October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 07.25.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 07.25.2016

• Options
    The damage was so bad that the school is sending an insurance agent to do an assessment, then splitting the cost between the parents of all 4 kids. 

@ashleyp625 She had court yesterday, and has to go back next week to see what they are going to do with her. I love her to death but I am so furious and disappointed. I don't know what possessed her to take part in this kind of foolishness, and I am even further ashamed that a sibling of MINE could be SO impressionable that she'd jump on this kind of bandwagon.

• Options
    @AllyTheKid oh man!!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Hope your sister learns her lesson. And hopefully she won't be sitting in Juvie having to think about it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid - OMG I can't even imagine. Sending you good thoughts. What a bad situation for all involved - I can't imagine what the costs will be.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid We get claims like this at work all the time. Kids vandalizing and stealing from schools is way too common. I hope she snaps out of this phase and learns from it! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid - What a nightmare! I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  Hopefully it's a one- time stupid mistake and she learns her lesson!
  • Options
    @sportiegrl1213 Thank you, me too!  She is the type of girl, I hate to admit, that wants attention SO badly that any kind will do though... I am mortified that she's going to think this makes her look cool, and continue being an asshat just because people are taking notice to her now.
  • Options
    @LMNOBaby Thank you, I sure hope so too!
  • Options
    Oh wow... I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this. I hope she learns a valuable lesson in this.. Before she's of age. 
  • Options
    Wow, what a mess. Hope she learns her lesson! 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid Why do kids love to do this? When my brother was in high school, he had some friends stay over one night and they snuck out of the house and ran around town. One of the kids decided it would be fun to break into the junior high. Luckily my brother was smart enough to come home before they got to it, but some of his friends did in fact break in, and then led the cops all the way to our house. They came banging on our door at 4am looking for those idiots. My mom took it all very graciously, but I know she felt betrayed by these boys who dumb enough to bring the cops back to our house. One of the kids joined the Air Force right out of high school and is doing really well with his life, so there is hope.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is if these boys bettered their lives after that, there's hope for your sister; she's only 12 and hopefully she grows out of acting so stupid!
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    @Kaytee1087 I just get nervous, I don't want her to end up going wild and ending up like my younger brothers... one turned himself around though, and after this ordeal he's talking to his wife about getting custody of her from my mom and cracking down on her. 
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    I don't know where to put this but I am in tears right now. A girl that I have been friends with since we were 3 and who I considered my best friend (she was my Maid of Honor) is getting married this December. Basically since she got engaged she has distanced herself from me and the other girls in our group of friends.

I always thought I would be in her wedding, even if I wasn't her MOH I was fine with that. Well she never asked so I just assumed she was having a small WP and only having her sister in it and I let it go. Well, I haven't heard from her barely since Christmas and when I have, it's always been me trying to text her/call her or make plans. She is a CPA so from February to May, I usually don't hear much and figured I would after that. Still silence. It got to the point that I would text her and just not ever hear anything and I felt like she was purposely avoiding me.

Today, I saw on Instagram, her and her sister and two other girls (who she is very close with) are going on her Bachelorette party this weekend. One that none of her other friends even knew about or were invited to. It has just become very obvious that she has grown away from us and closer with these girls. 

My feelings are just hurt. I am so happy for her and her FI and want to be a part of their lives but I don't want to be there if she doesn't want me to be. And at the same time, I'm glad she has these girls in her life to be close to and be a part of this wonderful experience for her.

I feel like this can't even be blamed on the fact that I'm pregnant because I have purposely tried not to talk about it much when she is around so I don't overshadow her wedding. It just hurts. She used to be the first one I called about anything. Other than DH, she was the first one I told we were pregnant and maybe she was hurt that I am due close to her wedding? IDK. I texted her and the rest of girls once SIL picked a date for my shower and it turned out that it was the same day as her bridal shower, so I changed my date and she didn't even offer to change hers.

I know I'm rambling, so I'm sorry, but I just had to let it out.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @AllyTheKid your younger sister is lucky to have you!! It's so nice you are looking out for her best interests.

@emmaaa I am so sorry about your friend, and the lack of communication. That sounds so hurtful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @emmaaa I don't really have any good advice for you on this, but growing apart from good friends sucks! I kind of have the same situation with my college roommate. We still see each other some but she doesn't communicate back regularly and I feel like I'm making a lot of effort sometimes for nothing. I'm sorry your feelings are hurt and I hope that things will get better between you and your friend!  <3 Thinking of you! 
  • Options
    @emmaaa I'm so sorry about your friend =( I would say just try to talk it out with her, but it seems like you've been doing far more than your part to keep an open line of communication with no luck. You have a very accepting and optimistic view on everything all things considered (kudos- I wouldn't), so try to keep that mind frame, try not to take it personally and just roll with it. I hope for your sake she comes around, because you are being the kind of friend I, and I'm sure most of us would kill to have and you deserve better treatment than that! Keep your chin up ::hugs::
  • Options
    @emaaa that really does suck :( I'm sorry that's happening to you, that is very hurtful. I've gone through similar, it is painful when a friend you consider very close grows apart.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, @emmaaa that just sucks all around! :( I would feel just awful, too!!  Have you tried talking to her or asking her why she's grown so distant?  I get that you being pregnant and her planning her wedding could put you at 2 different points in your lives and maybe she has trouble relating - but that's how life works!  I'm all for making new friends, but the ones that have been there forever are just as important and shouldn't be taken advantage of... If you're uncomfortable talking about it, maybe try writing up a note or an email, just explaining how you've been feeling and saying how happy you are for her, but confused why you're not able to share in this with her... I always say there's nothing wrong with putting your feelings out there, otherwise you'll bust from harboring them!  Either way, I'm sorry you're feeling so sad and bummed - I hope things get better!!
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    Thanks y'all. Growing apart from friends is just a part of life. The girls she is with (and I'm assuming in her wedding) have also been a huge part of her life for many years. I know we will still hang out and talk occasionally (lately it's only been in group text that she responds) but maybe we just won't be as close as we once were. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DS started throwing up at 4am and didn't stop until 9am. He's also got some serious diarrhea. I am feeling SUPER guilty about calling out of work. There is way too much happening today for me not to be there. I would have made DH stay home but he has very little paid time and he needs to save it, plus he took Monday off unpaid. I haven't violated any policies or anything but I know everyone is scrambling to cover for me :(

• Options
    @ByeBabyBunting I hate that feeling, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope your son feels better soon! 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid, I'm so sorry about your sister. :(  I wonder sometimes how I got away (and how I'm still alive) despite all the crazy things I've done when I was younger.  Never got in trouble with the law, but I certainly could have been had I been at the wrong place at the wrong time.  She's lucky to have you as a sister, she really is.  Hopefully you get to talk some sense into her.  

@emmaaa, I'm so sorry about your friend.  That's really sad.  I find that some people just have their own reasons and they don't ever discuss them or care to explain.  It's really strange.  They say that people react to certain situations not because of something you have done, but because of their own personal issues.  Basically, how they react to the outside world, outside situations are based most of the time on their own experiences and may not even have anything to do with you.  Try not to take it personally (i know it's hard).  Sorry Emma. :(  
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid  I was totally that kind of hoodlum in high school...I did a lot of dumb shit just to get any attention.  I was reeeeeeally lucky that I didn't get into more serious trouble with the law. I'm so sorry that you are going through this with your sister. It sounds like you and your brother are really stepping up to the plate, she's lucky to have you! 

@emmaaa I'm so sorry that you're going through that with your friend. Growing apart from friends is a hard pill to swallow, and it seems like you have a pretty optimistic outlook on it. I'm with the other girls who say maybe you should talk to her about it. Maybe she just doesn't realize how much you value her friendship. 

Ok ranting...This belongs in either the petty problem saturday or WTF wednesday, but our gardeners never showed to clean up our backyard yesterday and our friends are throwing us a shower at our place this Sunday! (They both live in apartments, so our place made more sense for a bbq). Our neighbor has this huge ass tree that leans over our yard and dumps massive amounts of leave and sticks all over so it's a real pain to keep up with. I've been helping here and there, but I can't do a whole lot of the heavy yard work, especially when it's like 102 degrees here. I feel so awful that DH is having to work out there today and tomorrow before work, PLUS do all the other stuff I can't take care of around the house to get things ready for Sunday.  :s Poor guy. He deserves a CAKE! 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @emmaaa.I know how that goes. Went thru something similar. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options

@emmaaa I was in the same situation, my old roommate and I grew apart and her wedding is in September. I feel really bad that we grew apart and while I invited her to mine and my shower in 2014 she didn't come, but she didn't invite me to hers which sucks.

then I became immature and didn't invite her to my baby shower, however, we do speak more now and I do wanna try and repair everything once our lives aren't insane.

I feel better when I try not to blame myself for the whole thing and realize she had to change too. it doesn't help but don't get down on yourself, youre baking a new best friend for yourself :)

• Options
    @AllyTheKid I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  I really hope this freaked your sister out to maybe think twice next time, but it's so hard being a teenager trying to fit it.  You and your brother are awesome for trying to step up for her.

@emmaaa I'm so sorry you're going though this.  I'm actually experiencing something similar so I know how hurt you feel.  I wrote out how I've been wronged too but I didn't want to make it about me, but just know you're not alone and it sucks!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @mrszoess I am very lucky that I have a great group of girlfriends that I love to death. I'm glad that I still have them
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @emmaaa I'm so sorry. I recently lost touch with my best friend too. She met her now fiancé, became close with all his friends, Actually let him bad mouth us, and now we've just let this huge distance come between us. And sometimes I feel silly for letting it upset me so much because I'm an adult and I have a husband and son and a baby on the way.... but losing friends is never easy. Cause in spite of the crummy way she allowed this to go down, I still love her and miss her everyday. *Hugs*

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    So now that Zika has pretty much (almost) confirmed in Florida, my friend is FREAKING out. She isn't pregnant at this time. I've only had 2 bug bites all summer with bug spray and staying inside. Not sure what she wants me to tell her! 
  • Options
    @allythekid, I'm reading a book called NurtureShock and the authors discuss a study done in which scientist measured dopamine in the reward center of the brains of children, teens and adults.  They had people play a video game while in an MRI scanner and the person would get gold coins in the game for completing tasks.  They'd either get one gold coin, a small stack of coins, or a giant pile of coins.  Children's brains would light up with any reward.  Adult's brains would light up a little with one coin, a moderate amount with the small stack and a lot with the giant pile.  Teen's brains only lit up when they got the biggest reward.  I can't vouch for the study since I haven't actually read it, but it does give some hope that teens will grow out of their stupid behavior eventually - when their brains mature and they don't need an extreme reward (i.e. the attention of all their peers) to feel happy. 
  • Options
    Hugs @emmaaa... Growing apart from a once very close friend is so hard. It's honestly like a break up. I have no advice that hasn't already been given, but wanted to show my support. Xo 
  • Options
    @mizzkbrat I wish the body shop would hurry up.and get my parts! It's been three weeks since my accident and still nada!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrscorker mine moved like a lunatic yesterday, quieter today and had her foot in her face at our 3D ultrasound so now we have to go back in a few weeks. would you believe now she's kicking the heck out of me? 
  • Options
    @mizzkbrat Yay! You have the worst luck with automobiles woman haha
  • Options
    @allythekid omg he is adorable!