Options

** INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE! **

Re: ** INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE! **

• Options
    edited February 2016
    **Removed by Admin**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Caroline! I lurked here YEARS ago and learned so much — I started temping for about 4 years before my husband and I TTC #1 in 2014. Mostly I just loved knowing what was going on with my body, and it  made things make more sense when the time came to get KU.
    My husband and I are TTC #2 this year BUT we've been delayed because my cycles haven't resumed yet after DD's birth in May 2015. I'm still breastfeeding and not sure when I'll start ovulating again, but my body is giving signs that the time is coming! In January I had patches of EW and thought "This is it!" because I hadn't been temping. Then I was caught by surprise when I started experiencing every symptom under the sun — bloating, dizziness, sensitive to smells, taste buds way off, insomnia, major fatigue, those CRAZY effing dreams — and I was so confused but apparently it was just my hormones trying to regulate again :( This is my first time going through the whole system reboot so I didn't know! Two BFNs later and I lot more temping and I realized I never ovulated at all.
    So I've been kind of impatient for things to get moving again and hopefully I'm not the type who has to wait until #1 is fully weaned before I start cycling normally. I'm going to keep temping and lurking until then!!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone I'm not sure if I have posted on here or not...but I guess I'll say hi now anyway. 
    I'm 34 and DH is 32 and we have been married since July 16th 2015. We decided shortly after we got married that it was time to start TTC and got my BFP in Sept but I had a MC in Oct. 
    We have been TTC again since Dec 2015 with no luck yet. We are going to continue trying until I finally get that BFP we are hoping for. :) 
    I'm hopefully going to be more active on here again now that I finally feeling up to getting back on here and interacting with people again. Not sure what else to really say but I guess if anyone has anything they would like to ask....feel free I don't bite. 
    Me: 35  DH: 32
    BFP #1: Sept 21st 2015
    MC: Oct 13th 2015
    BFP #2: May 7th 2016
    EDD: Jan. 10th 2017

Pregnancy Ticker>
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!!
    I'm April, I'm a  SAHM. I'll be 30 next month (gosh that sounds old! haha), DH is 30. Our son just turned 2 last month, we had originally planned to have #2 by now but well.. life gets in the way! We have been moving for about 2 months and are finally closing on our new home this month sooo it's time for #2!  We never went back on birth control since my son and we've tried off and on since last summer but no luck. Now I am ready to get serious on making this happen. I was on Birth board Jan 2014 back in the day and I'm back to make new friends and to have and give support to all you lovely ladies!

:::baby dust:: everywhere!! 
  • Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm Sarah and this will be my first ever time TTC! So I just had my IUD removed yesterday and I am already terrified. This will be a first for DH and me and although I have been dreaming of this moment for years, I suddenly find myself scared knowing I have nothing protecting me from getting pregnant now. I am 31 (32 in August) and my younger sister just had her son last August. I have wanted to start TTC for several years now, but suddenly, now that the IUD is out, DH is totally on board. I actually went in to have my IUD checked because this past weekend, I thought it felt like it was coming out on its own. When my Dr confirmed it was in the right place, I told her to just go ahead and take it out. Now what?! LOL Should we wait until after I get a period before we jump right back in?
  • Options
    Hi im in the tww now at 10 dpo still waiting to test until AF . im 19 ill be 20 in September my boyfriend is 22 we have no kids and this might be our first 
  • Options
    My Hubby and I decided to start Trying the first of this year.  We are using the clear blues OPKs to track my cycle.  He's pretty calm about the whole thing, but I find myself very anxious through the process (though I am a naturally anxious person).  It's not anxiety about having kids (I have always wanted children), more so it's an impatience.  I was a few days late this month (though I haven't always payed the closest attention to my cycle) so was hoping to be a one month wonder, but no such luck.  
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    melmal9melmal9 member
    edited February 2016
    Hi! Ttc number one after 2+ years of marriage. second month w/o bc after 14 years. Looks like I o'ed last month based on bbt and Opk. Age 31 DH is 33. Hoping for a BFP sooner rather than later but trying to keep calm. Very homeopathic. ( had longer intro but something messed up boo:( ).
    cheers!
  • Options
    I'm Taylor! DH & I have been TTC for #1 almost 4 months now, so I'm brand new at this. I became pregnant at our first month of trying, but miscarried soon thereafter. This looks like a good place for sanctuary and sharing with others, so I'm excited to be here with all you ladies. :) 
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    **TW: losses mentioned**

