!! EDD: 8/30/2017 
    August 25, 2017: It's a Girl!!
    April 12, 2019: FET, BFP!!! Baby BOY EDD: 12/29/2019
  • Options
    @JamieH2000

So sorry it's negative . mine  also negative.beta is today to confirm .  ((((hugs))) i called them Monday .  I am going to do a scratch Friday 
    Me  Hydrosalpinx(36) & DH 0% morphology (37)
    Jan 2007- started TTC ( temp everyday and opk and clomid used 12 cycles)
    Oct 2010- Natural BFP after 22 months TTC ( NO MEDS USED)
    Feb 2011- Still birth @ 16 weeks 
    May 2011- Myomectomy to remove grapefruit size fibroid
    Jan 2015- Essure to block hydrosalpinx
    April 2015 - 1st IUI  - BFN
    May 2015 - 2nd IUI - BFN
    Aug 2015 - IVF ER: BCP, lupron, Menopur, Bravelle, HCG (Trigger Shot) 12 eggs retrieved, 8  mature, 7 fertilized, 3 to blast, 2 passed pgs ( BOYS)
    Sept 2015 - FET transferred 2 embryos passed PGS (BOYS)- BFN ( NO FROSTIES left )
    Dec 2015- ICH Brain hemorrhage
    April 2016- Start Birth Control Got cleared for IVF/ diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation/ HUBBY HAS ABOVE NORMAL MORPH/COUNT/MOTILITY
    May 2016- Start meds for ER 
    May 1- Start Lupron for long lupron protocol
    May 13- Started Stims 300 follistim,75 menopur, 10 lupron stimmed for  10 days
    May 24-  16 eggs retrieved,  12 mature eggs, 8 fertilized, 5 to blast. qty 2 day 6 AA blast. qty 3 7 day blast grades AA and AB.
    Have 3 NORMAL PGS TESTED GIRLS. 1 "INCONCLUSIVE" embryo still good for use.
    7/8- Started AF and Estraidol patches
    8/2- FET scheduled ( HUBBY BDAY!!!) and my clinic automatically uses EMBRYO GLUE!
    8/2- Transferred 1 6AA pgs tested girl
    8/15 - Beta #1 137 I AM PREGNANT!!!! EDD 4/20/17
    8/17- Beta #2 269 
    9/1- MISCARRIAGE. Baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 3 days. 
    10/19- Have Baseline for IVF#3. Fresh transfer.
    10/21- Start stims 300 Follistim 150 Menopur and Ganirelix 
    11/2/16-ER 43 eggs retrieved. 15 mature. 9 Fertilized. All 9 still growing but 4 are leading and are 8 cell day 3 grade AA.
    11/7/16- Fresh transfer of 1 embryo
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 and @shauna43 I'm sorry ladies...hugs. 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • Options
    @jamieh2000 and  @shauna43 sending you much love, I'm so sorry.

IVF#1 Sep 2016 (4 eggs retrieved, 2 matured, 0 transferred due to DNA breakdown)
    IVF#2 Nov 2016:  Estrogen &  Ganirelix.   Stimming: Loprun, Follistim, Menopur. (7 eggs retrieved. 3 matured. 0 transferred due to PGD results)

• Options
    @shauna43 I'm so sorry :( sending virtual hugs.

natalie4oscar I Hope you’ll see the smaller ones catching up with matured follicles in your next scan! I know how frustrating it feels when you are doing all you can and things aren’t looking as you hoped them to be. Hugs and hopes that this will be THE cycle you’ve been waiting for. 

AFM - Just received some good news - all 3 eggs fertilized! I’m so grateful for those little fighters though I am too scared to raise my hopes just yet. DH is so happy and I really hope they’ll continue developing. Looking to do transfer on Friday!!!

My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• Options
    Thanks for all the support ladies- you are the best! Still feeling pretty down so I'm working from home so I can take the call from the clinic in private even tho I know what the result is.
    @mandasand-so happy they are letting you try again! I am meeting with two highly respected REs in the next two weeks so I will be sure to share their thoughts a protocol for low responders since we are in a similar boat.
    @natalie4oscar- I'll be hoping for good news for you!i have been in your shoes and it's so hard. The only thing worse than doing IVF is not responding to IVF as you should. It's only day 8, so I think there is def still time for more to come for you! You are doing everything you can, and it's just hard to not be able to control this process. Hang in there!
    @shauna43- thanks girl! Is the scratch to get ready for an FET? Hoping that you can try again asap! Keep us posted!
    @ifyoucandreamit- that is amazing news that all 3 fertilized!! So happy for you and hope they all keep growing! Will you be doing a day 3 transfer?
    @isthisthereallife- thanks! How are you doing? 1 week until stims right?!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @IfYouCanDreamIt Congrats on your fertilization report and good luck on your Friday transfer!That is such great news!! Did you have your thyroid testing today? Let us know how that goes:)

@Hopeful_mom congrats on your retrieval! Can't wait to hear an update today!

@Knottie39402101 good luck on your FET in Jan! Fx this will be the ONE!

@babymish hope your ER went/goes well today! Looking forward to your update!

@JamieH2000 I am so sorry. This journey is so rough and painful. Hoping you can recover quickly and your new RE can bring a new and better plan to the table! Getting away may help bring some relief and de-stress:)

@mandasand Good luck in January! hoping this is the ONE for you too:)

@natalie4oscar Thanks for checking on us:) I am still not really feeling bloat, but my RE said it may hit today or tomorrow. My stomach seems to be out of sorts this morning though :( You still have time to recruit some good follicles! I feel like things started picking up around day 12 for me. Fx for you:)

@shauna43 I am so sorry! Prayers for peace and comfort for you! 

AFM my RE called yesterday with an update of 11 eggs total retrieved. I just got a call from the lab this morning. 3 of the 11 were mature, 6 stage 1 immature, and 2 stage 2 immature.  I didn't realize there were different stages of immaturity in eggs, but I guess there are. She said they fertilized 3 mature and the 6 stage 1 with ICSI, and 5 fertilized normal as a result. I think the plan is still for a day 5 transfer on Sunday, praying we make it that far!!!! I am so nervous :/ I was really hoping more were fully mature, but it only takes 1 right?

• Options
    Thanks @ljsmith805 @IfYouCanDreamIt @spring512

It all went smoothly! They retrieved 13 eggs so I was happy with that number and we will find out tomorrow how many fertilised with ICSI.

For anyone that is interested about the ER. I was really nervous, I am not a fan of being put under sedation, being the control freak that I am, being put into sleep mode really freaks me out. I was also concerned about any pain.

They took me into the procedure room and I had an IV put into my hand. I got into position and my last thought was, do I close my eyes and wait for sleep or keep them open until sleep takes me? And if my eyes are still open will they stay open when I'm asleep? I'm guessing the medication had already kicked with that last thought and it's the last thing I remember. When I woke up I assumed I hadn't fallen asleep yet but it was all over.

I am told I moved myself from the wheelchair into the bed, I have no recollection of this whatsoever. I do remember telling the clinical team that they were all awesome although I am not sure when that was.

It was probably the medication but I woke up very happy and wolfed down some biscuits (cookies for you US ladies) and some water. Then I was out of there around an hour later.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    So the embryologist just called back after talking to my RE. She actually wants to plan for a day 3 transfer. She was surprised that there were only 3 of the 11 fully mature, and wants to plan on a day 3 transfer for now. She said they would check again on Friday and IF they are looking stellar they could push the transfer to Sunday, but for now transfer is scheduled for Friday with the best looking 2! I don't really know anything about a day 3 vs day5 transfer so any info you ladies could share would help. My stomach was already feeling upset, and then when I got all this news, it kinda threw me over the edge nerves wise and I lost my breakfast :/ I am terrified and nervous!
  • Options

@ljsmith805- I am so glad that 5 fertilized, but I could also see how you were hoping/expecting more. It does only take one, and I'm hopeful you will at least have 1 or more out of 5! I did a day 3 transfer. Basically what I have heard/read/googled is that the natural womb is the best place for the embryo, but most clinics try to do day 5 transfers if there are multiple (4+ at my clinic) embryos since they will have a better idea of which embryos are progressing and will likely keep growing for a better chance of success . However if there are less than 4 embryos at day 3, a lot of clinics do a day 3 transfer of maybe up to 3 embryos depending on quality, to give them the best shot in utero since they aren't deciding which one(s) to transfer if there are only a few embryos left. I believe @colleen0516 had a day 3 transfer of 2 embryos and both stuck! So it doesn't mean it won't work if you do day 3, it just means they don't want to risk letting them go to day 5 if there aren't that many. I found many day 3 success stories online too googling that gives you any comfort :)

@babymish-congrats on the great numbers! Glad to hear ER was pretty smooth for you. Can't wait for a great update tomorrow.

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @ljsmith805 I got pregnant with a day 3 transfer :smile: don't be discouraged! They will push to a day 5 transfer if they feel the embryos are strong enough to make it, or there are a lot of them and they know some of them will make it. Some embryos thrive better in their natural environment, so a day 3 is better for them. Others are real fighters and can make it to day 5 and sometimes take better in the end because they are strong. But its really a crapshoot lol. 
    I transferred 2, Day 3 embryos, and both of them took- im currently pregnant with twins :smile: So dont lose hope!!  
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    Thank you ladies @JamieH2000 and @Colleen0516! Your encouragement and experience helps more than anything else!! Coming down off my roller coaster from this morning :) 
  • Options
    @lady_grey My RE was able to coordinate the start of my first round around my schedule. DH and I were out of town for several weeks prior to starting stims, so my nurse told me exactly which day to start BC in order to ensure everything was on schedule with when I would be back in town and ready to begin. After I began stims though I didn't really have much say or flexibility with anything.

@JamieH2000 so sorry about the negative :( Sounds like a great getaway - I hope you come back refreshed and ready to go with whatever your next step will be.

@ljsmith805 I've read TONS of success stories with 3 day transfers. I can definitely relate to being disappointed with the embryo report, but 3 embryos to work with is still great! Fx for you!

@IfYouCanDreamIt that's great news!!

@babymish 13 retrieved is great! I hope you get a great fertilization report!

Me: 30 DH:30
    No kids yet
    DH: Diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 12/15 resulting in right orchiectomy &one round of BEP chemo. Banked sperm prior to treatment. Not enough in storage to risk on IUI so encouraged to go right to IVF w/ICSI.
    Together since 2001. Married 10/2013
    10/24/16 - Began stims (menopur & gonal f) for 1st round of IVF on high responder antagonist protocol.
    11/5/16 - Lupron trigger.
    11/7/16 - 13 eggs retrieved; 8 mature; 5 fertilized
    11/12/16 - 5 day ET of 1 hatching embryo
    Beta scheduled for 11/28!

11/21 BFP!

Due July 31

• Options
    Oh @JamieH2000 I forgot to mention...Have you looked online at The Center for Human Reproduction? I don't know what your financial situation is with IVF insurance or OOP, but I've gotten a lot of good info off of their site and they seem to be a place that has hope for those that have had no success elsewhere. The actual clinic is in NY, but I know they do virtual consults all over the country. I really have no idea what costs are involved with any of their treatment. But it might be worth looking into if you aren't happy with your RE and are thinking about other options.
  • Options

that's really great info on the 3 vs 5 day transfer, I wasn't aware of why there was a difference also.

@ljsmith805 sorry you didn't get the numbers you were hoping for, but all you need is the quality over quantity and it seems like you have some strong ones there. Good luck with the transfer

@babymish I'm glad all went well with the ER. take care and good luck with ICSI

• Options
    Thank you @Adoc86!!!
  • Options

@ljsmith805- Thanks for the suggestion! I have heard of them and looked at their website a little. It may be worth considering having at least a consult with them to get their guidance on protocols. I am very fortunate to have some insurance after large deductible/OOP max is hit, so that does limit my options a little for REs in network. If we use up our insurance (which has lasted for 3 ER and transfers for my coworker- still waiting to see how much was charge for my ER and transfer this round), then we will have to decide if our money is better spent trying again with me or if we just move on to donor options at that point (which are even more expensive :( ) I will definitely keep everyone posted on what I learn from my THREE consults (including current RE) in the next two weeks!

@colleen0516- when is your next ultrasound?!

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 I'm so sorry. sending you big hugs and love!!  It never gets easy and its just frustrating, everything is perfect and it still doesn't work why!!  This may not have been your time but I know its going to happen!  You have been such a rock star and will be such a great mom!!  Hoping other opinions you get will help your journey!  Its just not fair!

natalie4oscar thanks for asking I think I"m pretty lucky that i'm really feeling ok.  I didn't bleed after just have a slight headache.  I think the meds now are making me more nauseous then anything.  @jamieh2000 is right as usual ;) hopefully more will pop up, I didn't respond well either and honestly sounds way familiar!  First round i only stemmed 9 days, this time i had to do 13 because everything was so slow growing.  I really had 2 growing together, as the other 2 they found on the left fell off...BUT i think on day 8/9 another on the right popped up and gave me 3...I was hoping to have more but its quality over quantity, hang in there!

mandasand I'm really thrilled for you!!  let this be your cycle!  Absolutely no reason to give up and not try again.  I know i've only got 3 growing but I'll take it and the 2nd cycle i responded terribly.  So glad you can try again!

@babymish wow thats awesome what an amazing report!  good for you!  Funny i thought the same thing when i woke that it didn't happen yet.  You should know all drugged the first thing i asked the nurse rolling me to recovery was, how many did we get?  Funny i woke up thinking the same thought as i we

@Knottie39402101 good luck to you!  Hoipng you can enjoy the holidays and the new year will bring your miracle!!

@ifyoucandreamit- that is amazing news I understand how happy you are!! @ljsmith805 I'm thrilled for you as well!!  I understand the disappointment i do, but remember it only take one, you're still in it with us!!  Ladies you are really all twinning this is something!!  Looks like we will be all day 3 transfers eek!!!

AFM:  I couldn't wait and called them, one because i was having issues with my estrace and it didn't really get to where it needed to.  I don't know i guess i was in a rush these morning, not sure why it doesn't come with an applicator.  you would think I would have more issues with the shots, nope!
    Anyhoo onto the important stuff, 3 out of the 4 fertilized whoo hoo!!!!  I'm beyond ecstatic!!!  The egg that seemed a lil abnormal did not fertilize which obviously is a good thing, its not meant to be.  So seems like friday g-d willing is going to be another busy day for this board!  I'm nervous about day 3 but @Colleen0516 is proof it works!!!  I'm praying that they just keep growing and are super strong tomorrow!

@ljsmith805 i feel like my reseach skills are not on par, i have to look into this clinic.  I'm here in NY and everything does cost a fortune and i'm pretty much OPP.  

@adoc86 thank so much!!  You answer faster then my own dr :)  thank u!  I would love twins at this point, but OH is not having it.  Praying it all goes my way :)  he has kids already thats why its easy to say ha!!  I have a feeling thats what they are going to do for me.  I remember her mentioning it during one of our original meetings.

@spring512 thanks so much it is, praying it continues :)
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• Options
    Just out of curiosity @JamieH2000 (if I a remember correctly you are in the Milwaukee area), where are you al going for a consult with new/current REs?  Glad that you are looking at options and getting more info from your current RE!
  • Options

@hopeful_mom- YAY YAY YAY! three times for 3 embryos!! that is awesome. I am so happy for you and I hope they continue to grow!!

@jodes727- I currently go to AFCC in gurnee. I had previously had a consult with froedert and didn't think it would be a good fit and have heard some not great things from some other friends. My consults are with Dr Rodgers at FCI (the one from the beat infertility podcasts!) and Dr Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute in Madison who I have heard is amazing.

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @jamieh2000 youre the best  <3<3
    TTC since 2014
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)

• Options
    @JamieH2000 so sorry to hear your cycles did not work out. You ll get that perfect one. @shauna43
  • Options
    @Hopeful_mom transfer is 12/13. Starting PIO soon. Not looking forward to the big needle. Is it as bad as it looks? 

@JuliaAnn86 I know exactly how you feel. People who barely tried got preg after me. My sister and sister in law were preg at the same time as me. I had a loss. It still hurts to imagine my baby would be the same age. It took me a long time to get back to not thinking about being pregnant. I've heard stress will not help anything. I know it's hard to compare but we will get our perfect babies. 
  • Options
    shauna43shauna43 member
    edited November 2016
    Was going to edit the doc but looks like someone already  put me as failed. my beta was negative
    Me  Hydrosalpinx(36) & DH 0% morphology (37)
    Jan 2007- started TTC ( temp everyday and opk and clomid used 12 cycles)
    Oct 2010- Natural BFP after 22 months TTC ( NO MEDS USED)
    Feb 2011- Still birth @ 16 weeks 
    May 2011- Myomectomy to remove grapefruit size fibroid
    Jan 2015- Essure to block hydrosalpinx
    April 2015 - 1st IUI  - BFN
    May 2015 - 2nd IUI - BFN
    Aug 2015 - IVF ER: BCP, lupron, Menopur, Bravelle, HCG (Trigger Shot) 12 eggs retrieved, 8  mature, 7 fertilized, 3 to blast, 2 passed pgs ( BOYS)
    Sept 2015 - FET transferred 2 embryos passed PGS (BOYS)- BFN ( NO FROSTIES left )
    Dec 2015- ICH Brain hemorrhage
    April 2016- Start Birth Control Got cleared for IVF/ diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation/ HUBBY HAS ABOVE NORMAL MORPH/COUNT/MOTILITY
    May 2016- Start meds for ER 
    May 1- Start Lupron for long lupron protocol
    May 13- Started Stims 300 follistim,75 menopur, 10 lupron stimmed for  10 days
    May 24-  16 eggs retrieved,  12 mature eggs, 8 fertilized, 5 to blast. qty 2 day 6 AA blast. qty 3 7 day blast grades AA and AB.
    Have 3 NORMAL PGS TESTED GIRLS. 1 "INCONCLUSIVE" embryo still good for use.
    7/8- Started AF and Estraidol patches
    8/2- FET scheduled ( HUBBY BDAY!!!) and my clinic automatically uses EMBRYO GLUE!
    8/2- Transferred 1 6AA pgs tested girl
    8/15 - Beta #1 137 I AM PREGNANT!!!! EDD 4/20/17
    8/17- Beta #2 269 
    9/1- MISCARRIAGE. Baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 3 days. 
    10/19- Have Baseline for IVF#3. Fresh transfer.
    10/21- Start stims 300 Follistim 150 Menopur and Ganirelix 
    11/2/16-ER 43 eggs retrieved. 15 mature. 9 Fertilized. All 9 still growing but 4 are leading and are 8 cell day 3 grade AA.
    11/7/16- Fresh transfer of 1 embryo
  • Options
    @shauna43- I did it for us so you wouldn't have to write the negative :( hope that's ok! I really hope your next transfer is the one!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 & @shauna43 So sorry to hear that. This process is so difficult. I wish you all the best in the next step you take to get what you want. Also what a great idea to go on a trip for the holidays. Enjoy!

