Infertility
Options

June/July IVF or FET

Re: June/July IVF or FET

• Options
    @kyrgyzshan big hugs to u first of all!!! Soo sorry for ur bfn. Please take some time for urself. When your ready u may want o try a different re. I've read stories of couples who used a certain re for years and they switched to a new office got pregnant right away! If u have any doubts just trust ur instinct.  I wish u all the best!!!!
  • Options
    @kyrgyzshan I'm so sorry that it was a bfn.  Sending love and hugs your way as you make decisions about next steps.

@lilmissslp Beautiful embie!  Congrats on being pupo :smile:

@ale9687 Good luck with ER tomorrow!  You're going to do great!  Make sure to lounge around the rest of the day if you need to! :wink:
    Me:27 DH:28
    Married in August 2013 <3
    IVF w/PGD to rule out a genetic disorder
    First IVF cycle: ER 6/20/16 (42 eggs retrieved, 31 mature, 27 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen and biopsied)
    Results: 3 embies passed both PGD & PGS testing (2 boys and a girl :)).
    FET on 8/2/16, transferred our girl embryo. 
    Beta on 8/11: 124!!  Second Beta on 8/15: 1,117.  First ultrasound (7 weeks) scheduled for 8/30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ale9687 - good luck tomorrow! can't wait to hear how it goes!!
  • Options
    @kyrgyzshan Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this horrid news! Hopefully you can find some peace and a way to move forward.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    @ale9687 good luck on your ER today!!! 

Thank you @LittleSunshine!
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    @kyrgyzshan I am so sorry to hear the news.  Good luck as you decide your next step.  
    Me (34) & DH (38)
    Married 2014; TTC since 4/2015
    Diagnosed with Stage 3 Endometriosis and possible ovulation dysfunction 
    1st TI (clomid/follistim/ovidrel/progesterone)- 3/19/16 - BFN
    2nd TI (clomid/follistim/ovidrel/progesterone)- 5/11/16 - BFN

• Options
    @ale9687 - congrats on the 18! even if not all are mature, that's still a really good number! rest up, drink gatorade (are they worried about you getting any ohss?), and make DH wait on you for the rest of the day! :wink:
    FX for good update numbers tomorrow...I forget, are you planning on a fresh or frozen transfer? :smile:
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear @kyrgyzshan :cry:  My heart goes out to you and your DH.  I hope you can figure out next steps that you both feel comfortable with.

Congrats on being PUPO @lilmissslp!  Beautiful embaby!

Congrats on your ER @ale9687, 18 is a fantastic number!!

AFM- I survived night 1 of stims!  It was pretty stressful at first.  We keep all my meds in a mini fridge in our bedroom (so guests don't see our stash in our refrigerator).  I've had follistim in there since November when we did our first IUI.  All of my follistim in there is left over from my IUIs.  When we first opened the fridge we noticed that we had a water bottle in there that was completely frozen and there was ice everywhere, so the temperature must have gotten turned down somehow.  Well, the follistim packaging says DO NOT FREEZE.  So we freaked out.  Fortunately none of the follistim was frozen.  Then when DH was trying to mix the meds he put the Q cap on too early and the follistim went everywhere so we ended up wasting a dose.  But then we got it right.  I only felt a tiny prick with the needle and didn't feel any medicine going in, so then of course we were wondering if we even did it right.  But within an hour my uterus felt different and a little crampy and I started bleeding.  Not full flow but heavy spotting I guess would be a good way to put it.  I think the first injection triggered my cycle or something.  And this morning I woke up feeling drugged... just super out of it.  So I definitely feel the effects.  I wish I didn't have to wait until Friday to see if I'm responding appropriately!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options

@wifeinraleigh28 glad you survived the first night of stims! I would have freaked out too thinking the meds froze! How stressful! Glad everything ended up being alright! FX for good progress on Friday!

@ale9687 glad ER went well and you are feeling ok! 18 is a great number! FX that those that are mature fertilize! Take it easy today, you deserve it!

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 - sorry you're feeling the side effects so quickly, but congrats on surviving the first night of stims! :smile:
  • Options
    So exciting @AandDM2014!!  I hope you get your transfer date soon!!  And yeah, I thought it was quick to feel the effects as well, but now I feel completely normal.  Still have light bleeding, which I'm actually pretty happy about.  I want to feel like I'm beginning my cycle so that I know for sure I'm in my follicular phase, haha.  Hoping my follies do their thing and grooooooow!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @AandDM2014 - wow, that was fast! FX for a new transfer date!! :smile:
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 Thanks! Hopefully by next week you have lots of follies, and get lots of mature, good eggs!

