May 2016 Moms
Options

Welcome May 2016 Moms! Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Welcome May 2016 Moms! Introduce Yourself Here!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Hi everyone Im Jessica, 34! I have a DD who will be 10 in December. Looking for to new adventures with this baby. My EDD is May 14th. My SO is currently in South Dakota for work and Im in Seattle. A long distance relationship is hard especially with all the crazy hormones. Im super anxious and nervous about everything since it's been 10 years. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all. Blessings and prayers for happy healthy babies. :x
  • Options
    Hi everyone my name is Melanie. I am 32 years old and a mother to three boys (two bio one step) ages are 10,11,13. I work for a nursing home here in NYC. Me and my hubby have been together for going on five years (10/22) is our anniversary.

About 4 years ago I lost my baby and at that time we decided to put an iud paraguard in cause I just was so scared to go through it again I couldn't deal with the idea of losing another baby. About one year later we found out that it got embedded and needed to be removed and I had developed a serious infection. The doctor then gave me one dose of the depo shot so that myself and hubby had time to decide what we wanted to do (either go natural or find another form of bc). We decided natural and leave it in God's hands.
    Fast forward to June of this year I had a abnormal pap result and was told I had hpv. Complete panic and fear kicked in. They scheduled me for a cervical biopsy on Aug 31. While waiting for my biopsy day to come I was feeling out of it, anxiety was on a all time high so I figured it was just nerves.
    That Friday before the biopsy I felt horrible just completely drained I left work early and slept a lot. On Sunday when I woke up I was shaking and jittery. Realized my sugar must of been low I ate some breakfast and made coffee. The coffee tasted like garbage and the food was just awful but I forced it down.
    I started to wonder at that point (could I be pregnant?). But as fast as the thought came it left cause I remembered taking a pregnancy test two weeks prior and it was negative. (I test once a month).

Monday morning we head to my biopsy appointment. Everything was going normal, intake, peed in the cup, head over to the nurse. She asking a thousand questions and then all of a sudden she looks at me oddly looks back at her screen and then back at me and then appeared to be annoyed. She then say " you do realize we cannot perform a biopsy on a pregnant woman what were you thinking" talk about total shock and out if reaction I said "well I was thinking I wasn't pregnant that I had cancer that is what I was thinking" then I just bursted into laughter and tears all at the same time.
    So that is my story we are due on May 4th, I got for my FTS on Oct 21st. I am 11w and 2days. We have already confirmed size and age through sono on Oct 9th.
    Excited and nervous and so are the kids. My boys birthdays are May 6 and May 8th.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello, May Mommies.
    My name is Maci. I am 11 weeks, 2 days. Due May 4th!
    Our pregnancy was a bit of a surprise! We have been married since Dec 2013, and have been having unprotected sex every since with no luck. I had doubts that I was able to get pregnant to begin with, because of period problems and other problems.. But as soon as I gave up all hope, Baby!!
    I took a pregnancy test to get my friends off my back because I was over a month late. Expecting a negative test, I about fell over when I saw that positive test.
    We have told Immediate family, but will announce to the rest of our friends and family next Tuesday after our 12 week appointment! :)

I have a blog where I write about my first time pregnancy, and id love to get some feed back and stories from other mommies-to-be.
    newmommy1.weebly.com
  • Options
    Hello mammas. My name is Kelle, I'm 30, live in Portland, Oregon, and I have an 18 month old daughter. Looking forward to chatting with you all. 
  • Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Lama Ayoubi im 28 years old and my DH is 26 ☺️. we planned for a travel and booked hotel and tickets on september 10 last month, 9 september i did a preg test because i was one day late; and the surprise was there. I was sooo happy could'nt believe it.

We've been married for two years and this is my second pregnancy, but my first ended with a misscarriage on 8 weeks because the baby didn't have a heart beat from the beginning.

My due date now is May 16. I went for an ultra sound this week and i saw the baby's heart beat and his/her legs moving it was the most adorable feeling ever.

Wish you all luck, and hope to get to know each other more.
  • Options
    Hi, I am 23 and pregnant with my second baby. My son is now 20 months. He was a surprise baby, my husband and I had been married 3 short months when I became pregnant. This pregnancy was planed, I got pregnant as soon as we started trying.  I'm due may 12th, we are so excited. I have been scared of miscarriage because almost everyone in my family has had one,but I'm 10 weeks now and so far so good.  I will be doing duel care, a dr and a midwife and I plan on having a home birth assisted by my midwife. I live in the beautiful Pennsylvania country.  We own horses, chickens, cats and dogs. I work at my parents business twice a week, but spend as much time as I can at home with my animals, my busy little boy and my hubby. My favorite. Hobby is horseback riding, but I enjoy anything outdoors
  • Options
    Hi @SilverEF :-h
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Options
    Hi! Is anyone still reading this thread? (echo, echo) I'm never late for anything but watch me be the last one here. I should have come here first instead of the other community I found myself in, which I am so fed up with. I was a Knottie way back in '06/'07 and should have known TB was the best place to hang out.

My name is Rachelle but my friends and family call me Ray. I'm "old" for a FTM at 39, just in under the wire, it seems, due May 9. My DH is 45 and he has a daughter (13) from his first marriage. Thankfully no drama there; SD and I have a great relationship.

After years of TTC we went through an excruciating year of IVF treatment and many kinds of failure in order to get to this stage. But it seems to have worked! We can't wait to meet our little girl (we've known the gender since before the embryo was even implanted—isn't science amazing?)!

We lived for quite a long time in NYC but recently moved to the Jersey suburbs. I'm still adjusting to the lifestyle change but I know we made the right choice, especially now that we are expecting. Let's see...other stuff: I'm a book editor and work from home and my husband is a philosophy professor. We have a French bulldog whom we spoil rotten and we are musicians, artists, and writers in our spare time.

Anyway, I've been lurking here for about a week and I think you gals are awesome. I hope you won't mind if I start hanging out here more!

xx

• Options
    I always read it, @raygunn :)

Welcome!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Aww...hi, Lala! That kind of made my day just now. :D
  • Options
    Hello! My name is Cassie and I'm a teacher in northern Michigan. My husband and I have been together for just over 6 years and were married in June. My edd is May 28th based on my lmp but I have my first appt on the 27th, so that may change. We had just started ttc so we were super surprised and excited to get our bfp last month. Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you!!
  • Options
    Hi everybody im a first time dad I'm 26 my fiancé is 25 and our baby is due 16th of May although we haven't had a proper dating yet and we couldn't be sure on the last period but I'm super excited and anxious and nervous. Just want to get to that 12 week mark!
    Just to give you all a mans perspective on this so far this journey has been extremely hard as it wasn't expected and at first my partner took it hard, for me though it was always a blessing . And so the first couple of weeks knowing was very emotional now all is good in that respect we have been together for almost 9 years so I know we are both ready and capable of being great parents and starting this new chapter of our life together. It has however thrown a real spanner into the works because we were engaged to be married in March next year and now with her being heavily pregnant when that time comes it looks like the wedding will be postponed . We are 10 weeks today and wow has it been a journey so far. I am trying me best to make life as comfortable and easy as possible. I work basically everyday and have had to pick up all the house chores as well as cooking everyday. She feels exhausted constantly although worse at the end of the day so it's been hard to come home exhausted myself and have to clean and do all the cooking all of which I am happy to do and I let her know this although she feels like she is letting me down because I am doing everything atm but I reassure her it's fine she is growing our baby . What makes it really difficult is because of all the changes in her body she doesn't like to be touched and I'm really struggling with not being able to kiss or cuddle her, understandably she is carrying my child and I feel an overwhelming affection toward her right now so it's hard . I don't want to seem like a whinging man I'm not just wanted to give u my perspective on this amazing journey thus far . Would be great to read more from other dads ! Hope what I've wrote is at least a little insightful for someone
  • Options
    Hi ladies,
    My name is Antonia and I am 27 years old. This is my second pregnancy, my EDD is 5/25/2016. I have an 8 year year old daughter- so I'm a bit intimidated my that age gap.
  • Options
    Hey mommies and daddies, it's awesome to meet you all. My name is Ashley, 22 years old and expecting my first child 05/15/2016 which will probably change. I'm excited, but super nervous. I never knew how much a parent felt until I found out I was goingto be one. I am going to be a single parent, due to issues with the BD but I'm not letting it stop me or get me down. Just trying to focus on readying for my little prince or princess.
  • Options
    hi everyone! I'm Michelle 32 and live just outside of Boston with my husband Chris. We are 9.5 weeks and so excited! Im due May 19th and we just started telling friends and family. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy pregnancy!
  • Options
    Hi everyone..I'm Katie 34 from Maine, my dh is 30. We have a daughter that just turned 2 10/18. We are expecting #2 5/16/16.
  • Options
    Hi, my names Cristal, I reside in Houston Texas. I have 2 kiddos a daughter and a son, 2 and 5. I'm married and I have 1 doggie lol my kiddos bdays are almost all close together along with this due date, my son was born March 24th 2010, daughter was born April 29th 2013, and finally I'm due May 20th 2016, such a blessing, just been feeling very odd lately.
  • Options
    sdurrancesdurrance member
    edited October 2015
    Hi everyone! I'm Stephanie, 27 years old and live in North Dallas with my husband. We are expecting our first on May 25th! Will be 9 weeks tomorrow!
  • Options
    sdurrance said:

Hi everyone! I'm Stephanie, 27 years old and live in North Dallas with my husband. We are expecting our first on May 25th! Will be 9 weeks tomorrow!

I'm from Dallas, too! :-h
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Raegan! My due date is May 10. I'm excited because I'm sharing the same due date as my mom did with my baby brother. They both share a birthday May 8! So even though my due date is the 10th I'm hoping he or she comes on the 8th! I go for my first ultrasound next week I'll be 3 months. And I'm just so excited and anxious at the same time because I'm ready to see if my little one is doing OK in there.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Erin I'm 32 in FL. I'm a little over 8 weeks now. My fiancé and I are very excited! We're getting married on November 14th, then around May 30th will be expecting our first baby!! Lots of changes happening. Best of luck to all and wishing you all a healthy and happy pregnancy :)
  • Options
    miranda81636miranda81636 member
    edited October 2015
    Im miranda, i live in minnesota.. I am,11w 3 days pregnant w pregnancy 6. I'm 27 due May 987th. I have one son who is 4. I had 4 miscarraiges from july2014 to april 2015. Hopefully this time i will have my second child. I havnt made it this far with the mc, but it still doesnt take the worry away. I am going to do the genetic testing this time as well on tuesday. I have hypothyroidism (found out on 2nd mc). Evidence of pcos and iam trying progesterone and baby aspirin this time. Afraid to quit them!!
  • Options
    I'm a 27yo second time momma to be. I have a wonderful three yo daughter. I was adamant about not having a second child and then one day at the park something inside me switched and I wanted a baby. I told my husband that night and we started trying right then. I am a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason because we got pregnant the first cycle, same as with our daughter. I'm due May 29th and have had one Appt. My next Appt is in two weeks which is when I think/ hope they'll do an ultrasound. I'll be almost 11 weeks by then. I'm having a really hard time waiting for that Appt the first time around I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm Kara. Due May 16th with my first. Unfortunately lost my last at about 8 weeks back in 2013. Happy to announce I am almost 11 weeks this time around. Wishing everyone the best!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and admire your strength! My husband is also Air Force! Best of luck to you and your family!
  • Options
    Hi my name is alli I'm pregnant if my 1st I'm due may 16 me and my husband live in pa I'm 10 weeks 4days
  • Options
    valerie4786valerie4786 member
    edited October 2015
    Hi all,

I'm Valerie, I'm a FTM and my husband and I are super excited! I'm 9w1d and our EDD is May 28th. I'm a social worker, my husband is a mechanic and we've been married about a year and a half but together almost 6 years. We live in Michigan with our dog & cat. :)
  • Options
    Hi I'm 32 and live in New Zealand with DH and 8 year old DS. Am 9 weeks, due May 27.
    New to this message board thing so hopefully I'm doing it right!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Kiah im currently 9 weeks pregnant, I'm 19 years of age ive known my boyfriend for over a year now and I've been with him for 9 months and we do argue a lot and we are currently arguing right now but he's trying to make out that I'm lying about being pregnant or that the baby isn't his but he is the only one I've slept with this year so it's definitely is his baby but at times he's just told me to get rid, oh I forgot I just recently started a new job and still on my 4 week probation and I don't know when it is the right time to tell them the news, I really need help!!

Many thanks xx
  • Options
    Hey Y'all! My Name is Tara. Here's a little background on me.

I am 25. I have been married to my DH for 4 years this January. We have been together for 8. I have 2 beautiful sons who are ages 8 and 2. My oldest was adopted by my husband last August. I had a miscarriage last year which was a super hard blow to me and my husband. I found out I was pregnant on September 7th. Already heard heartbeat and everything so this is very exciting and we are really excited to me welcoming our Rainbow Baby in May! I am a SAHM and my husband works on the pipeline, which sucks terribly. He is gone a lot but we make it all work.

• Options

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Lauren and my EDD is May 28, 2016!  This is my first pregnancy and I am super excited!  My fiance and I have been together going on 9 years.  We were not trying, but were not preventing it either :)  God has definitely blessed our family.  I am a fur mom as well to 2 horses (regis and Gypsy) and a German Shepherd (Thor). 

• Options
    Hello! I'm Brianna, 28 years old, been married to my husband Eric for almost 4 years. We have an amazing almost 2 yr old boy Eric, that is our whole world!
    We live in Colorado Springs, Co, I'm a Colorado native he is from northern Minnesota. I'm blessed to be a SAHM and he drives a semi for ABF Freight locally.
    We are currently 9 weeks and 1 day with baby #2 yay! Its a little earlier than we planned but no complaints! We are due May 29th...it seems like forever! This pregnancy has already been crazy different, and having a hyper toddler hasnt helped lol but I'm truckin!
    Congrats fellow mommas!
  • Options
    amovin21amovin21 member
    edited October 2015

Hello All! This is my first pregnancy, but the 6th for DH. He has children from his previous marriage. I am overly excited for my first. I went off BC back in June with the intent of giving my body a few months to regulate, planned to then start taking my temp to chart ovulation, and then start TTC in Dec. So much for plans because at the end of Aug I was late and in no way could believe I was pregnant already. I thought I would take a test to prove DH wrong and not be pregnant...well on 8/30 the test was positive and it was positive again on the 31st. While excited I was quite upset that it happened sooner than planned, but everything happens for a reason. Our first appointment was on 9/28, baby had a strong heartbeat and set my projected due date for May 6th.

[url=https://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt316[/img][/url]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies. My name is Tiffanny. I'm 26. I have two children, Aidan(5) and Mia(8 myths). I'm due May 20th with my third. SO and I hope its a boy. But will be happy with a healthy baby girl as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hello my name is Kristi I'm 43 and my husband and I have been married for 15 years... We raised all our children together... We had a double reversal over 10 years ago... We have a foster baby we are taking care of... I thought I was going through the change, learned that we are expecting our first Double reversal baby on May 28th.. we are shocked and Blessed. We saw our babies heartbeat and I cried.. So many years have passed and thought my womb was closed.. I'm 9 weeks 5 days with our sweet blessing♡
  • Options
    HI everyone!!!!

My name is Ashley. I'm 29 yrs old from Toronto and pregnant with my 2nd. My daughter is 8 and will be 9 once the baby gets here. I must admit that this time around is A LOT different! It could be that I'm just older lol but I've been soooo exhausted and nauseous!!! I don't remember it being this bad with my daughter.
    My due date as of right now is May 20th :) my first ultrasound is on Nov. 11th and I'm very excited!
    This is my boyfriends first child so he is very excited and nervous!

I'm excited to have a place to come and talk with other mom's to be who are at the same stage as me!
    ;;)
  • Options
    Hello! I'm Hayley Loeken, and this is my second pregnancy. My first ended in miscarriage. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow, and I'm ecstatic to be there. One more week until I am out of this very scary phase! 
    I am a teacher, and my husband does marketing and PR for our city. We have one labradoodle. Quick question, for anyone who wants to play. Have you done the ring on a string test? If so, what are you having?! 
  • Options
    Hello may moms!!
    My name is Heidi, and this is my first pregnancy! I am 26 and have been married to my husband for 5 years and together for almost 10. My due date is May 27th (10 weeks today)!!! I am a nurse and work 12hr shifts and I am so ready to be done with not MS but all day sickness.
    I had my first U/S at 8 weeks 5 days and measured right on spot! Babys heart breat was 170 ♡♥
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lizzy and I'm 30. DH (31) and I are expecting our 1st on May 1st. We are super excited and nervous. We announced to family and friends last weekend so now I feel safe to post to the boards! I'll be 14 weeks on Monday. Already had the 1st term blood tests and ultrasound and everything is looking good!