I'm also trying to prepare myself for the holidays and the flood of emotions that will usually come with it. Last year I was in tears watching my in-laws play with the babies. Knowing that I had a miscarriage that January. Now, they're pregnant again. Either way, it'll happen when it's right. Whatever. :) 

33yrs old, married '14, TTC 2yr.
    MC '11; MC 1/15; IUI 4/16-BFN, IUI 5/16 cancelled d/t #follicles
  • Options
    @spring512 ugh so tough, great attitude hope your miracle will come soon!!

@kwolf002 great you have a date, still hoping 2016 can be magical!! I'm actually not doing the shots they have me on some vaginal gel instead....so I'm assuming it's a better options for now ;) 

TTC since 2014

• Options
    @IfYouCanDreamIt so glad the fertilization report was good!  

@natalie4oscar when is your next scan. Fx the smaller ones catch up!

@babymish glad retrieval went well!  

@Knottie39402101 looks like I'll be doing a FET in January also. Good luck to you!

@shauna43 I'm so sorry. This is so difficult. 

@Hopeful_mom yay!  I'm so happy for you. Praying your golden eggs are growing, golden embryos!

afm, 3 embryos were biopsied yesterday, one was graded almost perfect and the other 2 were really good. They are going to see if they can biopsy the other 4 today. Has anyone done CCS?  How long did it take to get the results?  
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    Kp214 Yay! That's great news!! What is CCS? 

@IfYouCanDreamIt Yay! That's great! 

@Knottie39402101 Good luck on your FET in Jan! 

@shauna43 I'm so sorry about your BFN. :(

@Hopeful_mom YAY!!! Fingers crossed they're going into big strong embryos! 

**TW**
    Me: 31, DH:33
    TTC since October 2015: MFI
    Summer 2016: 3 IUI's: BFN
    October 2016: Switched RE's and began IVF cycle 
    December 2016: Retrieved 13 eggs, 12 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI. 5 day ET of 2 blasts with 4 frosites left. BFP!!!! EDD: 8/30/2017 
    August 25, 2017: It's a Girl!!
    April 12, 2019: FET, BFP!!! Baby BOY EDD: 12/29/2019
  • Options
    @kp214 I have another scan tomorrow morning, will give you all an update then. Congrats on the three embryos and that one being a great golden little snowflake, sending you lots of well wishes.  Is CCS the same as PGD, chromosome testing?

• Options
    @Isthisthereallife and @natalie4oscar ccs is genetic testing.  I think it's a type of PGS.  Thanks!
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options

babymish That’s a great number of eggs retrieved, congrats! Can’t wait to hear your updates. 

ljsmith805 Congrats, 5 fertilized is great news!! I’m so happy for you! I’ve done day 3 transfer in the past and will be doing one on Friday. As some ladies already wrote natural environment is the best place for the embryos to thrive. My RE prefers day 3 transfers though we did have a plan to do also day 5 transfer, but with the low number of embryos we may transfer two on day 3. Good luck with your transfer. x

Oh and thank you, I had my thyroid testing done and results seem all normal though I’m still to double check and go through them with the doctor.  

Colleen0516 so glad to read about your success, what a great encouragement for everyone on this board. <3 

Hopeful_mom YAY, Congrats on your 3 fertilized!! Friday indeed looks like going to be another busy day on this board, best of luck for your transfer! 

spring512 So not easy, I understand and know very well how it feels when others seem to get pregnant so easy and some even have multiple while we keep trying and praying. What a great attitude you have, keep it up and may your miracle happen sooner than you think. 

Kp214 YAY that’s good news! Happy for you! I’m not familiar with CCS, is it some type of chromosome screening? 

natalie4oscar Thinking of you and hoping for great news tomorrow. x 

My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN