September 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread - August!

Re: Symptoms Thread - August!

• Ugggh I had a bunch of berries last night and beans with dinner. Guess which symptom I'm dealing with... I'm glad I have a fan in my office!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @asht I finally bought the brace on Saturday and I am finding that it helps. My OB told me to wear during day too since my finger is numb constantly now, it's awkward but is improving. A little bit of a hassle for typing but I can manage. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thirsty all the time. It helps me get my water in, but if I don't have a water bottle with me, I get parched immediately. In the morning, I drink 16 oz. right when I get up because my mouth feels like a dessert. This also means I am peeing non-stop. I know fluids are important, but it almost seems excessive. Anyone else feeling thirsty all the time?

• @nativetexan512 I think it's impossible for me to drink enough during the day, I am just never NOT thirsty
  • ashtasht member
    I just either hurt all the time or am numb. If I sit me feet go numb and my hands are numb or tingling 80% of the time. 

Means horribly vivid dreams. They are mostly about baby and baby crying but I can't find baby
  • My tummy is sore! It feels like I did hundreds of sit ups.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So much pubic symphysis pain all the time. It's just a constant deep ache in my crotch, and it's getting so uncomfortable. I know some of you are feeling this same thing too, oh man it's rough! The worst for me is going from sitting to standing, I feel like I am ripping my pelvis in half when I take my first few steps. 
  • AmMcc12 said:
    Ladies I'm having severe leg cramps. Any advice??
    Magnesium and calcium are always very helpful to alleviate muscle cramps. There is a supplement named "calm" that you can get with magnesium only or magnesium plus calcium. I've been taking calm since my BFP it has been so helpful. There is lots of good info online about using it in pregnancy. Good luck. 
  • @ahackett1990 I know I never drink enough water too. I'm so bad at it for some reason. It's like I'm too busy/scatter brained to drink enough. I think it does help with so many symptoms though!
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • ashtasht member
    AmMcc12 said:
    Magnesium and calcium are always very helpful to alleviate muscle cramps. There is a supplement named "calm" that you can get with magnesium only or magnesium plus calcium. I've been taking calm since my BFP it has been so helpful. There is lots of good info online about using it in pregnancy. Good luck. 
    For anybody going this route make sure doc old it. Mine would not ok anything additional besides what you get from foods and prenatals 
  • lickasticklickastick member
    edited August 2016
    asht said:
    AmMcc12 said:
    For anybody going this route make sure doc old it. Mine would not ok anything additional besides what you get from foods and prenatals 
    Absolutely worth talking to your doctor about it, my midwife is completely on board. I'm also an acupuncturist and feel 100% fine taking supplements I've researched and know a lot about. Always work with your care professionals if you have any reservations. 
  • The week (33) my back has been hurting more an more each day.  In the morning it's fine but by bedtime the entire back will hurt pretty bad.  I sit at a desk at work and have been leaning back for the most part for over a month. I wonder is this just a normal pregnancy thing or I am doing something?
  • SLou24 said:
    So much pubic symphysis pain all the time. It's just a constant deep ache in my crotch, and it's getting so uncomfortable. I know some of you are feeling this same thing too, oh man it's rough! The worst for me is going from sitting to standing, I feel like I am ripping my pelvis in half when I take my first few steps. 
    Omg. Yes. Sitting to standing is the WORST. Rolling over in bed comes in a close second place. I'm so ready for this constant pain to be gone. 
  • My worst hip pain happens when I go from laying down to sitting. I grunt my way up and have seriously taken over a minute to do it more than once! One time, I gave up while I was on my back getting ready to sit up because it hurt so much and I apparently fell asleep like that so I woke up dizzy and my belly was in so much pain. Oops!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I want to eat everything in sight today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RG1 yes yes this is me!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not really a symptom I guess, but does anyone notice that their baby hiccups at the same times every day? My little guy has hiccups three times a day within an hour window each time. Crazy.
  • @Thscary I find mine hiccups at around the same time each night. I also noticed she gets them more a little bit after I eat. I figure the noise wakes her up and she practices her breathing because she's awake then.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  • Anybody have sharp pain in their back? I often get a poking feeling about halfway up my back on the right side and it huuuuurts.  I also have a lot of pain in/under my right ribs in the front, the nurse said that's probably organs being smushed by babies. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• I feel like some days I am starving all day long and could eat anything within reach...and on other days I have to make myself eat and feel nauseas after. I am ready to have my normal digestive system back 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mamadomino I am getting so much sharp pain in my back. It feels like a pinched nerve, and nothing seems to make it better. I hates it. No advice at all, just commiseration.
  • @mamadomino I have right rib pain and have for a while. The organ smashing explanation makes sense. I always chalked it up to ribs expanding, but it's been going on for so long now. I'm over both shmushing and  expanding!
  • @jas1982 and @abberson thanks! At least it's not just me I guess?
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• I woke up twice last night literally choking on stomach bile- if this a thing?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds similar to my night @katiey23 but mine was from heartburn. I ate ice cream far too late and I suffered because of it. :(
  • @rock1cherry ugh that's probably where I went wrong too. Betrayed by the Tonight Dough.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Still puking/nauseous and still have this damn metal mouth that just never ever goes away! I'm so ready to be finished being pregnant....
  • @katiey23 - yes, choking on refluxed acid is absolutely a thing and EXTREMELY unpleasant/scary.  Luckily I haven't had it happen this time, but had it a few times last pregnancy. Blech!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think the consensus was that this was normal, but wanted to throw it out there again. My ankles have been swelling lately.. very noticeable but nothing that makes me scared.  Today my right ankle is definitely more swollen than my left.. but I'm guessing I've been crossing my ankles or doing something to put more pressure on those veins.  Who else had experienced this last pregnancy, @camichael84 my dear, was it you??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Swelling ain't no joke. I've dealt with congestion all pregnancy because of swollen nasal passages and between that, weight gain and shortness of breath, I woke up in a panic because I couldn't breathe. It didn't help that I was dreaming that I was being forced by someone (don't know who) to leave DH and be with my ex and I started having a panic attack in my dream  :D

