June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    @CourtJack yeah, no. Oranges will not work with that recipe! That sounds like something my H would do  and also reminds me of the movie the breakup. 
    I love that movie. 

My H would totally do that and then when I complained he'd say, "well you eat orange chicken...." Not the same thing, man. 

Yep - H said something similar - "Chicken and orange go together". Yep but I don't like orange-flavor in my cooking (or in my chocolate, but that's a different matter). MEN! I am laughing now at how mad I actually got. It was a little over the top. haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 - love the pictures!! I'm sorry she'll need to be apart from you on her *almost* first night, but I'm so glad you're keeping a positive attitude!! You're a great mama :)
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 Cute pictures!  That's a lot of news.  So glad you are being monitored so closely.  <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 sounds like mostly good news although obviously the increased risk is nerve-wracking! Sounds like you're in good hands though. I'm amazed you were able to recognize her foot on your own at the a/s. You've got good mama-eyes
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 she's adorable!! I love your positivity! 
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 sounds like mostly good news although obviously the increased risk is nerve-wracking! Sounds like you're in good hands though. I'm amazed you were able to recognize her foot on your own at the a/s. You've got good mama-eyes
    Haha well I do not know why they like to see things in 4D bc this picture is almost impossible to figure out. The tech had to explain in 4 or 5 different times before I could see it. It's much more obvious in 2D! I just don't have a pic of that. 
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm currently stuck at my parents' house (a 5 hour drive from home) waiting for some expensive repairs on my car so DD and I can get home safely. I miss my husband to an unreasonable degree. It's been nice staying with my parents and helping out after Mum's surgery but I am so ready to be home :(

And I'm grumpy about paying for these car repairs...I feel like I'm broke all of the sudden. I need to get back to work!

I'm going to go stress eat all of the Doritos.
  • Options

@VikingGirl12 I <3 her! Thanks for sharing those pics. You seriously are awesome. Cannot wait to "meet" this lucky little lady!

But yikes 2 NSTs/week? That's a lot! I guess the plus is you get to keep a keen eye on her!

• Options
    I'm currently stuck at my parents' house (a 5 hour drive from home) waiting for some expensive repairs on my car so DD and I can get home safely. I miss my husband to an unreasonable degree. It's been nice staying with my parents and helping out after Mum's surgery but I am so ready to be home :(

And I'm grumpy about paying for these car repairs...I feel like I'm broke all of the sudden. I need to get back to work!

I'm going to go stress eat all of the Doritos.
    Unexpected car repairs suck.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @vikinggirl12  I think your little girl is very lucky to have you.

I also really REALLY want tator tots right now.  But not the kind you make at home because they never come out crispy enough.  I really want to go to a McMeniman's because they have the best cajun tots ever.  Hmmmm...I wonder if they do take out?
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 Beautiful girl! You're right about the 4D, I am not an US expert at all!
  • Options
    Holy crap!  I missed the daily thread today and am just getting caught up on this one.  Last few days have been stressful with home/bathroom remodel stuff.  And I think I either got accidentally glutened today (I have celiac) because my stomach is cramping like no ones business.  I assume it is celiac but of course now I think everything could be pregnancy related too...I assume Braxton Hicks don't hurt when they happen (like hurt enough to be crouched over hurt)?
  • Options
    @mkemommy My friend has Celiac and gets SOOOO mad when she is accidentally glutened!  I'm so sorry, I know how painful that can be!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @Lilwatz - I hate getting glutened because I'm so damn careful all the time at our cafeteria for lunch.  And then being partially hunched over at work (I would fully hunch over but the belly is now in the way...lol) from cramps is no fun either. Pregnancy constipation + huge extended belly + celiac cramps = hell.
  • Options
    I have a quick question.  I'll probably bring it up at my ob appointment on Thursday but I'm curious what you all are doing.  My mom asked me over the weekend if I've been drinking a lot of milk for the baby.  Milk is not something I really enjoy, so I have not.  But are you?  Is milk something I should be drinking more of for the health of my baby?
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 What an adorable little profile of your baby girl.  So cute!  And I'm always amazed that the U/S techs can figure out what they're seeing,  both in 3d and 2d.  My scans just look like a blobby mess to me.

So glad you got some good news.   Lots of monitoring at the end won't be fun, but at least the doctors are looking out for her!
  • Options

@VikingGirl12 LOVE her little profile! So sweet. I'm glad your scan went well and you had mostly good news!

• Options
    amangels2 said:
    I have a quick question.  I'll probably bring it up at my ob appointment on Thursday but I'm curious what you all are doing.  My mom asked me over the weekend if I've been drinking a lot of milk for the baby.  Milk is not something I really enjoy, so I have not.  But are you?  Is milk something I should be drinking more of for the health of my baby?
    Ha! I don't drink milk. I just eat lots of cheese and yogurt ;)
  • Options
    amangels2 I don't drink milk at all and my DR never mentioned anything about needing to. At 10 weeks my bloodwork came back with low Vitamin D so I've just been taking that daily and my DR said I would just need to continue to take it even after baby
  • Options
    Yes, I take vitamin D everyday as well, as recommended by my fertility doctor.  Thank you guys!
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 Glad you had a good appointment & that the fluid in her kidneys has gone away! Sorry to hear about the increased risk but its good that your doctors are on top of it!!! Adorable pic! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @vikinggirl12  If ice cream counts then I should be fine lol.  Or cheese....I seem to eat a lot of cheese.
  • Options
    What a pretty girl @VikingGirl12
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    She's just perfect @VikingGirl12 <3 That made my day! 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 she is adorable. I love little profile pictures of babies! So sweet!
  • Options
    Also, is my OB the only one who does the GD test later? I won't have mine until 28/29 weeks...
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12: She's a beauty!

@mkemommy: Ugh, sorry you got sneak-glutened. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    sdnybrk said:
    Also, is my OB the only one who does the GD test later? I won't have mine until 28/29 weeks...
    I asked my ob today. I will have mine at 28 weeks. 
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 Thanks for sharing the photos!

@sdnybrk My midwife does them around week 28 too.
  • Options
    @catherinekate, @mamanicoleof3, and @fishwife799 thanks for the ideas.  I'll get looking on Pinterest.  

@parsonsperson, we had Raising Caned in Ohio and I miss them.  I think they are a lot better than placed like KFC.  

@vikinggirl12 sorry you are going to have to have so many stress tests, and for the reason, but so glad there is nothing else wrong.  

@emztron500 soory you are stuck.  Car repairs are the worst!

@amangels2 I can't drink milk but am taking two calcium supplements a day to give LO extra calcium.  

@sdnybrk I won't be having mine until about 27 weeks.  The way my appointments lined up my last one was right before 24 weeks and the office won't do it until 24-28 weeks.  

Wow, getting caught up on the weekend is hard.  
    I made tater tot hot dish last night, and ***hides*** I didn't really like it--and that was so disappointing because after reading about it all week I was SOOOO looking forward to it.  I am going to try the crispy lemon chicken this weekend and am hoping I will like it better.   
    I also made banana pudding yesterday, and that was as amazing as I wanted it to be.  
    And now I'm sitting in my car eating cold pizza while my daughter naps, because if I try to get her out of the cat she will wake up--and I want the time to myself, plus she needs the sleep.  

*vent*
    I I was talking to my mom over the weekend (she lives about an 8 hour drive from us) and she was talking about getting a trundle bed for my daughters room in her house (don't get me started--we visit maybe once a year for a few days) and I told her she didn't need to get anything fancy and she said that when she's older she wants my kids to spend a few weeks there every summer.   Umm, HELL no!!!  They eat out almost every meal, she doesn't respect my patenting choices (last time she was here she grabbed my daughters arm and smacked it because she was trying to look at the Christmas cookies on the table while I was RIGHT there), and she can barely walk or stand up for long periods of time.   I don't trust her to be alone with my daughter while I am home at my house with them, I'm not going to send them to your house for a few weeks.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    fishwife799fishwife799 member
    edited February 2016
    @VikingGirl12 she is so precious and so lucky to have such an amazing momma. Your outlook and positivity truly amaze me. I'm glad the appointment was mostly good news.  

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    @sdnybrk I am having mine early 26+5 only because I have to be tested for RH antibodies and get the shot a few days later. I think my OB usually does it at 28.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well, that settles it. I am going to Raising Cane's tomorrow to try the sauce of the gods, and I will update with my opinion. I am unreasonably excited. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    totsaboundingtotsabounding member
    edited February 2016
    @PBear93 who smacks a kid for looking at cookies?! Sheesh. I can see why you'd be against sending your kids there without you.

edited to add: Also, with regards to your eating in the car while your little one naps--I would love to see it logged somewhere how much time I have spent snacking/reading while parked in my car as my daughter naps. Totally counts as "me time!"  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mkemommy sorry to hear about getting glutened, as a fellow celiac-er I feel your pain.  

@VikingGirl12 love the pictures!  Agreed with everyone else, your attitude toward everything going on is amazing! 

@amangels2 my doctor had a thing in the packet I got at my first appointment about getting more calcium in your diet but they haven't mentioned anything at my appointments.  I've been drinking chocolate milk and eating cheese sticks to get my calcium in since I'm not a fan of plain milk either. 
  • Options
    @PBear93 if I didn't know better, I'd say your mom is my mil! They think that when DD is born, they are taking my toddlers 6 hours away for a couple of weeks "so we can get used to a new baby". Yeah nope. She needs to get used to the noise of two brothers. They also think I'll let them go spend summers up there. Hell no. 

Also, I've logged many nap/drive/park/eat quietly hours. Should be a support group for it lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"