June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    Oh yes! @fishwife799- congrats on team
    blue!!!
  • Options
    Totally understand people asking how I feel getting old. I also seem to get a lot of " How's baby doing?" .....I never really know what to say. He's kicking and growing so I hope and pray that means he's doing just fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations @fishwife799! So fun. I got to see our little fella yesterday too. He was moving and wiggling. It seems like they already have their little personality. 

@WinniethePoohsPants I was up 21 pounds at my 21 week appointment. The doctor said that's when you sort of jump. I feel like I continue to jump. I'm constantly hungry when the baby is going through growth spurs. But as long as the baby is healthy, I'll be happy. 

• Options
    @fishwife799 congratulations!! Yay Team blue!
  • Options
    @fishwife799 - Congrats!

@ahernandez16- I am the same. I usually say "hopefully great but honestly I'm not sure".
  • Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited February 2016
    @parsonsperson and @mamanicoleof3 Word. I can't say how I really feel Bc the same people/ barely known coworkers are the ones that ask me over and over and over Bc they didn't like the truth the first time I said this racket stinks.

It's like do you really think my answers changed?! So now I just smile big and say 'Grrrrrreeat!' complete with a Tony the Tiger arm swing while my insides shout: 

• Options
    In a weird, horrible way, I'm sort of grateful to be heavy because no one has dared to comment on my body since I announced my pregnancy. That may change as I get more pregnant but I guess for now I'm benefiting from a culture of politeness. I'm so very sorry and angry that so many of you have had to deal with the uncalled for scrutiny.
  • Options
    March is less than a week away, is someone going to organize another suggestion poll for a March Siggy Contest? I think @NicknShan organized the Feb Siggy challenge, are you up to doing it again?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    March is less than a week away, is someone going to organize another suggestion poll for a March Siggy Contest? I think @NicknShan organized the Feb Siggy challenge, are you up to doing it again?
    I still don't know how to do a signature properly.  My H would be ashamed of me (he is a software architect).  Is there an easy tutorial on here?  I feel like I searched for it once but if someone has a way of explaining it simply I would appreciate it.  
  • Options
    mkemommy said:
    I still don't know how to do a signature properly.  My H would be ashamed of me (he is a software architect).  Is there an easy tutorial on here?  I feel like I searched for it once but if someone has a way of explaining it simply I would appreciate it.  
    I am with you on this one, but my best guess is that it is all HTML coding that you add to the signature line...I think I came across something yesterday when i was on the website from my PC not the app....maybe under account options???
  • Options
    mkemommy ME TOO!! I can't even figure out how to change my profile picture thing either though :neutral: 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We told our daughter last night. I had a boy sleeper and wrapped it up for her. I explained what was happening and recorfed her her opening planning to post it to fb later to announce the sex. You guys, you could literally see the realization hit her when she said boy outfit and her face changed.  Then she dropped her head and started crying! She got up to run to her room and I stopped it to grab her. She cried for 10 min :( 
    Oh nooooo!! How sad! 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    @fishwife799 Oh no!  Poor thing!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mkemommy said:
    I am with you on this one, but my best guess is that it is all HTML coding that you add to the signature line...I think I came across something yesterday when i was on the website from my PC not the app....maybe under account options???
    Well as you can see I tried to add my ticker and that didn't work so awesome....back to the drawing board.  Also what about changing the name?  Mine sucks....
  • Options
    kjo79 said:
    At my last appointment (22 weeks) I was at 26 pounds. It was a ten pound jump from my 18 week. My doctor wasn't concerned and that really surprised me. I thought for sure he was gonna lecture me.  I've also heard everyone has one month where it's like BAM! I do seem to have slowed down quite a bit this month. I was hoping to keep my total gain around 35, but that not gonna happen. 
    I'm so glad to see I'm not alone with this. I gained 11 lbs between weeks 21 and 25. I have already been feeling bad because I had 3 people ask me on Monday how much longer I have to go. Then at my appointment I got lectured by my OB about gaining too much and needing to make healthy choices. What really bothers me is that I do make healthy choices and my diet/exercise has not changed at all this whole pregnancy. After she said that I got super worried and I actually logged into my fitness pal for the first time in 6 months and logged my typical breakfast, lunch, and snacks (all of which I pack to bring to work and is always basically the same every day and consists of fruit, veggie, yogurt, some type of whole grain and a protein bar). I didn't include dinner or after dinner snack but my total calories was 560. I don't think that's bad at all considering my "maintenance" goal is 1400. That leaves me 840 calories left for dinner and after dinner snack. 
  • Options
    All better now...it is kind of weird that it goes back and updates all my posts.  Good Luck @mkemommy
  • Options
    For some crazy reason I can't see anyone's tickers or siggy's anymore. That's why I didn't participate in the challenge this month. I'm desktop too. Not sure what's going on.
  • Options
    @knottie33447115 I think to change your name you have to contact customer support or something.  And I think they will only let you do it once.  At least that's what I had to do years ago when I joined.  

@fishwife799, if I end up having a boy, I think my daughter will have the same reaction.  She refers to the baby as her baby sister.  
    Your daughters reaction was a sad cute though.  I hope she gets more excited about it.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    @fishwife799 Hugs. That sounds tough. I hope you got/kept the sad reaction video though. It'll be fun to look at later when she having a ball with her little brother. It's ok that she's sad for a bit and it sounds very promising that she got excited to tell the cousins. Maybe your LO was flashing the US to make sure big sis had time to adjust before he got here. :)
  • Options
    NicknShan said:
    TO UPDATE YOUR SIGGY!!!

