May 2016 Moms
Options

Welcome May 2016 Moms! Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Welcome May 2016 Moms! Introduce Yourself Here!

• Options
    @KnitPearl Congratulations on the pregnancy AND the engagement! That is awesome. :) My brother just moved to Portland! I'm debating on making a trip in December to go visit. I miss him like crazy. :(
    Thank you so much!

Nice, you should come out to visit! I like the Portland winters; mild but we often see a little dusting of snow. Whereabouts do you live?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I'm Liz. I'm 26 years old, been married for one year tomorrow but have been with my husband for 8 years. I had just turned 18 when we met. We have been talking about babies since we were just kids ourselves and now I am finally pregnant with our first! 6 weeks along- due 5/28/16. We have a 3 year old mini golden doodle who is our baby girl and we are so excited for her to be a big sister :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I am Jenna, residing in Alberta with my husband whom I have been with for almost 9 years and married for 1. I am 27 and he is 29 and we are expecting our first baby in May after trying for about a year. Super excited and happy to start the next chapter. EDD May 17th.

• Options
    Hi I'm Desiree. This is my first pregnancy and I'm waiting to tell everyone (other than my husband of course!), so I'm hoping this group will give me a good outlet. I'm about 8.5 weeks currently and had an early trans-vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks that picked up a good heartbeat.  I'm of course still worried about miscarriage. I've had absolutely no morning sickness. I have been bloated, tired, with sore breasts though, and a little more apt to cry than usual!  My main worry is my high-stress, full time job. My doctor cleared me to travel, and I've been traveling both nationally and internationally for the past three weeks doing public relations events for my company. I'll have another ultrasound when I get back at about 10 weeks. I'm waiting until after the first trimester to tell my employer, and I'm very worried about how they may perceive me and my position (which obviously requires a lot of traveling) while I'm pregnant. I really don't want to travel in the third trimester and I'm going to tell them so. Anyone else dealing with a high-stress job?
  • Options
    Nexy12Nexy12 member
    edited October 2015
    Hi! I'm 36, pregnant with my second child. My daughter is 7. Just got married to a wonderful man on august 15, 2015. Found out we were pregnant on during the last days of our 10-day honeymoon (Jamaica-New York). Perfect timing! A honeymoon baby! EDD 8-May-2016!

Had my first ultrasound at week 8 day 2. Perfect growth and good heartbeat. Highlight of week 8 was that I have been unable to walk since week 8 day 1. Something about abdominal muscle loosing up for the baby. i've been making daily progress but still not walking normally and not able to sit formire than a minute.

So loving my husband for already proving that he took his vows seriously... In sickness and in health! :-)

I've had to tell work early as I am working internationally and they require that I leave by my 24th week of pregnancy (in case of emergency, insurance and medical coverage). So I'll be returning to Canada for the holidays... After living here for the past 3.5 years.
  • Options
    jenver96 said:
    I got this shirt on Etsy and this is how I plan to tell family and friends, even better it is my only grandmothers 87th birthday on Halloween! She will be so thrilled I can't wait to see her reaction :)
    Around Halloween is when we're going public too. I already have my picture planned (both of our cars in the driveway with a borrowed power wheels or similar in the middle), not sure what my other half is doing.
  • Options
    Nexy12Nexy12 member
    edited October 2015
    Hi Desiree. I really understand the high stress job. Already feeling like they want me out now. This pregnancy is not the easiest one with nausea and back pain.. Already missing one week of work and possible another. with your travelling you have to be careful as well... Don't do too much and when you feel it's time to slow down.. Do! Listen to your body. Hoping you have a healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    Thanks @Nexy12, it's good to hear I'm not the only one! I hope you get the rest you need and thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm super late to respond because I was feeling so nervous about making sure the baby was alright but I just had my first appointment/ultrasound on Tuesday and we've got a squirmy, perfect little baby on the way! I'm due May 7th and this is my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    Hello! My name is Katie! I am 23 and happily married. DH is 30. We have a 2 1/2 year old son, Greyson, and a 1 year old daughter, London. So this is our third child! We couldn't be happier. Right now I am 6 weeks along and my due date this time is May 29th. I'm dying to tell everyone but we want to keep it to ourselves until Christmas to surprise the whole family then!

Anyone else having their third? Or fourth and have any tips for the transition?
    Congrats to all of you ladies!
  • Options
    @kateortegaa I have a niece named London! I've never seen anyone else with that name before. It's lovely. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    ***loss mentioned***

I've been lurking for a while...wanted to wait until after my first appointment before really joining in. I'm 31 and DH is 28. We have a 2yo DS. We had been trying for a while for baby #2 and found out we were pregnant in late May. Unfortunately I miscarried before we even had a dating us so I'm not sure how far along we were. Fast forward to September and a BFP! We had our first appointment this week and I'm due May 24!
  • Options
    Hello Moms!
    My name is Meghan. There are a lot of acronyms that I am not hip with haha.
    My husband (DH, I think) and I live in Canada. We have been married since August 1st and try to conceive for about 6 months. I manage a Financial institution branch and am working on my MBA - lots in the go always!
    We are expecting our first. We went to the DR and had a positive confirmation on my 30th birthday! We have 2 Baby D (the current name of the thing growing inside me) gaurd dogs... Harley - the indoor labradoodle, and Herc - the outdoor police pup in training!
    Our EDD (totally knew that one) is May 23rd! We just told our families over the past few days - lots of excitement!
    I am not enjoying pregnancy yet... Morning sickness (which is a lie) has been very rough. I have just started a medication from my DR and hope that it enables me to function!
  • Options
    meghdunpmeghdunp member
    edited October 2015
    Same EDD!!
    I also clearly don't get posting... Tried to reply to one person and it showed up here.
  • Options
    HI fellow May mommies! I'm Katie, 28 years old and DH is 31. We have been married for 4.5 years, and have been trying to get pregnant for 1.5 years with baby number 1. We finally had luck!

I'm a manager of a women's fitness studio called Pure Barre in Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond, Washington... my boss owns 6 locations. I love working with women in all stages of pregnancy and life, but this also comes with lots of different opinions. I haven't told that many people yet, but once I start showing and hit 13 weeks I will spill the beans! Our due date is May first, so we might have a May Day baby! Also, our 5 year wedding anniversary is May 13th, so what a perfect gift in May coming our way.
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. What a strong woman you are sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Angie, 37, from St. Louis, married for 6 months and just found out we're expecting. Get pregnant on my birthday Weekend (labor day)! Since we are older (he is 44) we began trying right away in March. EDD May 25. Friday I have the dreaded three hour glucose test and first ultrasound. Some days I feel pregnant, some days I have nothing. As bad as I feel some days, I like those days better than the no symptom days. Makes me feel more confident that this is a viable pregnancy. We're not telling too many people yet but I have told a few (almost threw up on my boss during a meeting so he knows lol). I am glad I told the few I did because they already hooked me up with three seasons of maternity clothes, a very nice convertible crib, changing table, glider and high chair. But. The reason I told is God forbid anything happens, I'll need the emotional support. I'm praying for us all to have a happy and healthy 9 (10) months!!!
  • Options
    ***loss mentioned***

Hi ladies! I'm 34 from Connecticut. My DH and I have one son who will be 2 on Halloween. I am a former divorce attorney but stopped practicing after my son was born. I am currently writing my dissertation to finish up my PhD in Child Development (and expected to graduate in May... Yikes! What timing!). I also teach a couple classes at our state university and spend the rest of my time chasing after our very active toddler.

I have waited to post anything for several weeks, although I have been lurking daily :). We had a miscarriage in May of this year so I am very cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy. Currently 8w1d, due May 14. Here is hoping we all have healthy pregnancies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi,
    My name is Tess, I'm 30, my husband is 41, this will be our 2nd. Have a 6 y/o dd, and 2 dogs. We both work 50+ hrs/wk on opposite schedules so adding this LO should be interesting. ;-) <3
  • Options
    H0neyC0mb Congrats!

East River or West?  Sioux Falls here!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I forgot to tell you all about me! My name is Maureen, I'm 23 and I live in Portland! I put my due date but I forgot to mention that I'm 9 weeks 3 days. My fiancé and I are getting married on November 30th. We're both very excited!
  • Options
    Hi my name is Tara. I'm 27 and this is my 7th pregnancy. I have two daughters. Melysha is 10 and Mikalya is 7. I've had 3 miscarriages from 6-12 weeks and a stillborn daughter who was born at 29 weeks last year due to preeclampsia and APS. I'm currently 6 weeks and I'm due May 30th :) My husband is Nathan and we've been together for 5 years in December and married for just over 2 years.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Jen and I'm 8.5 weeks with my very first pregnancy. I'm 36 and husband is 37. We had been trying for 2 years and were just about to start treatments when we got the news. I'm trying not get too excited since its still very early. I really don't have any symptoms other than slightly sore breasts and being tired and bloated...ok I guess that's 3 symptoms, but I was expecting to be nauseated. It's hard waiting so long in between Dr. appts not knowing what's going on in there, though reading other posts it sounds like a lot of people can relate. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the support on this site!
  • Options
    Hey I'm Liz R. I am 31, have been with my husband (32) since 2007, and we have been trying to conceive since then. I have had two previous miscarriages, one of which I hemmorhaged and almost died, and the second I never knew I was pregnant due to bleeding for 2 weeks. I was suspicious and took a hpt. This go round I am pregnant again, finally!! 10w1d today and peanut has a strong heartbeat of 175 and is just a jumpin! We are so excited and I want wait to meet some pregger buddies to share this miracle with:)
  • Options

***loss mentioned***

I've been lurking for a while...wanted to wait until after my first appointment before really joining in. I'm 31 and DH is 28. We have a 2yo DS. We had been trying for a while for baby #2 and found out we were pregnant in late May. Unfortunately I miscarried before we even had a dating us so I'm not sure how far along we were. Fast forward to September and a BFP! We had our first appointment this week and I'm due May 24!

• Options
    Sorry for your loss!! But congrats on the new arrival!! I know how exhilarating it is to go thru such tragedy and then come out on top with a successful swimmer! Praying all goes well and that the first trimester flies for you!!
  • Options
    I'm Heather, 33 yo in Chicagoland, 2 precious little people ages 4 and 2, Nicholas & Everleigh. I miscarried in March and then after finally feeling perhaps at peace with us being a family of 4 rather than 5 (or more!), I got my BFP!! Divine timine I am so grateful for. I am 10 weeks today (YAY!) so we are very excited to welcome this little one in early May or even late April.

About 7 1/2 weeks in I started to experience the all day nausea, aversion to food (everything sooo smelly!), and dog tiredness. I thought, how can I take care of these 2 children like this?! But I also welcomed the sickness as a sign everything was on track. Mercifully exactly 4 days ago my symptoms subsided!! I was able to walk a 5k with friends this weekend and felt fantastic. I've been feeling a lot of uterine stretching the whole time which is a great feeling to actually feel action and presence in my womb as reassurance and connection. Though this week that has subsided too, replaced by this bump!

Today is my first midwife appointment, so excited! I'll have a water birth again.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sereberyy26sereberyy26 member
    edited October 2015
    Hi ladies,

I'm Sehrish. My husband and I have been married 4 years, and we are expecting our first baby. I am 8 weeks along and have my first pre-natal tomorrow! I'm really excited but also nervous to see how my baby is! I love this app, and reading everyone elses similar experience and worries makes me feel sane, because I worry about the smallest things. I am so excited to be a mom, and can not wait till the day I get to hold my little one in my arms!

Goodluck to everyone here who is already and pregnant and also to those trying to conceive. :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Monét. My DH & I have been together for 6 years and just got married on August 29th. We have a DD (my step daughter). I will b 28 in a few weeks and he is 29. We were not necessarily trying but I agreed to get off my BC before the wedding and I guess we had a little slip up. ;) I got 3 BFPs (bc of course I had to be sure) the day we returned from our honeymoon. Nonetheless we're still very happy & excited about our little Tater. We're 9 weeks today & our EDD is May 9th. Still a little worried bc it happened so fast but hopefully its just first time mom jitters.
  • Options
    BilaireBilaire member
    edited October 2015
    Hello lovely ladies!!!! Congratulations to all! I'm Claire from the Lehigh valley in PA. I'm 23 and I can already feel this app is going to be great optimistic vibes! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow!! Due May 10th, and also get to have my first ultrasound tomorrow :) this is my 2nd pregnancy, the first one ended in a miscarriage at 14 weeks. So very nervous about this one, but trying to stay positive and not stress too much!
  • Options
    Hi all - I'm Katie from Virginia. I'm 34 (35 in a couple of weeks) and expecting twins!  I'm due on May 15.  We had our second ultrasound last week and got to see their heartbeats, which was amazing.  We're still a little in shock about there being two, but we're super excited and looking forward to the adventure!
  • Options
    This shirt is how I plan to tell my coworkers on Halloween as well
  • Options
    Hello! I'm Kate, 30, live just outside Boston, am a high school teacher. I'm 6 or 7 weeks, haven't had my first OB/midwife appointment yet & the blood work/LMP data don't quite add up but definitely due in May! I'm married & have a dog & will be buying our first house a few months after the baby's born.
  • Options
    avillarreal91avillarreal91 member
    edited October 2015
    Hi! I'm Audri from Texas, 23 about to 24 and pregnant with my second child. My first is a daughter, 2.5 years old. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and have my second appointment next Monday! Not married but in a long term relationship with him :-)
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Congratulations to all the mamas! Im Michelle and I'm 25 and my husband is 26 and I'm pregnant with our honeymoon child! ( we got married September 5th). This is our second pregnancy, our first ended in miscarriage in February. As nerve wracking as the first trimester is, we're SO excited and doing everything possible to stay healthy! With hubby being in the military, it's hard being away from family, so it's nice to have a bunch of ladies at my fingertips going through the same thing! Always here if anyone needs to talk or vent about pregnancy frustrations:o). Due on my moms birthday, May 28th!
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Hi everyone :-h

My name is Brittany. I'm 26, and my husband is 28. We've been together since 2009, and got married on May 26, 2012. We live in north MS. I work in accounting at an investment firm, and my husband is a teacher/football coach (any fellow coaches' wives out there??). This is my first pregnancy. We started TTC in July, and this past cycle was the last one we were going to "try" on because I would like to avoid having a baby right before/during football season (yes, this is a legitimate concern :)) ). I don't think either of us thought it would actually happen this year, but I got a BFP on 9/22. We are very excited! My EDD is May 24, so we may celebrate our anniversary by having a baby.

Our first doctor's appointment is 10/14, and I am anxiously counting down the days. We haven't told anyone our news yet (we're telling our parents this weekend), so I have really enjoyed being able to read/talk about pregnancy related things within this community.

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    Hi, Im Ro from Santa Monica, CA.  my dh is 32 and I am 31.  Just had my birthday on OCT 2nd!!!

We have been married for 4 years and live a fairly happy and simple life.  We both want kids and my husband must be as excited as I am.  My husband is a filmmaker and I work for the city of Los Angeles.  We suffered a MC in May/June and it was really hard on us.  My husband took it to heart more than I expected but he was my rock through all of it.

We are hoping for twins (one heartbeat was found but 2 sacs and fetal poles) and are praying day and night for this.  We will find out thursday!
  • Options

Hello Everyone!

My name is Tiffany. I am 31 and 8 weeks pregnant with my second little one (Due Date May 13th 2016). I have a one son who turns 4 on Oct. 12th and married to my high school sweetheart. We started dating when I was a Jr. and he was a Sr. We will have been married for 5 years Oct. 9th.

I am a horse trainer and riding instructor in Ohio. This pregnancy is going much different than the one with my son. So much more sick this time around. We had our first ultrasound already and everything looks great.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you ladies more and share this amazing journey!

• Options
    Hey everyone.! I'm Cat. My boyfriend and I are both 24. We have known each other five years and this is our first. It was an oops moment, but we couldn't be more excited. I am due May 24 and today is exactly the beginning of week seven for me. I am so excited for this new adventure, but also quite nervous. I really appreciate having these forums to read and such. =)