October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/19

I didn't see this one started yet, so here you go!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/19

• Loading the player...
  • @TurtleMomma omg... I have SO MANY that I didn't read from last week. I was swamped at work on Wednesday and got so far behind it got to the point where I was like... nope... don't have time to catch up on this one! So I've been stalking the birth announcement and labor threads only lol. I also vow to keep up with this thread this week :)
  • Wow, @amye102485, 8 1/2 lbs?!?  That's one healthy little guy.

@TurtleMomma catching up on the randoms thread after missing even one day is daunting.
  • Got my hair cut on Saturday and DH does NOT like it. Well boo freaking hoo on you, sir!

Also, was at Ulta and bent over to get some powder off the bottom shelf (after trying to be good and squat down first...only to have to immediately stand straight up because of all the painful fluid in my knees/legs/ankles/feet) and totally did something heinous to my back. Pulled a muscle, or threw it out, or slipped a disc or something. Spent Saturday laid out on the couch in agony.

Spent Sunday looking up labor signs because my back hurt, oh and also had weird tightening of my belly. Had myself convinced I might be having early labor signs. But I don't think I am. Probably BH, but it was the first one I had and it was super weird. Just felt weird all weekend.

Now I'm at work with swollen feet and an ache-y back (hurts when I move some, but not as bad as over the weekend) contemplating lunch and life. As you do.

Pregnancy Ticker

• bnsmith85 said:
    @TurtleMomma omg... I have SO MANY that I didn't read from last week. I was swamped at work on Wednesday and got so far behind it got to the point where I was like... nope... don't have time to catch up on this one! So I've been stalking the birth announcement and labor threads only lol. I also vow to keep up with this thread this week :)
    I got 7 pages into last week's thread and couldn't finish. 

• My random, DS (3y) HAPPILY got on the school bus this morning, sat down without any help, waved at me and blew a kiss. I was absolutely dumbfounded and unprepared for that. I actually teared up.  :'(
    Yaaay! That's a really great thing! I'm so glad he was happy :) I know it's tough for you though.. .hugs!
  • @bnsmith85

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong at all. I'm happy that he's happy and confident, etc. I was just expecting a struggle but NOPE. He's apparently got this, lol. 

• @TurtleMomma just remember this moment for the days when he isn't happy to get on the bus.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Another baby!  Congrats @PCOSbaby!

Random question - I finally bit the bullet and hired a housecleaning service.  They are coming tomorrow to do a deep cleaning.  What should I do to prepare?  I'm trying to clear flat surfaces and the floor, and I cleaned out the fridge.  Anything else?
  • Another baby!  Congrats @PCOSbaby!

Random question - I finally bit the bullet and hired a housecleaning service.  They are coming tomorrow to do a deep cleaning.  What should I do to prepare?  I'm trying to clear flat surfaces and the floor, and I cleaned out the fridge.  Anything else?
    Send them to my house when you're done?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @ignoscemihi sounds like you probably already did, but do all the dishes if you don't want them doing them and putting them away in weird places. I get my surfaces as clear as possible aka shoving everything into cabinets. I even put away soap dispensers :)  It's seriously the best investment if you are stressing about cleaning. They aren't as expensive as I thought!
  • My push present to me is a housekeeper for 4 weeks due to the possibility of RCS if my VBAC doesn't work out and I'm not allowed to do anything for a month. But then even still I thought it would be a nice treat, I've never had one in my life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations @PCOSbaby !! Can't wait to see pictures of your little lady!!
  • @ignoscemihi I just hired a housekeeper as well, and I just tried to clear off surface clutter and pick up the floors, like others have said. I also requested that she do some of the up-high dusting that I can't get to anymore. I can't wait to see what my house looks like when I get home today!
  • cleaning ladies are the best. and @copperboom86 clowns are a valid reason for guns
  • @CopperBoom86 If I start seeing that crap
    down here in Texas, I will be carrying my husband's glock with me in the car. I hate scary clowns.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @CopperBoom86 they are reported being seen in a couple towns by me - in SC. Some of them are "false alarms" and maybe some are true but I think it's all so stupid. It originated in Greenville, SC and has gone haywire from there. 
  • Congrats @PCOSbaby can't wait to see pics!
  • @CopperBoom86, I heard about this from a friend  a few weeks ago!  Seriously the stuff of nightmares!  Who are these clowns????  WTF do they want???

• Just no to all these damn clowns.
    I went and got a pedicure today and it was nice.. my almost 2 year old is trying to give up her naps. No toddler, no. You're too small for that nonsense.  So she's in her crib right now throwing out all of her blankies and babies and I don't even care- she's quiet. I'm going to take a short nap and then get up and clean/make dinner and go to dinner with my friends from my old work a little later. I'm excited! Had an appt this am and all is well.. I declined a check for this week and said maybe next week.. so he checked me at 35 and nothing since then. I can't believe my due date is next weekend.. that's insanity. Thats all I've got for now.
  • @CopperBoom86 I heard about that! I absolutely hate clowns, I would die if I saw one...or go into labor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bamacoop - Yep! Those arrests were made in Flomaton, which is about 45 minutes from where I am. The chick who got arrested and the other juveniles created a Facebook page called "Flomo Klowns" and were threatening the local elementary and high school on there. Sick bastards. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 hahaha you crack me up
  • @SpaceBurger I was feeling guilty about it because I'm a stay-at-home mom and felt like I should be able to clean up myself, but everything hurts right now.

what exactly are the charges for the clown threat people?  Conspiracy to commit trespass?  Are they threatening to do something illegal?
  • @ignoscemihi - The 2 juveniles and 1 adult who were arrested in Flomaton, AL were charged with "making terroristic threats." They sent private messages to several HS students threatening their lives and posted numerous statuses on their "Flomo Klown" FB page saying things like "I kill people for a living" and "It's going down tonight" with gun emojis. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes! @CopperBoom86... they were apparently all around my home town! So weird!

@ignoscemihi  we just straighten up for our cleaning ladies. I do my own dishes b/c I don't know how well they'll clean them, so I make sure nothing is in the sink so they just don't even touch them. ALSO, check to see if they change sheets. Ours do so I lay fresh sheets on the bed for them to change for me.... And, although they're doing a deep clean, I'd be sure to specify anything you want them to make sure to get. Everyone's opinion of a deep clean is different. For example, my house cleaning isn't considered a deep clean, but I'll look out into the living room and they have the recliner flipped upside down so they can vacuum under it and they clean the baseboards here and there. 
    Finally... don't feel guilty. You're going to be so glad you spent the money on this. I promise!

• @CopperBoom86 Just realized I commented on the wrong thread. I promise I'm not laughing at the clown stuff, that crap is scary! I was laughing at your comment in the Monday Bitchfest 
  • bahaha.... on a call with my VP (we both work remotely) and he's asking how I'm doing (pregnancy-wise).... and if I'm big.  :D I'm not, so I can laugh about it... but I cannot believe he asked that! He is married, with two kids. He should know better!
    Then again, I've also been in a meeting with him at our home office when he pulled out a freakin' guitar and started playing it while someone was speaking. WTF? This guy is an idiot.
  • @SpaceBurger - It's not your fault I'm being a post whore on both threads today. Apparently, along with being bitchy, I need all the attention, as well. :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • hahaah @CopperBoom86 I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was a psycho laughing at clowns that wanted to murder children 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    bahaha.... on a call with my VP (we both work remotely) and he's asking how I'm doing (pregnancy-wise).... and if I'm big.  :D I'm not, so I can laugh about it... but I cannot believe he asked that! He is married, with two kids. He should know better!
    Then again, I've also been in a meeting with him at our home office when he pulled out a freakin' guitar and started playing it while someone was speaking. WTF? This guy is an idiot.

I'm not sure whether that's rude or hilarious... 

And now I'm wondering why I HAVEN'T heard about scary clowns?! Reporting on stupid Americans is the European media's favorite pastime - being both downright ridiculous AND scary I would have thought this would be the #1 story! 
    Stay safe, guys!
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • bnsmith85 said:
    bahaha.... on a call with my VP (we both work remotely) and he's asking how I'm doing (pregnancy-wise).... and if I'm big.  :D I'm not, so I can laugh about it... but I cannot believe he asked that! He is married, with two kids. He should know better!

I'm not sure whether that's rude or hilarious... 

And now I'm wondering why I HAVEN'T heard about scary clowns?! Reporting on stupid Americans is the European media's favorite pastime - being both downright ridiculous AND scary I would have thought this would be the #1 story! 
    Stay safe, guys!
    I'll tell you... it's rude AF. In my opinion anyway. The first time I saw it, I know my jaw was hanging open because I just couldn't believe what I was witnessing. lol
  • @books&icecream... just tagged you in a video of an example of the guitar situation on FB. I'm hoping y'all will be able to play the video even though it was shared from someone else's page.
  • @bnsmith85 that is ridiculous! Lol what the heck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So, what do we think of the rando's on the birth announcement thread?