Infertility
Options

October/November IVF

Re: October/November IVF

• Options
    smitty18smitty18 member
    edited October 2015
    So annoying! I just typed a looooooonnnnng message to many of you and I hit save and it went blank. I will try it again tomorrow
  • Options
    @piperella that's too funny! It's crazy what our minds can do!

@Joyzie77 baby aspirin is part of my routine too. Not yet.. Not sure when... Am but it's sitting in my medicine basket at home; it was part of my order.
    Excited for you to start again! I know it seems like forever, but somehow it goes quick! Will be thinking about you!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 That's great you're back on track! Waiting is the worst, now that you have stuff to start it will go faster!

@Piperella that's hilarious! Surprisingly I haven't had any dreams about this stuff!

Went for my baseline appointment this morning, all set to start stims tomorrow night. Had 3 follicles on the left and 11 on the right which I assume is pretty great since I'm on lupron and that's supposed to be "calmjng" the system. The US tech said my right ovary might be my "money maker." Hahaha
  • Options
    I went to the doctors today. Today there are only 6 good follicles. 1 at 15, 1 at 12, 2 at 10 and 2 around 9.
    Then there are 15 small ones growing, but they aren't mature yet. So hopefully some of hair play catch up. Got my ganirelix with me today, since I have a 15, I may need to start adding it to my routine to prevent ovulation.
    ER will be early next week.. EEK!

@halips welcome! This forum is amazing, so many supportive ladies here!
    We will be in the 2WW togehter-- our cycles are close!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    Welcome @shaylatrice and @halips! Happy to have you both, and best of luck to you on this journey.  One thing I've learned is that everyone's story is unique, from treatments, to diagnoses, to attitude about it all.

@piperella - i've been having crazy dreams too! I woke up one morning crying, but I couldn't remember my dream to know why. Clearly it stressed me out or made me upset! Also, once I started my injectables my nurse said I needed to stick close to home. I had to cancel 2 business trips even though they were literally 24 hour in and outs. Just make this procedure the priority.  They'll always be another conference next year :)

@joyzie77 good luck with the new cycle! They say medicine is an art, and I think that many of us have experienced canceled things due to the incorrect doses of medications. I know my second IUI cycle got postponed because one of the meds they decreased was way to low to be effective. Thinking of you!

@erinscaren - i'm very happy for you! Those are great numbers!

@amos1417 I'm so sorry for what you are going through.  I hope each day gets better for you! I'm still super bloated from Sunday, and have to unbutton my pants at work!

Update: I had my 3 day check on my 8 embryos yesterday, and all 8 are thriving! My ET is Friday at 10:30. I'm doing 2 i decided! So nervous. The doctor said he won't be doing a four day check (today) because they are doing so well. He wants to let them continue to incubate without being bothered, which I appreciate. I'm very anxious that they will still be doing well on Friday. I am planning on freezing the remaining so we can hopefully try again if this time doesn't work.

I was put on doxcycline as a preventative measure, and it is giving me a weird allergic reaction - my upper lip is puffy and hurts. Anyone else have an antibiotic in their protocol? any weird experiences?
  • Options
    I am super excited that we have 15 thriving embryos at the day 3 check!! Thanks @smitty18, I am feeling better with every day that passes! :) When they called to give me the 3 day update, I begged for a transfer on Saturday! LOL. She still said no. Bummer! Oh well, hopefully the wait for AF doesn't drag too much. Good luck ladies!! I'm rooting for you all!
  • Options
    @smitty18 Please call and tell them you are having lip swelling! And don't take another one until you talk to them! They will likely need to switch you to something else, sounds like you are allergic to doxy! I am taking doxy now for 10 days (3 pills left) and then starting the day of the ER I take it again for 4 more days. Also, super happy about your 8 great embabies!

@halips Welcome! This is a great group, I think you will find the support you need here! I hope you are feeling well! I will be right around you as far as estimated ER!

@Colleen0516 I've got my FX for you that the rest of those little guys catch up!

@ShayLatrice Any news on if you're getting close?
  • Options
    @smitty18 we are almost on the same page! I also got a call today saying that the 8 eggs that fertilized are still doing well! I am taking doxy as well but I haven't had an allergic reaction I just have a lot of heart burn not sure what it's from. My ET is Saturday so you are one day ahead of me! fx for all of us!
    DH- 31 me 32
    Started IVF  mid Oct  - ET 10/31
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    @smitty18 Doxy will cause that. It causes bad pill esophagitis so make sure you take it with a full glass of water and stay upright for an hour afterward! I'm a physician assistant who knows nothing about fertility meds, but antibiotics I do know! Lol!
  • Options
    @Colleen0516  -thank you! excited to have someone on a similar timeline! 

@smitty18  -thank you!

@erinscaren  -thank you! I'm doing well so far, hope you are too!
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    erinscaren I got  my updated FET calendar yesterday, it looks like because of the Thanksgiving holiday my FET got pushed an additional week so it is scheduled for Dec 3rd. I'm just counting down the days!

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    Hello ladies. I'm scheduled for FET on 11/18. I've been doing Lupron shots sinev 10/19 and started estrace and aspirin today along with my Lupron (dosage has been lowered tho). I should be starting progesterone after 11/11 sometime. I am so excited and praying that this time works out for us.
  • Options
    *children mentioned*

I realized I didn't introduce myself in my earlier post. Sorry! I'm 42 and DH is 32. We have been ttc for 5 years now. I have 2 boys from a previous relationship. He has none. We fall under unknown infertility issues. We have attempted IVF live transfer two other times in the last 2 years with no success. This will be our 3rd and final attempt. We changed it up a bit this cycle and opted for a frozen transfer as well as had PGS testing done so we know what sex we are getting transferred.

Good luck to everyone! I know I am anxiously praying that this time will be it!
  • Options
    @erinscaren thanks so much. I'm in the health industry too, so I appreciate your "insider knowledge" :) This RE stuff is way out of my element, however!

My RE ended up taking me off the doxy all together, but also took me off the Dostinex- this is the med he prescribed as my estrogen levels were high and I was bordering OHSS. He said both have been in my system long enough that I should be just fine... still makes me nervous! But I look at it like this: my body shouldn't be having any sort of allergic response when I'm putting embryos inside me tomorrow. I want my system as calm and stable as possible, so that allergic response doesn't carry over to those little embryos! 

@viallcis811 WAY TO GO on 8! That is really good news!  I was definitely expecting my numbers to gradually decline, but am so glad there are so many embryos still kicking! Keep me posted on your ET!!! fx for everyone!

@amos1417 15! holy cow! You go girl! Sorry you have to wait, but research has shown the rate of pregnancies are the same frozen vs live, and some even say frozen is better!  It's better to wait then to have your body reject a perfectly good embryo, so count the break as a blessing.

PS isn't it weird to think that your potential future babies are just chilling in a petry dish right now?
  • Options
    @halips @aashly101welome to the group! 

@colleen0516 @halips we are cycle buddies—I started stimming 10/25. We'll be in the 2WW together. Everyone has great size follicles! WOOOHOOO. 

@smitty18  Glad your embryos are doing well! FX for a sticky bean or two!

@amos1417 Sorry you can't do the transfer this month, but the frozen will be successful.

@shaylatrice YAY! you have your schedule. 

I have to start my ganirelix shot tonight and it's only stim day 5. After my appointment yesterday, my RE asked me to lower my Follistim dosage. I guess my follies are growing too fast. I think DH is nervous that he has to give me another shot. He feels so bad for hurting me, but he is doing a great job. So far only one small bruise and that was on the first night. I have my next appointment tomorrow morning. 
  • Options
    @Rachd110  Thank you! Nice to have another on a similar schedule. I just found out that I will be starting my ganirelix shots tomorrow. I've never been this far in the process so it's slightly nerve wracking. I <3 hearing about supportive DH's that give shots! Good luck!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options

Well yall, I had my first big setback in the IVF process.  Kinda similar to you @amos1417 but a little different I guess.  Today is day 13 of my stims and planning to ER in 2 days.  My progesterone has been going up yesterday and today, which is way too early, it shouldn't be going up until the luteal phase (after ovulation or retrieval) so today they told  me they will still do the ER but they can't do the fresh transfer.  Apparently when the progesterone is too high it makes it much harder for an embryo to implant.  So after my retrieval they will still fertilize the eggs and then freeze them after 5 days.  I will wait a couple weeks for my period, start birth control for a couple weeks, and start the process over again in Dec/Jan.  Boo.  The good news is that I do have a bunch of great follicles, which I was worried about because of my DOR.  Today they saw 15 between 15 and 21 mm, so hopefully there are plenty of good eggs in there too!  Hope everyone else is doing okay in their stims and waits!!

• Options
    That's great that you have a bunch of good follicles @claire1884! It's a bummer about the fresh transfer, but with the hormones so high, it really is better to wait. Good luck with the retrieval!
  • Options
    @Drumski 8 fertilized is great! Fx!

@claire1884 the set back sucks, but that's an excellent number of good follicles! 
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    Whoever suggested adult coloring books- THANK YOU! OMG!! So relaxing and I lost track of time, which is a success for me since I have such a short attention span. This will help the next week speed by as we wait to meet our new RE. :D

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @claire1884 sorry about your cancelled fresh transfer. Some studies show that FET's have just as good or even better success rates. 

I had my second scan today. 38 Follies...25 on the right and 13 on the left. The largest is 13mm. I didn't think I was going to respond this well to the medication. I wonder what this means for the ER? Will I be in more pain? Increased chance for OHSS? I don't know my E2 levels yet. 
  • Options
    @drumski Congrats on a great retrieval and 8 fertilized? Awesome!

@Aashly101 Welcome! I hope you have great success and this is the magic cycle for you!

@claire1884 Sorry to hear you are delayed. I am soooo impatient and I know I'd be so frustrated, but if there is a higher chance of success by waiting, then that's definitely the right thing to do! What's another month, right?

@Rachd110 Those are great numbers! I was reading about OHSS yesterday at work and it basically said you never know until you do the hcg trigger. Thats always the inciting factor. So try not to worry about it. Severe cases are so rare anyway.

Getting psyched about starting stims today! My instructions are to do the meds between 4-8pm but I assume you should do them same time everyday? Starting Gonal -f tonight and menopur monday.
  • Options
    @erinscaren yes, same time everyday. 

• Options
    So my E2 is at 1250. With 38 follies and lots maturing, my clinic wants me to trigger with Lupron instead of ovidrel. They are also putting me on Estrace. Anyone else on Estrace? Do you know what it's for?
  • Options
    Time to catch up with a long post...

@joyzie77 - I'm so happy you're back on track. Did your RE put you on baby aspirin or is that something you take on your own accord? I've seen it on some people's charts and didn't know if that was doctor recommended or not.

@erinscaren - I don't have too many IF dreams, so hopefully I won't have many others.  I rather dream of fluffly clouds, cotton candy, and unicorns.

@halips - Welcome! 11/11 will be here soon!

@colleen0516 - Hopefully your little follicles pick up the pace!  Don't they know they have a retrieval happening soon?!? 

@smitty18 - Ty for the info on trips.  I agree.. there will always be another conference (actually have one at WDW in March.. I totally don't mind being pregnant at Disney!)  Hoping your ET went well today!  Did your RE give you a choice of 1, 2 or 3?   I'm glad you were able to come off all the meds.. defintely gave your body a little time off before your FET. 

@amos1417 - So excited about all those embryos of yours!  That's terrific!

@Drumsski - 8 fertilized!!!  Hope they keep growing for you!

@shaylatrice - I guess the silver lining is that you can really enjoy Black Friday?  You need to do like a paper chain countdown... I love doing them for exciting events!

@Aashly101  Welcome to the thread and fx for your upcoming transfer!  How many are you transferring? 

@Rachd110 - I haven't started shots yet, so it's great you have a supportive husband who is becoming a pro at it! You are so close to my dream of 46 follies...  Sounds like you're doing great on the meds!

@claire1884 - I'm sorry for the setback but at least it will give your body time to relax and heal before doing the transfer.  Sounds like you have lots of great follicles popping up!
  • Options
    So was in the middle of carving pumpkins with DH tonight and it was time to do my first Gonal-F, so I go do it real quick and all goes fine until I go to throw the needle in the sharps container and stab my finger with the bottom of the needle and it starts bleeding all over. But I was able to clot real quick and finish my pumpkin! #IVFfail lol!
  • Options
    @Piperella ... Since the last IVF didn't work the doc wants me to try the baby aspirin daily to potentially help implantation. I didn't do it last cycle.
  • Options
    villacis811villacis811 member
    edited October 2015
    @erinscaren OH no!!!! practice makes perfect! One day down only a few more to go! Your ER will be here before you know it. 

@Rachd110 I am started taking Estrace after my ER. When I looked it up it says it helps with the hot flashes. I also triggered with Lupron it wasnt too bad. 

@twomommiestobe I was going to go buy a puzzle to keep me distracted but I think you sold me on the adult coloring book.  

@claire1884 set backs are never anything anyone wants to hear but your news was followed by good news.  I know its 
    not always easy but try to remain positive. Hopefully waiting a little longer will improve your chances next month. 

@smitty18- How are you feeling? The countdown now begins!

@picare88 how are you feeling? Have you been able to keep yourself busy? 
    DH- 31 me 32
    Started IVF  mid Oct  - ET 10/31
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    Thanks @Navarro1126 I am so excited to be joining a thread again.. listening to everyone's experiences certainly gives me great insight. The only thing is, it is at the beginning of school term starting. ...eek. lol ^#(^ but hey.. great timing is never a factor with the fertility subject!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed @picare88 sending loads of great positivity xx :bz
  • Options
    Hi @smitty18 how are you feeling now post transfer? I suppose rest for the racing mind is what will be difficult for me. I will need to find something like painting to get my mind off the over thinking! @Navarro1126 I intend finding meditation music as per your suggestions thank you darl! \:D/
  • Options
    Ps I forgot to say, we have had 3 iui attempts, I am 39 and DH 42. This is our first IVF attempt :D
  • Options
    @Rachd110 how are you holding up? @Carlaisy - I'm ok. Not as good as I'd like to be but working hard to change my feelings and be positive. Yesterday was kind of rough! @villacis811 its weird as another member of our board posted this earlier and now I totally understand what she means. As the day went on yesterday, it became a bit overwhelming thinking of all I'd been through to get to that point. Here's what happened: ET is complete! A long road af injections and generally feeling tired and headachy- now we see! I have to say I had a rather weird post ET experience. I drank as much water as they asked me to, and then some, and my bladder was not getting as full as they needed it to be. My ET was delayed 2 hours because of this and what's really weird is that I drank so much water to hurry the bladder filling(Doctor directed) during that two hour window that I swear I got a little bit of water intoxicaction. I felt like crap afterward and had to lay down which of course made me so nervous as the all important packages were inside me floating around!! I could really use some reassurance that this feeling poorly won't harm my embryos! I am kind of devastated about this because I know how important being calm and relaxed is- any positive words would be a great comfort right now. Also my doctor told me one of the 8 stopped growing on day 3 and I only had 2 ready to transfer. We will have to see how the remaining 5 do overnight. Trying not to be negative but I had been hoping I'd at least have enough to freeze to go again if we had to. Doctors says I might have 1 or 2 but it's too soon to tell :(. Why does this have to be such an emotional roller coaster?? Working on being positive.
  • Options
    ***bfp mentioned***

@smitty18 I'm sorry you had a difficult tx day. My ET day was the most stressful day of my entire fertility process from start to finish. I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off, was late, forgot and peed right before, and ended up not having time to eat at all that day till well after my 2:00 transfer which happened at 3:30 Bc of the peeing! I was a wreck and a hot hot mess and DH treated me like I was glass encased fissile material.... I was certain I'd ruined the whole procedure by not remaining calm. That said- my little honey badger to be Embryo didn't care and implanted just dandy despite me. I believe strongly that you will be fine too! GL and I hope you have some to freeze for siblings down the road! Hugs.
  • Options
    Oh @HBamama2B I am SO glad someone else had a not so perfect ET experience they are willing to share too. Of course I'm not glad you endured that!!! Just that I only ever read about great and calm experiences where the couple goes to lunch after ward or even back to work. I'm so glad to hear that you had a good result despite the stress! I am starting to feel better already. Thank you !!
  • Options
    @smitty18 although I don't have experience with a transfer yet, but I think you'll be ok. This process is very stressful and we sometimes tend to think of the worst possible scenario. I've read stories of women who've got mild OHSS, yeast infections, etc. and thought they were out, but got their BFP. I know it's easier said then done, but please try to remain positive. Try to do something that will keep you distracted--coloring book for adults perhaps? What about getting a prenatal massage?
  • Options
    @smitty18 I had similar stressful experience with ET...next day I was all worked up as well. I taught myself how to crochet to keep my hand and mind busy. Now I'm obsessed. I feel better but still tired. Go for Betta on Wed really nervous.
  • Options
    @picare88 and @Rachd110 thanks for your kind words and for sharing. I'm keeping busy carving pumpkins and coloring and doing mindless (light) work around the house. I hope all the kids trick or treating will distract me too! @picare88 please keep me posted. My finger are crossed for you!!!! The