1. Find the picture you want to put into your siggy.  For example, for Valentine's Day Pinterest Fails, simple put what you want into the Google search engine, and then click images.  So many options!  Right click on the image you like and "Copy image address".

2.  Back here on The Bump, click on the icon of the little guy located in the top right of the page (near your notifications).  If you hover over it, it should say "Account Options".

3. Click on "Preferences".

4. Click on "Signature Settings" located under your icon on the left hand side.

5. Click in the text box, moving the cursor to where the photo will be located.

6. Click the image icon (it looks like a sun over a mountain) and paste the image URL that you copied in google by right clicking in the box and selecting "Paste" or simply hit CTRL+V on your keyboard.  The image should load immediate in the Signature Box.

7. Click save!

No need to test it out.  If it worked, all of you old posts should have the signature updated.  Good luck!

And head on over to the siggy challenge discussion to share ideas for what you want for us in March :smile: 

You're Awesome!  Lifesaver  <3

@PBear93 Thanks for the info...I guess I can live with the generic name...not that big of a deal compared to the work involved to fix it.
  • Options
    NicknShan said:
    TO UPDATE YOUR SIGGY!!!

1. Find the picture you want to put into your siggy.  For example, for Valentine's Day Pinterest Fails, simple put what you want into the Google search engine, and then click images.  So many options!  Right click on the image you like and "Copy image address".

2.  Back here on The Bump, click on the icon of the little guy located in the top right of the page (near your notifications).  If you hover over it, it should say "Account Options".

3. Click on "Preferences".

4. Click on "Signature Settings" located under your icon on the left hand side.

5. Click in the text box, moving the cursor to where the photo will be located.

6. Click the image icon (it looks like a sun over a mountain) and paste the image URL that you copied in google by right clicking in the box and selecting "Paste" or simply hit CTRL+V on your keyboard.  The image should load immediate in the Signature Box.

7. Click save!

No need to test it out.  If it worked, all of you old posts should have the signature updated.  Good luck!

And head on over to the siggy challenge discussion to share ideas for what you want for us in March :smile: 

I think even I can follow these directions!  Thank you @nicknshan
  • Options
    I am so irritated right now.  I went to get a decaf coffee before work today.  Something I've done a few times in the past couple weeks because I've been missing coffee so much.  I'm pretty sure they gave me caffeine today.  I feel shaky and have a buzzy headache.  I have had a little chocolate here and there, but I had stopped drinking caffeine in July when I decided to get pregnant.  I just hope it didn't hurt my little boy.  I'm so mad at myself right now.
  • Options
    @fishwife799- SAME thing happened with our daughter. We have the video and it's funny, yet sad :)
  • Options
    @Emztron500 Yes, I know.  I guess I'm just more worried since I haven't had any and then all of a sudden introduce it that it could be problematic.  I know about the 200 mg.  I just made the personal decision not to drink any.
  • Options
    amangels2 said:
    @Emztron500 Yes, I know.  I guess I'm just more worried since I haven't had any and then all of a sudden introduce it that it could be problematic.  I know about the 200 mg.  I just made the personal decision not to drink any.
    That's fair, just trying to put your mind at ease! I certainly wouldn't worry. Sorry someone dosed you with caffeine :P it can be a bit of a shock after being off of it for a while.
  • Options
    @Knottie33447115 log into theknot.com using your thebump.com log in, click "my account" and you SHOULD be able to change it there. I'm pretty sure that's how I changed mine.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Emztron500 Thanks! :smile:   It was quite a shock to the system lol. But I am starting to feel better.  The headache is gone.  And I do really appreciate you putting my mind at ease.  
  • Options
    MsBeachNJ said:
    Just need to celebrate for a few minutes here, my in laws just confirmed to DH that they would watch our little one as much or as little as we needed/wanted for free (he offered to pay them) for as long as we need... said they were happy to do 5 days a week if I can't get a day a week from home... they are looking forward to it. Holy relief of knowing that my baby will be watched by loving family and $1200/month savings from day care... I feel so EXTREMELY GRATEFUL I could cry.

sweet deal!
  • Options
    @Knottie33447115 log into theknot.com using your thebump.com log in, click "my account" and you SHOULD be able to change it there. I'm pretty sure that's how I changed mine.
    Thanks for the info...that worked perfectly!
  • Options
    @msbeachNJ that's awesome! I'm also really lucky that my mom has offered to do the same. Although H's and my schedules are polar opposites so we should only need her 1 (maybe 2) full days a week and maybe an hour or 2 a few days when he goes in at 4 and I get off at 5. She'd be happy to have him 5 days a week, full time and is a little bummed that won't be the situation - right now at least.

It's such a huge weight off of your shoulders to not have to worry about childcare costs.
  • Options
    @ahernandez16 hoorah for supportive grandparents!! Sounds like you've got a great situation worked out as well!! My DH was sure they'd want to watch the baby but we had never talked about it with them and I felt like it was a huge ask, luckily my FIL brought it up to DH today before he could even ask! Perhaps now I'll get some sleep & not wake up crunching #s in my head about how we'll never afford to buy a house with all these expenses! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"