July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 16/5 randoms.

1234568»

Re: Week of 16/5 randoms.

• Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @shaylalr I have the same issue. People went clothing crazy. A lot still have the tags on them, but no receipts. I don't want to be rude and ask for them. I think we should be fine just going to the store and returning them without a receipt just explaining the situation. The worst thing that could happen is they could say no or just put it on a gift card. 
  • Options
    Pretty much all of the clothes I got have no tags at all. I'm not sure why. The worst part is I can't figure out what stores they come from! I tried the big places like Target but no luck so far. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shaylalr said:
    Pretty much all of the clothes I got have no tags at all. I'm not sure why. The worst part is I can't figure out what stores they come from! I tried the big places like Target but no luck so far. 
    Try Google search on the tag on the inside. Maybe that can help direct which stores.
  • Options
    @shaylalr - for my shower with DD I received 3 diaper bags but thankfully 2 had tags. I downloaded an app that scans tags and then it showed me where you can buy the items. One was from Walmart that I returned for store credit. It was filled with items that I didn't need and Walmart took some of them back but not all. Target took a few back too. The rest I just gave away. 

Unfortunately I don't know who will take back items with no receipt and no tag. You could sell the items on a used children's group? I belong to a local Facebook one. 
  • Options
    NzamorwNzamorw member
    Question for STMs: what's you opinion on the pain level from the injection of a epidural?
  • Options
    Nzamorw said:
    Question for STMs: what's you opinion on the pain level from the injection of a epidural?
    Bee sting from the lidocaine* injection.
    The first clean your back, then numb the area with lidocaine prior to the actual epidural. Some people have a weird feeling once it placed. I did, it was like a 2 seconds lightening down my back. It did not hurt, but felt weird.

*It is normal lidocaine, but I have seem them use other but simuliar numbing "caines" (novacaine, buvicaine....)
  • Options
    @am0987 This is my second and I have no clue if DD ever dropped or not. (I was induced, so maybe she didn't until labor).
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nzamorw said:
    The first clean your back, then numb the area with lidocaine prior to the actual epidural. Some people have a weird feeling once it placed. I did, it was like a 2 seconds lightening down my back. It did not hurt, but felt weird.

*It is normal lidocaine, but I have seem them use other but simuliar numbing "caines" (novacaine, buvicaine....)
    Exactly this. After contractions, the quick fast lightning sting is soooo worth the glorious rest that comes after an epidural if that's the route you choose. 
  • Options
    samantha1206samantha1206 member
    edited May 2016
    Nzamorw said:
    Echoing other responses. I don't recall much pain at all. I was a little afraid that I'd have a contraction during the process - not sure why it made me nervous but it did. I guess they needed me still and the thought of a contractions made me scared I was going to accdiently move. But they did it quickly with no issues 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nzamorw said:
    My anesthesiologist was terrible at getting mine in, and even then, it didn't hurt too much... WAY less than the contractions I was having while she was trying to get it in.  The most awkward part was having to have the nurse bear hug me forever while she did it.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    Nzamorw said:
    Honestly don't remember feeling a thing. I might have felt a tiny prick from the lidocaine injection but then I didn't feel any discomfort from the big epidural needle at all.
  • Options
    jen11797 said:
    Nzamorw said:

Exactly this. After contractions, the quick fast lightning sting is soooo worth the glorious rest that comes after an epidural if that's the route you choose. 
    So true. I was in heaven after my epidural. Sitting up laughing and joking with DH, ate some dinner, it was awesome. I actually turned to my nurse and told her I think my labour stalled because I wasn't feeling a thing, not even pressure or tightening, and she laughed and told me I was having a really big contraction at that exact moment.
    This sounds like a dream!!
  • Options
    Racso12Racso12 member
    @LDSJM123 I wasn't going to watch this season (I watch enough junk reality tv aka Bravo)....but then I heard Aaron Rodgers' little brother is on it. So I must watch! I'd participate in the thread! 
  • Options
    Racso12 said:
    @LDSJM123 I wasn't going to watch this season (I watch enough junk reality tv aka Bravo)....but then I heard Aaron Rodgers' little brother is on it. So I must watch! I'd participate in the thread! 

I might just have to watch it now! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker