April 2016 Moms
Options

Third tri symptoms thread

Re: Third tri symptoms thread

• Options
    Ok. I did call the nurses line and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I had an appointment this morning, they did a culture swab (used a speculum, long cotton swab, the usual) it hurt, but no more than it usually does me. When I got home about an hour later there was a few drops of brown blood in my underwear. I didn't think anything of it, and just figured it's normal from having everything jammed together so tightly and shoving something cold/metal inside me. Now I've gone to the bathroom again and there is more brown blood (not enough to soak through my panties or anything) and it's mucusy. I'm sure this is fine and normal, and when I hear back from the nurses line they'll tell me to go home and relax, but I'm getting paranoid and starting to freak out :(

I'm 31w4d. No other "symptoms" of preterm labor or anything (because I did just check what those are) but I'm scared.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 I wouldn't stress too much. I had bleeding in the 1st trimester that started out as a few pink drops, changed to the mucus like brown that you're talking about, and then became full blown red bleeding that would soak a pantyliner in the course of 4 hours. It was a broken blood vessel between my uterus and placenta that ended up resolving on it's own thankfully. It scared the ever loving crap out of me and I was freaking out from the time the pink spotting started until 2 weeks later when everything finally just quit. My OB kept reassuring me that as long as I wasn't cramping or soaking a heavy pad every hour that I had nothing to worry about, but I totally understand how hard it is to not think the worst in your situation. Fingers crossed that it all works out and they tell you it's nothing to worry about. 
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 I had a delicate cervix with DS, so ANYTHING would make me bleed and have that mucus nonsense. Of all likeliness, it's just your cervix being a baby and going "you POKED ME. How could you?!"

Hopefully they get back to you soon.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The nurse got back to me. She said its normal, rest today and tomorrow, and if I start bleeding more (described as gushing) or cramping to go to the ER, but she assured me cirvix sensitivity is completely normal at this stage of pregnancy.

Thank you @randilea0110 and @fbanke42 for responding to me though. It was comforting.
  • Options
    Ok for some reason quoting/tagging isn't working on my phone right now but elasticheart13 you are so strong. I feel like you've been through a lot and to still be so positive is amazing! I feel similarly except I really have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy but now I'm starting to get uncomfortable. I peed a little when I coughed a couple of days ago... Ugh noooooo! Also new this week, pelvic pain/pressure, (constant) low back pain, and random hot flashes! And I'm tired of choking nearly every time I take a sip of something along with the constant phlegm/congestion.

I'm also kind of bummed because for the first time this pregnancy I really noticed my body just can't do the same things it could pre-pregnancy exercise-wise. I've been making some modifications for safety since the start but for the first time in power yoga yesterday there were some poses I just can't do anymore and I was getting so tired so quickly. Wah! 

• Options
    @elasticheart13 I don't want to bum you out, but an ultrasound in Thursday confirmed that my little guy is breech with one foot down and one on his forehead. I get kicks to the crotch all the damn time and it sometimes feels like he is going to bust right out. There are exercises you can do to help him flip back around but confirm that he is breech first. A good sign of his position is where they find his heartbeat at your next appointment. Look up spinning babies. They have great stretches ad exercises that help with the pelvic pain- some might be difficult with your recent surgery. I was told on Thursday that they don't worry about baby's position until 36 weeks so you have some time!
  • Options
    @spatter1 you just made me feel special <3 thank you  :* and yeah, it is starting to get quite uncomfortable. I walk like I'm scared of peeing myself and have my hip fall apart which is a legit concern and the lower back pain is becoming a more regular thing as well. But no waddle so far  B)
    I've been meaning to do prenatal yoga for a while now, do you think it's too late for me to get started?   :D

• Options

@elasticheart13 I don't want to bum you out, but an ultrasound in Thursday confirmed that my little guy is breech with one foot down and one on his forehead. I get kicks to the crotch all the damn time and it sometimes feels like he is going to bust right out. There are exercises you can do to help him flip back around but confirm that he is breech first. A good sign of his position is where they find his heartbeat at your next appointment. Look up spinning babies. They have great stretches ad exercises that help with the pelvic pain- some might be difficult with your recent surgery. I was told on Thursday that they don't worry about baby's position until 36 weeks so you have some time!
    I'll look it up, thanks! I have an ultrasound in two weeks and an appointment with the midwife in a week, I'll ask her about it before I start flipping baby around :D but I'm pretty sure he is, the placement of his movement has changed completely. I felt hiccups from the lower half of my uterus almost every day, now I feel something trying to escape :D 

• Options
    @elasticheart13 I don't think it's too late to take a prenatal class!! I wouldn't recommend starting up some other kind of exercise if you haven't done it before but I think prenatal is probably fine! Maybe ask your dr at uour next apt? Yay for no waddle yet! I don't think I have one either but I naturally walk with my feet pointed outwards - old habit from ballet a million years ago - so it probably looks like I'm waddling to other people! 

• Options
    @elasticheart13 My guy has been breech or transverse at all times, and all I feel are vagina kicks at all times! I also had a low lying placenta at my 20 week US (follow up is next week). I'm hoping he flips and it all fixes itself, but given where I'm feeling these kicks, I'm kind of mentally preparing for a C-section :-/ 
  • Options
    i can't get tagging to work on my phone.... Ugh. 
    I thought baby was breech because I've had so many bladder punches and low back pain for a while now. At my last ultrasound I discovered that he's head down and likes to have his hands to his face. So what I thought were kicks are just fists of fury flying in there! 
  • Options
    Ok! I have a new one! I still have my inny... but it's starting to really hurt! I don't have any stretch marks yet, but if I get them, I wouldn't be surprised to get them right around my button! 
  • Options
    I'm going to add middle back pain to list now.  If I slouch, my middle back hurts, if I stand up straight, my lower back hurts. It's a no-win situation :s

Oh, and hello to all day exhaustion. Any kind of activity makes me feel like I ran a marathon. I put together a tiny bouncer chair today, and had to lay down after for an hour to recuperate. It's ridiculous.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The past three days I have been so so nauseous. Today it is accompanied by a headache and dizziness :(
    Not to mention I got a fever blister for the first time in my life. I look less than presentable today, to say the least.

Teaching 8th graders is tough when you feel like crap. 
  • Options
    Has any one gotten a rash? I woke up with a blotchy red rash on my face. Seems like a weird thing to be pregnancy related but I've learned that making a baby screws with everything so who knows. 
  • Options
    WBORDERS said:
    Has any one gotten a rash? I woke up with a blotchy red rash on my face. Seems like a weird thing to be pregnancy related but I've learned that making a baby screws with everything so who knows. 
    not on my face, but some on my back/love handles. I figured it was typical dry winter skin that was made worse by the way my clothes are fitting me these days....
  • Options
    @WBORDERS Yeah a couple times. I've been reacting poorly to heat out of nowhere. Even a little warmth anywhere on me, but specifically my stomach and back, and I get an itchy heat rash. It never happened pre-pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Ladies, talk to me abour your Braxton Hicks... I had only had a couple so far, when my bladder was really full, but since last night I feel like I have been having a ton? Since this is my first pregnancy I am finding it hard to know whether it is a true BH vs. the baby pushing on the anterior wall of the uterus, but I feel like a light and painless pressure in the anterior uterus that lasts for about 10 sec and subsides spontaneously. I'm not concerned about it, except for the fact that I have had so many since last night (it started when I was exercising, went away when I went to bed. Today, I am on hospital service so I am on my feet all day while rounding in the hospital, and have felt several again).
    Curious about your experiences with the frequency of BH contractions in the third tri.
  • Options
    @thaisac1If they go away with rest or drinking water, they're BH, not *real* contractions (I assume you know this, but not everyone does). I can feel the difference between BH and LO pressing against my abdomen because when the latter happens, only part of my abdomen is hard and if I push on her, she moves - which also gives itself to endless entertainment in the evenings. The few BH I've had, my entire abdomen felt like it was squeezing (if that makes any sense) and a little crampy. I have a posterior placenta, so it might be easier for me to discriminate her movements from BH than for someone with an anterior placenta. 
  • Options
    @thaisac1If they go away with rest or drinking water, they're BH, not *real* contractions (I assume you know this, but not everyone does). I can feel the difference between BH and LO pressing against my abdomen because when the latter happens, only part of my abdomen is hard and if I push on her, she moves - which also gives itself to endless entertainment in the evenings. The few BH I've had, my entire abdomen felt like it was squeezing (if that makes any sense) and a little crampy. I have a posterior placenta, so it might be easier for me to discriminate her movements from BH than for someone with an anterior placenta. 
    Yes I am quite certain they are BH contractions. My only concern is why am I having so many all of a sudden? Last night I had them (lightly) every 5-10 min for an hour or so... Today I noted them several times while I was rounding.
    I am sitting down now and they have stopped. I am curious to see if the prolonged standing and walking will be a trigger for them, because I am on hospital service for 2 weeks uninterrupted... Ugh!

I have a posterior placenta too. I have also had a lot of fun poking baby around! :) Sometimes we feel his butt right on my waist, then we give him a little push and he gets annoyed and moves around. :)  Last night though when I was showering I *thought* I was feeling him push on the right side, then I looked down at my belly and it was totally lopsided for about 15 sec. I ended up concluding that I was having a BH, and the side of my belly where the baby was not (left) contracted, and the side of the belly where he was hanging out (right) stayed up because he was against the wall, causing the lopsidedness (forgive my neologism :) ).

If the frequent BHs persist tomorrow, I'll call L&D and ask for a formal opinion. My advantage is the heart hospital where I work is attached to the general hospital where I will be delivering, so it will be easy to be evaluated if needed.
  • Options
    thaisac1 said:
    Yes I am quite certain they are BH contractions. My only concern is why am I having so many all of a sudden? Last night I had them (lightly) every 5-10 min for an hour or so... Today I noted them several times while I was rounding.
    I am sitting down now and they have stopped. I am curious to see if the prolonged standing and walking will be a trigger for them, because I am on hospital service for 2 weeks uninterrupted... Ugh!

I have a posterior placenta too. I have also had a lot of fun poking baby around! :) Sometimes we feel his butt right on my waist, then we give him a little push and he gets annoyed and moves around. :)  Last night though when I was showering I *thought* I was feeling him push on the right side, then I looked down at my belly and it was totally lopsided for about 15 sec. I ended up concluding that I was having a BH, and the side of my belly where the baby was not (left) contracted, and the side of the belly where he was hanging out (right) stayed up because he was against the wall, causing the lopsidedness (forgive my neologism :) ).

If the frequent BHs persist tomorrow, I'll call L&D and ask for a formal opinion. My advantage is the heart hospital where I work is attached to the general hospital where I will be delivering, so it will be easy to be evaluated if needed.
    Some people are more prone to them, I think, but I'd be careful if I were having that many. The nature of your job would make it rather difficult to rest, I imagine...good luck!

Unrelated, but I've noticed that when I push on her, she pushes back at me! DH keeps telling me to quit picking on his daughter but it's so cool - and revenge for the bladder gymnastics!
  • Options
    korpatch said:
    Ok! I have a new one! I still have my inny... but it's starting to really hurt! I don't have any stretch marks yet, but if I get them, I wouldn't be surprised to get them right around my button! 
    ME TOO!! mine hasn't popped out but it is stretched out so far that the top of it is starting to poke out a bit and it is so sore/tender. Especially at the end of the day. Not fun!

• Options
    @thaisac1 I would call L&D as well if I were you if you suddenly started having that many BHs. In Denmark they tell you to call if you start getting more than 10 per hour. :) hopefully it's nothing! 

• Options
    I had so many with DS that I've pretty much been ignoring my BH this pregnancy. I'm on my feet a lot, so I get them the most often at work. 

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @thaisac1 A lady in the 3rd trimester thread was saying she had them constantly for the entire month leading up to her delivery. She didn't mention the conditions, or exact frequency though :-/
  • Options
    Has anyone's ankles/legs started swelling? In the last week or so, my ankles have started swelling and are swollen by the end if my work shift. Its not bad, but definitely noticeable, especially in my left leg. I'm only 3 hours into my shift tonight and my ankles are already swollen. I'm drinking as much water as I can and trying to sit as much as possible. My legs are hurting too. I have a Dr appt this Friday so I will ask about it then. I know swelling is normal at this stage, but I've read too much on Google and now I'm paranoid I will develop preeclampsia. It bothers me to squat or even cross my legs, because my thighs feel so tight. Its almost like they are too fat? I think that might be fluid retention. Ugh! 8 more weeks of this??
  • Options
    I can't remember if this was asked already, but does anyone recommend a type of belly support band? LO is head down and low in my pelvis and the pressure is unreal and getting painful. 
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    Has anyone's ankles/legs started swelling? In the last week or so, my ankles have started swelling and are swollen by the end if my work shift. Its not bad, but definitely noticeable, especially in my left leg. I'm only 3 hours into my shift tonight and my ankles are already swollen. I'm drinking as much water as I can and trying to sit as much as possible. My legs are hurting too. I have a Dr appt this Friday so I will ask about it then. I know swelling is normal at this stage, but I've read too much on Google and now I'm paranoid I will develop preeclampsia. It bothers me to squat or even cross my legs, because my thighs feel so tight. Its almost like they are too fat? I think that might be fluid retention. Ugh! 8 more weeks of this??
    I think with preeclampsia one of the indicators is very sudden swelling, only your doctor would be able to tell you if that's what is going on in your case. In the meantime try compression socks, they really help your circulation. Also reducing sodium and increasing water, as you mentioned already. Can you stay off of your feet until you can speak to your doctor?
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    I think with preeclampsia one of the indicators is very sudden swelling, only your doctor would be able to tell you if that's what is going on in your case. In the meantime try compression socks, they really help your circulation. Also reducing sodium and increasing water, as you mentioned already. Can you stay off of your feet until you can speak to your doctor?

Unfortunately no, I work in a lab and I'm on my feet most of the time. I pulled up a chair to my lab bench though, to sit between running my samples. I will try compression socks, hopefully that will cut down on some of the swelling!
  • Options
    @loveymay I use a blanqui support tank most days and a legitimate support belt (from my midwife) for high-impact activity like running. I like the tank for everyday because it gives support and lift without being aggravating or painful like the belt gets after a few hours. That being said, there are days when she must sit lower and the belt does provide a couple of hours of relief. My belt was free but the blanqui cost around $70 on Amazon. It's also very long because the bottom is supposed to double as a band to hold up your pants, which is pretty pointless at this stage of the game. 
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    I can't remember if this was asked already, but does anyone recommend a type of belly support band? LO is head down and low in my pelvis and the pressure is unreal and getting painful. 
    I've been using a Serola belt for a while - was recommended by my physiotherapist.
    good for use in and out of pregnancy - and a lot thinner than some of the pregnancy-specific ones. I find it holds everything together around my pelvis and lower back, relieves a lot of pressure and 'weight'.
  • Options
    Yesterday I sat down for most of the afternoon and didn't have any more BH, except for an occasional one upon standing up. Let's see what today brings.

@lovemay I have the Spanx shorts for pregnant women. I don't use it everyday, but it gives gentle belly support (there is a tighter band of fabric under the belly). Plus, it keeps my hips/thighs in check if I'm wearing a tighter dress. :)
  • Options
    @loveymay I use a blanqui support tank most days and a legitimate support belt (from my midwife) for high-impact activity like running. I like the tank for everyday because it gives support and lift without being aggravating or painful like the belt gets after a few hours. That being said, there are days when she must sit lower and the belt does provide a couple of hours of relief. My belt was free but the blanqui cost around $70 on Amazon. It's also very long because the bottom is supposed to double as a band to hold up your pants, which is pretty pointless at this stage of the game. 
    @AmadorRose - you are an absolute rock star for still running. I ran after the train this morning and was out of breath.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    @AmadorRose - you are an absolute rock star for still running. I ran after the train this morning and was out of breath.
    Oh I'm out of breath! Running is kind of an exaggeration, it's more of a very slow jog...but it's still high-impact because I've gained 20 pounds! Haha
  • Options
    I am getting dizzy quite frequently.  Sometimes bad enough to have vertigo, usually just bad enough to make me sick to my stomach.  Eating and drinking makes it somewhat better, but does not make it go away.  Sleep usually makes it go away, leading me to think it's exhaustion.  If that's the case, I may need to quit my job soon just by virtue being too tired.  Is anyone else having these kind of issues?
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Options
    I am getting dizzy quite frequently.  Sometimes bad enough to have vertigo, usually just bad enough to make me sick to my stomach.  Eating and drinking makes it somewhat better, but does not make it go away.  Sleep usually makes it go away, leading me to think it's exhaustion.  If that's the case, I may need to quit my job soon just by virtue being too tired.  Is anyone else having these kind of issues?
    I've had similar bouts but I don't have the option of quitting; fortunately, my unit is going to the field this month so my job will be easy and after they come back, I'll be training my replacements. The three times I got out of my chair today I became very light-headed and I'll probably take a nap today because I just don't sleep well at night anymore. 
  • Options
    I'd definitely talk to your OB. Have you had your iron levels checked? Sounds like you could be anemic. Try upping iron rich foods like peas and leafy greens in the meantime. 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    @mrstrax I will definitely load up on the greens. My OB gave me vertigo exercises and sent me home-I was not pleased.  She didn't even run a blood test until a few weeks later.  I was displeased.  Thank you for the response!
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18