October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/19

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/19

• Options
    @bamacoop Congrats mama! Hope you're off the mag soon so you can get all the squishy snuggles!

Guys... talk me off the ledge... yesterday and this morning, I've noticed decreased movement. I can still feel him move some just not as much as usual. I did the sugary drink and laying on my side thing yesterday afternoon after I didn't feel him after lunch and he did move some more so I felt better but then I didn't feel him at all overnight and I've barely felt him this morning. TB update from last week said they sometimes move less as they grow and run out of room but it still freaks me out and I'm hesitant to call my doc and go in to L&D because I feel like I'm overreacting and just letting my anxiety get the best of me. I just can't wait until this pregnancy is over so that I can see with my own eyes that he's alive and breathing. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrscorker I will say that every time I freaked out about my baby not moving much/enough, some time showed that everything was okay. I won't really talk you out of going in, though, because I'm not in your body so you'll have to use your own judgment on what is acceptable and not. I do freak out the same way, though. I don't trust my body to get it right on its own - I trust my conscious brain to do a lot better.

• Options
    @RainMira9e See, I don't trust my brain because I am prone to anxiety and tend to always go to the worst case scenario. 

@Blonde1817 Thanks for that! I'm feeling him a little more since I posted, it's just...less. I guess it makes sense that if he's running out of room, I would feel him wiggle and adjust more than I would feel kicks and full on rolls. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @mrscorker I've def felt decreased movements, but chalked it up to mostly in my head anxiety/panic. At my apt Thursday baby was moving around fine and HR normal. 
    I woke up at like 4 am today for no reason and realized baby was quite active, makes me think he might be active more when I'm sleeping. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER I hate that, I'll have a couple days in a row with lots of strong movements then there will be a couple days of just stretches and more coerced movements. It so unnerving each time but I figure as long as she's still moving in there it's okay. But yea so ready to have her on the outside and be able to see if she's okay! 
  • Options
    Haha your dog is too cute and doesn't want you to forget her @ibabyloveb87! Ever since I packed my bag last weekend my dog has been my shadow, also trying to make sure I don't forget her. 
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER I wouldn't worry too much as long as he's still moving around but it doesn't hurt to call your doctor's office and see what they say.  They may just want you to wait a day and see or they may just want you to come in for a quick NST.  Either way, you aren't bothering them by calling and it'll make you feel better.
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER I think as long as you are feeling movement in general, you shouldn't worry too much. The way they move does change. For instance, having two in there means never getting time where someone isn't moving. I am ALWAYS getting jabbed in some sort of way. But now, there will be hours that go by that I don't feel anything. Or if I do, it's a head roll or someone stretching. And they still score 8/8 on their BPPs every week and pass the NSTs with flying colors. I know it's nerve wracking, just trying to imagine being in close corridors and only being able to stretch/readjust. :) 
  • Options
    My baby doesn't like raspberries blown by his head. My H does it and it works almost everytime. If your worried though go ahead and go in. Never can hurt to check. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My baby doesn't like raspberries blown by his head. My H does it and it works almost everytime. If your worried though go ahead and go in. Never can hurt to check. 
    SAME!!  SO blows raspberries on my belly all the time because the girls hate it and freak out. LOL!
  • Options
    @annabenanna This is a vety late reply but regarding your last free weekend with DH, I say SLEEP and cuddle and enjoy uniterrupted time together. Now that I'm on the other side, that is how I would've wanted to spend my last weekend. 
     My last weekend was spent working nightshift.
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins @Schell2013 the raspberry thing just made me giggle - I might have to see if Dh will do it and see what happens
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LauraPCOS never know it could lead to something else if your babies head is as low as mine is!  ;) hehehe 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @LauraPCOS never know it could lead to something else if your babies head is as low as mine is!  ;) hehehe 
    LOL last time I was given that kind of lovin I was with my ex! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Umm peoples - November has birth announcements already!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    November has babies now too. Am I the only one who feels like this baby just isn't going to come out unless we surgically extract him? 
    Nope I definitely feel that way - I don't even think I'm experiencing BH.  My mom did say today though that I have seriously dropped and seem to be carrying him really low so she thinks my water is going to break soon, but ya I think she's saying that cause she knows it's what I want to hear.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @copperboom86- I am assuming you're moving from a one person plan to a family? My work for a single person it costs like $98 a week for healthcare and dental and for families it's $106 a week. So we pay a little over $400 a month. So in general paying a little over $400 isn't horrible.

Why are you and DH on different plans? In MA right now, a family plan is the same price for a family of 2 as it is for a family of 3,4,5 etc. I've heard rumors that's going to change though. So anyways, if your family plan doesnt go up per family members it might make sense for you to all be on the same plan.

also, are you sure your HR lady was talking about your part of the premium or the whole premium. I am assuming you only pay a percentage of the policy? 

• Options
    LauraPCOS said:
    November has babies now too. Am I the only one who feels like this baby just isn't going to come out unless we surgically extract him? 
    Nope I definitely feel that way - I don't even think I'm experiencing BH.  My mom did say today though that I have seriously dropped and seem to be carrying him really low so she thinks my water is going to break soon, but ya I think she's saying that cause she knows it's what I want to hear.
    Those November babies are so tiny... I'm actually a November due date. 
  • Options
    Totally random, but @annabenanna, did you see that PBS is premiering a new Anne of Green Gables movie on Thanksgiving?  With Martin Sheen as Matthew?  https://www.pbs.org/show/anne-green-gables/

• Options
    LauraPCOS said:
    Those November babies are so tiny... I'm actually a November due date. 
    They are! When I first saw they had 11 posts I was a bit scared for them, but then I realized it was full of SS having a conversation
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The bump log in malfunction really affected me in this thread because there are so many things! 

@CopperBoom86 I'm in the same insurance boat. Dh's company is so small that it costs the same to add me and dd (and this Lo) would add just as much cost on his insurance as having private insurance so we pay private so I can keep Geisinger (who I'm used to and like). However, we are going to look into CHIP when this little one comes. That is our 'kids insurance' (PA) and it covers all kids but with dd it was the same cost as a family of 3 with what we made. Now we will be a family of 4 and make the same so we will only pay like $100 a month for both kids. 

congrats @bamacoop I saw your name and I was so surprised! 

My randoms:
    re: the sex discussion, I'm due in two weeks and I keep thinking to myself that dh and I better start getting at it (we had like 3 weeks where we were at it all the time but then September hit and dd got sick and we got real life busy so sex stopped). My thing is since we use the PO method, this is the last 2 weeks (if she stays put) that we can keep that part up before we have to go back to 'being good' (sorry tmi!)

re: work, I swear everyday someone asks me how much longer I have and when I say 2 weeks (now) people are surprised I'm still at work. But since I only work 3 hours, I don't feel super pressed to leave since I don't feel like she's coming anytime soon. 

My random: we had to go out with my mil and SIL's family to celebrate mil's bday. There are SO MANY things I would love to bitch about but I won't because it would be a book. But the one thing I did want to say is as I was sitting down I must have made a face and my mil said something about 'is today the day?' And I said no she's just moving. So mil said aw and reached out her hand tentatively with a question on her face (aka I want to touch your stomach) and I was just like 'no'. 

I'm sorry but 1. I have never been that person regardless of who it is and 2. We don't like each other!! I know that doesn't extend to her grandchildren, but this Lo is not on the outside so she is literally still a physical part of me which means no. 
  • Options
    @orangeev, you know what's funny is that we had huge plans to go out tonight to a nice dinner, etc. But this morning we woke up so early, at 6am and cuddled in bed watching the Jon Benet Ramsey documentary. Then decorated for fall and now my feet are up and we are contemplating canceling dinner plans! I think we'll end up getting take out and then cuddling on the sofa again. Lol. 

@ignoscemihi Yaaaaas I saw that! But how can it ever be as good as the original? I can't imagine they'd be able to capture that you know? What are your thoughts? 
  • Options
    CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited September 2016
    @serenaxo84 - I pay $184 a month for my insurance. She made it very clear that mine would stay the same and to add the baby would be an ADDITIONAL $487 a month, totaling $671 a month. 

DH is insured by his employer and I'm insured by mine because that was the cheapest option. It would be more expensive to add him to mine or me to his. 

Also, I didn't look into adding my husband to my plan in addition to the baby. I'm sure it probably wouldn't be any more, but $671 a month is ludicrous to me, even if it's for 3 people. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @annabenanna I think it's going to be disappointing to people who grew up with the original, but it might bring a new generation of girls to the books.  I'm a fan of Martin Sheen, though, so maybe it'll be worth it for him alone.
  • Options
    @serenaxo84 - I pay $184 a month for my insurance. She made it very clear that mine would stay the same and to add the baby would be an ADDITIONAL $487 a month, totaling $671 a month. 

DH is insured by his employer and I'm insured by mine because that was the cheapest option. It would be more expensive to add him to mine or me to his. 

Also, I didn't look into adding my husband to my plan in addition to the baby. I'm sure it probably wouldn't be any more, but $671 a month is ludicrous to me, even if it's for 3 people. 
    @copperboom86 for sure! I didn't do the math $671 is insane. I am guessing you have different insurance laws than what we have here. I wonder if it would be an additional $184 to add your husband. I also wonder why your daughter is soooooo much more money!?
  • Options
    kmolleltz said:
    So at work in our infant room (non-crawlers) we currently have 12 babies from 6weeks old up to 9 months. They have two assigned staff caregivers for the room, plus any additional helpers as avaible. I've been helping out in there and MAN it's like never ending. But at the same time its making me feel really prepared for this baby (even though I know its a totally different ball game)
    Right?! When I was at the daycare I was in the infant room and we had 8 babies with 2 teachers. It was exhausting!! In the older rooms they kind've all are on the same schedule but when they're that little they all eat, sleep and need changed at different times so somebody always needs something! I feel super prepared though. I told DH to volunteer for a couple hours and he'd become a diaper changing pro haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LGW2015 said:
    kmolleltz said:
    So at work in our infant room (non-crawlers) we currently have 12 babies from 6weeks old up to 9 months. They have two assigned staff caregivers for the room, plus any additional helpers as avaible. I've been helping out in there and MAN it's like never ending. But at the same time its making me feel really prepared for this baby (even though I know its a totally different ball game)
    Right?! When I was at the daycare I was in the infant room and we had 8 babies with 2 teachers. It was exhausting!! In the older rooms they kind've all are on the same schedule but when they're that little they all eat, sleep and need changed at different times so somebody always needs something! I feel super prepared though. I told DH to volunteer for a couple hours and he'd become a diaper changing pro haha
    YES! haha. There is no way to put 12 infants on a schedule. The worst is that they bath them all one after another and then they all immediately want milk... its like juggling babies, haha. I should make DH come spend some extra time there (specifically for diaper changing) haha
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @serenaxo84 - I think part of the problem is that I work for such a small company. In our office, there are 4 people. We have another office in California that's larger, but they obviously use a completely different provider. Bcbs just doesn't offer the kinds of plans to small businesses that they do to larger businesses. It sucks, but it's just the way it is, I guess. DH also has bcbs, but he works for a larger company (50+ employees), so I'm hoping they'll offer a better rate there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ALSO there is a 1-week-old in D16! 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 That is a horribly expensive plan!! Fingers crossed for you guys that your H's company offers insurance rates that are a ton more reasonable.