April 2016 Moms
Options

Third tri symptoms thread

Re: Third tri symptoms thread

• Options
    I got my belly measured at my OB appointment yesterday and she was pushing on my bone down there while measuring and it hurt really bad and it still hurts terribly over 24 hours later. Is this normal? Are they supposed to hurt you?
  • Options
    I got my belly measured at my OB appointment yesterday and she was pushing on my bone down there while measuring and it hurt really bad and it still hurts terribly over 24 hours later. Is this normal? Are they supposed to hurt you?
    Sounds like you may be the newest member of the symphysis pubis disorder club. Not necessarily normal but nothing to worry about. LO shifted up into my rooms recently so mine has gotten a bit better, but it still hurts and it does get worse when pressure is applied to my pubis - like when my 70-lb dog sits on my lap. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like you may be the newest member of the symphysis pubis disorder club. Not necessarily normal but nothing to worry about. LO shifted up into my rooms recently so mine has gotten a bit better, but it still hurts and it does get worse when pressure is applied to my pubis - like when my 70-lb dog sits on my lap. 
    Ah I don't know, you could be right! It's weird it didn't really hurt before the doctor though! I hope it just goes away! So painful!
  • Options
    Ah I don't know, you could be right! It's weird it didn't really hurt before the doctor though! I hope it just goes away! So painful!
    I really hope it does - pelvic pain blows!
  • Options
    I really hope it does - pelvic pain blows!
    This is one club I truly wish I was NOT a member of. 
  • Options
    @AmadorRose thanks for the suggestion! I just ordered one from Amazon and chose expedited shipping, lol. 
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    @AmadorRose thanks for the suggestion! I just ordered one from Amazon and chose expedited shipping, lol. 
    Just expect it to be long, even if you have a long torso!
  • Options
    Anyone have ONE swollen foot? My right foot is crazy swollen today.. But not the left. It doesn't go all the way up my leg or anything. I have a huge presentation at 1.. Then trying to decide if I should call doc, or just mention it at tomorrow's appointment. 
  • Options
    Anybody try kinesiology tape for pregnancy? First time I heard of it was when I used to coach swimming. It's supposed to provide relief for a range of pregnancy symptoms 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @redselig I've never used it but I'm skeptical. The relief I feel from my pregnancy support belt is due to the belt lifting my belly and redistributing the weight more evenly, which a piece of tape couldn't do. My blanqui does the same but distributes the weight to my entire back and partially to the shoulders, another thing that I don't think tape could do sufficiently. 
  • Options
    redselig said:
    Anybody try kinesiology tape for pregnancy? First time I heard of it was when I used to coach swimming. It's supposed to provide relief for a range of pregnancy symptoms 

My degree is in Kinesiology, and as of a couple years ago (graduated 2013) there was very little scientific research on Kinesio Tape. Most studies that have been done show either no difference in using KT and regular athletic tape, or a placebo effect helping encourage range of motion etc but no actual help to the musculoskeletal system. Nothing says it's dangerous or anything like that (other than athletes pushing an injury too hard assuming the tape is strengthening) so if you already own some, it's worth a shot, but I personally wouldn't pay for any. 
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrstrax said:
    redselig said:

My degree is in Kinesiology, and as of a couple years ago (graduated 2013) there was very little scientific research on Kinesio Tape. Most studies that have been done show either no difference in using KT and regular athletic tape, or a placebo effect helping encourage range of motion etc but no actual help to the musculoskeletal system. Nothing says it's dangerous or anything like that (other than athletes pushing an injury too hard assuming the tape is strengthening) so if you already own some, it's worth a shot, but I personally wouldn't pay for any. 
    Is the effect similar to that of athletic trainers taping shin splints? My sister is an athletic trainer and used to complain about this task all the time. 
  • Options
    redselig said:

I have a continuing ed certification in therapeutic taping (I'm a therapist) and anecdotal evidence suggests that patients really like it, and it encourages better posturing/positioning. There are different types of taping - circulatory, structural - depending on the need of the patient. There is some legitimate scientific evidence on the effectiveness now, I do believe. I rarely ever tape people though because I mainly work in geriatrics and it's not kind on their fragile skin. It's very popular in athletics. 
  • Options
    mrstrax said:
    redselig said:

Is the effect similar to that of athletic trainers taping shin splints? My sister is an athletic trainer and used to complain about this task all the time. 
    I didn't do AT school, so I couldn't say for sure, but that would make sense. Most of what I understand about it is that it "works" by making athletes more confident after an injury, but there hasn't been much study on if the benefits are worth the risk of going too hard before your body is ready. 

To clarify - it may have some actual benefits, but the last I looked, there haven't been any proven to be any better than just using regular athletic tape on an ankle etc. 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited February 2016

Is anybody just....itchy for no reason?

Itchy scalp.

Itchy palms.

Itchy belly.

Itchy back.

Itchy boobs....especially the boobs!

I'm 5 seconds from ripping off my clothes and rubbing my body against a damn tree or something.

• Options
    linzoirv said:

Itchy scalp.

Itchy palms.

Itchy belly.

Itchy back.

I'm 5 seconds from ripping of my clothes and rubbing my body against a damn tree or something.

I experienced this first tri. Mine was alleviated by daily Zyrtec (Benadryl would also work) but you do need to be careful of pregnancy-related rashes like PUPPS. 
  • Options
    linzoirv said:

Itchy scalp.

Itchy palms.

Itchy belly.

Itchy back.

I'm 5 seconds from ripping of my clothes and rubbing my body against a damn tree or something.

The itching is getting crazy. My boobs and belly. Today my boobs have been veryyyyy itchy. Ugh.  

• Options
    linzoirv said:

Itchy scalp.

Itchy palms.

Itchy belly.

Itchy back.

I'm 5 seconds from ripping off my clothes and rubbing my body against a damn tree or something.

I experienced this first tri. Mine was alleviated by daily Zyrtec (Benadryl would also work) but you do need to be careful of pregnancy-related rashes like PUPPS. 
    I just Googled PUPPS and I am praying to God I don't end up with that. I do have some small rashes that have appeared overnight so I'm calling my OB stat!
  • Options
    linzoirv said:
    linzoirv said:

Itchy scalp.

Itchy palms.

Itchy belly.

Itchy back.

I just Googled PUPPS and I am praying to God I don't end up with that. I do have some small rashes that have appeared overnight so I'm calling my OB stat!
    Good luck, hope it's nothing!
  • Options
    @mrstrax @cmjenkies thanks for your expertise! Even if I were to purchase some Kinesio tape, I'm not sure if I would be able to tape myself up correctly :)  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    linzoirv said:

Itchy scalp.

Itchy palms.

Itchy belly.

Itchy back.

The itching is getting crazy. My boobs and belly. Today my boobs have been veryyyyy itchy. Ugh.  
    Yeah.... I feel like Baloo in the junglebook where he picks up a tree and scratches his back when he's singing "The Bear Necessities." Oil and coconut lotion's been helping a lot!
  • Options
    kimey1 said:
    linzoirv said:

Itchy scalp.

Itchy palms.

Itchy belly.

Itchy back.

Yeah.... I feel like Baloo in the junglebook where he picks up a tree and scratches his back when he's singing "The Bear Necessities." Oil and coconut lotion's been helping a lot!
    Lol now I have the song stuck in my head. And I'm gonna find me some coconut lotion, as the itching is getting out of control. :s 

• Options
    Is anyone else getting really hot and sweaty a lot? I wasn't sure if that was a pregnancy thing but it seems unusual for me.
  • Options
    Is anyone else getting really hot and sweaty a lot? I wasn't sure if that was a pregnancy thing but it seems unusual for me.
    Nope definitely normal. I've had like menopause level hot flashes at night lately.
  • Options
    @RoseShadow873 the videos they show you on the bump when your week changes will tell you about it soon enough ;) Apparently it has to do with having a higher metabolic rate?
  • Options
    Pretty sure I overdid myself this weekend - everything hurts. My back, hips, and as always pelvis. Ow, ow, and ow. 

In other news, usually chill little girl is kicking up a storm tonight thanks to a Dr. Pepper indulgence that I haven't had in months. 
  • Options
    Jacinta89Jacinta89 member
    edited February 2016
    For the past two weeks my lady parts have felt sore, itchy and inflamed just wondered if anyone else has been getting these symptoms seeing my doctor today but I'm a FTM so not sure if this is normal 
  • Options
    Jacinta89 said:
    For the past two weeks my lady parts have felt sore, itchy and inflamed just wondered if anyone else has been getting these symptoms seeing my doctor today but I'm a FTM so not sure if this is normal 
    Sore and inflamed is very common, due to the additional pressure and blood flow in the area. Some women even get varicose veins there, which go away later. But as far as itchy, it's good to have a doctor double check to make sure you don't have a yeast infection. They're very common in pregnancy due to hormonal changes. 
  • Options
    Any other moms having kidney issues/stones as a result of pregnancy? This is my third baby and no previous issues with this. After a week long stay in the hospital in excruciating pain they inserted a Nephrostomy Catheter for the remainder of this pregnancy. According to the doctors kidney issues are a common symptom, but I'm feeling pretty alone in this one....
  • Options
    Here's a random one....over the past couple weeks, I have noticed a TON more freckles on my body, like 20+.  Mostly on my stomach, neck, and face, but some more on my arms too! I have a good many freckles as it is (not a many as red-heads, but I am definitely speckled.  Most of the newer ones are darker than those that I have had for a while too.  I tan quickly in the summer and always had reappearances of freckles from the sun, but with my first pregnancy, I never noticed new freckles.  It's just.....weird!

imageimage
  • Options
    The baby has a spot he kicks in my rib area that is an instant puke-trigger. I'm not sure if it's an organ that's smushed and feeling awkward, or what. When he kicks it, it's instant nausea out of nowhere. Anybody know what's up with that?
  • Options
    I know this is a normal third tri symptom, but anyone else dealing with swollen lady bits down there? Its not too bad, but definitely uncomfortable. I hate wearing pants now, of any kind. I just want to wear loose undies and a nightgown. I told my dh its like having a constant front wedgie. Does anyone have any tips on how to alleviate some discomfort? I can't think of anything, maybe using baby powder? 
  • Options
    @loveymay Not swollen in physical size, but kind of... Engorged, yes (what a disturbing word, I know). I feel an increase in overall pressure in the area that's more apparent when I use the bathroom. No fun at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Okay this is probably TMI, but have any of you experienced any problems with digestion? Every time I eat I start getting excruciating pain in my bowels 10 minutes later. It's pretty bad and yesterday I was screaming from the pain. The only relief I get is when I go to the toilet and take a dump. I'm not constipated, so I don't know why it's like this  :/

• Options
    Okay this is probably TMI, but have any of you experienced any problems with digestion? Every time I eat I start getting excruciating pain in my bowels 10 minutes later. It's pretty bad and yesterday I was screaming from the pain. The only relief I get is when I go to the toilet and take a dump. I'm not constipated, so I don't know why it's like this  :/
    I haven't shouted from pain but I defintely can't eat much at a time and my bathroom visits are more frequent. I can only eat small amounts and I have to keep emptying my tummy to eat again. If you have mild heartburn, I find that gingerale and seltzer helps with digestion and going to the bathroom. I just avoid fizz when I take my prenatals and iron supplements.
  • Options
    @loveymay Not swollen in physical size, but kind of... Engorged, yes (what a disturbing word, I know). I feel an increase in overall pressure in the area that's more apparent when I use the bathroom. No fun at all.
    Same here. It doesn't HURT, per se. It's just uncomfortable and feels a bit on the awkward side.
  • Options
    Does is look normal when you go? I'm having the opposite problem but screaming in pain would be a red flag for me, especially after everything else you've been through in the last few months. 
  • Options
    @AmadorRose yeah, it looks pretty normal, I did have some diarrhea today  :s I'm supposed to drop by the midwife tomorrow with a urine sample as they're worried I might have a UTI. I'll bring it up with them there  :/

• Options
    @elasticheart13 definitely...sometimes I want to cry because I just can't poop but that amount of pain is not normal. 
  • Options
    I was really constipated and now have an uncomfortable amount of bleeding from that area. Not sure there is anything to do about it but it is unpleasant :(