Now, when I wake up, my hand and foot on the side opposite of the one I slept on is swollen. Also, mentioned this in ticker change, but I threw up randomly this morning and my whole face swelled up and I couldn't breathe! I admit, I'm now a little scared of pushing.
  • Dear God, the diarrhea! Also, add me to the SP pain...its hard to stand up straight sometimes!
  • ashtasht member
    edited August 2016
    I have not had them be different in volume of swelling but I did notice last night he tops of my feet were a bit purple they were so swollen. They are also pretty painful/tender to touch.
  • RG1RG1 member
    I've been having inner thigh cramps on my right leg (almost like a spasm) off an on. I asked my physio about it and she said it's just from how baby might be laying and he will push on nerves. It's such a weird feeling and I can't walk through it!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Ugh the cramping - I've been having cramping on and off since I was 31 weeks. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and have had quite a bit of cramping this week. Also pregnancy rhinitis kicked in a few weeks ago but only when I sleep. 

Diarrhea also kicked in this week out of nowhere. 
  • I've had a sore throat, ear pain when swallowing and tender scalp
    since Tuesday. Plus I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Ruled out strep, no fever or congestion and am beginning to wonder if it's referred pain from a pinched nerve or something. Have a feeling I'll be lying low this weekend. 
  • Apologies if this has already been brought up (it's late, I'm exhausted and couldn't be bothered to sift through every page, I know I'm terrible), but does anyone notice that they're starting to lactate... but only on one side? I've noticed a few spots in my nursing bras, but only ever on the right side....
  • @yellowrose314 I get about equal (small) amounts of fluid from both sides if I hand express, but only my left side seems to leak on its own.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @yellowrose314 I woke up this morning with a spot from my right boob too. NBD, happened last time too!
  • @AnnaS930 Yes! My right foot was always more noticably swollen than my left when I was pregnant for McKenna. OB said it was probably the way she was laying, which made sense because she was always on my right side. I'm actually noticing more swelling on my right side again this time, too!