Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

** INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE! **

Re: ** INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE! **

• Options
    **TW Loss mentioned**

Hi everyone. I'm 28 and DH is 29 and we are the parents to a two year old DS and two big fur babies. 

I went off the pill in June to regulate my cycles since they were so wonky before getting pregnant with DS. We started trying in October and got a BFP in the beginning of February. Unfortunately, I miscarried at 7 weeks and we were devastated.

I'm not sure how much I'll get to participate because my cycle hasn't returned yet, but I thought I'd introduce myself and lurk a little until then. :smile: 
  • Options
    I guess it's time to re-introduce myself here. 

*losses mentioned*

I was active here for a lot of 2015, and it's interesting to see so many new names! My name is Casey, and DH and I have been TTC since March/April for our first child. We got married in Oct 2014 and I am 31 and DH is 32. We had a chemical pregnancy over the summer, and then got our 2nd BFP in October. We sadly miscarried the week of Christmas, and it's been a bit of a whirlwind since then.

My OB referred us to a RE who discovered that I have a Fragile X pre-mutation, and with the number of repeats, there is a high chance that a child would be fully affected if we were to conceive naturally. After talking to a genetic counselor, DH and I have decided that we are going the IVF w/ PGD route, and are currently in the "limbo" period with getting that coordinated - getting my immediate family tested to see if they are carriers, getting cheek swabs from my parents and DH and I so the genetics lab can build a "test probe" to use to determine if any embryos having the mutation or not, etc...

At this point my RE says we are aiming for a May IVF cycle, which is *hard* to keep any patience for, so I decided to re-join TB to stay distracted...so, hi again! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning ladies. My name is Dallas and we have been TTC for 32 cycles. I am 29 years old and my DH is 41. He has 2 children that are 13 and 7, and I have been with him for 6 years. 
    I have been to 3 different physicians, with no luck. I have done 10 cycles of Chlomid and this will be my 6th cycle of Metformin and Letrozole. 
    Prior to going to the last OBGYN, no one told me that I was not ovulating. I had no idea. I was getting semi regulated periods, and felt absolutely normal. However, after months of blood tests, we isolated the ovulation issue. The last several months have shown positive ovulation, but I am still not pregnant. I am just....sad. I am typically not a woe is me type of woman. But infertility is making me bitter. Encouragement or Advice is GREATLY appreciated.   
  • Options
    drkuper said:
    Good morning ladies. My name is Dallas and we have been TTC for 32 cycles. I am 29 years old and my DH is 41. He has 2 children that are 13 and 7, and I have been with him for 6 years. 
    I have been to 3 different physicians, with no luck. I have done 10 cycles of Chlomid and this will be my 6th cycle of Metformin and Letrozole. 
    Prior to going to the last OBGYN, no one told me that I was not ovulating. I had no idea. I was getting semi regulated periods, and felt absolutely normal. However, after months of blood tests, we isolated the ovulation issue. The last several months have shown positive ovulation, but I am still not pregnant. I am just....sad. I am typically not a woe is me type of woman. But infertility is making me bitter. Encouragement or Advice is GREATLY appreciated.   
    Woah woah woah
    10 cycles of clomid????

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    micshi said:
    drkuper said:
    Woah woah woah
    10 cycles of clomid????
    That was my initial reaction, but I have read that some doctors allowing 12 cycles before stopping protocol...?
  • Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie. I'm 25 years old with a DH at 28. We have two adorable fur babies but are starting to TTC for a human one :) I just recently got off my birth control pill so I'm still adjusting to getting myself back in sync. I'm really excited to be here and be part of a supportive community!

Me: (26) DH: (28)

2 Fur Babies

TTC since 2/2016

+ HPT on 6/25/16

Baby #1 due 3/10/17

• Options
      Also, still trying to figure out the signature!! :)

Me: (26) DH: (28)

2 Fur Babies

TTC since 2/2016

+ HPT on 6/25/16

Baby #1 due 3/10/17

• Options
        **TW loss mentioned**

Hello all!
        Im Britney, my DH and I are 25 and 26 respectively. We are highschool sweethearts and have been together for 8 years and married almost 4 months! We have two furbaby pups that we love dearly. I spent most of 2014 and 2015 going crazy wedding planning. Just about 4 months before our wedding we found out we were expecting with EDD of March2016. We were ecstatic. Devastatingly, we had a MC just a few weeks before the wedding day. Sometimes things dont always make sense but you have to believe there are reasons. Our worlds basically came crashing down and now we are doing everything we can to remain positive, believe there is a plan and are now TTC again!

Im fairly new to the bump, I lurked in my BMB months ago and have finally been (somewhat) okay lately and decided to reach out again now and join the community for support and a good laugh here and there! 
      • Options
        micshi said:
        drkuper said:
        Woah woah woah
        10 cycles of clomid????
        That was my initial reaction, but I have read that some doctors allowing 12 cycles before stopping protocol...?

• Options
        edited February 2016
        @drkuper I've read that clomid should only be used for a maximum of 6 cycles (in a lifetime). If clomid is successful, it's usually during the first 3-4 ovulatory cycles. How have you been responding to letrozole? Have you discussed injectibles like follistim or Gonal-F?

• Options
        @caseyw8784I've read that clomid should only be used for a maximum of 6 cycles (in a lifetime). If clomid is successful, it's usually during the first 3-4 ovulatory cycles. How have you been responding to letrozole? Have you discussed injectibles like follistim or Gonal-F?
        sorry, for clarification, I'm not taking clomid, i was only responding to the post above mine. Here on TB I've read that 6 cycles should be the lifetime max, but I have read elsewhere that some doctors do consider giving it to patients for a lifetime max of 12. I was thinking maybe that the poster who said that she's on 10 cycles, that may be her situation...
      • Options
        Hi Ladies,
        I am new here and currently enduring the TWW. My first child passed away about 8 years ago shortly after birth (with a previous partner). Recently married we have been undergoing a huge amount of testing for the last 12+ months and thankfully we were given the go ahead to TTC. My first round of IUI was Friday. I am 30 I work years old. I work for a tech company and author a blog for Mama's with mobility issues. My spouse is 37 and is in the Military. I love to travel, read and cook! fingers crossed for a BFP in the coming days!
      • Options
        edited February 2016
        @caseyw8784 Sorry! I didn't notice til after I posted that I tagged the wrong person! I fixed it!
      • Options
        Hey all! TW* loss mentioned 

I've been in and out of this board since September. I'm 27, DH is 28. We've been TTC since Sept and since have had a CP and just had a miscarriage between 6 and 8 weeks PG. It was a blighted ovum and I ended up having to take misoprostol over the weekend too prompt my body to actually expel the miscarriage. It's been a very exhausting and emotional few months but we're trying not to be discourage.

Right now we're benched until after I have a regular cycle and then my doc gave me the thumbs up to begin again. I'm hopeful and excited to re-get-to-know you ladies.

• Options
        **TW loss mentioned**

Ok, if @SDSwenson is re-intro-ing I suppose I'll stop lurking and join back in too.

DH and I are both 29. I started lurking here when we started TTC in August and participated in December before getting my BFP in January. I was diagnosed with a MMC at 7w5d (baby stopped growing at 6w) and miscarried naturally last week at 9w1d without any complications. My midwife gave us the go-ahead to start trying again as soon as we were emotionally ready. We're not at 100% but we'd rather start trying again and have something to look forward to. I'm also looking forward to getting to know everyone here again.

@SDSwenson, it's good to see you again. *hug*
        Me: 29, DH: 29
        Married 9/27/14
        TTC #1 since 8/15/15
        BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
        BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
        Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Options
        ladyKC2ladyKC2 member
        edited February 2016
        Whoa... The boards have changed a lot since I was on the Knot in a different lifetime.

I'm 34, DH is 40.  No kids together, but he has two from a previous marriage.  I'm trying to keep a cool head about TTC because I have seen a lot friends experience the highs and lows of the journey.  I have too many jobs to count, but only because I have a number of passions and I'm lucky enough to get to pursue them at the same time.  Excited to see what board life is like now.  I thoroughly enjoyed it back in the day and still have RL friends I made from the local board.  

Onto cycle 3 today and ready to learn from the wise ladies here. 
      • Options
        Hi! I'm Kacey! I'm 29 and my DH is 30, we've been married for almost 9 years. We have two kids, 4 & 2 and we've been TTC #3 since October.
        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      • Options
        Hey everyone,
        I have been lurking daily since September of 2015 and have participated on BOTB as well, but feel like it is time to join TTC. DH (29) and I (26) feel like we're finally ready to start TTC when he returns from deployment in the summer. He leave shortly and I stopped BCP a week ago to give my body time to (hopefully) regulate while he is gone. I am already temping, have read TCOYF, and am really just waiting to see what happens. Since DH won't be around for actively TTC I don't think I will participate in the WTO/TWW threads just yet but will join in on other threads. I look forward to getting to finally speak with everyone, rather than just lurking!
      • Options
        Hi im Hailey. Dh & I are ttc again after out 4th miscarriage last month. I have pcos and suffer from recurrent miscarriages. I am currently trying to gain information on ovulation after miscarriage. If anyone has any info feel free to reply. 
         How soon do you ovulate after miscarriage?
      • Options
        ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
        edited February 2016
        micshi said:
        drkuper said:
        Woah woah woah
        10 cycles of clomid????

I asked my RE about the cycle max for Letrozole/Clomid and he told me that it use to be 6 because they thought it could cause certain types of cancer but it has been researched and there has not been a link made.  Me RE said he has prescribed it for 8-10 months for some patients, but said usually if it hasn't worked by the fourth cycle  then it's time to switch treatment.
        Me: 31 | H: 32
        Married September 2014
        TTC #1 December 2014
        RE appt 12/2015
        CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
        Dx: Unexplained Infertility
        February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
        BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
        It's a girl!
        Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
        --------
        TFAS March 2018
        RE consultation 8/2/18
        Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
        It's a girl!
        Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
      • Options
        bensonbabensonba member
        edited February 2016
        Hi all!

I'm 29 and DH is 28.  We've been married 6 1/2 years and together forever before that. We have two DDs...4 1/2 and 3.  Just started TTC #3.  I was on the bump years ago while pregnant with DD1, but haven't temped or charted in years. So here's to hoping that I can figure it out again :smile:    

ETA:  Aaaand off to figure out how to update the sig :neutral: 

• Options
        **TW loss mentioned**

Hi there! DH and I recently decided to start trying for #2. DS is 2 and and DH is really ready to expand some more. While trying to get pregnant with DS, we had a miscarriage and my cycle never truly regulated. On the cycle that ended up with DS, I had taken provera to start my AF, only to find out I had ovulated on day 51. The provera had no effect on the pregnancy, I'm just anxious about history repeating itself. Last time it took a full year and FX it won't take as long this time around. I temped before and will start next cycle again, but look forward to learning more from you ladies.

I only lurked last time around (and most likely will this time), but wanted to introduce myself. 
      • Options
        TW: loss mentioned

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around for a while so I figured it was time to post. 

My 29 and my husband is 31. We got married in June 2015 and I had mirena removed on 9/25. I got pregnant my second cycle after removal (found out at 3w4d) and we were so excited and shocked it happened so soon. Unfortunately at 5w3d I began bleeding and miscarried. It took over 6 weeks for my levels to get back below 5 and now we are actively TTC. 

I'm not temping yet, so I'm basically just watching my cycle timing, CM, and OPKs. I will likely start temping if I don't get pregnant in the next few cycles. Planning on hopping onto the WTO and TWW threads. Look forward to getting to know everyone! 
      • Options
        Hey guys! :) after lurking for a year I've finally made an account and decided to start posting and taking part in the community here! So, a little about me and mine: my fiancé and I are on cycle #2 of TTC and it's my 6th cycle since coming off BCP. Ive been tracking my cycles using Ovia and I track CM and CP; I've got a pretty regular 28-30 day cycle with my O day typically on CD 15 with which I get cramping the day of and the day after. I've also got pretty good CM for about 4-5 days so I haven't been too concerned about needing to temp, we're BD every other day. I'm 20 and my SO is 24. He's in the national guard with a uniform-attached state job at our local base, and I currently work at Subway. When we do get pregnant I'm planning on continuing working until I can't anymore and then becoming a SAHM and possibly going back to school to become a CNM or yoga instructor. We're planning on cloth diapering and practicing attachment parenting. I'm on CD 9 today, so wish me luck! 

Looking forward to getting to know you guys :)
      • Options
        Hi all:
        My name is Renee and My DH and I will be trying for baby number 2. We have a DD born in February of 2013. We had a lot of success with temping and will be temping this time around as well.

BabyFruit Ticker
      • Options
        Hi everyone!  Decided to do the intro thing.  My DH and I are Canadians in our mid-30s. We both have demanding careers and have only recently decided to proactively TTC. I've been off BCP for a long time though.  

I'm also finishing up an MBA so the timing will be great if we are lucky enough to get KU in the next year. Many of our friends have babies at this point but in our social group most people have waited because of school and careers...so we're not the last just yet!  We're keeping the TTC part on the DL for a few reasons.  

Hoping to connect with other first timers and get advice from all the veteran mommies out there!
        #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
        TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
        Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
        Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
        ChaoticWolfChaoticWolf member
        edited February 2016
        !TW: Loss Mentioned!

Hi everyone, 

I've been lurking for the last few days and finally decided to make my introduction. I'm 23 and DH is 24, we're Americans living in Florida, and I'm on cycle day 9 of 30-ish. We both have just recently decided to NTNP by sometimes using withdrawal and by trying to have a carefree approach to this with the intention of really TTC'ing in February '17 if it doesn't happen semi-accidentally. I've been off BC since May 2015 and don't have any intention of going back on it (because the hormones drive my body nuts).

Anyways, DH and I agree that it would be better for us to wait at least a few months before we get KU but as fertility problems are common in my family, NTNP is good enough for now. If it happens I'd be thrilled and DH would be okay with it. I've been advised by my GYN that it takes most couples 6-12 months anyways. We've had one MC at 7/8 weeks when we were dating as teenagers, and I think between that and all of my peers and family having LO's and being KU, I have the fever. Help I'm obsessed!

Hope I'll get to know all you lovely people!

Edit: Figuring out signatures XD
        Previously PaukMeKiande
        Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
        BFP May 16th 2016
        EDD January 25 2017
        DD born January 30 2017
        Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
      • Options
        *tw loss mentioned*

hi everyone! I have been daily stalking the boards for about 6 months and occasionally posting but thought I would introduce myself properly!
        im 25 with a wonderful partner of 7 years and have 4 four legged furry babies
      • Options
        *tw: loss mentioned*

Hi ladies, this is my re-intro. I was part of the TTGP community from August '15 to January '16 when I received my BFP. Unfortunately, I found out last week at 8 weeks that I had a blighted ovum and I'm scheduled for a D&C next Friday, if my body doesn't pass it on it's own. I'm so sad to be back but I know the ladies here are great and supportive.

A little background on me, I'm a preschool teacher, my DH is a computer technician. We've been married for almost 5 years and have a DD who will be 3 in March.   

DH: 35 | Me: 29
        BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
        Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
        BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
        BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
        BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
        , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
        Thank you @MissAmeliaPond, I really appreciate it.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
        BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
        Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
        BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
        BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
        BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
        , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
        @Yailani23 I'm so sorry for your loss

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
        TTC #1 since October 2015
        IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
        IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
        EDD: Oct 4th 2017
        TEAM: PINK!!
        Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker