October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/19

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/19

• mrszoess said:
    Another random now??? are we being punked or are we invaded by creepy lurkers bc i am really not into the voyeuristic tendencies of these people. 

can't get excited for babies i don't know sorry not sorry 
    This is sort of why I didn't post a pic in the birth announcements but did in the HDBD. I feel like too many random people look at that thread. I know HDBD is popular too but usually just by the other BMBs. 
  • Yay @mizzkbrat and @sjo_thetwins !! I'm itching to ask my boss if I can work from home until the end...I'm exhausted by the time I make it in to work...and then uncomfortable at my desk all day.

And, I would LOVE to be a SAHM...at least in the beginning.  It's awesome that you can make that work @sjo_thetwins ! Considering there's two babies, it's probably worth it in day care alone!! But, enjoy spending all that time with your little ladies - it'll be exhausting, but you'll be able to witness everything! :)  Not long now (fingers crossed, right?)!
  • Loading the player...
  • @SpaceBurger Regarding your oven-toting new co-worker. I just have SO many questions!! Do you have a spare oven that you can bring one to work? Did you bring it to your last work place? What kinds of things do you make? Do you whip things up at lunch or do you come in early before work?  Or do you consider your baking time part of your work time? How do you get the oven here since you obviously can't just throw it in your backseat?

So. Weird. You HAVE to keep us posted on whether or not she ends up bringing one in......
  • OMG greys anatomy tonight has me speechless  :o
    Right?! Also, was it you I was talking about This Is Us with on FB? 
  • @MRSCORKER I was wondering if I could ask my doctor for a note to work from home... She had previously said to just let her know if I wanted to go OUT before baby, but I kind of wanted to keep working.  I just don't want to make the haul into work every day...not to mention go through the process of looking presentable in the office.  It's exhausting!  I'm going to ask at my appointment on Monday... Thanks for the advice!
  • @MrsCorker and @LMNOBaby - I wouldn't have a good excuse to go out and am staying at work until 39w4d.  I live 1.3 miles away from work, haha!  I just don't like having to do my makeup, hair, and put real clothes on.  That's not really a valid excuse for myself, imo. Luckily it's FRIDAY, so I can have two days off to do last minute nesting and prep!
  • OrangeEv said:
    mrszoess said:
    Another random now??? are we being punked or are we invaded by creepy lurkers bc i am really not into the voyeuristic tendencies of these people. 

can't get excited for babies i don't know sorry not sorry 
    This is sort of why I didn't post a pic in the birth announcements but did in the HDBD. I feel like too many random people look at that thread. I know HDBD is popular too but usually just by the other BMBs. 
    Didn't think of that. I don't even open HDBD, so I'll probably post a pic here and on the FB group and just but my birth story in the announcement thread. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Piperella said:
    I don't mind loving a random stranger... but it IRRITATES me when you have declared you're jumping ship to September boards (like way back months ago) and stop participating here, but still post your birth announcement here.  Go do it over at your "new hangout".
    THIS! Hahaha. I went to her profile to figure out who she was and was like ...errrr, you jumped ship looooooooong time ago
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • RE: Greys Anatomy (!Contains spoilers!)

I love Alex. So much. I know what he did was terrible, but I don't care. I still love him! 

Meredith is being stupid. Who cares if Maggie has a stupid crush on Riggs. He doesn't like her, so even if Meredith steps out of the way, they're still not going to be together. Don't be dumb, Mer! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Piperella said:
    @MrsCorker and @LMNOBaby - I wouldn't have a good excuse to go out and am staying at work until 39w4d.  I live 1.3 miles away from work, haha!  I just don't like having to do my makeup, hair, and put real clothes on.  That's not really a valid excuse for myself, imo. Luckily it's FRIDAY, so I can have two days off to do last minute nesting and prep!
    I felt bad going WFH because I don't have a medical reason but I already worked from home twice a week so it wasn't a big change for my team at the office. Plus, I work 45 mins away which is sometimes an hour or more commute and it was starting to get really uncomfortable. I'm fine driving short distances but I can't really lean forward to look in my mirrors and my belly is almost touching the wheel. Also, I never thought something like taking a shower, putting on make-up and drying my hair would take so much energy! I seriously take a shower and then rest, put on make-up, rest, and then maybe I'll blow dry if I'm feeling ambitious. It takes 3 times as long as normal. Not to mention, my feet/ankles swell up to twice their size at the office because I can't elevate them, my chair kills my back... it was just a huge PITA! 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER He's wanting to do some 10 day cleanse with them, then I'm assuming make them an everyday part of his routine afterwards? I'm glad he'll be getting fresh greens and fruits! He's good at eating those anyway, but I'm sure everyone (myself included) could always use more :)
  • @MRSCORKER He's wanting to do some 10 day cleanse with them, then I'm assuming make them an everyday part of his routine afterwards? I'm glad he'll be getting fresh greens and fruits! He's good at eating those anyway, but I'm sure everyone (myself included) could always use more :)
    I've never done any sort of cleanse, I use smoothies as a post gym snack or sometimes as breakfast but even if they're higher in calories, protein and fat, you'll still get hungry sooner after than you would a solid food meal so they can sometimes be counter productive if you're trying to count calories. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I work 30 min away from home and that is on a good day with no traffic. Add in Houston traffic and it will take me over an hour to get home. The hospital is 25 min from my house... and my office is in the opposite direction. If my water were to break at the office, it would take me probably an hour and a half to get there. No way. I used these as points to WFH my last week. 
  • Aw enjoy it @annabenanna FI and I have been taking every opportunity alone to just relish in eachother's company. Wednesdays SS goes to his mom's so every Wednesday we have just been lazing around in eachother's arms enjoying the quiet. We dont know exactly when I am going into labor so it's a guessing game. We both took off next Wednesday for my birthday to go down to the beach, have a nice lunch together, and just be us. 

But man I am with you to say WHY CAN'T I HAVE ALL THE WINEZ AND DRUNK SEX AFTERWARDS?! 
  • @annabenanna all of that! I was trying to think about what to do this weekend with DH since it could be one of the last. Lots of stress free restaurant eating is in there, the movies, some CPE unfortunately, and just being lazy. 
  • RE: Greys Anatomy (!Contains spoilers!)

I love Alex. So much. I know what he did was terrible, but I don't care. I still love him! 

Meredith is being stupid. Who cares if Maggie has a stupid crush on Riggs. He doesn't like her, so even if Meredith steps out of the way, they're still not going to be together. Don't be dumb, Mer! 
    all of this!

Also, do you/y'all ever re-watch the old epi's of Grey's? Alex is SO SKINNY. I think he looks so much better beefed up a little like he is now :) 
  • @bnsmith85 I'm not on the Facebook group, I know I need to get on it for just this reason alone, but I've been on a Facebook "cleanse" and it's been kinda nice! 
    @CopperBoom86 I want to wack Joe actually, she needs to quit with the lies already. So what if she is married, get a restraining order and a divorce. To me it seems like a simple enough solution. Oh and Mer she just has to ruin everything. Those two are awesome together and they've already slept together SO... Really is it ever going to not be weird IF him and Maggie actually got together. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • what?! Why did I think you were on there? Lol @Schell2013
  • must skip over Grey's talk. Still trying to catch up on the last few episodes from last season!!!!! @Schell2013
    @CopperBoom86

• I haven't watched Grey's Anatomy since Jackson and April got (almost?) married. They did a mid-season break and I fell asleep the first episode back. Which meant I officially didn't care anymore! I love the early seasons though with the original crew.  <3
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • those are my favorites too @ibabyloveb87 ... I own the first few seasons and pull them out sporadically when I have nothing else going on and just watch... and cry when Denny dies. lol
    Side note- I also liked the music choices much better. I realize it's just background noise, but I notice it. I loved all the indie pop stuff they played... and all the Tegan and Sara
  • Sorry @mizzkbrat! I would use one of those nifty spoiler alert boxes if I knew how :(

@bnsmith85 - Yes, definitely noticed that Alex has beefed up! I think he's way hot. I love it when he says "shut up." It's my favorite! 

@Schell2013 - Jo does need a good slap! I love her and Alex together, but seriously, get over yourself and make good decisions, woman! 

Also, I miss Callie :( 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bnsmith85 I'm sure I'll cave one day and join again! I don't want to be abandoned either. 

@mizzkbrat seriously girl you gotta get caught up on that shit! I am however seriously impressed with your ability to save them for later, cause literally the second my Pvr is ahead enough that I don't have to watch any commercials I'm watching. 

@CopperBoom86 Joe is a ding dong sometimes, I know Alex made his choice in that situation but geesh she for sure didn't make things any easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My HR lady just called me back about adding Reagan to my insurance. It's going to be an additional $487.44 a month. Adding her to DH's insurance would be about the same. 

There's literally no way we can afford that. I looked into government assistance options in Alabama and, of course, we don't qualify. 

I have no idea what we're going to do. If anyone knows of any other options out there, could you please share? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 What the fuck? How do these people expect working and middle class families to survive?
  • @CopperBoom86 That is awful. Insurance companies are the greediest corporate entities, IMHO. Would it be any cheaper if all 3 of you went on the same plan? Could you get private insurance for her through healthcare.gov? (I wasn't sure if this is what you meant by government assistance options.) Unfortunately, those are my only suggestions. I'm sorry. 
  • @CopperBoom86 Holy crap- that's not feasible at all! I would look into a family plan all together. But past that I'm not really sure. (And I work in insurance...but not health!!!) It's so ridiculous. I need to look at mine again. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @AllyTheKid - I don't know. I'm at a loss for words. I'm literally dizzy and lightheaded. I had no idea it was going to cost that much. No idea. I pay $178 a month for mine. How is it that adding one baby could cost so much? And how can anyone afford anything close to that? That's half of our monthly mortgage. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • HOLY SHIT I'm sorry but that's just INSANE @CopperBoom86.  I don't have any advice but just wishing you luck in finding an alternative. Geez that's heartbreaking.  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• There's a government assistance here in Alabama called "All Kids." That's what I was referring to. We make about $2,000 too much a year to qualify for it. 

My work won't do a family plan, but maybe DH's will. I'll look into that. 

This system is so broken. We're a hard working, lower-middle class family. We WANT to support ourselves; We DON'T WANT hand-outs. But at this point, the only option we have might be for me to quit my job, so we can live off the government. They're making it so that we have to do that. I just don't understand. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry, @CopperBoom86.  Adding my LO will add about $320 a month to my insurance.  We are going to switch from a POS to a high deductible plan when the open enrollment dates roll around and will be adding DH as well. Does your work offer any other options other than the one plan?  I'd also check with healthcare.gov to see what options you have to enroll your LO into a government healthcare program.  We found them cheaper for my DH at the time when he was in school full time and working part time.
  • We will try enrolling her through the Marketplace, but I don't hold much hope for that. When DH was working with a company that didn't provide insurance, we got a quote from BCBS and one from the Marketplace. The Marketplace was $7 higher, so basically the same.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 I agree you should look into having you all on one insurance I think you would save more. We already have my step daughters on my H insurance so adding another child doesn't hurt us. But we pay a butt load a month for insurance, I think around 600 dollars or more.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @simcal18 seems to know a thing or two about this sort of thing, I can't say for certain, but hey girl if you see this and have any information I'm sure it's more than welcome!
  • @CopperBoom86 Health insurance is just awful! My DH always says, "A solution will present itself" which I've been chanting on and off this entire pregnancy, and it has helped a lot. Here's hoping there is something way better that will work out for you. Insurance is one of the worst things in the world.