@caseyw8784 Yeah, I know, right! I've NEVER had my lining get this thick this quickly! I'm thinking that maybe it's because I got the name brand estrogen, not the generic. That is the only thing different this time around (other than trying to eat less carbs and sugar because PCOS sucks). I'm gonna ask about it when I talk with my nurse later today and see if I should stick with the expensive stuff, or if switching now would be okay.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    @AandDm2014 that is awesome about your lining! I am slightly jealous! Let me know what your nurse says regarding brand name vs generic - if this cycle doesn't work for me, that's definitely something I will be bringing up with my RE for next time!
  • Options
    @lilmissslp - 4 is a good number! :smiley:
  • Options
    My transfer was 7/13 at 230pm, so this am I was technically 6dp5dt (but more like 5.5dp5dt), and my HPT was negative.  Can anyone talk me off the ledge?  This is my only shot at having a biological child and I am now not feeling overly optimistic.  We did PGS and PGD, so I *know* the embryo we put in was good.  Have been a little crampy the past few days but no spotting or anything else.  Beta is on Saturday.  I'm gonna hold off and not test until Thursday (8dp5dt), but I'm pretty bummed overall.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    @PNW12RN My best advice is don't use HPTs. I know it can be tough to wait for beta, but isn't it better to get a number versus a maybe positive or negative line? 6 days post can still be a bit early depending on the level of HCG your tests detect.

@mtpbadger I was totally shocked when I saw the measurement on the screen. I was seriously expecting like 5, definitely not 8+ at some points! I will for sure let everyone know what she says about estrace v estradiol.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @PNW12RN I am talking you off the ledge! I think it's still too early! I've kept sane by looking at this chart (https://www.bubblesandbumps.com/what-happens-after-embryo-transfer-day-3-day-5-transfer-calendar/) I'm almost one day ahead of you (transfer was 07/12 at 4pm) and I've been crampy as well on and off starting this past weekend along with feeling a little nauseated. Feeling better today and I'm trying not to think too much into it. Just remember, you might not have any symptoms, it could have taken an extra day to implant, etc. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    @PNW12RN don't be feeling down just yet...it may have been too soon to test. Crampy may be a good sign! I was feeling crampy too and ended up with a bfp... Try to stay, positive!!! Hugs!!!

• Options
    @PNW12RN Don't panic! I got only a very faint line at 8dp5dt, and (TW) had a nice healthy positive beta when I went in at 12dp5dt. HPTs can be crazy-making, so if you're definitely going to POAS again, wait as long as you can stand it before you do (easier said than done, I know). As far as crampiness, I've been lightly cramping since 2dp5dt, and it's still going strong at 5.5 weeks pg. Fingers crossed for you!
    Me: 30, mild DOR
    Him: 31, totes fine.
    IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
    IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
    IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the words of wisdom, everyone.  I have two FRERs at home and will definitely save one for my beta date (so I have a little bit of an idea what to expect--I don't want to be blindsided if it's bad news).  Not planning to buy any more HPTs and will hold off on the second one if I can.

I just reallyreallyreally want this to go well.  I know you all feel the same way.  Hoping to come back and update with great news in a few days!

Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited July 2016
    Well I got the call from my nurse a bit earlier than I was expecting. It didn't go at all how I thought it would. I'm to increase estrace to 4 tabs a day, and then go back in on Friday for another lining check. She thinks transfer will be the following Friday, a full 10 days from now. I'm shocked that they're still having me drag this out so long, but I'm hoping my lining will get huge and make this cycle a success! She wasn't sure if taking estrace versus estradiol has made a difference, but when she looked back at my previous cycles she realized how long it has taken to get to this size in the past and thinks I should keep taking estrace. Edit: I actually checked the prescription bottle today as I needed to add some to my vitamin box and realized that it was supposed to be estrace, but they gave me the generic instead. Guess I'll be getting it from CVS for less than half the price from now on!

@Knottie1455746131 Good luck at your beta tomorrow!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @caseyw8784 my re didn't mention he was worried about ohss, I've been chugging smart water for the last week and am hoping that since I prepped with a lot of electrolytes it helps. I'll be doing a 5dt. 

@wifeinraleigh28 the first night of stims is crazy, did you watch the videos on freedomfertility's website? They were so helpful to have playing as I mixed and administered my stims the first day. I bet tonight will be a breeze. 
  • Options
    We just had our 5dt 7/17.  Beta on 7/26.
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • Options
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow for our transfers!  @cat4151
  • Options
    @Sunflower5678 me too! Just checked into our hotel. Found out yesterday that our transfer is at 3:00 pm and acupuncture in the office at 2:00 pm. So we can relax and go to lunch first :) praying for a great transfer day for both of us!
    Me: 40 (PCOS) DH: 45 (High FSH, low count, & low morphology)
    Metformin & Clomid Sep '06 - Sep '07:bfn: found out we had male factor and DH refused mTese, moved on to IUI's with donor sperm. 
    Aug '10 to Jan '11 IUI's #1-5 :bfn: 
    DH mTese March '11
    1st IVF June '11- Antagonist Protocol: 21 ER, 20 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 3dt- 2 (8 cell, 0% fragmentation), 0 frozen :bfn:
    2nd IVF Aug '11- Long Lupron Protocol: 23 ER, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI, 5dt- 2 (blasts), 1 blast frozen :bfp:
    DD born 6/2/12
    Waiting to start FET cycle for #2 with (1) 6 day hatching blast
  • Options
    @cat4151 and @Sunflower5678  good luck on the transfers!!!!! Fx for an easy and smooth day and sticky day!!! :-) 
  • Options
    @PNW12RN *tw* with my DD I didn't get BFP from POAS until the day before my beta. And even then it was super faint, and my beta was in the 200's. I wouldn't POAS, or if you do hold of till much closer to your beta, like the day before or day of. 
    Me: 40 (PCOS) DH: 45 (High FSH, low count, & low morphology)
    Metformin & Clomid Sep '06 - Sep '07:bfn: found out we had male factor and DH refused mTese, moved on to IUI's with donor sperm. 
    Aug '10 to Jan '11 IUI's #1-5 :bfn: 
    DH mTese March '11
    1st IVF June '11- Antagonist Protocol: 21 ER, 20 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 3dt- 2 (8 cell, 0% fragmentation), 0 frozen :bfn:
    2nd IVF Aug '11- Long Lupron Protocol: 23 ER, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI, 5dt- 2 (blasts), 1 blast frozen :bfp:
    DD born 6/2/12
    Waiting to start FET cycle for #2 with (1) 6 day hatching blast
  • Options
    @cat4151 and @sunflower5678 sending sticky thoughts your way!
  • Options
    cmm012cmm012 member
    Ladies, the pain from the PIO injections is killing me. The actual injections aren't too bad, but about 6 hours later l get an intense muscle soreness that lasts for about two days. Any tips to help? I can barely walk today.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • Options
    @cat4151 and @Sunflower5678 good luck today ladies! 

@cat4151 we did the transfer, acupuncture, and went out to lunch too and it made for such a fun and relaxing day. Enjoy, this is a very exciting time! 
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options

@cmm012 oh no! PIO is such a b*tch! My right side gets much more sore than my left for some reason. I try and have DH massage the injection site for 1-2 minutes after and have read that a tennis ball can help too if he's not available. I then try and walk around for a few minutes after and that seems to help.

I have joked with DH after all this is over I'm going to stick a needle in his butt (empty) just so he can experience what I have been going through, lol!

• Options
    cmm012cmm012 member
    @mtpbadger I've tried massages from DH and this morning a laid on a heating pad. I'm still super sore though. I'll ask for the massages right after the shot to see if that helps.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • Options
    @cmm012 - I haven't yet done the PIO shots, but I've heard putting a heating pad or a hot water bottle on the area after injecting can help with the soreness? hope you find some relief soon!! 
  • Options
    @cat4151 and @Sunflower5678 - good luck with the transfers today! it's so exciting reading about how everyone is progressing!

AFM - still waiting, no surprise. Last night DH and I and some friends went to the Guns N Roses concert outside Boston. I only know a few of their songs, but my husband grew up in a die-hard GNR family...lol. the concert was AMAZING! and Axl Rose sounded a LOT better than I was expecting! But today....i'm nursing a quadruple shot starbucks this morning - so tired!! :blush:
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 I had friends that went to that concert last night too! They said it was awesome! Glad you had fun and that Starbucks could ease the pain of a fun night out