February 2017 Moms
Options

Has anyone discussed cloth diapers vs. regular diapers with their SO?

12345679»

Re: Has anyone discussed cloth diapers vs. regular diapers with their SO?

• Options
    We're in cloth! Thirsties duo with jelly roll prefolds is working great for us! Rumparooz covers fit...as did the blueberry capri. Definitely need the double leg gusset right now though.
  • Options
    Who is already in cloth? We tried one on today and still have HUGE gaps around the legs. All ours are one-sized... Will try a different brand today but advice is greatly appreciated!
    Even my kid isn't in OS yet, except for one brand (Best Bottom). You probably just need a little more time. We are in cloth, but I got a NB stash. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo  We've been in cloth since we came homer from the NICU @ 6lbs. We use NB sized rumparoo cover and GMD NB prefold. 
  • Options
    We are using thirsties NB aio, I'm guessing DD won't fit into our OS pockets for a while. We have had some leaking out leg holes because my baby is inexplicably long but still very skinny. No real solution, we just change her clothes a lot and hope she gets some thigh chunk going soon. I've thought about adding a doubler but not sure it would fit or help...they already seem pretty bulky.
  • Options
    Same as @Patience7150, using Thirsties Duo Wraps with Jelly Roll fold GMD Prefolds. I also have a couple Newborn AIOs that I've been trying to get some use out of because she's almost too big for those.
  • Options
    Kashy17Kashy17 member
    edited February 2017
    We have been in cloth since she was 5.5 weeks and home from the NICU.   She was just under 6lbs.  We use rumparoo and bummis newborn covers with flats.  They were bulky but fit well.  Also bumgenuis nb and some thirsties xs all in ones and they gapped a bit at the legs.  Still in nb stuff as I tried a OS and it is SO big on her.  
    Edit:  to add that she is now 8.5lbs. She dose out pee the obsorbancy on the aio's if left longer then 2 hours, but they are working well.   They are my out and about diapers so I'm not fussing with my flats, covers and snappis.  
  • Options
    Here is a pic of how to adjust a OS to fit a nb

• Options
    Here is a pic of Anna in a thirsties xs and a BG OS (pocket). 

• Options
    We are in NB cloth, but some are still gappy around the legs and leaking. So we are about 50/50 cloth and disposables, until he gets a little more thigh chub!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    We haven't started yet,  maybe tomorrow. I have some newborn AIOs and prefolds with covers.  Between trying to avoid him peeing on me and the kicking and crying, not sure how fastening a prefold will go on this guy! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are in cloth about 75% of the time. We have a mix of prefolds, AIO's, fitteds and mini pockets. He is still under 7lbs at a month, so we have leg gaps with all but BG newborns, Thirsties newborn AIO's and the prefolds/fitteds. Our only issue with the fitteds is that our Bummis newborn covers are too small for them and our other covers are too big. So right now we do disposables at night. One less thing to worry about!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks, ladies! We have a small nb prefold stash but she is already too big for them! Our other prefolds look HUGE on her (she's not even 9lbs yet) 

It sounds like we need to stay in sposies for a while but I'll try that fold @Kashy17!
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! We have a small nb prefold stash but she is already too big for them! Our other prefolds look HUGE on her (she's not even 9lbs yet) 

It sounds like we need to stay in sposies for a while but I'll try that fold @Kashy17!
    You can always pad fold/tri fold the prefolds and use them that way as well.  
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo we hit an awkward in between size, too. Took about a week and change, and now the regular size prefolds, while still extremely 'fluffy' on him, fit way better and we're successfully back in cloth :) 
  • Options
    Hmm. I haven't started yet since she's still under 6lbs and in preemie diapers... but reading this thread I should try the newborns now!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Starfish113 we left the hospital in size 1s and the newborn/orange trim gmd clotheez were already too small! Never hurts to try!
  • Options
    @Starfish113 we left the hospital in size 1s and the newborn/orange trim gmd clotheez were already too small! Never hurts to try!
    Me too! So annoying. I'm hoping they'll have decent resale value unused. 
  • Options
    We also had our guy in NB bummis for maybe 5 minutes. We now use the prefolds change time pee shields, etc. We are probably 50/50 disposables and cloth because we are still building our stash. We've got AMP pockets, but we don't stuff the liners so we can reuse the covers if they aren't soiled. They do fit around the legs and waist, but they create a massive fluff butt. He looks like one of those knock 'em inflatable things that bounce upright? It also makes the 0-3 onesies very snug:

• Options
    Let's just say that double gussets are a big winner today.......it could have been an extremely messy day without them....