September 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread - August!

Re: Symptoms Thread - August!

• Options

I am so impressed at the ladies who are still wearing their wedding rings - I gave up at 16 weeks and bought a cheap set on Amazon, and now I am outgrowing that. :( I have tiny sausage fingers at this point, how much more swollen can they get???

This 100%, though I'm just going ringless until the foreseeable future.Though, fun fact! I can actually wear my husbands wedding band on my ring finger :o

Also - I cant decide if I'm reverting back to the first tri where I just feel nauseous all the time because of hormones/whatever, or if I'm eating too much in one sitting and it just digests realllly slowly...either way, I feel gross.
  • Options
    Jabreen said:
    That would happen to me pre-pregnancy, as well as some now, too.  How soon after you arrive does your OB/nurse take your heart rate?  Is it recently after you walked into the office, or had you been sitting for a while?  Mine doesn't check heart rate, but I know that it elevates much quicker than it used to and is much more responsive to stress (emotional and physical) than it used to be.  You're probably right that water/exercise will probably help some, though!
    My midwife takes my heart rate about 45 minutes into our hour-long appointments. I think it's a result of normal third-trimester anxiety and it being hard for me to breathe. That's interesting that yours doesn't check heart rate. That makes me feel like I am probably making a bigger deal of this than I should be. Thanks for your help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RG1 said:
    @PSUBecky23 Yes I threw up Thursday night. I keep getting dizzy and the feeling like I'm extremely hungry and going to throw up. Mostly at night. I went to the OB and they said it was heartburn and I've been taking Zantac before bed which seems to be helping. Any chance it's from heartburn? Mine doesn't feel like typical reflux but now that I know it's heartburn, it does make sense. I actually don't ever burp so I didn't notice any gas coming up but I can feel/hear it bubbling. 
    I'll have to ask my OB. I've noticed heartburn before bed recently but just attributed it to end of the day/lying down. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ansley0319 sounds like maybe sweat? I have a ridiculous amount of crotch and ass sweat now any time I'm outside! Embarrassingly bad. You were walking and outside in the summer, do you think that could be it?
  • Options
    I had one day last week where I felt very sick. Horrible stomach pains and had to go to the bathroom. After that I threw up about three times. Stomach hurt to sit up so I took a good 2.5 hour nap and then felt fine. Not sure what that was as it was the first time I've felt sick like that this entire time. Haven't felt sick since so I'm guessing it may have been a bug or just something I ate? Weird. 
  • Options
    The skin under my boobs hurts ... across my ribs. It's like a burning/pinching sensation, but when I touch the skin there it is numb. It's really weird. It almost feels like my bras are too tight or something but I've tried switching sizes and nothing really helps.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    @homebird I have that too! It's so weird, and it's worse under my right boob. I've been blaming it on either bra chafing or my ribs expanding, but who knows.
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    edited August 2016
    My feet have moved on to the sausage stage. When I walk they move like jello and actually hurt a bit. 

is it normal for them to be tingly as well?
  • Options
    My lovely new symptom this month -- shingles. I had it last year, and it looks like I'm having a flare up.  Painful, itchy rash on my back that causes pain around my torso.  Even worse, it's right on my bra line, so every time I have to wear it, it makes the pain worse.
  • Options
    @homebird me too, with the bra/rib soreness.  Last night in the middle of the night I put an ice pack on it cause it was keeping me awake!
  • Options
    @CantanteLirica that's a good idea!

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    frogdog06frogdog06 member
    edited August 2016
    +1 for the soreness, but more alongside the bra line on my  sides...I am 100% sure it's due to stretching for me. Soo unpleasant. My belly feels uber tight today too and it's definitely due to the stretching/growing. It's also much harder to move around and get comfortable at night.

I'm hoping my feet don't outswell my Birkenstocks which I've had to loosen two notches already.
    I've also heard our feet may not go back to the same size?!?!?!
  • Options
    I think I might have a clogged milk duct... I've got this painfully tender spot on my breast but I can't feel the hard lump that people say comes with the clogged duct. I had it a few weeks ago after wearing sports bras for a few days and it went away after I massaged it a lot, especially while in the shower. I wore sports bras in the past few days so that's why I think that's it. Ciuld it be? Anyone else dealing with this?

I've been peeing a lot recently too. I feel a ton of pressure on my cervix and I'm feeling urgency to go about every 15 minutes. I was able to sit through a whole movie without peeing on Saturday but this started yesterday and it's not going away. My bump doesn't look any different so I don't think baby's dropped (a little early for that anyway) but I hope it eases up a little bit. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom Yes to both these symptoms! My left breast has hurt so much the last two days and I thought it was because I didn't wear a bra all day Saturday. I massaged it in the shower and some colostrum came out and it felt better. I also wondered about clogged duct but can that happen now?!

and the peeing. I get so annoyed by it. Last night I went before brushing my teeth, read in bed for 10 mins and went again, then laid down and had to go again. I'm seriously worried if I don't go I will pee the bed so I keep getting up but it feels constant 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I hope this isn't TMI (although I think our group is past the point of TMI). I can't stop going poop. I know normally pregnancy/prenatals can cause constipation. But I haven't been constipated at all thoughout pregnancy. I have always been very regular; going to the bathroom the same time every day. But within the past month I sometimes have to go 6 times in one day  :/ It doesn't hurt when I have to go, just a really strong urge. Anyone else dealing with this?? 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    Yes to almost all of these! Third tri nausea, heartburn, elevated HR/difficulty catching my breath, left side/rib burning, increased discharge.... Here's to getting rid of these symptoms and trading them for a squishy baby!
  • Options
    I have a pimple on my inner thigh from all the rubbing and chaffing and I can't freaking reach it to pop it and it hurtssssss.

Underneath my boobs are also hurting I barely wear bras at this point because they are just so uncomfortable.

@ahackett1990  I'll have some days where I poop all day long and some where I don't at all. If it doesn't hurt I wouldn't worry too much but that's annoying!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Add snoring to the list. Like, the type where i wake my husband up and he has to ask if i'm ok...
    :::onlyfivemoreweeksonlyfivemoreweeksonlyfivemoreweeks:::
  • Options
    @RG1 I believe it can happen. Dr Google said it ciuld be a clogged milk duct during pregnancy and I remember my OB mentioned the same as a possibility when I had some chest pain a few weeks ago  (it ended up being muscular). I'd ask him but my next appointment is not until next week and the pain isn't strong enough to call.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @RG1 I believe it can happen. Dr Google said it ciuld be a clogged milk duct during pregnancy and I remember my OB mentioned the same as a possibility when I had some chest pain a few weeks ago  (it ended up being muscular). I'd ask him but my next appointment is not until next week and the pain isn't strong enough to call.
    I'll ask my OB tomorrow anout it and get back to you about whether that's what he thinks mine is. 
  • Options
    You guys... I can barely walk this morning!!! What the heck? My butt muscles, my groin muscles, and my vagina are so freaking sore! It's seriously painful to just get off the couch to go to the bathroom! 

No new activity (or any for that matter) that could have caused this. 

Wah! 
  • Options
    @reesaXden  OMG. Same here and today is my baby shower at work and I walked in like soo late. If people weren't already noticing my depleting ability to be on time they are especially today.. :disappointed:

I am also feeling a lot of pressure in that central area.. i'm thinking he is just balled up? Or his head is in a tighter spot than normal.. Idk but definitely feeling sore and achy today. 
  • Options
    @reesaXden Sounds like your hips have spread. When mine first started opening, and I was still trying to walk/jog like pre-pregnancy, it was excruciating to move around. Now, I ache every morning or after long periods of sitting, but it works itself out pretty quickly. I recommend easy stretches, sitting cross-legged or butterfly, and Tylenol!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies, @Jabreen and @ansley0319

As of Sunday I was 2cm and 60% so it makes perfect sense that my hips are spreading.  Never even thought of that.  I swear my brain is mush these days!! 
  • Options
    @reesaXden yes! My butt muscles- It feels like I did a shit ton of squats! Wish that were the case but nope. I have found that doing butterfly stretches, like @Jabreen said, seems to help! 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    @reesaXden Me too! It started Sunday and I feel like I have to brace myself whenever I stand. It's so painful. I remember being sore with my girls, but not like this. Even rolling over in bed is rough.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've been having brown tinged mucus discharge last night and today, is this the start of my mucus plug coming out? This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect!
  • Options
    I pulled something in my groin area getting out of bed this morning and it is very painful when I walk. Also my breasts have started to leak and I now get to wear nursing pads. 
  • Options
    Emillz5 said:
    I've been having brown tinged mucus discharge last night and today, is this the start of my mucus plug coming out? This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect!
    I would say yes, but would call my doctor just in case it wasn't. Don't worry though, losing your mucus plug often doesn't mean anything and it just happens. A lot of times it will regenerate.
  • Options

@mamasquishyB Oh No! I've had shingles a few times. I can't imagine being pregnant with shingles. Is there anything you can take or do to relieve the pain?

I've been a 'lurker' for a while now, but had to reach out to you because I can only imagine how awful you must be feeling.

• Options
    @MamaSquishyB sorry you have to deal with shingles especially while pregnant. So painful.
  • Options
    LizC216 said:
    Any one else losing their appetite? Like I have no desire to eat. I'll force myself to eat, but nothing sounds appetizing. It's kind of like the first trimester, but without the nausea. Maybe the heat has something to do with it?
    I'm fine for breakfast and lunch but I force myself to eat dinner most nights. I think it's a combination of slow digestion and a squished stomach. It happened last time too!
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    LizC216 said:
    Any one else losing their appetite? Like I have no desire to eat. I'll force myself to eat, but nothing sounds appetizing. It's kind of like the first trimester, but without the nausea. Maybe the heat has something to do with it?
    Yes, nothing sounds appealing, even though I feel hungry (sounds like you don't feel hungry?). I am starting to get a bit nauseous while eating too. I thought maybe because of heartburn and stomach being squished. I said to H yesterday, I don't know how I am going to eat enough for this baby these last weeks if this keeps up
  • Options
    New symptom for me, bedwetting. I've been down the is it fluid or something else road before and I'm 99.8% sure it's tinkle. My husband changed the sheets without complaint this time, we'll see how many more times it happens in the next few weeks though. Super cool. 
  • Options
    @MamaSquishyB noo not shingles!! I'm so sorry you're dealing with that-- Not a fun way to get through the third tri! 

@LizC216 yes!! I get really hungry in the morning, but besides that I don't have much of an appetite at all. Last night I ate the tiniest dinner, and DH was a little weirded out, but I swear it's just because there is not much room anymore. 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @jas1982 Aww sorry :( Good hubby though!!
  • Options
    Is anyone else having all over body restlessness? Like restless legs, but over your arms and body too? 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    OBMommy said:
    Is anyone else having all over body restlessness? Like restless legs, but over your arms and body too? 
    I noticed this in my hands the last few nights. I keep having to shake my hand and try and crack my knuckles (which I never do) to try and feel better  
  • Options
    @LizC216 Yep, and when I do eat I end up unpleasantly full and nauseated. I'm trying to eat smaller portions, but it's down to about a quarter bowl of Cheerios and I'm still feeling gross after...

@OBMommy I've been feeling that. Not too bad during the day, since I can move around, but it's really frustrating at night when DH is trying to snuggle up. I don't want to push him off, but my limbs get so antsy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers