March 2016 Moms

Question Thread - "Stupid" or not - just ask away

Re: Question Thread - "Stupid" or not - just ask away

• @oceanchild I'm going through the same thing and also thought it had to do with blood pressure. I have to monitor mine at home. The last time I had a headache like that I took my blood pressure and although it was slightly elevated (as usual) it didn't seem to have gotten worse. This is just in my case though. I'd say to maybe bring it up to your doctor and see what they have to say. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • I can't seem to stop crying today. Any suggestions for how to stabilize mood swings?
  • Loading the player...
  • As far as grooming, I have waxed down there the whole pregnancy with my first and was very happy to have done it right before the delivery. It gave me a good 4 weeks before I needed to think about grooming again. I think at 9-10 weeks I went and got it waxed again. I plan to do the same this time. 
    imageimage

• For those taking unison and b6 how much do you take and when?
  • Does anyone else feels so bloated they just want someone to let the air out of their stomach like a beach ball???

I felt like this for quite a few weeks...it was horrible! Your description couldn't describe it any better! Yuck. It does get better! Try to hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone else feels so bloated they just want someone to let the air out of their stomach like a beach ball???

Just started feeling that way yesterday. I was so bloated that it hurt. I went from looking like pudgy me to having a huge air belly in a matter of hours. What hurt the most was when I was thirsty. I wanted to chug water but my tummy was so bloated that the thought of depositing anything into my tummy hurt. Had to take small sips of water all day. Thankfully, I woke up to the bloat being significantly reduced.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • smushi said:
    For those taking unison and b6 how much do you take and when?
    b6 is up to 100 mg a day. I got 25 mg tabs (online at Swansonvitamins.com) and took them 3-4 times a day. For unisom, make sure you get the unisom tabs with the active ingredient doxylamine succinate. Start out taking 1 tab before bed. If you still feel sick during the day, you can take up to 1 additional tab, but I would definitely break in half and take in two doses spread several hours apart as it'll make you groggy. 

The unisom really helped me. I'd still feel sick by the evening, but at least I woke up feeling great and would feel ok most of the day.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Should I be concerned about a family member receiving the FluMist and shedding live virus?

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Should I be concerned about a family member receiving the FluMist and shedding live virus?

This is what is on the CDC website:

"Should pregnant and postpartum women avoid contact with people who were recently vaccinated with the nasal spray vaccine?

Pregnant and postpartum women do not need to avoid contact with persons recently vaccinated with the nasal spray flu vaccine. However, the nasal spray flu vaccine should not be given to women who are pregnant. Postpartum women can receive the flu shot or the nasal spray flu vaccine."

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• Question for STM+, do you find your toddler or baby getting more clingy or needy while you're pregnant? I don't think my 15 month old comprehends that there is another baby inside mommy, but she has been soooo neefy for the last 2months. And she only wants mommy most of the time.

Yes my little is really clingy. Hence him in this pic lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• Question for STM+, do you find your toddler or baby getting more clingy or needy while you're pregnant? I don't think my 15 month old comprehends that there is another baby inside mommy, but she has been soooo neefy for the last 2months. And she only wants mommy most of the time.

Yes my little is really clingy. Hence him in this pic lol

It may be the age too when my daughter was around 15 to 20 months she was def nore clingy. She's two now and is more clingy to her dad. She now thinks it is comical to pinch and kick me instead of attaching herself to my hip
  • This is my third pregnancy, and I am 14 weeks.  I remember during my other pregnancies that when I first felt movement it was like a fish was swimming in my belly, and then it worked its way up to full-fledged karate kicks. Well, today, out of nowhere, I was standing up and felt four clear-as-day strong kicks near my belly button.  It definitely wasn't gas. Could it have been my uterus spasming? Or is it more likely that it was actually my little nugget? 
  • @eileenmcgoo I would say that since this is your 3rd and your 14 weeks it's definitely possible it was baby :) Congrats!
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • I know there is a progesterone thread but it didn't really help to answer my question. I finished my progesterone pills at 12w3d. Dr. Said the placenta would take over now so I don't need to refill the Rx. Is it the norm to just assume that? Or should they have taken a blood sample to make sure my levels are still where they need to be? I know many of us were on progesterone so wondering what other experiences were like.

• labacker said:
    I know there is a progesterone thread but it didn't really help to answer my question. I finished my progesterone pills at 12w3d. Dr. Said the placenta would take over now so I don't need to refill the Rx. Is it the norm to just assume that? Or should they have taken a blood sample to make sure my levels are still where they need to be? I know many of us were on progesterone so wondering what other experiences were like.
    My doctor didn't check my levels before taking me off of it.  I'm grateful to not have to take another pill I'm still at 4 pills a day for various things.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Thanks @bntfroggie - I really should have more of a positive outlook on these things! I just resort to worrying over it all.

• labacker said:
    I know there is a progesterone thread but it didn't really help to answer my question. I finished my progesterone pills at 12w3d. Dr. Said the placenta would take over now so I don't need to refill the Rx. Is it the norm to just assume that? Or should they have taken a blood sample to make sure my levels are still where they need to be? I know many of us were on progesterone so wondering what other experiences were like.
    My doctor just took me off it without bloodwork.  He took me off both that and my metformin, stating the placenta will even things out.  I do however have to start taking my progesterone injection every week starting Monday at my 16 (17+4) appointment.  This injection will make sure baby bakes for a long time- its a precaution taken because I had a preemie the first time.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • smount2011smount2011 member
    edited September 2015

Ha! I just totally posted in the wrong thread :)  My bad!

• labacker said:
    Thanks @bntfroggie - I really should have more of a positive outlook on these things! I just resort to worrying over it all.
    No problem, I have regressed back into my worrying state again too.  I have a doppler from my cousin, but I'm trying my hardest not to use it just in case I can't find the heartbeat myself, I would have a panic attack.  Think good baby thoughts.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • labacker said:
    Thanks @bntfroggie - I really should have more of a positive outlook on these things! I just resort to worrying over it all.
    No problem, I have regressed back into my worrying state again too.  I have a doppler from my cousin, but I'm trying my hardest not to use it just in case I can't find the heartbeat myself, I would have a panic attack.  Think good baby thoughts.
    Proud of you for not using it. That's a lot of will power!!

• lindscnn1 said:
    I just heard that they recommend kids until 2 be in rear facing car seats? How is this physically possible? My kids have always been on the tall side, my last baby outgrew her 1st car seat by 6 months. I can picture my kid in a rear facing seat with his/her legs over their head. Then again I remember my parents arm slamming against my chest as our "safety" growing up.
    My kiddo was 3 and 4 months before we turned forward facing.  Just sat criss-cross... totally fine.  :) 
  • Cherries2005Cherries2005 member
    edited September 2015
    Has anyone dealt with SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction)? And explain what it feels like or your experience with it is? I've been reading up on it and they say lots of women get misdiagnosed with sciatic pain but it really being SPD instead. I have had this problem even before I got pregnant again but only rarely, and now again. It can only be explained as a weird pressure type discomfort in my pelvic bone. It feels like if I stretch it (spread my legs or put any pressure on it) that it'll break or something. One time I felt like a weird Crack like feeling, like when you lock a bone and it takes a minute to unlock itself before you can move it again. It was painful but only lasted a few minutes, I had assumed maybe I had pulled a muscle or something seems it never happened again. But now that weird pressure is back again. I also read that if you've had a previous pregnancy it can become common in your next because of weakened ligaments.

My appointment is not till next week and I plan on bringing it up
  • Guys, I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and my boobs are leaking. Why? What even is it? What can I do here? It's freaking me out.
  • Guys, I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and my boobs are leaking. Why? What even is it? What can I do here? It's freaking me out.
    All you can do is buy nursing pads.  Your colostrum is coming in.  There's no stopping it!  Mine haven't leaked yet but they did early for my first, so I expect it to happen any time soon.

• Has anyone dealt with SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction)? And explain what it feels like or your experience with it is?

I have had it each time (not yet with this one luckily, but I know it's coming).
    With my first it started closer to 3rd tri, and it was worse at night, like when I needed to get out of bed to pee. With my second, it started earlier (mid 2nd tri) and was more severe. I was 4m PP when I got pregnant, so maybe that's why it was much sooner and worse. I had extreme difficulty dressing myself (pants on) and walking. By the end of my second pregnancy I was on crutches. It's the worst pain I've ever felt. Worse than my natural L&Ds. With my third baby, it started mid 2nd tri again. Hard to dress and walk, especially severe at night trying to get out of bed. I went to chiro and that helped some. It actually improved around 37w (thx to chiro and binding my hips some to stabilize and heated rice socks and massage (yes my massage therapist actually did some massage there; I was desperate!)). No crutches so yay.
    Every time it was totally resolved by birthing my baby. It's an acute pain - super sharp and burning, makes me literally scream out (poor husband in the middle of the night gets a shock every time I need to pee), it isn't in my pelvic bone, but on each side of my pubic bone and between it - it feels like my pubic area is going to come apart from the middle. It fades away when my weight returns to equally on each foot/leg. But spreading them (lifting one to put pant leg on, taking a step, rolling over in bed (OMG that's the worst)) is effing excruciating. I actually had my husband build a pulley system like you see in the orthopaedic units of hospitals to help me get out of bed with my last two babies.
    Sciatic pain would be along the outside of your hips or down the middle/outside of your buttocks, and down your leg. It can start in your lower back and travel all the way to your feet, or just be in your butt cheek, or from your hip down your thigh.
    Good luck mama. I can empathize.

Autism mama! 
  • Thank you @oceanchild

I wonder if that's what it is then? I'll have to ask at my next appointment. It literally feels like I'm a wish bone and my crotch is in constant danger of breaking lol makes me scared to get out of bed in case I stretch weird.
  • That sounds pretty spot on, @Cherries2005! I think the same thing every time - I'm a wishbone and I'm being ripped apart at the crotch. I hope it doesn't get too severe and you find something relief! :(

Autism mama! 
  • I can't seem to stop crying today. Any suggestions for how to stabilize mood swings?
    I was like this a lot with my first and kind of now with my second. Is it out of nowhere or are you feeling depressed/angry/etc?

With my first, she was unplanned and I had a huge range of extreme emotions all the time. Angry, sad, happy, nervous, excited, anxious, you name it. This time I'm crying out of overwhelming happiness. Like I just feel so incredibly lucky to have DH and DD and this pregnancy, heck, even the dog, that I cry because it's like I can't believe I'm so lucky to have all of this. 

Pregnancy is crazy. Hormones are crazy. So I think this can be "normal" for a lot of women. However, if you are feeling depressed or overly down, please talk to your doctor. With my first I discussed it with my OB and even just talking about it helped. I ultimately didn't take any medication while pregnant but we already had a plan in place in case I continued having issues PP or if they got worse. They did, and it was so much easier to go in and talk about PPD/PPA treatments because we had already been working through it. Hang in there!
  • I don't know if anyone has asked this it not because I haven't been keeping up, but what can I expect during my 16 week appointment?

We added the early sex ultrasound, but there wasn't an US scheduled before then. So what do they normally do? Blood work? Look up my hoo-ha? Just ask questions?
  • I had my 15 week appointment last week. They took my weight, blood pressure, heart rate, checked the baby's heart rate, located my uterus (externally) and went over my NT scan and blood work results.

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• I don't know if anyone has asked this it not because I haven't been keeping up, but what can I expect during my 16 week appointment? We added the early sex ultrasound, but there wasn't an US scheduled before then. So what do they normally do? Blood work? Look up my hoo-ha? Just ask questions?
    Blood work (if you opted to do the quad screen), blood pressure, weight, and usually doppler of baby's heart rate. I can't remember when they start measuring your fundal height but you won't have to take your pants off until they start checking on dilation, maybe around 34-36 weeks?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I didnt go yet I go this Thursday. They usually do urine test, weight, blood pressure, find uterus, Doppler, and go over any blood work. I will be 16 weeks tomorrow and last time they couldn't find heartbeat at 12 weeks and I got to see the babe at an US to confirm. My OB never does dilation checks unless I feel contractions. I got my pap last time at 12 weeks. If you are due for your yearly pap and they haven't done that they might do it this time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks y'all! I had my pap when I went in the first time to be confirmed. I hope they do check the heart beat (to where we can hear it) because my husband hasn't gotten to hear it yet. He was out of town for my first US and he's been bummed. At least I'm better prepared now haha I wish they gave me a list of what to expect at each appointment.
  • Most appointments from here onto 28(ish) weeks will be just check baby's hb, check your bp, go over any symptoms and any concerns, get your weight - very simple and should only take 15 minutes max.  My experience is fundal height checks start around 28 weeks (maybe a few weeks sooner) and you'll start going more frequently.  Depending on your OB, you might start getting cervical checks around 36 weeks, but some opt not to do them to keep germs out of your hooha :)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Not sure if it fits here.... Any STM+ still co-sleeping with your elder ones?  How do you transition them back to their bed?  DD (16mo) really didn't start co-sleeping with us until after we went on vacation a few weeks ago.  Now she won't leave!!!!  It's either DH sleeping in her room in the recliner, or she is in our bed most of the nights.  She is also a kicker and flips all over the bed in her sleep.  DH is worried that she is going to kick my tummy one of these nights.  I don't want to go through the whole sleep training thing again for like the 45th time!!!
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited September 2015
    Not sure if it fits here.... Any STM+ still co-sleeping with your elder ones?  How do you transition them back to their bed? 
    i am - our 18mo has been bedsharing since birth. before him, middle sis was in the bed. we started transitioning her to a toddler bed in big bro's room about a month before baby was born (she was almost 2.5y, and still nursing). she would sometimes STTN in her bed, and sometimes get up in the middle of the night and come into our room to snuggle. after the baby was born, she would still come into our bed sometimes, and i would just let her sleep in the cosleeper, since the baby was in the bed with us. i told her that she could have nursies in the morning, but night nursies were only for the new baby. she got better and better at staying in her room all night (coming into ours later or not at all). for the past 8ish months mayne she has been coming back into our bed some, but it really isnt a problem for us. i am slightly more concerned about the 18mo not night-weaning as well as his sis did (he will be 2y when newbaby is born, so 6m younger than she was). but i fully expect him to still be in our room some, although i plan on trying to get him to sleep in the toddler bed in the big-kid room starting over Xmas break (when husband doesn't ave to get up early for work and big bro is out of school, so missing sleep isnt as big a deal). never worried about kicking in the belly - that seems to be more of a problem when they are awake and running and jumping into me honestly haha! but baby is in a great cushion of water in your belly, and should be protected from sleepy baby kicks. as far as space goes, have you considered sidecar'ing a crib to the bed so that your toddler has a separate safe sleeping space with you guys? that way your husband would have more room, but it would still be like she is in bed with you until she is ready. you just take the front of the crib off and stick it against your bed like a cosleeper, example: image

Autism mama! 
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited September 2015
    short of that, i'd look into the no-cry sleep solution books ..
    image  image

Autism mama! 
  • Dumb question: rotisserie chicken, your thoughts? I know it's fine if I heat it up but I just bought one and the lady said it was right out of the oven but I want to let it cool to make chicken salad. Have a wicked bad craving for that today! I'm probably being over cautious but would you eat it? Thanksssss :)

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker