September 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread - August!

Re: Symptoms Thread - August!

• Options
    @OBMommy   YES! I've been having "restless body syndrome" since the 2nd trimester and it wakes me up in the middle of the night. No clue what causes it. My nurse/midwife tells me it's anxiety but it can also be just hormones doing weird things to your nerves. Diclegis WAS helping, but not really anymore. Bleh  

My symptom:  Holy Leg Cramp! I've been getting them, very small ones, in the middle of the night but they've been easy to work out and don't wake me all the way up. Last night I came out of bed with a cramp in my calf. It was so intense and no amount of flexing or massaging would work, but standing and walking around did. Then it was super sore this morning. I took a morning walk with my mom, which helped the soreness, but even now it'll ache a little if I try to stretch it. Hopefully it was a fluke and I don't have to deal with many of those these last 7 weeks before baby arrives. Ouchie.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The past week I have developed strong lower back pain, bellyaches, and headaches. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nosebleeds are back!  Yay.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    MojieJo said:
    Nosebleeds are back!  Yay.
    I've been getting them too! And even though my nose is nowhere close to my  vagina, any time I see blood I have a sinking, "oh shit" feeling before I realize it's just my nose.
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    This is a TMI but has anybody had black tar like stools? I'm 35 weeks and the last couple have been like this. I haven't been feeling the greatest and did throw up a few times last week and pretty much anything I have ate today makes me feel sick. I do not take prenatals at all so it's not the iron.
  • Options
    Since yesterday I keep getting a pinching pain low (like where my big belly comes back in) I am guessing this is my body preparing for her to drop? It reminds of the the uterus stretching feeling in the first tri. 36 week doc appt tomorrow and I will mention it.
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    I've been waking up with blurry vision, it goes away almost immediately and I read that its normal but it still makes me nervous. Anyone else?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else feel like they got kicked in the kidney? I have this pain in my back kidney area - maybe I'm not drinking enough water? 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    Anyone else feel like they got kicked in the kidney? I have this pain in my back kidney area - maybe I'm not drinking enough water? 
    I have no idea where my kidney is!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    asht said:
    This is a TMI but has anybody had black tar like stools? I'm 35 weeks and the last couple have been like this. I haven't been feeling the greatest and did throw up a few times last week and pretty much anything I have ate today makes me feel sick. I do not take prenatals at all so it's not the iron.
    Not to worry you, but my SIL had tar-like stools and her Dr said that's indicative of old blood. She had a colonoscopy and they never found anything, but they still
    think it was blood. She wasn't pregnant at the time though. I would just mention it to your doctor, it could always just be food you ate or something. But never hurts to mention.
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    asht said:
    Not to worry you, but my SIL had tar-like stools and her Dr said that's indicative of old blood. She had a colonoscopy and they never found anything, but they still
    think it was blood. She wasn't pregnant at the time though. I would just mention it to your doctor, it could always just be food you ate or something. But never hurts to mention.
    @asht did you possibly take peptobismol recently? My friend took some (not pregnant) and had black tar poo and the doctor said it was caused by pepto 
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    RG1 said:
    asht said:
    @asht did you possibly take peptobismol recently? My friend took some (not pregnant) and had black tar poo and the doctor said it was caused by pepto 
    No but several weeks ago I did learn internal hems are an issue this time around. While I haven't had an issue with them since I have been feeling sick for a few days with more bms than normal so wondering if they didn't just get flared up again
  • Options
    Stress and anxiety has kicked in over here. Vented in the randoms thread about it. I think the lack of sleep is making it so much worse. I dunno how I am going to get everything done but hopefully I can catch up on sleep this weekend and create a plan so I feel better. 
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @asht I would bet that's it. I would still tell my OB, but I bet it's old blood from those.
  • Options
    Thank God it's not just me, but I'm sorry you ladies are with me on the restlessness. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing it :) 
  • Options
    I would do anything to rid myself of this carpel tunnel! My hands ache so bad in the mornings that I can barely make a fist, have difficulty using a knife when I eat, go tingly all the time...UGH!! I had issues just pulling my sheets of the bed to wash them :( I really really hope this symptom disappears immediately at birth!! 
  • Options
    Is anyone else experiencing sharp pain around/on their tailbone? Just when I thought I couldn't physically be more uncomfortable...
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    JLmama118 said:
    Is anyone else experiencing sharp pain around/on their tailbone? Just when I thought I couldn't physically be more uncomfortable...
    Like down in your glutes kind of? I was having sharp pain on each side where I imagined my tailbone ended and met my hips in my glutes. Went to physio and she did an adjustment to my leg and it's been fine since. She said it was my SI joint (and I was lucky I wasn't having sciatica from it). But it was a very specific spot on both sides. Is that where yours is?
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    I would do anything to rid myself of this carpel tunnel! My hands ache so bad in the mornings that I can barely make a fist, have difficulty using a knife when I eat, go tingly all the time...UGH!! I had issues just pulling my sheets of the bed to wash them :( I really really hope this symptom disappears immediately at birth!! 
    Get some braces they will help
  • Options
    Thanks @asht Part of me didn't want to buy something that I wouldn't use for more than a few weeks but I don't think I can manage much longer without some relief. 

I'll go find some today, how long did you need to wear them before you felt a difference?
  • Options
    I am having an extremely short temper these days. I'm not snapping at people but certain people's voices are just overwhelmingly annoying and I have to walk away. I never used to feel annoyed, like ever. Now I just don't want to be around ANY other people. Just want to be at home, in my bed and if my husband MUST speak to me besides offering food- let it please be in a whisper. 

I am just feeling like I need to cry. But I don't want to ! Time for a temper tantrum and a nap.. it's not even 9am. I honestly am jealous of people already on maternity leave or that are able to be at home instead of work. 
  • Options
    @ansley0319  You are not alone! People bug me super easily now including my DH who is awesome! I am definitely way more on edge now and it is so much work to try and hide it!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @blondie080300  Seriously. My DH is being so nice and going out of his way to be out of my way, hahah. But he is being too sweet like wanting to cuddle and chit chat and I just want to be alone and asleep. I hope this passes soon, before I hurt his feelings. 
  • Options
    Ok and this sounds so bad, but even friends and family who are calling/messaging to check in on me are really getting on my nerves! Everyone seems super needy for my attention right now and they want to get together or assume something is wrong if I haven't responded in 10 hours (via text or FB). I am busy and I appreciate all of the offers but there is nothing they can do to help. Just quit bugging me for updates when I am not in labor. And I am more annoyed that I have to sound all nice and sweet and appreciative and give them explanations for why I can't hang out or how I am doing physically. I know it sounds so ungrateful. I am sharing this because I know it is the hormones and not really how I normally feel. Lol.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @AnnaS930 Yes on warning the husband! I don't always recognize the grouchiness, but when I do it helps us both of us deal if I can give him a verbal warning. 
  • Options
    My hips are all achy. I've started getting cramps in my hip areas at night and in the early morning from sleeping on my side. The only thing that makes them stop is getting out of bed and standing up to re-balance everything. So far, no more severe leg cramps. Hoping I only had to experience one of those this go 'round.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @blondie080300 - my only solution to this is that I respond right away but with a short response, and don't respond again if there is followup.  They can send me lots of text and I will respond with "Doing great! Thanks!" and leave it at that... even if they had offers to help, etc.. I assume that telling them I'm doing great implies that no help is needed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaS930 I live in Houston and that's pretty normal horn behavior around here. :)
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    I have certainly been a little short with people...my husband and Mom especially.  And then i usually feel terrible about it after, yet don't apologize---geez even worse.

I think this little girl is slowly wiggling her way further down because lately i've been feeling as if i have a full super size tampon that i need to change...how great would it be to just pull a cord to pull our a baby and get instant relief! lol
    Lol! That would be fabulous!
  • Options
    Breathing is not easy these past few days. I am trying so hard to get comfortable at my desk at work and I just feel like I am suffocating. I fear the baby may have turned posterior again too since I have been feeling more back pain again. Why can't I just work these last 5 weeks from home??

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @BLONDIE080300 I noticed my breathing difficulties have changed in the last week or so. I used to get winded from walking up stairs or something like that, but now I actually can't breathe when I'm laying down on my back or left side and I can't take a deep breath. It almost feels asthmatic like I start coughing if I try and take a deep breath and then I panic a little bit. The heat probably does help either  :(
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    Thanks @asht Part of me didn't want to buy something that I wouldn't use for more than a few weeks but I don't think I can manage much longer without some relief. 

I'll go find some today, how long did you need to wear them before you felt a difference?
    I usually just use mine every night when I sleep. I am constantly writing during the day so can't. They don't fix all but relieves a lot quick because it puts everything in the best position to increase fluid movement
  • Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited August 2016
    Ladies I'm having severe leg cramps. Any advice??
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @AmMcc12 lots of water, eat something with potassium like a banana. Try Gatorade too, maybe you need some electrolytes. And for the love of God, never point your toes.
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    AmMcc12 said:
    Ladies I'm having severe leg cramps. Any advice??
    What my doc told me was banana and milk everyday. Potatoes are good too but not as healthy as the banana. Also increase water. 
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 lots of water, eat something with potassium like a banana. Try Gatorade too, maybe you need some electrolytes. And for the love of God, never point your toes.
    I have my jug o water next to me and ate a banana earlier. They feel like really bad growing pains and it hurt to walk. I'll have to try some Gatorade!!
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @AmMcc12 same here with the leg cramps feeling like growing pains. Today it's moved up to my back as well. Whole body aches like I have the flu :( let me know if the Gatorade helps! I'm probably not drinking enough water, if I'm being honest about it. 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!