July 2016 Moms
Options

Weight Gain Check In - How We Doing Mamas?

Re: Weight Gain Check In - How We Doing Mamas?

• Options
    Cake donuts, please. Maple with nuts. NOW RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 I must live really close to you! I love Piece of Cake! I always forget they are vegan. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today, angel food cake with vanilla ice cream and strawberries sounds amazeballs!
  • Options
    @mandyjulie Hopefully I'll go back to the healthy eating, but I just feel like I'm going to need to go on an eating rampage after I give birth. Eat. All. The. Things. 
  • Options
    You guys have me looking forward to my birthday next month! I've narrowed it down to either cheesecake or ice cream cake.
  • Options
    jkh89jkh89 member
    Almost 25lbs. at my 34 week appointment. I had been gaining exactly 1.25lbs each week starting around week 14, but between 32 and 34 I actually lost a small amount of weight. Who knows what's going on. Aside from my boobs and belly, my body feels/looks pretty much the same, so I'm not really sure where the weight is hiding UNLESS MY BABY IS ENORMOUS OH NO. 
  • Options
    At 36 weeks I've gained 18 pounds, of which the baby is measuring just over 6lbs as of our scan on Wednesday. My doctor seems pleased. I'm just hoping everything stays under control. I've been swelling so much that I can totally imagine I'll put on 10lbs of water weight the next 4 weeks.
  • Options
    @nerdchild Well, not JUST cake..just not about weight. And, thanks for the snort - cheese testicles. Snort.
  • Options
    MMMMMMMMM CHEESE

• Options
    Cheese is my main food group. And talking about cheese is clearly superior to comparing weight situations because ew. 
  • Options
    Stop hogging all the weight gain! More confessing: though I seem to be completely incapable of keeping it down, I've binged my a$$ off at Taco Bell more than a handful of times this month. I want CHEESE, but only of the runny, gas-station-quality variety! Why don't movie theaters have those cheese pumps anymore?! I don't want prepackaged cheese- I want the lava hot, runny yellow stuff that melts huge stacks of corn chips and jalapeños before your eyes!
  • Options
    @PootsDragon GAS STATION CHEESE!! You can go get a giant tin of Que Bueno from Costco, stick it in a slow cooker on 'warm', and have access to it 24/7!
  • Options
    In the past month, I've gained 4 pounds which is good.  Previous months were 10, 8 and 6.  But Now my doc says my fundal height is measuring small and I need a growth ultrasound but I'm wondering if my dietary changes/watching weight affected that measurement.  On another note, apparently it's national donut day.
  • Options
    I've been eating burritos for breakfast this week. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner
  • Options
    Speaking of weight gain and eating, did anyone get the 36 week Ovia update about what baby's eating to gain weight this week? Yeah, humans are disgusting mammalian animals. Don't be fooled. Still animals.

"Your baby is eating its lanugo and vernix caseosa, both of which will form components of meconium."
    Sounds delicious! :grimace: 

I should add that because of this thread, I bought GF Betty Crocker Devil's Food mix (yay gluten probs) and cream cheese frosting. They are in my future tonight, thanks to @jen11797 !
  • Options
    mamafox14mamafox14 member
    edited June 2016
    @Weville yessss. All burritos can be breakfast burritos in my book. And most breakfast foods can be wrapped in a tortilla and called a  burrito. All good ways to live. 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 Salsa, beans and a wrap make everything better
  • Options
    I started twice a week NST on Tuesday and Friday and they ridiculously weigh me at every test. I keep losing/gaining plus or minus 1 to 2 pounds each week. I'm chalking it up to water weight. 
  • Options
    @PootsDragon I knew they ate the languno, but my question is how they're getting it. Are they pulling it out? That's gross. Way to be gross, humans. And to think I was worried about the nubbies of dried colostrum in my nipples going down his gullet with the breastmilk. 

• Options
    @kendallandkate6714 I'm so thankful to be able to share such perfection. And I'm jealous. I hope you love it as much as I do!!!
  • Options
    Yup apparently it is national dunut day...hoping to meet my sis after work at a locally "famous" donut shop in town that I've never been too... 

@PootsDragon now I'm mentally planning my post baby meal...! Pizza is high on my list (but it's always high on my list!) 
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:
    My post baby meal is crab-cakes benedict and a large mimosa.
    Perfection!
  • Options
    ALL THE FETA ALL THE TIME
  • Options
    Just ate carrot cake and bought a donut for later cause it's national donut day.. So that's my justification. Also I offically weigh more then my husband... Ahh well! 
  • Options
    Not exactly fatty and indulgent, but I made some bomb-ass pineapple and cranberry sorbet (sweetened with local honey).  Awwww yisss.....
  • Options
    Stopped at a greek place last night for dinner... the gyro was great, but I am hopelessly addicted to their french fries and tzatziki sauce! They put a bit of cinnamon and salt on the fries and the combination is just heavenly! I'm pretty sure next time I go there I'm just going to ask for a double order of the fries and extra sauce. :smiley: 
  • Options
    I had fresh mozzarella and banana bread for lunch. I am now thinking about nacho cheese for dinner.