July 2016 Moms
Options

January Randoms

Re: January Randoms

• Options
    I finally updated my iPhone. This is so weird and fancy. I'm just glad it'll take better pictures for when baby is here!!
    Ps. My husband updated too and accidentally got a rose gold case, and I swear his face turned the same color as the pink phone when someone said something hahah. I told him it isn't a big deal at all... But he thinks the guys at work will make fun of him. They probably will. Poor thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry but I need to vent. So I got the results back from my blood test (I don't know the name of the test) a few weeks ago and found out I'm having a boy. The doctor said its 99 percent accurate, so to me that's more accurate then any ultrasound considering I know people who were told one thing and ended up being different. So I've been buying boy stuff and a lot of it. I am SO sick and tired of my Mom claiming that it's not a boy, the test is wrong and I'm going to regret buying all this and just wait till the ultrasound. And then she'll go on and on about how I'm going to need a C section because she had one and that hiring a doula is dumb and that's what she's for. It could be my hormones but I'm about to lose it with her. Rant over.
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 Sounds frustrating to me too. Will she be in the delivery room with you or is she assuming that? Sounds stressful. I only let DH in with me though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@Shelby00519 Sounds frustrating to me too. Will she be in the delivery room with you or is she assuming that? Sounds stressful. I only let DH in with me though.

I don't mind if she's there before baby comes but when I'm actually delivering it will just be H and doula. I haven't told her yet and I don't think I'm going too. I'm just going to have someone kick her out before hand
  • Options

I don't mind if she's there before baby comes but when I'm actually delivering it will just be H and doula. I haven't told her yet and I don't think I'm going too. I'm just going to have someone kick her out before hand
    Ummmmmm, totally up to you, but I'd reconsider this... You should prolly establish this boundary beforehand.
    Boundaries are a good thing. If she is stessing you out, dictating your decisions and being condescending to you and your pregnancy choices, she needs to learn her place now.
  • Options
    I know you ladies are right but I know she's going to go on the whole pity me and complain about my decision as soon as I tell her.
  • Options

I know you ladies are right but I know she's going to go on the whole pity me and complain about my decision as soon as I tell her.

She needs to put on her big girl panties and sit down like a lady.

This is not about her, but you and the baby. She had her time, when she had you (and any siblings ).
    Growing up is hard to do.
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 I think we have the same mom!! She's told me that it's going to be so difficult having 2u2 and I will have two babies and maybe we should consider selling our house and moving closer. Ugh!!! I didn't really plan this lady, chill. I kicked my mom out of the delivery room. I told her before hand I recommend that. It was just me and DH. I had a great nurse, but wouldn't have needed a Doula if I had an okay one. I had music in the delivery room and that's all I needed.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

The snoogle is amazing i woke up not in pain for the first time in idk how long! Hallelujah!

I think my snoogle is too thick. :( I prefer a flatter pillow for my head, I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad kink in my neck, threw the snoogle out of bed and haven't tried again since. :-/
  • Options
    I forget where we were talking about the pregnancy shows, but TLC has a new one starting February 2 called "Rattled."  Looks kinda interesting.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    marowan said:

The snoogle is amazing i woke up not in pain for the first time in idk how long! Hallelujah!

I think my snoogle is too thick. :( I prefer a flatter pillow for my head, I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad kink in my neck, threw the snoogle out of bed and haven't tried again since. :-/
    I think the head part of mine flattened out a bit and I've only had it for a few weeks. It might just need to be broken in a little bit. Maybe try laying with it to watch tv or something just to break it in and not kill your neck?

I'm actually worried that mine will get too flat eventually. I'm already worrying about how I'll fluff it up when the time comes.

• Options

marowan said:

I think the head part of mine flattened out a bit and I've only had it for a few weeks. It might just need to be broken in a little bit. Maybe try laying with it to watch tv or something just to break it in and not kill your neck?

I'm actually worried that mine will get too flat eventually. I'm already worrying about how I'll fluff it up when the time comes.

Wash and dry it. It makes it fluffy again.
  • Options

I forget where we were talking about the pregnancy shows, but TLC has a new one starting February 2 called "Rattled."  Looks kinda interesting.  

Oh my gosh. The Gardner quads are adorable. I don't get TLC but I follow them on IG
  • Options
    My FIL just sent us a generous amt of money to buy some things for the baby (this is the first grandchild), and I can't decide whether to splurge on something like a fancy stroller, or be smart and use it to buy all of the essentials and be done.

Anyone have any splurge-worthy items they've been eyeing??

@PugsandKisses - YES I didn't know maternity scrubs were a thing!! My pudge is gonna be so happy.
  • Options
    chanfachanfa member
    edited January 2016
    Random... (of course) but the mama mio tummy oil smells freaking awesome. I am over here smelling myself at work.

The End.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mnkenned said:

My FIL just sent us a generous amt of money to buy some things for the baby (this is the first grandchild), and I can't decide whether to splurge on something like a fancy stroller, or be smart and use it to buy all of the essentials and be done.

Anyone have any splurge-worthy items they've been eyeing??

@PugsandKisses - YES I didn't know maternity scrubs were a thing!! My pudge is gonna be so happy.

Id buy a big ticket item (I'm all about the new Gracco Admiral Modes Jogger Travel System). You're going to spend the money anyway buying essentials so go big or go home!
  • Options
    @CarrieandRoy ha been there about the toaster mine was the oven and couldn't figure out why my pizza wouldn't cook!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    DH has decided I need the tummy headphones with classical music for baby I'm seriously side eyeing him but for his sake has anyone else done this and didn't think it was a terrible waste of money?

• Options

DH has decided I need the tummy headphones with classical music for baby I'm seriously side eyeing him but for his sake has anyone else done this and didn't think it was a terrible waste of money?

Just play classical music loudly. At around 6 months. Baby's ears will have developed and he/she will hear it. And usually dance...
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 My friend just gave me her belly buds. She said when she was pregnant she was constantly playing the same album on the belly buds/for herself and then after her daughter was born that album would put her to sleep whenever she put it on. She swore it happened too consistently to be a fluke. 

• Options
    I'm taking my first bath since getting pregnant. Ah this is so nice why didn't I do this sooner?! Husband and dogs chillin in the other room watching tv and being quiet for once while I get some quiet, candle-lit, me time.
  • Options
    maddmama said:

I'm taking my first bath since getting pregnant. Ah this is so nice why didn't I do this sooner?! Husband and dogs chillin in the other room watching tv and being quiet for once while I get some quiet, candle-lit, me time.

Yes! Add in sparkling juice in a wine glass it's awesome!

• Options
    @BeachTigress you're right I'm sure the sound would amplify better in there too ;)

• Options
    I just drove 35 minutes to get a shackburger and a shake from shake shack. It was the best thing I've eaten in weeks!!!
  • Options
    I just drove 35 minutes to get a shackburger and a shake from shake shack. It was the best thing I've eaten in weeks!!!
    Yessss.... there is a Shake Shack on my way home from my OB appointments. Oh yeah.
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 oh good idea ... That would be amazing.
  • Options
    They are building a shake shack in mn!

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989  have you ever had a shake shack before or will it be brand new to you?  Everything there is absolutely amazing!!!!
    @givemepenguinss you are so lucky!  I don't have any reason to head in the direction of our closest shake shack.
  • Options
    Oh, I love Shake Shack! When I was in NY for training a few years ago we ate there 4 times! It was amazing!
    Me: 33  DH: 31
    Married: 8/9/2010
    3 Furbabies - Kumo, Mal, and Lynx!
    Started TTC August 2014
    BFP #1 - 12/16/14 EDD 8/22/15 - MMC and D&C 1/23/15
    BFP #2 - 7/10/15 EDD 3/20/16- chemical pregnancy, ended 7/16/15
    BFP #3 - 11/12/15 EDD 7/21/16 - wishing and hoping for a sticky little bean!

July'16 BMB May Siggy Challenge - Star Wars:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I have an overpacking problem. I am going to be gone for 7 days and my suitcase is already almost at max weight dammit!!
  • Options
    Damn you all that have access to a Shake Shack!! Their milkshakes are amazing.