Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

** INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE! **

Re: ** INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE! **

• Options
    Hello Everyone, 

My name is Kim, I am 26 years old.  I am just starting my TTC Journey this year. My husband and I are approaching our 1st anniversary.  I currently have no children. Today is my Cycle day 1, I have already bought a First Response OPK.  I am so excited to get started and learn so many new things.  Please feel free to tell me everything I need to know :) 
  • Options

I’ve been around for a few months but never really intro-ed so here goes:

DH and I are both 27, soon to be 28. We’ve been married since December 2012. We have a miniature Australian shepherd pup who demands all our love and attention. DH and I love craft beer, go to lots of sporting events together, and never agree on pizza toppings!

TTC stuff: I stopped BCP on November 1st and we officially kicked off TTC #1 in December 2015. We are both looking forward to little ones but have had a hard time pulling the trigger. I’m a little reproductively special, one ovary and endometriosis, which may or may not make TTC on our own tricky. Anxious, of course, to be TTC!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Sammy, I'm 29 (30 in June) DH is 32 (will be 33 in May). We got married in Oct. We each have a son from our previous marriages mine is 4 and his is 6 and we started TTC officially this month... unfortunately my body loves to screw with me and skip January basically every year so not great timing on our part. lol Just getting back into charting, and still need to get a new basal thermometer because I left mine behind when I left my ex so I'll link to my chart once I start that. 

*loss mentioned below(no details)*
    I still need to do my sig but we obviously have been down the TTC road before just not together. I have 3 angels from 2 pregnancies that ended in loss very early on and DH has an angel with his ex who decided that it just wasnt the right time for her and ended against his wishes. 

Can't wait to get to know everyone and sending out lots of BFP dust to all!
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 27, DH is 30. We have been TTC #1 since August 2015. Long time lurker, and finally made it official and joined the club. I am currently a bit overwhelmed and don't know where to begin so any suggestions are appreciated!
  • Options
    Hello! I've been lurking for a few months now and finally decided to introduce myself.

My name is Emma and I'm 25. DH will be 25 on 1/30. We have been dating for over 7 years and got married on12/27/14. We are currently TTC baby #1.

Our original plan was to start once we had been married a year. Well, this past September I was 2 weeks late but still got a BFN and we were both really disappointed so we decided to not, not try anymore. But This month marks the first month we are seriously trying. I don't understand temping and what discharge looks like what but I'm slowly figuring it out! We are currently in our first TWW.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hello from Canada! Jumped ship from The Knot last month (Married Sept'15).

I'm 25 (26 in Feb) and DH just turned 30 in December. We have been together for 6 years and have decided to start our TTC journey this month. We have a menagerie of pets (4 dogs and 3 cats) who keep us on our toes and are very spoiled.

DH has always been very open about wanting a baby, but until now I just haven't been ready. Seems strange to go from preventing and on BCP for 8+ years to actually trying to get KU! We are both in stable jobs now, have settled in to married life and are ready to expand our family. Now that the decisions been made and I feel emotionally ready, we've jumped in with both feet. Lots of reading and lurking so far and BD'ing during my "probable" FW. No charting, OPK's or temping yet but doing my research for next month if needed. Currently in the TWW. Not sure how active I will be on this board, but I am enjoying it so far!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me:27
    Him:31
    Married: Sept'15
    TTC#1: Jan'16
    PCOS Dx: Apr'16
    BFP #1: Jul'16
    DS Born: Mar'17
  • Options
    Hi there! Me and my DH just recently decided to start NTNP but are so excited to hopefully add another little one to our family. Our DS is about to turn one and we want our children to be somewhat close in age. I am 25 and love to cook though I don't have much time for it anymore (the crockpot is my best friend). We have one fur baby, a crazy heeler mix that our son loves to sneak food to already.
  • Options
    Hi All, I'm Patty!
    DH and I have been TTC since the end of the summer, I thought it would have happened by now but no such luck. We have not told any friends or family to avoid the obvious nagging questions but now I am looking for some support because it has not happened yet. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.
  • Options
    I'm new here! Hello everyone! 

Yesterday marked the 3 month mark until we start TTC #2. April 24th is when we ditch the condoms. So, I guess I will step out the shadows. I am a 25 year old stay at home mom. My husband, who is 27, is in his last semester of grad school. He will be done in May! Our daughter was born Sep. 2013. She was a complete surprise birth control baby. I have to admit that it has been incredibly hard having a baby a couple months after graduating college, with a husband still going to school full time and with no family in town. But having her has been a much bigger blessing than a burden. It has been hard having to wait to give her a sibling. I always wanted my kids to be closer together in age, but there is just no way we were going to try for another until we were done with school. So, now the time is almost here. hooray! 

I have no experience trying to make a baby, so I'm sure I have a lot to learn. I have lurked every now and then for awhile on this board, mostly reading the informational threads. I bought TCOYF back in July when the new edition came out and I have a couple other books as well. I started taking prenatals on Saturday. Next month I ditch my birth control (Nuvaring). I am planning on temping my 2nd cycle off birth control. I also want to buy some OPKs. I have heard wondfos are good to get on Amazon. I have also heard of people getting sent fake, non-legit ones. Is there a way to know I am getting real wondfos? 

Thanks everyone! I look forward to getting to know you and learn from you!

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I have been lurking for a couple of months and decided it's time to introduce myself. I'm 31 and my husband is 32.  We have been married since April and recently moved to Dallas from San Diego. Starting new jobs caused us to wait a few months longer than we initially wanted before TTC, but now we are just starting cycle #3!  I look forward to getting to know everyone!  
  • Options
    Hey everyone!  My name is Danielle and my husband I are trying to conceive our third and final baby.  I am mom to two beautiful girls named MacKenzie (age 5) and Madeline (age 3) and a high school English teacher; my hands are full of kids all day, every day!  I have had issues in the past getting pregnant, but nothing to the point where I have needed any sort of IVF.  My husband and I have been actively TTC two full months now (I went off of my IUD about 4 months ago) and I track my cycles using fertility friend.  I tracked everything with my first two and had success, so here we are again :).

Just thought I would introduce myself and I really enjoyed these communities when I was pregnant with my first and second.   Can't wait to get to know you all :)
  • Options

hey y'all! Im Georgia!

I'm 20 and this is my first month TTC. I don't temp just chart when I'm supposed to o. we bded on my most fertile days and now i am 12dpo and AF was supposed to be here today.

my periods sometimes go from 28 day cycle to 31 day cycle.

i dont feel like af is comming though. here is a list of what i am going through. please give me your opinion.

very tinder breasts, lots of cm, crampy but not normal period cramps, nausous, very vivid preg dreams, and very odd cravings (pickles ice cream and peanuts).

let me know what you think

• Options
    Hey, folks! I used be a reg back here awhile back but H and I took the NTNP route for a bit. We're back in the TTGP saddle with a new RE and plan. I'm looking forward to get back to a community. I found it helped SO much the first time around. 

I belive there's some outdated info in my siggy.. so there's a bit of background for ya. :)

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    20T20T member
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a few months and thought I would jump in. I'm 31, DH is 32, we've been married just over a year, together for 7 years. Dealing with some health issues and TTC is a rocky road, but it's nice to know we're not in it alone! 
  • Options
    Hi, I am also a newbie to this website and to the trying to conceive world. This is my first month trying to conceive and it is exciting, nerve racking, stressful, and wonderful all at the same time. I am 23 in a few days and the internet has to be every TTC womens worst nightmare. I have been googling what to do to help conceive, lurking in threads, googling DPO symptoms and everything else. I am currently CD23 and 9DPO. Fingers crossed of course but Ive been telling myself that this is only the first month after having my IUD removed and not to be let down when I get a negative result.

I have been using OVIA Fertility tracker and tracking BBT, CM and symptoms, but every little thing makes me excited and I think I am working myself up! 
  • Options
    ***loss mentioned***
    Hello! My DH and I were married June 2013 and have been actively TTC since June 2014. We got our BFP September of 2014 but unfortunately resulted in a MC at 7 weeks.
    Irregular cycles have me going mad and I just ordered my BBT today! I can't wait to get some peace of mind by charting. Can't wait to jump in!
  • Options
    ** trigger warning, loss mentioned **

Hi! I'm a 26 and a mommy to 2 children (3 yr old girl and 18 month old boy) and I have 3 angel babies.
    I'm back TTC number 3. This would be my last child. Right now I'm not charting but just tracking my cycles and hoping for the best. I'm on CD18 and 2dpo.
    I'm slowly driving myself crazy noticing very little symptom but trying to remember it's a long road ttc. I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    Hi! I'm 32, DH is 35. We have a two year old son. We have been TTC since May 2015. I had an ectopic pregnancy in July and we had to take 3 months off after the meds they gave me for that. We have recently gotten serious about trying again. I look forward to the community and discussions that I am familiar with when I was active on the Dec 13 board. :)
  • Options
    Hi all! DH and I have been married six years and started  TTC at the first of the year for baby #1. We are both so excited, and I'm trying real hard not to get too anxious! 
  • Options
    Hi all! I am 33 and in the 8 months since stopping BC I've had only 2 complete cycles (each ~60 days) and am now on CD101!! :( I'm temping, tracking CF/CP, and doing OPK. I am not seeing any sign of ovulation so I'm POS every few days too. I would love to chat with other ladies in the same boat, but afraid to start a thread because I see other gals get reprimanded for starting the wrong topics... 
  • Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm 30 and DH is 33- married March 2015. He came home from a trip last month and had a deep convo with me about how much he wanted to start trying to have a family (we had originally planned on waiting until the fall because he's in grad school) so we removed all protection and here I am! I've had serious baby fever for a while so I'm very excited to be starting this process. I'm in my first cycle post-nuvaring and I'm not 100% sure I ovulated this month - had a really bad day of cramping with some sharp pains on one side on CD14 - but I had negative OPKs for 6 days before that so I'm a little confused. Just started temping and using FF 2 days ago so I'm hoping that will provide some clarity. Looking forward to lurking with all of you! :smile: 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've lurked a while (binge lurked off and on for more than a year, if I'm truly honest!). I might have posted once or twice before, I can't actually remember.  I was a knot addict in 2011/12 (mostly lurking) before we got married too, so this fits, I guess!

DH and I have been NTNP since I got off the BCP in October....with the new year we are starting to take things more seriously in terms of timing, vitamins, etc, so we'll see how it goes!

We live overseas from our families and are hoping to have a nice surprise to tell/show when we visit in the summer (preferably a visible bump, but even just an announcement with no belly showing would be nice...trying not to get my hopes up too much though!)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    JessC0924JessC0924 member
    edited January 2016
    **TW CP**

Hi Everyone,
    I've been lurking for a while but wanted to officially start participating.
    DH and I are starting our 8th cycle of TTC. Started in June, suffered a CP in September, and decided to start again 1 full cycle after the CP. We're both 28 and surrounded by an enormous baby boom- I think I know 14 people with due dates between March and May.
    I've been tracking using OPKs/cm, using Preseed when needed, and taking my vitamins. Trying to stay positive but admittedly feeling pretty disappointed that AF arrived Friday. Feeling grateful this community exists.
    :-)
    Me & DH 27
    Together since high school
    Married June 2012
    TTC after CP in September 2015
  • Options
    Hi there :) Me and my Hubby are trying to conceive baby #2. got my nexplanon out back in August after my sons second birthday. My doctor put me on 3 months of BCP to induce a period. After getting regular were hoping to sway for a baby girl to complete our little family :D 
  • Options
    Hello all!

I don't think I've posted an official intro here despite already dipping my toes into a few TWW threads. So here's my story (advanced warning, it's long!):

**TW: loss mentioned**

I'm Jess, 29 and a paediatric RN. DH is also 29, former paramedic now a GM (and future owner) of 9 Tim Horton's stores. 

Almost a year ago now, DH and I decided to start TTC (we'd been married 2 years). I went to my family MD for a check up, since I was overdue on my physical anyways, and to have my copper IUD removed. Towards the end of my physical, my doc felt my neck. And then he felt it again. He'd found a nodule on my thyroid, large enough to be felt and even seen if I tipped my head back. The IUD had to stay in place while I was worked up for thyroid cancer to ensure I didn't become pregnant in the event I needed radiation. 

Three ultrasounds and one extraordinarily uncomfortable biopsy later we had a non-answer - the nodule was suspicious for papillary carcinoma. I was referred to a surgeon and assessed (and re-ultrasounded) by an ENT oncologist who felt strongly that the nodule was benign, but that it was best to remove my thyroid completely just in case. Surgery was scheduled for May, two days after our anniversary). As an unfortunate side effect of surgery, I now have hypoparathyroidism which I'm still holding out hope will resolve, so I'm on massive doses of calcium on top of my thyroid med, vitamin D and prenatal.

At the beginning of June we got the pathology results that the nodule was still suspicious but likely benign - I was considered clear of cancer risk and had my IUD removed (I squeaked in a week before my MD retired). With great self restraint, DH and I used the dreaded condoms during my fertile period until we were given the all clear by my endocrinologist to start TTC once my TSH and T4 levels stabilized at the end of June.  

Six cycles of charting and well timed BDing later, we were pregnant. It was a rocky road from the start, I bled at least once a week from 4w but ultrasounds were progressing nicely despite concerning betas that were not doubling. Our little Pond left us at 7w, a complete natural miscarriage despite my best attempt to intervene and move things along with Cytotec. 

I've had two periods since my MC, though I'm not 100% certain I ovulated the first cycle and we have been trying since we got the all clear before my first period. We are both hearing that biological clock tick and can only cross our fingers and take every measure we can to maximize our chances of conceiving again soon. 

TL;DR - after a thyroid cancer scare, surgery and a MC at 7w we are once again TTC, anxious for our first little we can hold in our arms. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm 41 and been ttc for 3 years now, but started having hot flushes and other symptoms of hormonal disruption when I was 38. They started suddenly when my younger sister became pregnant, so I think stress was a factor, even though I was happy for her as it was something she had wanted for a while. I had some very upsetting blood results (high FSH and undetectable AMH) towards the end of last year. I found a clinic that offered me natural IVF, although being honest about the statistical chances, but my relationship has now completely fallen apart, so just regrouping now, and seeing what my next steps are.
  • Options
    Hi, I have been a member for a long time but haven't posted frequently in just over a year now. I still look around sometimes. I was here a lot more frequently while TTC my daughter. I have 3 kids ranging in ages from 2.5 years old to 20 years old. (I started fairly early) I have had losses but thankfully nothing recently.

About a year ago I decided to offer to be a surrogate for a relative and they accepted. (my husband is on board with it) The process hit a few snags along the way when their donor backed out (2 of them) but it seems that things are moving along now. I am excited to continue this journey with them but kind of nervous too. After this is successful (hopefully) we plan on talking about the possibility of trying for one last child together.