Hey guys!
    TTC #1 for 2.5 years now....I've been going to an RE for over a year. I've had 5 IUIs and actually got pregnant after #2 and 3 but unfortunately I miscarried both times at 8 weeks. Had testing done, but they couldn't identify a reason for the miscarriages. Could be because I have fibroids but nothing for sure. I have been lurking this board for awhile, and I have learned a lot here! I can't wait to start participating and get to know all you ladies!
  • Options
    morethancatsmorethancats member
    edited February 2016
    Hi... this is my first post so please forgive me if I've replied to someone else's post and not the main post... I can't tell.

I'm Carol, 31 years old cancer survivor, in remission from hodgkin's lymphoma 4 years.  Married since summer 2014, TTC since December 2016.  Not having a good experience with it so far but apparently the specifics are frowned upon without trigger warnings.

Anyway, I'm trying to stay optimistic, and we're really hoping for good news and a baby soon :)

Nice to meet you all!

edited out mention of loss
  • Options
    Why hello there, I'm back from a lifetime ago TTC again. My youngest is almost 3 and I'm not getting any younger.

married to a lawyer
    three kids (one angel, one boy and one girl)
    cat mom 
    family photographer 

Yep think that's about it :) 
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I hope I am doing this right, this is my first time being apart of a community. I have been TTC for baby #1 for 4 months now. I am 25, husband is 39. We have been married 5 years and are so excited to start our family!
  • Options
    *TW: loss*

@morethancats don't feel like you can't talk about loss here - the community just asks for a TW so those who aren't in an emotional place to read about loss can skip that part of the post. I am sorry you have experienced loss. Many of us have been there. I also find the TTCAL board to be very helpful.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options

Hi Everyone, I've been lurking on and off for about a month now and after getting AF this morning (4 days early) I decided I'd like to introduce myself.  I am 35 years old and DH will be 35 next month.  We have been Blessed with a beautiful little girl who will soon be 3.  We also have a 4 year old fur baby.

We were very fortunate with our first because we got pregnant on the 1st month of trying so this time around I was hoping for the same but that's not Gods plan.  It's been a new experience for me going through the TWW a few times now and so last month I decided to buy a Clear Blue Ovulation test in hope that it would help.  The good thing is I discovered that I ovulate a few days sooner than I thought I did but the bad thing is that they're expensive and I don't trust it completely. 

We started TTC for our second in early December, just ended Cycle 3 and unfortunately today marks CD1.  I actually planned on testing tomorrow but since AF showed early I guess I won't be POAS this month <sigh>. 

Anyway, I think I'm going to head to the pharmacy today to pick up a Basal Thermometer so that I can start temping as well.  I'm hoping that we will be able to try during Cycle 4 but given my DH's planned travel that may or may not happen, fingers crossed we can try otherwise I won't be joining the TWW conversations for a while.

Looking forward to chatting with you all as it can get pretty lonely otherwise.   

• Options
    kell8807kell8807 member
    edited February 2016
    I'm Kell. I'm 27 and DH is 28, we've been married since 2008. We had a surprise baby, DD1 in August 2009 and then actively TTC for DD2 (born in July 2011). We are planning to start TTC next week following my IUD removal. 

I'm currently a SAHM and decided to go back to college 2 years ago, so I'm also working on finishing my Bachelor degree in psychology and social work. I'm a big book nerd when I have time to read. And we love traveling. 

I was was kind of a lurker/timid poster with DD1, but was really active with the July11 board with DD2.  I actually am still really close to many of the moms from July11 and have met quite a few of them IRL

• Options
    Hi all!

DH and I are currently TTC #2. We started unofficially trying in September 2015, but this is our second cycle officially  (OPKs, tracking, etc.) trying. I just turned 31 and my DH is 40. We have a beautiful, rotten, amazing DS that turned 4 in November. I was originally part of the December 2011 board, but joined very late in my pregnancy. The support and friendships I have received from my mommy friends over the last 4 years has been amazing! I hope to have that again with this LO :) Good luck and sticky pregnancy dust to all!
    EDD 12/9/11, Team Blue Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kellybean1988
    it really is so amazing! I luckily have always had an idea of when I ovulated (my body gives me pretty big signals) but there's so much more to conceiving I never would have thought of.
    Also, I love your interests. DH and I are also both super nerds. We both are gamers (though we've never LARPed!), love GOT, and we're also big readers.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    I'm new here.  My husband and I have just decided to TTC for the first time and went off BC in January. We've been together for 11 years, married for 1.5 years.  I'm excited, nervous, anxious & ready.   I keep trying to think of ways to enjoy pre-baby time.. so I don't grow impatient and rush it away.  I look forward to hanging out on The Bump!

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    sheshaesheshae member
    edited February 2016
    Hi everyone, 
    I've been lurking for a few weeks and figured I would finally introduce myself. H and I decided to start TTC last month. I've began temping and in the process of tracking my cycle. I recently stopped taking BC and was on seasonique for the last few years. H and I have been together for 7 years and married for 3. I'm scheduled to be complete with my grad program in the Fall. We were waiting for me to be complete prior to the birth of the baby so if I was even to get pregnant right away I wouldn't be due until after school was complete. 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    Hello ladies and lurkers! I've been lurking for about a week, and was so excited to see this morning I've been promoted to a member! So I thought I'd come on over and introduce myself.  I'm 27, DH is 28.  We've been together for three years, married for 5 months.  We decided we wanted to TTC sooner rather than later, as I have RRMS (Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis).  First cycle trying was October, and my cycles have only gotten longer since then. (Currently on CD50!) I started using OPK's last month, and they seem to work for me. I am trying to temp chart, but started late in the game last month, so I'm fairly new to that.  Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I thoroughly enjoy it so far :smile: 
  • Options
    @kellybean1988
    it really is so amazing! I luckily have always had an idea of when I ovulated (my body gives me pretty big signals) but there's so much more to conceiving I never would have thought of.
    Also, I love your interests. DH and I are also both super nerds. We both are gamers (though we've never LARPed!), love GOT, and we're also big readers.
    @aliciabhen
    Woohoo! Go nerds!! What kind of games do you like? We play DnD (not very often) but we are REALLY into board games. Our favorites include Ticket to Ride (any version!), Dixit, Settlers of Catan, Betrayal at House on the Hill--and then we also like card games like Exploding Kittens, Sushi Go, etc. I have only ever LARPed twice, but I did help run a 50-person LARP at GenCon in Indianapolis a couple of years ago--it was terrifying but awesome! It was a Cthulhu LARP based on the Titanic. Super fun! LARPing is not my fave, I'd prefer a good old-fashioned board game or RPG, but we're pretty much game (ha!) to try anything. We are big readers too; I am currently on book 5 of Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series and I'm LOVING it (DH got me into it). There are several names from his series that are in the running for potential baby names some day! :smile: 

Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• Options
    ** Loss Mentioned! **

Hi all!

I'm Aimee. I'm 31, SO is 35. He and I are both software engineers--I work for a really cool online company that helps people learn how to write code :). I was previously part of the Feb 2016 pregnancies board and was pregnant with twins but miscarried last July at around 10 weeks. We didn't know for sure when they'd have been born since twins can pretty unpredictable and more often than not don't go full-term, so we decided to wait to TTC until we just got a good feeling about when it would have happened--I woke up sometime in late January and just knew that day would have been the day... weird as it sounds.

So we just started TTC this month and man, who knew sex could be so exhausting, lol. Also really excited to get better prepared for pregnancy this time since last time wasn't planned! Hoping things go much smoother this time and am excited to GTK everyone here!
  • Options
    AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited February 2016
    @kellybean1988
    @aliciabhen
    Woohoo! Go nerds!! What kind of games do you like? We play DnD (not very often) but we are REALLY into board games. Our favorites include Ticket to Ride (any version!), Dixit, Settlers of Catan, Betrayal at House on the Hill--and then we also like card games like Exploding Kittens, Sushi Go, etc. I have only ever LARPed twice, but I did help run a 50-person LARP at GenCon in Indianapolis a couple of years ago--it was terrifying but awesome! It was a Cthulhu LARP based on the Titanic. Super fun! LARPing is not my fave, I'd prefer a good old-fashioned board game or RPG, but we're pretty much game (ha!) to try anything. We are big readers too; I am currently on book 5 of Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series and I'm LOVING it (DH got me into it). There are several names from his series that are in the running for potential baby names some day! :smile: 

That's awesome! We're mainly into video games, but I LOVE ticket to ride. We also really really love dominion but we just got into it and are currently only good at the base cards. Seriously thought that actually sounds awesome (in reference to the LARP!). In terms of video games, I have really basic tastes. I've always been into simulations so I love games like the sims and harvest moon. And Pokemon. Can't seem to get away from that one. DH loves a variety. He's into RPGs and MRPGs. We also play computer games. We both used to play wow but we haven't in a while. He currently plays heroes of the storm. And in terms of books DH is big into fantasy books. He has wheel of time but hasn't read it yet. His favorite is Brandon Sanderson though, and he finished off wheel of time after Robeet Jordan died! I read lighter fantasy and also some girly books. That's so awesome that you're considering names from the series!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    **TW loss mentioned**

Hello everyone! It's weird being back here and I'm not sure if I'm truly back or not; we're not going to be TTC for a few more months due to a planned vacation.  Anyways! I've been apart of the bump community for about 4 years now (though I really have probably been an active member for about 2 of those years.)  I've been lurking on here for the past few weeks wondering if I should re-introduce myself and decided today was the day!

So a little about me, I'm 26 and so is my DH.  We've been married for 7 years now and have 2 fur babies.  Over a year ago I had gotten pregnant but it resulted in a MC around 9 or 10 weeks and haven't tried since.  I needed that time to heal, but I feel like I'm finally ready to give it another go. 

We won't officially be TTC until after a vacation and even then I'm not sure I would call it TTC.  I won't be temping or using OPK's, I do keep track of my cycle and basically we plan to just NTNP.  I'm sure that first month after the vacation I'll likely go crazy and track CM and anything I can do without an OPK or temp.  I hope it's okay if I continue to lurk on this board and occasionally comment!  Good luck to all you ladies TTC!
  • Options
    Hey guys! My DH and I have been together for 10 years and we got married in 2012. I'm 27 and he's 30. DH has been ready for a baby for a while but I didn't feel ready until last year. I finally feel like we've done a good amount of traveling, we have good long-term careers, we own a home, we're ready! We have a lab and a cat and love them like our children. We've been TTC since I had my IUD removed in Oct '15. I've been temping and using opks. Cycles have been long, so BD timing has been an issue. I've been lurking on The bump for a while and finally feel ready to participate in TTGP! ❤️
  • Options
    adele85adele85 member
    edited February 2016
    Hello,
    I am new here, I'm 30 and DH is 40. We are TTC #3 DD is 10 and DS is 5. We have been trying for 5 months even though I've had baby brain for 2 yrs. GP thinks I might have endometriosis due to the symptoms I have, which is scary to me. I don't temp or use opks but I do have very strong, painful ovulation pains so bad to the point of being in the ER thinking it was my appendix.  Which makes taking the relaxed approach at TTC very hard because as soon as I get that ovulation pain each month I will start thinking about TTC, I wish I didn't know when I ovulated and I know that is very different from most of you ladies here but how can I truly be relaxed if I know when I ovulate idk I just struggle with that, after all I am not in control anyway. Thank you for letting me share!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm KTdidit. DH (28) and I (32) have been married for 2.5 years, but we've known each other since we were 12 and 16 respectively. We have a 2yo DS and a 5.5yo DS (blended family, DH is not the older DS's BD). I stopped taking birth control 2 weeks ago, right now we are NTNP. I really want one more child, DH says he is only on board because he knows it will make me happy. But today I got AF and he seemed bummed, so I'm not sure I totally believe him. Either way, though, we will see hat happens. If it takes a while I'm ok with that. I hadn't really planned on trying for another one until we were ready to make our move out of state. I figured we would get settled in our new life and then try, but you know what they say about waiting until everything is perfect right? I've read the guide and I'll lurk around for a bit. Thanks for letting me join you!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Gonna go ahead and introduce myself because I think I'll start participating soonish. 

Micshi, here. My husband and I are 23, have been together since high school/married since our last year in college, and we just had a little girl in early August (surprise pregnancy). My little girl is almost 7 months, and I've had baby/pregnancy fever bad since she was, like, just born. Currently TTA but hoping to get off the pill in June (waiting to make sure my husband gets a particular job offer; if it doesn't happen, back to TTA so FX!). I'm 60% through TCOYF (according to my kindle), and my BBT thermometer is in the mail. 
    Wasn't planning on getting started on a family so young, but I've always wanted my kids close in age... So here we go!

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker